Next manager.

Hans von Luck

Guest ToqueJambo
19 hours ago, Last Laff said:

How many years has John Robertson been managing in the championship and how many times has he had a team promoted?  How on earth is he tailor made?  Tommy Wright is a fantastic point and would be a much better appointment in the short term at least.   Let’s all hope it’s irrelevant and Daniel stays though because he’s the best man for the job and it’s about time we all backed a manager. 

Don't worry about it. I'm not alone in wanting Robbo brought in. If you can't see what he would bring to the job at this time that's your problem. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

Guest ToqueJambo
19 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

It's not nonsense. Tommy Wright is a demonstrably better manager than Robbo but people don't want him, why is that?

To me it's heart ruling head stuff especially when Wright is a free agent. But there ye go.

Should add I want DS to stay, but if he were to go etc

Wright puts out awful to watch teams. Robbo's record compares well at a similar level to Wright at different times in their careers. Robbo knows Hearts and the expectations that go with that. He's also managed Hearts, and did well, which means he's managed at a higher level than Wright.

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Don't worry about it. I'm not alone in wanting Robbo brought in. If you can't see what he would bring to the job at this time that's your problem. 

I would give him the opportunity definitely as he was treated shocking last time around and is a legend in fact theee legend.  Better managers out there though, like Wright and Robinson. 

3 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

Wouldn't be hard to lose it up there ,it's a  shithole,    still a young man with a decent football brain   where ever he uses it at .....

Fair point 😁
Ironically enough he lost it because of his treatment of a good Jambo.  👍

Edited by Last Laff

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Wright puts out awful to watch teams. Robbo's record compares well at a similar level to Wright at different times in their careers. Robbo knows Hearts and the expectations that go with that. He's also managed Hearts, and did well, which means he's managed at a higher level than Wright.

Wright won the cup with St Johnstone on a fraction of budget that we ever give a manager including and doing much better than Levein who also set out teams to play shite.  When’s he ever been given the resources to play otherwise?  He gets a team to play to it’s strengths regardless of weakness, injuries or personnel.  It’s called being a good manager.  Like Robinson at Motherwell, now he has better players that play good football they are the second best footballing side in the country.  Snobbish and ignorant to say Robbo is a better choice than Wright.  I guarantee there’s only hearts fans that would want that out of every other club in football. 

Hectormasson
8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Wright won the cup with St Johnstone on a fraction of budget that we ever give a manager including and doing much better than Levein who also set out teams to play shite.  When’s he ever been given the resources to play otherwise?  He gets a team to play to it’s strengths regardless of weakness, injuries or personnel.  It’s called being a good manager.  Like Robinson at Motherwell, now he has better players that play good football they are the second best footballing side in the country.  Snobbish and ignorant to say Robbo is a better choice than Wright.  I guarantee there’s only hearts fans that would want that out of every other club in football. 

Here here🇶🇦🇶🇦

Arthur Morgan
5 hours ago, Whatever said:

Still don’t want Robinson.

Horrible ***** of a man.

True, but he's a good manager.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

On 02/06/2020 at 22:33, Cruyff said:

They don't deserve that shit. 

If they're really lucky, Stendel as his assistant!

17 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

Personally don't think Stendel is worth taking a further risk with.  Rather go for someone tried and tested.  Robinson or Holt to steady the ship.

I imagine Stendel has ambitions to return to the English game at some point, and struggle to see how managing in the Scottish  Championship helps in this endeavour. He will all but disappear from view down there.

Marty Byrde
14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Your last sentence is drivel and proves my point - heart is ruling the head. The rest a matter of opinion.

They've both clearly managed at the same level. Highest Robbo finished was 5th with us, meanwhile Wright finished 4th three times.

He also won a Scottish Cup with plain old St Johnstone.

11 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Snobbish and ignorant to say Robbo is a better choice than Wright.  I guarantee there’s only hearts fans that would want that out of every other club in football. 

I wonder what ICT fans opinion on that might be? 

Pasquale for King
On 02/06/2020 at 22:05, Boghell51 said:

Andy Walker has written a piece on Sky sports website about reconstruction, at the end he says Robbo will be Hearts new manager for new season 

Not quite.

1098CED9-4EE8-43DF-B595-DF95F56E7193.jpeg

3 hours ago, SUTOL said:

I wonder what ICT fans opinion on that might be? 

It depends how happy they are kicking about mid table of the championship I suppose.  It would be interesting to compare Inverness and St Johnstone’s budget right enough. Ones top six in the Prem one is in the playoff positions in the league below. 

Edited by Last Laff

20 hours ago, SM Sheffield said:

The Daily Record is talking about Benni McCarthy as a potential manager if Stendel leaves. They’ve written an article this evening. I’m not sure how McCarthy thinks he has any sort of coaching background to warrant a job like Hearts. 

Was he not the one who said he was interviewed and made it to the final 2 last time but no one confirmed it from the club. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Good tune. Will be easy enough to get 'I see a - John Robertson winning' in there 😉

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He could'nt resist the wee dig at the end.

