SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

It's about time some journo investigated the financial state of Celtic. Getting knocked out of Europe cost in the region of £30+ million, an enormous wage bill, no fans in the stadium and potentially the court case. Hoping I'm wrong of course as we wouldn't like to see them ****.

3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Just read Raith asking for postponement v ICT due to covid.

That means next weeks 2 games also buggered !!!!

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

Only if SPFL agree to their request to postpone - they could have enough players to play.

its only fair, they made Celtic play

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Two 3-0 wins against Raith without playing would be funny. 

There would still be posters on her moaning about it not being 4-0 or more

Edited by milky_26

The Natural Order
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

There would still be posters on her moaning about it not being 4-0 or more

To be fair it's the only chance of us keeping a clean sheet.

Oh, and by the way. **** Raith!

LarrysRightFoot
47 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Only if SPFL agree to their request to postpone - they could have enough players to play.

They don’t have enough players to name the required minimum squad of 13 (if I understand it correctly).

49 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Youth players. If they don't have enough emergency loan some in. 

Either that or forefit the match. We cannot allow fixture build up due to covid, especially if there is a chance they might **** us by trying to cancel promotion. 

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Youth players. If they don't have enough emergency loan some in. 

Either that or forefit the match. We cannot allow fixture build up due to covid, especially if there is a chance they might **** us by trying to cancel promotion. 

Either this or 3-0 to Inverness.

2 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

They don’t have enough players to name the required minimum squad of 13 (if I understand it correctly).

If they don't have enough players, can they be forced to concede the game 3-0?... or does negligence or proof of bad-practice of COVID guidelines have to be proven first?

3 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Either this or 3-0 to Inverness.

Really? I'm not so sure... this rule would benefit teams with larger squads (for instance - celtic... whod've thunk it?) I'm pretty sure they have to of broken some COVID rules first before a forfeit. St Liedown and Killie made mistakes and I think this is why they were hammered.

LarrysRightFoot
6 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

If they don't have enough players, can they be forced to concede the game 3-0?... or does negligence or proof of bad-practice of COVID guidelines have to be proven first?

Who knows but they’ve failed to get emergency loans in on time. I’d assume they’d have time to get them in before they play us though.

LarrysRightFoot
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Really? I'm not so sure... this rule would benefit teams with larger squads (for instance - celtic... whod've thunk it?) I'm pretty sure they have to of broken some COVID rules first before a forfeit. St Liedown and Killie made mistakes and I think this is why they were hammered.

They’ve not been hammered yet. Think their appeal is heard at 6pm today.

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Don't think it will be a 3-0 forfeit , just hope so. We loaned Zamal to St Mirren earlier this seasons so emergency loans are an option.

Just now, LarrysRightFoot said:

They’ve not been hammered yet. Think their appeal is heard at 6pm today.

Yeah, you're right. That'll be interesting as Killie have cited shellick's dubai jolly in their appeal!... although they were initially hammered, and it's only recently the points have been removed from the league table (pending this appeal.)

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, you're right. That'll be interesting as Killie have cited shellick's dubai jolly in their appeal!... although they were initially hammered, and it's only recently the points have been removed from the league table (pending this appeal.)

Appeal starts 6pm this evening 

Raith have taken Kai Kennedy on loan from Rangers - he was at Inverness for the first part of this season and got good reviews. I wonder why Inverness didn't try to extend their loan.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Two 3-0 wins against Raith without playing would be funny. 

Boo, should be beating the shite in this league 5-0, at least. 

Strikers not scoring either. 

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, I think it's accepted by all covid will spread, if everyone followed the rules, the games seem to be getting prosptponed, but if there are breaches or poor practice identified - forced to play or forfeit. 

Hard to prove tho, unless you go abroad and have pints poolside, I would have thought. 

20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

They are trying to get the league cancelled .. 

AGREE

Their 10iar is up shit creek

Lennon will be nibbling Lawwells tadger to make it happen 

12 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If that happens, the spfl will completely implode. So, may not be the worst thing to happen. Think about it, since the summer the spfl/celtic have single handedly pissed off almost everyone in some capacity. Initially you had the demotions. Now you’ve got lower leagues cancelled, games changed (Hubs), double standards when it comes to COVID punishments - about the only club they’ve (spfl/celtic) have not pissed off are Rangers. If the league is called ‘void’, it would be the final nail in the coffin. No prize money, no European places and no title for Rangers. No promotions or relegations... the fallout would be catastrophic. The spfl would die. 
So, every cloud has a silver lining. Maybe it’s what the game requires here in Scotland? It certainly needs a governing transplant. 

FTSFA FTSPFL FTH 

Given championship clubs are now going to be subject to regular testing I would imagine in the first week or two there will be more cases identified

As we have seen outside the elite status the more you test the more you find

Players and staff will then get a reminder that they are not immune to catching this virus and hopefully tighten up their own procedures as well as social interactions but as some have said part time players also are on some of the clubs books and it may be they have to be out and about more than the average full time player.

PS as they did and do in England I hope testing is kept for clubs in the cup who are playing against sides who test on a regular basis

The purpose of furlough is for struggling companies that are affected and to protect workers from redundancy. Celtic just spent a quarter of a million pound on a completely unnecessary lads holiday during a pandemic.

Disgusting football club. 

