Next manager.

Hans von Luck

2 minutes ago, lou said:

I don't think you could judge any manager in that circus, his record in Scottish football is interesting reading

You can’t dismiss it either.  He was dreadful.   His record in the Championship was worse than McCoist’s, and I wouldn’t have him either.  

I also would not trust him in any match against Rangers, especially one that mattered.  

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

You can’t dismiss it either.  He was dreadful.   His record in the Championship was worse than McCoist’s, and I wouldn’t have him either.  

I also would not trust him in any match against Rangers, especially one that mattered.  

I didn't want him last time around but we were not inundated with quality applicants, on an ideal world, Naismith would be ready to take it on 

Please oh please not Neil McCann. Couldn't wait to slag us when he went to Rangers. And besides, he's crap. Sorry to hear Robbo has signed an extension with Caley. Give Naisy his first manager's job with an experienced co‐pilot. Tailor made.....!

11 minutes ago, Section Q said:

Please oh please not Neil McCann. Couldn't wait to slag us when he went to Rangers. And besides, he's crap. Sorry to hear Robbo has signed an extension with Caley. Give Naisy his first manager's job with an experienced co‐pilot. Tailor made.....!

What did Terry say when he left for Sevco to slag us off🤔!??? Dont recall anything, in fact did he not get a great reception upon his return??

3 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

What did Terry say when he left for Sevco to slag us off🤔!??? Dont recall anything, in fact did he not get a great reception upon his return??

He done an interview with rangers tv at the time of signing saying he was in no hurry to leave Hearts

6 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I remember after his first training session with the Huns he said  how " professional" it was and not what he was used to.

After winning the Cup with Rangers he said it meant more than the cup win with Hearts. These guys need to have good memories. Decent player, shite coach.......!

Edited by Section Q

I'd take Tommy Wright tbh. He'd add to our, we hate everyone we don't care attitude. Snapping legs and taking names. 

We need someone tough. 

8 minutes ago, pointon said:

He done an interview with rangers tv at the time of signing saying he was in no hurry to leave Hearts

Sooo not a hanging offence for Terry! 

Gillsland jack

I have never heard Neil McCann say anything negative about his time with Hearts, quite the contrary in fact, I would have Terry as first team manager and Jim Jefferies as Director of Football, I think that would be a great move by Queen Anne!!!...only if Stendel doesn't return though!!!.🙂

7 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I remember after his first training session with the Huns he said  how " professional" it was and not what he was used to.

After winning the Cup with Rangers he said it meant more than the cup win with Hearts. These guys need to have good memories. Decent player, shite coach.......!

Och it probably was a better set up and more professional....nothing said to lose our shit over me thinks...

heartsfc_fan

The way it's going it'll probably be Naismith player manager and Kirk his assistant.

2 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

The way it's going it'll probably be Naismith player manager and Kirk his assistant.

I'd take that. Great division to blood a new coach. Would like an older head with them too.

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, lou said:

I don't think you could judge any manager in that circus, his record in Scottish football is interesting reading

Another guy that did well 15 years ago, been there done that.

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Might be the strike partnership 😜. Wouldn’t mind it if we had a older DoF mentoring them.

Ex member of the SaS

Before I start I have no idea of which manager we should go for as I don't follow the other clubs/leagues. Having said that I would not take a single candidate suggested so far and delighted Robbo is out the running, Hartley, McCann etc can all do one. I seriously thought Stendel would be great for us and maybe he was just the wrong guy to fight a relegation battle, but we need to cast our net further than old has been Scottish managers. The old merry go round of " Old hands" and ex players is a tried and failed exercise. Sound out the lower leagues around the world and try to find someone on the way up ( as I thought Stendel was ) 

If you are a manager and this job comes up you will jump at the chance

A great chance for promotion in your first season...in charge of the best supported club by well over 100% of the next  'biggest club' in that division, the best funded club in the division, a club with all the resources others don't have.

I'll make my position clear. If the next manager does not get us promotion he should be released..no if's but's or maybe's..you could give him a one year deal with 2/3 year contract should he succeed

I know humility should be the approach but not 20/21..I want us to aim for a 27 match undefeated season despite the fact we will be the target for all the smaller clubs

PS this does not mean our last manager should not be at least offered the role but salary may be an issue..he has no job at present and getting us up will give him a notch on his managerial belt

We could let him know there will be a promotion bonus as well as a contract on the table

Edited by CJGJ

29 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Is be happy with this also

Famous 1874
35 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Jim Jeffries DOF 

We need to replace Stendel with someone with a knowledge of the championship clubs. 

Cannot afford to get this appointment wrong yet again.

58 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I'd take Tommy Wright tbh. He'd add to our, we hate everyone we don't care attitude. Snapping legs and taking names. 

We need someone tough. 

I thought we wanted fans to attend matches and be entertained

Guest ToqueJambo

That's a blow about Robbo extending at Caley. I think it might be Andy Kirk as caretaker for a season the way things are looking.

23 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Have I missed the club statement about Stendel leaving?? 

This 🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Nathan2012 said:

NEW CONTRACT
BREAKING NEWS 

@ICTFC manager John Robertson agrees a contract extension until the end of season 2022-2023

More on @SkySportsNews

So if Stendel does leave it looks like it won’t be Robbo 

I’m glad to be honest. Would hate to see his reputation tarnished a la Levein

Guest ToqueJambo
26 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Have I missed the club statement about Stendel leaving?? 

Thought it was common knowledge his contract was only valid for the Premiership. That's what he said in the press a couple of weeks ago anyhow.

will-i-am-a-jambo
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

Stendel has no contract therefore we have no manager.