Hadn’t noticed that 🙈.

johnthomas
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not quite.

1098CED9-4EE8-43DF-B595-DF95F56E7193.jpeg

JR would be good PR . Hopefully , if picked , a good manager too

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

JR would be good PR . Hopefully , if picked , a good manager too

PR yes, good manager down below perhaps but there’s a reason he’s not had a big job since he left us.

Scottie Wanshot.
On 15/04/2020 at 21:57, Thought Police said:

Robbo or Robinson

has to be Robbo, we should have got him in January, Sten hasn't a clue.

Guest ToqueJambo
6 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

Your last sentence is drivel and proves my point - heart is ruling the head. The rest a matter of opinion.

They've both clearly managed at the same level. Highest Robbo finished was 5th with us, meanwhile Wright finished 4th three times.

He also won a Scottish Cup with plain old St Johnstone.

Wright is unproven at a big club as a coach. Robbo knows the score. That's what makes Robbo a lower risk appointment for the Championship. Although I'd also take him before Wright and Robinson for the Premiership.

It's also telling that, like Robinson, no other club our size has been willing to take a punt on Wright despite a number of managerial changes. I don't want Hearts to be the club that tests whether or not they can make the step up to a club with MUCH higher expectations and a MUCH higher budget. Someone else can have a go first. We've taken too many risks with managerial appointments recently. 

A combination of Gary Locke and John McGlynn got us to within a whisker of our first league cup for 50 years or so. Craig Levein got us to a cup final and semis. Cup runs are not the way to judge managers.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Time to move on from stendel. No matter what league we are in its too much of a risk. Would prefer Robinson if in the top league or robbo in the championship

The Natural Order

What has Robbo actually done in management? Not enough for me. McCann has done even less and Robinson is a total **** of a man. We would be as well getting Billy Brown in if those are the choices. Stendel with a further squad clear out for me.

Leveins Battalion

In our market Stephen Robinson is the stand out,constantly finds players from lower leagues that they have sold on,bleeds youngsters and doesn't take any shit.

He is Taylor made for this gig.

5 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

What has Robbo actually done in management? Not enough for me. McCann has done even less and Robinson is a total **** of a man. We would be as well getting Billy Brown in if those are the choices. Stendel with a further squad clear out for me.

Brought Caley to top flight for first time in their history.first British manager to get British team into europa group stages via proper route(not straight in from champs league exit) to name couple of things

Edited by Hearts007

Guest ToqueJambo
18 minutes ago, The Natural Order said:

What has Stendel done? Robbo's record managing Hearts was considerably better than his so far. What had Neilson done? Or JJ and Doddie when they became our managers? Robbo is the nearest thing we can get to JJ or Doddie for me, which everyone must agree is exactly what we need at this time. That said if Stendel's affordable and willing, let's see what he can do.

Robbo jumped into a tough situation at Hearts mid season with a European campaign under way and all the uncertainty with Romanov starting to parachute random players in from Lithuania. He did very well all things considered and his football was immediately better and more attacking than Levein's. Got us to two semi finals and a respectable 5th finish plus a good showing in Europe.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Shanghai Hearts

Think we need a clean sweep, have not been convinced by DS, granted he has walked into a sh*t show. Anyone, who could not see old poppadom hands was the weakest link in a piss poor Hearts side, really concerns me. 

17 minutes ago, Hearts007 said:

Brought Caley to top flight for first time in their history.first British manager to get British team into europa group stages via proper route(not straight in from champs league exit) to name couple of things

Levein was the manager when we got to the group stages, beating Braga to get there, Levein in fact was still coach for the first group game against Feyernoord, Robbo didn’t take over until the Schalke game.

IMHO, Robbo would probably get us out the championship, but we would be looking for a new coach if we get back to the premiership, I’d hate to see the legend that is Robbo being hounded out the club by a fickle and impatient Hearts support, which will inevitably happen, Stephen Robinson should have got the job 6 months ago and is still the standout candidate 

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Agreed 

lost faith a bit I have to say watching Liam Boyce and Naismith play central mid 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

lost faith a bit I have to say watching Liam Boyce and Naismith play central mid 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ 

I don't think even Levein would have done that. He would have stuck two strikers like that up front, with Washington too. I am still completely unconvinced about Stendel's ability as a manager. We know he wants to play good football but so did Cathro. So do lots of managers. Actually being able to do it consistently and get results is a whole other thing. Aside from getting more of a tune out of Moore and Clare, and for one or two games Damour, he really didn't improve us significantly. Halkett is one player who declined under him. Persisting with old floppy hands was a critical error. Even Levein didn't stick with Doyle or Zlamal after their mistakes that long.

He seems like a great personality, which is the only thing making me willing to stick with him for now along with a hope he can get us playing great stuff while also winning. But that's still more of a hope.

Edited by ToqueJambo

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I don't think even Levein would have done that. He would have stuck two strikers like that up front, with Washington too. I am still completely unconvinced about Stendel's ability as a manager. We know he wants to play good football but so did Cathro. So do lots of managers. Actually being able to do it consistently and get results is a whole other thing. Aside from getting more of a tune out of Moore and Clare, and for one or two games Damour, he really didn't improve us significantly. Halkett is one player who declined under him. Persisting with old floppy hands was a critical error. Even Levein didn't stick with Doyle or Zlamal after their mistakes that long.

He seems like a great personality, which is the only thing making me willing to stick with him for now along with a hope he can get us playing great stuff while also winning. But that's still more of a hope.

I share the same concerns, I saw some things which frankly made no sense.. and that last game against stmirren was cathro esque. Players looked to Have given up trying Playing his style..

I really like him, desperate for it to work.. not convinced tho.

Walter Bishop

I got told today, by an Aberdeen fan,  Ann is very keen on Derek McInnes and apparently met with him in December before Stendel was appointed. Anyone hear similar?

Vlad Magic
3 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

I got told today, by an Aberdeen fan,  Ann is very keen on Derek McInnes and apparently met with him in December before Stendel was appointed. Anyone hear similar?

If you change “is” to “was” it could be believable.

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

It annoyed me as well. Looked a great partnership up front and then Washington was accommodated up top. Our lack of any decent midfielders was clearly the reasoning but even considering that it was poor from Stendel. 

Howdy Doody Jambo
30 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Larry Lamb by any chance 

34 minutes ago, Walter Bishop said:

Yes, have already mentioned it a few times on here. If we are in top league it could well happen this summer. Aberdeen won’t be difficult to deal with. 

Edited by soonbe110

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

It annoyed me as well. Looked a great partnership up front and then Washington was accommodated up top. Our lack of any decent midfielders was clearly the reasoning but even considering that it was poor from Stendel. 

Washington/Walker, Naismith and Boyce is an excellent front 3. Full of energy, goals and nous. Stendel had them all fit and I could be wrong but I don't think he used that once. I have no doubts Levein would have played a 4-3-3 to try to get us out of trouble. We had the personnel by then - Hickey, Clare, Berra/Dikamona, Halkett/Souttar; Moore, Smith, Irving; Walker/Washington, Naismith, Boyce. Wasted opportunity and a big question mark against Stendel. Robbo's being discussed on here and he would have no qualms playing an attacking line-up with those guys available.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Washington/Walker, Naismith and Boyce is an excellent front 3. Full of energy, goals and nous. Stendel had them all fit and I could be wrong but I don't think he used that once. I have no doubts Levein would have played a 4-3-3 to try to get us out of trouble. We had the personnel by then - Hickey, Clare, Berra/Dikamona, Halkett/Souttar; Moore, Smith, Irving; Walker/Washington, Naismith, Boyce. Wasted opportunity and a big question mark against Stendel. Robbo's being discussed on here and he would have no qualms playing an attacking line-up with those guys available.

I think DS made mistakes but I just about want him to get a pre-season and a couple of players in to show us what he can really do. The more time goes on the more pie in the sky a proper pre-season and a few signings looks. Not against Robbo. 

If it’s not Stendel, and I don’t think it will be, then there are a few ahead of Robbo based on previous experience and success. McInnes, Robinson and Wright all have better cv’s than Robbo imo. Not sure I’m keen on all of them but their records are better than Robbo’s. Add Nielson to the pack and there’s four who are well ahead of Robbo based on management career success to date. Not sure why we always get stuck with these discussions re ex-Hearts players. Presley, Hartley, McCann, Robbo always get a mention but none have really succeeded at any great level as a manager. If ex-Hearts is a requisite for the job then Nielson is the only one that comes close to fitting the bill. I think McInnes is head and shoulders ahead of them all. 

Guest ToqueJambo
31 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If it’s not Stendel, and I don’t think it will be, then there are a few ahead of Robbo based on previous experience and success. McInnes, Robinson and Wright all have better cv’s than Robbo imo. Not sure I’m keen on all of them but their records are better than Robbo’s. Add Nielson to the pack and there’s four who are well ahead of Robbo based on management career success to date. Not sure why we always get stuck with these discussions re ex-Hearts players. Presley, Hartley, McCann, Robbo always get a mention but none have really succeeded at any great level as a manager. If ex-Hearts is a requisite for the job then Nielson is the only one that comes close to fitting the bill. I think McInnes is head and shoulders ahead of them all. 

I can't see is persuading McInnes or Robinson (or Wright) to drop down a division and to be honest can't stand any of them. None has a reputation for great football and they all come across badly in the media for me. I'd take Neilson back in a shot but again would he drop down a division?

If we stay in the premiership all bets are off as we'd have a bigger pool to choose from but I'd still like Stendel or Robbo. Robbo is a realistic (ie affordable and likely to want to come) option for the Champ though unlike pretty much all those names, possibly including Stendel.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Yes, have already mentioned it a few times on here. If we are in top league it could well happen this summer. Aberdeen won’t be difficult to deal with. 

But would Derek move to championship if that happens...