SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )

Heres Rixxy

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

But we want to overturn a decision which has already been taken. So we have to make that argument. If our argument isn’t strong or coherent, the SPFL could say nothing and still win

We’ve definitely got an argument. There’s definitely major doubts as to the spfl’s conduct. What I’m not sure of is just what sort of level of proof we need. It just confuses me the whole Dundee thing. What’s the chances of their vote being the one that went into quarantine, when it was r]the asking vote? Only a halfwit would believe there wasn’t something dodgy but is their proof? Does it all hinge on that? 

Edited by GinRummy

• Replies 93.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• Ethan Hunt

• Beast Boy

ToadKiller Dog

Is  that  the same Dundee United asking for money that put in a 250k bid for Kevin Nisbet from Dunfermline just a few weeks ago ? 

Edited by ToadKiller Dog

32 minutes ago, Rods said:

I was wondering why United etc were looking to continue the case after their defeat on Friday. Speaking to my United mate earlier and he makes a good point. Those three clubs probably don’t trust Doncaster/SPFL to do their bidding ie probably throw them under a bus at the first opportunity 

So they might actually help our case. 

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Hearts making an immediate return to training would certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons!!

Isn’t happening according to Robbie though. 

5 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

FTFY

That’s much better many thanks 

Sky Sports dictate policy and they have their fixtures 

Edited by Rods

Jack Torrance

Could we not start a Crowdfund to cover Hearts future legal costs. We could call it the Tangerine Fund. When Hearts refuse to accept it, we could donate it to pay for Robbie's fee.

Just to rub it in a bit....

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Money for compensation?

£120,000 I saw quoted last night.

Can't afford legal fees though.

🤔

Diadora Van Basten
2 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Money for compensation?

Micky Mellon sounds like a character from Billy the Fish.

WorldChampions1902
Just now, Sir Gio said:

We are all guessing. 

Never been here before 

I don’t disagree with what you have said. However, I strongly disagree at this moment in time with people saying we “won’t be playing in the Premier this coming season”.  

People keep spouting it and as you rightly say, “we are all guessing”.

At this juncture, nobody knows.

gashauskis9

Micky Mellon.  Sounds like an 80s comedian at Butlins. Wonder what his catchphrase is?

Edited by gashauskis9

29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Oot the game,  million pound fine or expulsion. 

Intimidation is back firing,  watch the rats desert the sinking ship.

BBC narrative very different tonight. 

Everyone wants to back the winner,  in the media,  definitely 

Somebody has read the court judgement.

AlimOzturk

Not even that bothered about playing in the premier league if it means we get compensated. Pretty certain some clubs won't survive this regardless and could see them in administration or liquidation at worse. That would force reconstruction anyways. 

Imagine that, we get compensated and find ourselves playing in the premier league regardless. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

Money for compensation?

🤣 D Utd's last 3 statements:

Friday: "Yaas, we're going to arbitration"

Monday morning: "Help, we can't pay for arbitration" 

Monday afternoon: "We've just paid for a new manager"

I tell you what, each of these hypocritical clubs have a damn ****ing cheek complaining about the costs of this action.

£150K between 3 - exactly what they gained from the exceptional benevolence of James Anderson. 

So they are no better  and no worse off by OUR actions (since we introduced our benefactor to the 42 clubs).

What they are really saying, then, is:

a) we've ****ed up our finances and are going to blame it on Hearts as a convenient scapegoat, hopefully in the process fomenting more hate in our direction.

Hypocrites over the "integrity" statement. Hypocrites over the financial position they find themselves in. Hypocrites in their demands to be made champions after 30 games but then to not vote to ensure similar fairness by not relegating clubs after 30 games. 

So I hope my fellow Hearts fans will both robustly rebutt this false narrative and also remember the most important part of all of this:

░█████╗░███╗░░██╗██╗░░░░░██╗░░░██╗  ██╗░░██╗███████╗░█████╗░██████╗░████████╗░██████╗
██╔══██╗████╗░██║██║░░░░░╚██╗░██╔╝  ██║░░██║██╔════╝██╔══██╗██╔══██╗╚══██╔══╝██╔════╝
██║░░██║██╔██╗██║██║░░░░░░╚████╔╝░  ███████║█████╗░░███████║██████╔╝░░░██║░░░╚█████╗░
██║░░██║██║╚████║██║░░░░░░░╚██╔╝░░  ██╔══██║██╔══╝░░██╔══██║██╔══██╗░░░██║░░░░╚═══██╗
╚█████╔╝██║░╚███║███████╗░░░██║░░░  ██║░░██║███████╗██║░░██║██║░░██║░░░██║░░░██████╔╝
░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚══╝╚══════╝░░░╚═╝░░░  ╚═╝░░╚═╝╚══════╝╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░░╚═════╝░

AllyjamboDerbyshire
2 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I don’t disagree with what you have said. However, I strongly disagree at this moment in time with people saying we “won’t be playing in the Premier this coming season”.  

People keep spouting it and as you rightly say, “we are all guessing”.

At this juncture, nobody knows.

Totally agree with you, especially when they pontificate something contrary to the general mood of the thread without the least attempt to justify it. 

9 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Money for compensation?

Plenty money  for compo and a manager  how ever we’re skint so help us fight Hearts and Partick. Eh Naw Bolt.

:bolt:

7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We’ve definitely got an argument. There’s definitely major doubts as to the spfl’s conduct. What I’m not sure of is just what sort of level of proof we need. It just confuses me the whole Dundee thing. What’s the chances of their vote being the one that went into quarantine, when it was r]the asking vote? Only a halfwit would believe there wasn’t something dodgy but is their proof? Does it all hinge on that? 

The outcome will be determined on the balance of probabilities, unlike a criminal case where we'd have to prove our case beyond all reasonable doubt.

I think this helps us, because as we've seen, there is a fairly lengthy list of things that went on that we can challenge.

If we had to prove our case beyond all reasonable doubt, I feel convinced the SPFL would manage to wriggle out of it.

SectionDJambo
5 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Micky Mellon.  Sounds like an 80s comedian at Butlins. Wonder what his catchphrase is?

I wonder when the type of sarcastic comment from the media, that welcomes Hearts managers, along the lines of “what does he know about Scottish football”, will be heard?

I expect the opposite.

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Locky said:

:yas: :greatpost:

You are honestly my favourite poster on this place right now Doofy.

Yep I’ve been skipping pages regular trying to keep up with this thread but that post is bang on the cash👏🏼

Diadora Van Basten

I think the part they are worried about is paying for legal costs and losing.

They are not confident enough to put their own money up so are asking others to fund the legal costs for them.

8 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Micky Mellon sounds like a character from Billy the Fish.

Played in Hearts BP youth cup team alongside Alan McLaren and

George Wright late 80s

29 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Fixtures. 

Still something that doesn't sit right. 

13 10 10 9 is my feeling. 

The secretary suggested 4 games in 8 days maybe several times. 

I don't see that in those fixtures,  nowhere 

I found that a very strange thing to say like it would make everything so so difficult and oh the worry.

So the 19/20 SPL season only had 8 games to go so they could complete it in just 16 days or perhaps stretch it to 3 weeks or 21 days.  This however is far too difficult but they are prepared to do it in season 20/21. Oh the hassle of it all.

Epic trolling by the SPFL there IMHO.

They have no shame.................at the moment but this is about to change

Edited by 7628mm

33 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

1. There is no logical argument that the Dundee vote was not validly cast and therefore the resolution failed.

2. Even assuming by some bizarre hitherto unknown law/precedent it could be revoked, the resolution would have been fatally compromised as soon Doncaster/Nelms started horse trading.

3. Even if somehow 1 and 2 don’t apply they have to prove the resolution wasn’t guilty by omission, by failing to mention the financial liabilities of what was proposed and that alternative ways of distributing cash were available.

4. last but not least they have to show that a duty of care was exercised to all clubs and that the relegated clubs have not been unfairly prejudiced.

Not sure how arbitration works.

But if it is like court, as it appears to be then the Dundee vote is crucial.

Now it was discussed at the court case what will be admitted and agreed between the parties. 

I presume the SPFL will still argue that Dundee can change their vote. But I presume we will argue that because the SPFL didn't ask for the Resolution to be approved but instead asks for a Yes or No vote, that it was a No vote and so the Resolution failed. If on legal points that is determined during the arbitration then surely the SPFL will have to offer a way out. 

The Mighty Thor

Just tried to catch up on 20 odd pages.

What a day.....

Leckie's illiterate pish

Doncaster's Comical Ali routine

Full time throbber and inbred bystander with worthy contributions and then the cherry on top, the 3 diddy clubs realising they've, as someone posted earlier, brought a knife to a gun fight. 

What a time to be alive 

:smugger:

AlimOzturk
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Yep I’ve been skipping pages regular trying to keep up with this thread but that post is bang on the cash👏🏼

Certainly is. Best post I have read on kickback in years. 

gashauskis9
1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

I wonder when the type of sarcastic comment from the media, that welcomes Hearts managers, along the lines of “what does he know about Scottish football”, will be heard?

I expect the opposite.

He’s from Paisley, so even though he’s never managed up here he’ll get the “good Scottish laddie” welcome and be treated like a messiah by the media. 

David McCaig
Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure how arbitration works.

But if it is like court, as it appears to be then the Dundee vote is crucial.

Now it was discussed at the court case what will be admitted and agreed between the parties. 

I presume the SPFL will still argue that Dundee can change their vote. But I presume we will argue that because the SPFL didn't ask for the Resolution to be approved but instead asks for a Yes or No vote, that it was a No vote and so the Resolution failed. If on legal points that is determined during the arbitration then surely the SPFL will have to offer a way out. 

As far as I am aware arbitration is run exactly as  a court case would be.

39 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

1. There is no logical argument that the Dundee vote was not validly cast and therefore the resolution failed.

2. Even assuming by some bizarre hitherto unknown law/precedent it could be revoked, the resolution would have been fatally compromised as soon Doncaster/Nelms started horse trading.

3. Even if somehow 1 and 2 don’t apply they have to prove the resolution wasn’t guilty by omission, by failing to mention the financial liabilities of what was proposed and that alternative ways of distributing cash were available.

4. last but not least they have to show that a duty of care was exercised to all clubs and that the relegated clubs have not been unfairly prejudiced.

It's a good case. 

Rick Sanchez

I doubt very much any of James Anderson's money goes directly to the club, never mind legal fees.

It was to serve the club and their community projects, no?

1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

They are not confident enough to put their own money up so are asking others to fund the legal costs for them.

Yeah, its entirely shameful. Not only that but it appears to be a plea to other clubs fans.

They can afford to pay Shankland ridiculous wages, they can afford to pay their own ****ing legal case. Actual tramps, Ogren's loaded as well :D 

10 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

'Ya gotta take yer medicine, doncha'

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

The thing that none of the media have mentioned re fixtures is that if we are reinstated, or it goes to a 13 or 14 team top league then neither us nor ICT will be ready to play until something like 6-8 weeks after the decision is made. That could be as late as mid September before one or two of the clubs are ready to play. That will seriously mess up the seasons scheduling. 

Scottish government is still to give the go ahead for 1st August

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

As far as I am aware arbitration is run exactly as  a court case would be.

Could the panel say during the hearing "The Resolution failed". 

Or would that all need to wait till end. 

Edited by Mikey1874

AllyjamboDerbyshire
3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Just tried to catch up on 20 odd pages.

What a day.....

Leckie's illiterate pish

Doncaster's Comical Ali routine

Full time throbber and inbred bystander with worthy contributions and then the cherry on top, the 3 diddy clubs realising they've, as someone posted earlier, brought a knife to a gun fight. 

What a time to be alive 

:smugger:

And couldn't afford the knife.

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

And if Raith pull out there is a 50% increase in costs for United and Cove. If Cove pull out, United costs will have risen by 200%.... financial reality dawning fast on the Calpol 3.

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Could the panel say during the hearing "The Resolution failed". 

Or would that all need to wait till end. 

I would imagine it would be the first thing considered.

Surely in the the current vein of self interest no other clubs will be helping these 3 out. They will be favourites for the drop if they fail in there action with the spfl against us.

See going back to the Doncaster on Sky Sports. When have we ever seen that clown in front of a camera?

He's bricking it I think. 

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

And if Raith pull out there is a 50% increase in costs for United and Cove. If Cove pull out, United costs will have risen by 200%.... financial reality dawning fast on the Calpol 3.

I just read Raith Chairman saying he would decide in next day or so, terrified in being landed with our costs aswell !!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I agree with that but what I’m saying is that the SPFL don’t have to prove they didn’t do anything wrong. We have to prove that they did.

AlphonseCapone
1 minute ago, OTT said:

See going back to the Doncaster on Sky Sports. When have we ever seen that clown in front of a camera?

Looked a lot thinner than I remember. Lockdown health kick or weight loss from stress... 

Riccarton3
11 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I'm not even sure if it is all about money.  It may be part of it but I see this as another attempt at a narrative to try and weaken the opposition. Like the attempt to muster support before the hearing at the CoS. Yes, it may be futile but any perception they can build to make the Hearts n Thistle to be the bad guys they'll take. This does have the feel of the  SPfL lawyer influence about it. 'look what these clubs are doing to the game' and A complicit media are happy to run with it. Devious. But i it's how they operate. They like it this way.

Edited by Riccarton3

Diadora Van Basten
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

I wonder if he got Lawell to go with him to hold his hand like he did when he negotiated the Sky deal.

Riccarton3
4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Why was he on? Fixtures?

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, its entirely shameful. Not only that but it appears to be a plea to other clubs fans.

They can afford to pay Shankland ridiculous wages, they can afford to pay their own ****ing legal case. Actual tramps, Ogren's loaded as well :D 

And they've posted large losses the past two years, but their financial predicament is all our fault.

• jkbmod 9 changed the title to SPFL declare league (2019/20) due to Covid (Arbitration panel upholds SPFL decision )
  • davemclaren changed the title to SPFL and Covid ( Leagues 1 and 2 to restart )