4 minutes ago, DS98 said:

The purpose of furlough is for struggling companies that are affected and to protect workers from redundancy. Celtic just spent a quarter of a million pound on a completely unnecessary lads holiday during a pandemic.

Disgusting football club

Disgusting football club - deserves to be repeated. 

Surely a precedence has been set with the games. Can’t play then it’s 3-0 loss. 

I am sure Celtic made a point on Monday of saying they will play. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Rods said:

Surely a precedence has been set with the games. Can’t play then it’s 3-0 loss. 

I am sure Celtic made a point on Monday of saying they will play. 

No, depends on the circumstances. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

The thought has crossed my mind. Lets be honest here would anyone doubt Doncaster's ability to crawl up Liewell's arse whenever required. Null & Void would be a huge win for them. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The thought has crossed my mind. Lets be honest here would anyone doubt Doncaster's ability to crawl up Liewell's arse whenever required. Null & Void would be a huge win for them. 

Quotes from him in tomorrow's Daily Record where he refuses to rule out null and void despite it not being a option 9 months ago.. tells us all we need to know.

Question for in here - how do we see other clubs voting if it was to go down this route, same as before, clubs away from the bottom or the top voting for it? Or will they have found a moral compass..

Guest ToqueJambo
21 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Quotes from him in tomorrow's Daily Record where he refuses to rule out null and void despite it not being a option 9 months ago.. tells us all we need to know.

Question for in here - how do we see other clubs voting if it was to go down this route, same as before, clubs away from the bottom or the top voting for it? Or will they have found a moral compass..

Doncaster was vehemently against null and void last season, giving a whole raft of reasons it wasn't on the table at all:

"UEFA have made it clear that clubs have to be put forward for Europe on sporting merit. If you voiding a league it’s quite hard to see how teams can be put forward on sporting merit. We feel deciding a league on a points per game basis is sporting merit. There are all sorts of other factors. If it’s voided you would find a number of clubs and the league would face highly-damaging claims for a season that never happened. It could have led potentially to claims being made by partners of the league and of clubs themselves."

What's changed? Hmmm....

Even if he has the brass neck to now back it, he'll have some very big questions to answer as to what has changed from last season.

ToadKiller Dog

The one sensible move from the clubs was to vote not to give the spfl/celtic board full power because null and void would be a sure bet .

In terms of how the would vote ,I cant see enough votes for null and void but with lawwell ,Scottish football and that club dundee could never be certain.

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

13 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

The one sensible move from the clubs was to vote not to give the spfl/celtic board full power because null and void would be a sure bet .

In terms of how the would vote ,I cant see enough votes for null and void but with lawwell ,Scottish football and that club dundee could never be certain.

they’ll stop at nothing to get it null and voided. Nothing.  Spent £250,000 on a meaningless jolly that resulted in covid case(s) and yet furlough their under 18’s ?  That in itself sums them up. 
they are vile. A shite apology from the SPFL headmaster which was full of ‘we are the victims’. I can’t actually put into words how much I despise them. Their history is a disgrace, their fans are a disgrace (how many UEFA fines ?). Even their headline prick fan Rod Stewart can’t pick balls out a dish without being smacked up or pished (unsure as to what it was) 

18 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Armafekingeddon glorious

I watched tonight (on FA player) a League Cup match between X2 championship clubs, good match (at Bromley) Crystal Palace (part timers) lost to their full time opponents, it was the woman’s FA League Cup!!

Nice stadium better than many!

Natasha Flint looks threatening every time she gets the ball and she scored a ‘cracker’!

Seeing the match made me feel sorry for the Patrick Thistle and Falkirk!

79DD40FA-A5FF-4D99-B026-D10A089C5FD6.jpeg

Captain Sausage

Null and void would surely bring the house of cards toppling down. 

The fact that no plan was put in place, after what happened last year, is an absolute disgrace. Doncaster should be getting an absolute grilling by the media as to why:

- there was no clear guidance on what circumstances would allow a postponement vs a forfeited game

- no guidance on how to manage further lockdowns

- no guidance on how leagues would end if football stopped prematurely

Its a farce. 

56 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Null and void would surely bring the house of cards toppling down. 

The fact that no plan was put in place, after what happened last year, is an absolute disgrace. Doncaster should be getting an absolute grilling by the media as to why:

- there was no clear guidance on what circumstances would allow a postponement vs a forfeited game

- no guidance on how to manage further lockdowns

- no guidance on how leagues would end if football stopped prematurely

Its a farce. 

Doncaster refused to even consider null and void last time.  He would not even put it on the table.  

Even if it is merely considered, it would be a disgrace.   If it is actioned, the same teams punished last season would be again.  It would be a scandal. 

The idiot gets paid a similar wage to the US President.  That makes it even worse.  

Italian Lambretta
21 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Doncaster refused to even consider null and void last time.  He would not even put it on the table.  

Even if it is merely considered, it would be a disgrace.   If it is actioned, the same teams punished last season would be again.  It would be a scandal. 

The idiot gets paid a similar wage to the US President.  That makes it even worse.  

Could you imagine the reaction of the gers fans. They would lay siege to Hampden and people are going to get hurt.

21 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

What a risible **** Doncaster is. 

Can't post my thoughts on this cretin or I would get banned.  He is going with the line '75% of matches haven't been completed yet' to bail the manks out.  As others have said no one will accept it other than Celtic.  TV money will have to be repaid which would finish off clubs like Hamilton.   

• davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )