Next manager.

Hans von Luck

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Ffs with no money, having to do all the work himself, whilst trying to get them fit, in the most difficult window to get players. Did you support that charlatan Levein by any chance?

Making excuses for his failure to win matches and referring to alternate stats got us to here.

Following the same pattern now would be madness based upon performances since December. 

The fact said Charlatans could perform in the big games tells me all i need to know about his managerial credentials.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

1 hour ago, Rods said:

Daniel Stendel will be our manager next year.

Hope so mate still think he is a good manager 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Making excuses for his failure to win matches and referring to alternate stats got us to here.

Following the same pattern now would be madness based upon performances since December. 

The fact said Charlatans could perform in the big games tells me all i need to know about his managerial credentials.

They have performed well in most big games for years, it’s the other games that let us down. There’s a few reasons for that, one being the crazy bonus system. No answer if you supported Levein, a man that’s cost the club millions with many more still to be lost, he did ok from signing lots of players though.

So let’s move on to who should replace him, go on give us a laugh.

Caley Squidster

The longer discussions with the leagues take regarding Ann Budge's league reconstruction proposals, the more worried I'm becoming that you guys are going to poach John Robertson :-(. 

I would not be sad to see him leave for a club where he is endorsed, the bit that worries me is, he will be hard to replace. We would probably have Paul Sheerin as favourite with others such as Darren Young, Maurice Malpas, Alan Archibald etc linked as well. 

I really hope AB is successful in her efforts at league reconstruction because i just can't see Stendel manage in the Championship, especially if it is a big pay cut he's being asked to take.

4 hours ago, Rods said:

Daniel Stendel will be our manager next year.

Hope so too mate. He's an attack minded manager and wants to play the way we want to see Hearts play. 

Probably the wrong man for a relegation battle but he's a good coach and will succeed given time to build his own squad. 

Caley Thistle needn't worry about losing Robbo. I believe Craig Levein is at a loose end!

Edited by BobbyCox

On 31/05/2020 at 19:32, Caley Squidster said:

Yeah right they did!! 

I can't help but laugh when I see posts like this, as if people on the outside would have "contacts" in the club who would then break confidential information that would lead to the sack!! 

And, in no way would a manager "clear his desk" BEFORE a club has asked permission to talk to him. 

So, you might fool others on here (but I doubt it) but you certainly don't fool me :/. 

Your over confidence in “knowing” that people in football don’t talk to any friends or family about what’s happening at work is what’s laughable. It’s abundantly clear this does happen, information does leak. It leaks from far more secure organisations than a football club in Scotland. If you don’t know that then you my friend have your head buried in the sand and have done for many years. 

I stated and again state that I am not claiming to be “In the know” and was purely passing on info I received from a friend who has a contact at ICT this same friend told me the Robbo was getting the job before it was “revealed” but that DOES NOT make it 100% reliable or correct. 

As for “clearing his desk” the comment may not mean that he has actually taken a box to work and put all his possessions in it and taken them home but again this only shows a lack of understanding. 

I should maybe remind you that this is a fans forum where rumours, gossip, discussions, opinions are and should be welcomed, I have shared info before that has proven to be wrong but I share it to discuss. If you are looking for only 100% facts I’m afraid to advise you that you are indeed looking in the wrong place. 

Finally I am not trying to fool anyone as I had hoped was obvious, but I’m afraid only a “fool” would take what I’ve posted above so seriously or as a fact considering in the same post it states clearly it is not fact. I hope this makes it more clear for you so that in the future you can accept that a forum is not necessarily a factual document otherwise you unfortunately will continue to be “fooled” 

Caley Squidster
38 minutes ago, Mdoug79 said:

Your over confidence in “knowing” that people in football don’t talk to any friends or family about what’s happening at work is what’s laughable. It’s abundantly clear this does happen, information does leak. It leaks from far more secure organisations than a football club in Scotland. If you don’t know that then you my friend have your head buried in the sand and have done for many years. 

I stated and again state that I am not claiming to be “In the know” and was purely passing on info I received from a friend who has a contact at ICT this same friend told me the Robbo was getting the job before it was “revealed” but that DOES NOT make it 100% reliable or correct. 