Robinson still for me.👍

Do you think Robinson would leave Well to go to Hearts in the Championship? I'm not convinced he would. As much as l loath the man l'd go for Tommy Wright if Stendel moves on.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Stendel has no contract therefore we have no manager.

Robinson still for me.👍

Interested in why you think he'd leave Motherwell in Europe for Hearts in the Championship

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, will-i-am-a-jambo said:

Do you think Robinson would leave Well to go to Hearts in the Championship? I'm not convinced he would. As much as l loath the man l'd go for Tommy Wright if Stendel moves on.

I think Steve Robinson is very keen on Hearts and actively got his agent to link him with us before Stendel came in,I think any manager outside of the big 2 would still view Hearts as the 3rd biggest job in Scotland.

will-i-am-a-jambo

I think Steve Robinson is very keen on Hearts and actively got his agent to link him with us before Stendel came in,I think any manager outside of the big 2 would still view Hearts as the 3rd biggest job in Scotland.

Thanks for the reply. Interesting, l didn't know he was actively looking to come here. However, l think that ship has sailed as that was when we were in the Premiership. Robinson is a good manger though and would definitely have him over Wright, l just don't think he would come to us at this point.

Leave a club who have been looking at Europe to a club that is in a league below, don't know when they will play again or with what budget. Not likely.

I think we will be looking at a young manager, Naismith if that's his thing, Kirk, Alan Johnson etc or a manager who unemployed or at slower club. Nobody is leaving a decent job to an unknown situation in this climate.

36 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I thought we wanted fans to attend matches and be entertained

You could be manager in the Championship and we'd win it. 

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

You could be manager in the Championship and we'd win it. 

I'm up for that...time we had someone with an opinion and won't sit on the fence

Some of JKB will love it  😜 it won't be long until the banner flies past with 'CJGJ must go' when we are 9 points clear by end of January 2021

Just think the manager posting on Kickback and being ITK as well..it'll kill the rumour factory though

Aye folks, Robinson who has got Motherwell into Europe, bringing through alot of young players who are all going to make them major wonga, is going to leave that job, who needs Europa league when you can have the irn bru challenge cup, going abroad for a game or going to Inverness on a freezing cold rainy Wednesday night.

Unbelievable how some fans things we can just go out and get him 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Aye folks, Robinson who has got Motherwell into Europe, bringing through alot of young players who are all going to make them major wonga, is going to leave that job, who needs Europa league when you can have the irn bru challenge cup, going abroad for a game or going to Inverness on a freezing cold rainy Wednesday night.

We could🤷‍♂️ and quite easily if we wanted him👍

Complete fantasy but I want Robbie Neilson back. Top man, good manager up here and  unfinished business at Hearts. Hounded our by some and clearly not at ease working under CL.

However, that’s not going to happen. 

Reckon we’ll see Andy Kirk heavily involved. 

Warmed up to Robbo coming back, again that won’t happen now.

Don’t want to hear Tony Wrights name bounded about. That would be a backwards move. 

SomethingAboutObua

Tommy Wright would be my guess for who we hire, probably the most affordable and quickly aquierable free agent atm? Not my first choice but not a bad choice. We need to **** off with any plans of dragging on a manager search again for another season of a manager without a preseason and none of his own signings and all that crap for excuses again. Get someone proven in and get them in ASAP. 

Some people think re signing Gallagher and Kirk are signs of Stendel staying because he likes Kirk? Glad Kirk’s Staying but our recruitment has been awful throughout the club, why would re-signing Gallagher suggest anything other than the people running the club still don’t have a clue about the football side? 

We have no chance with Robinson, get that chat stopped now. 

SomethingAboutObua

Tommy Wright would be my guess for who we hire, probably the most affordable and quickly aquierable free agent atm? Not my first choice but not a bad choice. We need to **** off with any plans of dragging on a manager search again for another season of a manager without a preseason and none of his own signings and all that crap for excuses again. Get someone proven in and get them in ASAP. 

Some people think re signing Gallagher and Kirk are signs of Stendel staying because he likes Kirk? Glad Kirk’s Staying but our recruitment has been awful throughout the club, why would re-signing Gallagher suggest anything other than the people running the club still don’t have a clue about the football side? 

We have no chance with Robinson, get that chat stopped now. 

16 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

I think fans think we could go out and get him because we pretty much could. Managing hearts, who now have a reputation of giving managers time and money, compared to managing Motherwell, who have no money and no prospect of ever having any, is an absolute no brainier. 

Europa League qualifier(s) by the way. They won’t be in the actual league. 

I think it could well be Andy Kirk if, as expected, Stendel goes. Not my preference but she may look to promote from within. 

Buzzbomb1874
4 hours ago, pointon said:

Could do worse

4 hours ago, FORTHCLYDE said:

Get Sir Paul tomorrow.

5 year deal at Cove , not coming to Hearts Anytime soon. 5 year deal for a manager  in the current climate - WOW 

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, CJGJ said:

I'm up for that...time we had someone with an opinion and won't sit on the fence

Some of JKB will love it  😜 it won't be long until the banner flies past with 'CJGJ must go' when we are 9 points clear by end of January 2021

Just think the manager posting on Kickback and being ITK as well..it'll kill the rumour factory though

Only 9 points clear with the budget you have and you are surprised that people want you out. Plus, we don't score enough away from home and we are only averaging 4 goals a game.

CJGJ out.

Watch Gavin Rae talk to Si Ferry about his experience with foreign coaches in Scotland. All the players taken the huff cause they expected the players to take care of themselves and act like proper athletes. Slight insight into what Stendel has had to deal with. I am hoping we can get his situation sorted ASAP.