As for “clearing his desk” the comment may not mean that he has actually taken a box to work and put all his possessions in it and taken them home but again this only shows a lack of understanding. 

I should maybe remind you that this is a fans forum where rumours, gossip, discussions, opinions are and should be welcomed, I have shared info before that has proven to be wrong but I share it to discuss. If you are looking for only 100% facts I’m afraid to advise you that you are indeed looking in the wrong place. 

Finally I am not trying to fool anyone as I had hoped was obvious, but I’m afraid only a “fool” would take what I’ve posted above so seriously or as a fact considering in the same post it states clearly it is not fact. I hope this makes it more clear for you so that in the future you can accept that a forum is not necessarily a factual document otherwise you unfortunately will continue to be “fooled” 

I will add that, if he does go then I'd rather it be to you guys rather than the Scum of Perth ;-).

As I've stated above, the compensation money will be very welcome as it will help in our search for a replacement :). 

I don't want to fall out with you so I'm say nothing else :-P. 

Guest ToqueJambo
On 25/05/2020 at 04:19, Pasquale for King said:

Because they both have poor records as managers, there’s a reason they’re doing the jobs they currently do.

Our best last manager had no record as a manager. You just never know who will turn out good. Levein on paper - going by his experience - should have been way better than Neilson. But he was way worse. Chelsea and Arsenal have recently appointed ex players with little or no managerial experience. Real Madrid, Liverpool, Barcelona - they've all done it. Hiring a manager is a total lottery. We have seen this ourselves the last 10+ years. There's no magic formula to follow.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Andy Walker has written a piece on Sky sports website about reconstruction, at the end he says Robbo will be Hearts new manager for new season 

kingantti1874

I would like us to bring in robbo, and that is a massive turnaround from me on that subject, four months ago it was absolutely a no from me but right now it just feels right.. 

As for Caley, I’d like to see us forge ties with Caley, would be a great place for our younger players to gain some experience. Clearly a good club with strong sporting values..

this is controversial but hypothetically if we did take Robbo back,  Neil McCann May be a good shout, think there is a manager in there somewhere I  really do.. deserves another chance

Edited by kingantti1874

21 hours ago, BobbyCox said:

Caley Thistle needn't worry about losing Robbo. I believe Craig Levein is at a loose end!

They don't deserve that shit. 

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I would like us to bring in robbo, and that is a massive turnaround from me on that subject, four months ago it was absolutely a no from me but right now it just feels right.. 

As for Caley, I’d like to see us forge ties with Caley, would be a great place for our younger players to gain some experience. Clearly a good club with strong sporting values..

this is controversial but hypothetically if we did take Robbo back,  Neil McCann May be a good shout, think there is a manager in there somewhere I  really do.. deserves another chance

I want Stendel to stay but if that's not happening, would be happy with Robbo. Need a dof and rid of Murray.

Marty Byrde

Stendal is hedging his bets a bit IMO. I'd like him to commit regardless of what league we are in and If not we should make a decision for him - cheerio. Does he want to manage Hearts or not?

Robbo is a no for me and a choice made by romantics who are influenced by him being a club legend. Take his managerial record and apply it to anyone else and he'd be nowhere near the job.

Edited by Marty Byrde

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

Stendal is hedging his bets a bit IMO. I'd like him to commit regardless of what league we are in and If not we should make a decision for him - cheerio. Does he want to manage Hearts or not?

Robbo is a no for me and a choice made by romantics who are influenced by him being a club legend. Take his managerial record and apply it to anyone else and he'd be nowhere near the job.

That's nonsense. He's tailor-made for the job if we do end up in the Championship. As for Stendel it's not up to him. We need to make him a contract offer - he confirmed the other day he's currently out of contract as he only had a contract for the Premiership. If we make him an offer it'll be on significantly reduced terms. 

As for not appointing club legends etc, maybe tell Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Spurs, Celtic, Liverpool and countless others who have gone down that route despite being able to attract pretty much any manager.

Marty Byrde
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

That's nonsense. He's tailor-made for the job if we do end up in the Championship. As for Stendel it's not up to him. We need to make him a contract offer - he confirmed the other day he's currently out of contract as he only had a contract for the Premiership. If we make him an offer it'll be on significantly reduced terms. 

As for not appointing club legends etc, maybe tell Man Utd, Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Spurs, Celtic, Liverpool and countless others who have gone down that route despite being able to attract pretty much any manager.

It's not nonsense. Tommy Wright is a demonstrably better manager than Robbo but people don't want him, why is that?

To me it's heart ruling head stuff especially when Wright is a free agent. But there ye go.

Should add I want DS to stay, but if he were to go etc

Edited by Marty Byrde

22 hours ago, Caley Squidster said:

I will add that, if he does go then I'd rather it be to you guys rather than the Scum of Perth ;-).

As I've stated above, the compensation money will be very welcome as it will help in our search for a replacement :). 

I don't want to fall out with you so I'm say nothing else :-P. 

I certainly don't want to fall out with you or anyone else.

If these "whispers" are true I would obviously welcome Robbo with open arms but if not I would far rather he stayed at ICT than go anywhere else. He obviously has a very good relationship at ICT with the staff and fans and I like to see that. I personally believe that Stendel will stay at Hearts. I also believe that more managers will stay where they are currently due to the lack of funds clubs will have to employ new managers. 

I would be gutted if he were to go to Perth for anything other than a pint and a round of golf.

Caley Squidster
2 hours ago, Boghell51 said:

Andy Walker has written a piece on Sky sports website about reconstruction, at the end he says Robbo will be Hearts new manager for new season 

He said WHAT 😡

Sky need to sack him for spouting that on air! 

🤣

37 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

How many years has John Robertson been managing in the championship and how many times has he had a team promoted?  How on earth is he tailor made?  Tommy Wright is a fantastic point and would be a much better appointment in the short term at least.   Let’s all hope it’s irrelevant and Daniel stays though because he’s the best man for the job and it’s about time we all backed a manager. 

Edited by Last Laff

8 minutes ago, Caley Squidster said:

He said WHAT 😡

Sky need to sack him for spouting that on air! 

🤣

Good news is, you get Yogi back. 👍

Caley Squidster
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

How many years has John Robertson been managing in the championship and how many times has he had a team promoted?  How on earth is he tailor made?  Tommy Wright is a fantastic point and would be a much better appointment in the short term at least.   Let’s all hope it’s irrelevant and Daniel stays though because he’s the best man for the job and it’s about time we all backed a manager. 

And how many good teams stopped him getting promoted? Your questions are ridiculous.

First season, he has to contend with Utd and others plus had a rebuild job on his hand after the dud Foran completely ruined our squad by signing Dross.

Second season it was St M, Livi and Utd and last season it was a Utd team that were a lot better under Robbie Neilson than they've had for a long time but we were ahead of Dundee, which is some achievement imho. In fact, if we had a shot at the play offs, I believe we could have won them and earned promotion. 

So, with the quality left at Tynecastle, my opinion is, he'd do a lot better than last time, run away with the championship by at least 15pts, win the Challenge Cup and rebu them with a good crop of youngsters that ARE capable of a top 6 Premiership finish on their return to the Premiership ;). 

I still hope he stays but fear the lure of Hearts and his admission of having "unfinished business" will lure him back :(. 

My replacement for him would be Paul Sheerin or a rookie such as Barry Robson. 

Flow State
8 hours ago, Boghell51 said:

Booooooooo. 

Sorry, natural reaction to seeing the words Andy Walker. 

A great weeping penis of a man. 

As you were. 

7 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

It's not nonsense. Tommy Wright is a demonstrably better manager than Robbo but people don't want him, why is that?

To me it's heart ruling head stuff especially when Wright is a free agent. But there ye go.

Should add I want DS to stay, but if he were to go etc

Cos Tommy Wright is an arsehole

Clerry Jambo
9 hours ago, Boghell51 said:

He says should be number one target

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/20245/11999403/andy-walker-surprise-investment-in-scottish-football-should-be-welcomed-with-open-arms

I know stendel contract is null and void is relegated/ demoted but if there is a miracle and reconstruction happens then is his contract reinstated. Wonder if there is more to the daily robbo tweets on Hearts twitter 

9 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

Got ICT into the SPL for the first time by winning the league.  2 Challenge cup wins.  Had them competing this past season on a shoestring budget.

Saved Derry from relegation and won the League Cup.

Took Hearts to two semi finals and decent performances in Europe. 

He may not be Sir Alex but it could hardly be said to be "a choice made by romantics".  He is better than what we have had to endure for the past 5 years.  Even Stendel was a disastrous appointment let's be honest.  If we had gone for Robbo after Levein we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.  

Show Stendel what the contract would be if we are playing in the championship next season (most likely scenario) if he does not fancy it say our good byes and get a manager in pronto reqruitment is going to be essential 

Personally don't think Stendel is worth taking a further risk with.  Rather go for someone tried and tested.  Robinson or Holt to steady the ship.

Hans von Luck
7 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Personally don't think Stendel is worth taking a further risk with.  Rather go for someone tried and tested.  Robinson or Holt to steady the ship.

Totally agree with the Stendal comment as a "risk", However has to be either "Robbo" or McCann / Naysmith team for me.

The Old Tolbooth
3 hours ago, pointon said:

Show Stendel what the contract would be if we are playing in the championship next season (most likely scenario) if he does not fancy it say our good byes and get a manager in pronto reqruitment is going to be essential 

This is commons sense to me and it lets us get on with things if he turns us down, I guess it all depends on what offers he has in the background cooking away. 

26 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

This is commons sense to me and it lets us get on with things if he turns us down, I guess it all depends on what offers he has in the background cooking away. 

I get the thinking but it’s still too early.

We don’t even know if there will be a league for us to play in.

ford donald
25 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I also reckon Neil McCann will turn out to be an excellent manager, in time.

I have always felt he will be a good manager,had to much to contend with at Dundee.

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Whatever said:

I get the thinking but it’s still too early.

We don’t even know if there will be a league for us to play in.

Yeah it's a fair point, better sussing out what teams are able to play a full season first, and if there's enough then worry about it from there. 

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

A sensible guy ,and was a great player for hearts ,,, he could  make it......

washniklaw

With the rules changing on entry to the country (14 days isolation) I imagine DS will be arriving very soon if he is going to continue being manager into the new season. 

If he doesn't arrive before next week  I think it will be a big sign that we are going in another direction. I acknowledge that our season is a long way from starting and, at the moment, we are not allowed to train but it feels like another important week ahead. If he is spotted in Edinburgh I think it will confirm we are both committed to each other.

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, washniklaw said:

With the rules changing on entry to the country (14 days isolation) I imagine DS will be arriving very soon if he is going to continue being manager into the new season. 

If he doesn't arrive before next week  I think it will be a big sign that we are going in another direction. I acknowledge that our season is a long way from starting and, at the moment, we are not allowed to train but it feels like another important week ahead. If he is spotted in Edinburgh I think it will confirm we are both committed to each other.

Elite sport is getting exemptions from the 14 day quarantine (provided there is certain measures in place.)

washniklaw
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Elite sport is getting exemptions from the 14 day quarantine (provided there is certain measures in place.)

Good news, allows for more flexibility.

2 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

He’s a wank. Lost the dressing room twice at Dundee. 

SM Sheffield

The Daily Record is talking about Benni McCarthy as a potential manager if Stendel leaves. They’ve written an article this evening. I’m not sure how McCarthy thinks he has any sort of coaching background to warrant a job like Hearts. 

Diadora Van Basten
1 minute ago, SM Sheffield said:

The Daily Record is talking about Benni McCarthy as a potential manager if Stendel leaves. They’ve written an article this evening. I’m not sure how McCarthy thinks he has any sort of coaching background to warrant a job like Hearts. 

Pat Munro’s son in law.

kingantti1874

If it’s not Stendel and I don’t think it will be, then Robinson or Robertson. 

and that completed a full 180 on my view on that.

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If it’s not Stendel and I don’t think it will be, then Robinson or Robertson. 

Still don’t want Robinson.

Horrible ***** of a man.

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

He’s a wank. Lost the dressing room twice at Dundee. 

Wouldn't be hard to lose it up there ,it's a  shithole,    still a young man with a decent football brain   where ever he uses it at .....

Hectormasson
6 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

If it’s not Stendel and I don’t think it will be, then Robinson 

😮  *faints*

😁

Edited by neilnunb