Next manager.

Hans von Luck

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, hueyview said:

But would Derek move to championship if that happens...

And take a pay cut from over £700k a year? Plus compensation? Doubtful in the extreme.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, pointon said:

Auf weiedersen Daniel 

thanks for the effort but not nearly good enough 

Who’s your choice then?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Steve Robinson was an obvious choice last autumn. 

Some complaints about his style,  but I thought Motherwell had a good mix about them whenever I saw them 

Paul Hartley has got evervy team he has managed promoted bar Falkirk we all have a blemish on are score card

kingantti1874
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It annoyed me as well. Looked a great partnership up front and then Washington was accommodated up top. Our lack of any decent midfielders was clearly the reasoning but even considering that it was poor from Stendel. 

I like the guy, but that was bad management at every level.  Stephen Naismith and Boyce should be in an around the box.. and no where else

59 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

And take a pay cut from over £700k a year? Plus compensation? Doubtful in the extreme.

Think reality is he isn’t earning that amount, he has outlived his shelf-life at Aberdeen, looking for next move, Aberdeen won’t want much in way of compensation.  He is done at Aberdeen. He wants a change. Aberdeen want a change. We need an experienced manager. Money isn’t a huge issue.  He has made his fortune, otherwise he would have been at Ibrox a few years ago. 

kingantti1874

I’d take DM, we desperately need some stability and something about his demeanour tells me he’d take the gig

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think reality is he isn’t earning that amount, he has outlived his shelf-life at Aberdeen, looking for next move, Aberdeen won’t want much in way of compensation.  He is done at Aberdeen. He wants a change. Aberdeen want a change. We need an experienced manager. Money isn’t a huge issue.  He has made his fortune, otherwise he would have been at Ibrox a few years ago. 

And that change is managing Hearts in the Championship on about half his current salary while watching someone else step into the Aberdeen job and get the 3rd biggest manager salary and 3rd biggest budget and play in Europe next year. Does not compute. You'd have to question his sanity. Of course Hearts is a step up for Aberdeen but not right now.

In all seriousness, McInness is kind of the Scot Brown of Scottish managers. He's had plenty of chances to push on from Aberdeen and hasn't taken them. Doesn't believe in his own ability maybe? Or he just likes being well paid and comfy and Hearts will definitely not be a well paid, comfy job any time soon. Either way, I hope we steer clear.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You really need to look it up, he is earning that much and the reason he didn’t go to Ibrox is they wanted him to take a pay cut and he refused. He was given a pay hike from £300k when he turned down Sunderland and again after refusing to go to Rangers. I also asked what a Dons fan and he confirmed it was over £700k. It’s a a big wage cut no matter what. He’s Levein 2001-4 and the Hearts fans already despise the little perma tanned hun *****.

35E7E9EF-E007-42FD-8CB7-D67F9AF5CFA2.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

indianajones
4 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

I got told today, by an Aberdeen fan,  Ann is very keen on Derek McInnes and apparently met with him in December before Stendel was appointed. Anyone hear similar?

Wont be true and i really really hope it isnt.

5 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

Brought Caley to top flight for first time in their history.first British manager to get British team into europa group stages via proper route(not straight in from champs league exit) to name couple of things

Levein got us into the group stages.  Inverness where funded massively when he took them up too.  Robbo in all honesty is at his level. 

4 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

I got told today, by an Aberdeen fan,  Ann is very keen on Derek McInnes and apparently met with him in December before Stendel was appointed. Anyone hear similar?

Ludicrous. We couldn’t afford his wages unless we do a Liam Boyce.  He would be an amazing appointment mind you. 

Guest ToqueJambo
13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Levein got us into the group stages.  Inverness where funded massively when he took them up too.  Robbo in all honesty is at his level. 

Give it a rest Levein fanboy. Worst manager in our lifetime. Speccy potter has destroyed the club from top to bottom. Utter wage thief and should never be allowed near Tynecastle again. Am I doing this right?

Robbo did well and I've no idea why any Hearts fan would try to diminish what someone like him did while at Hearts, whether as manager or player. Shan behaviour. As for your Caley comment. Being able to work with a good budget is a plus not a minus as Hearts managers get good budgets.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Caley Squidster
12 hours ago, SUTOL said:

I wonder what ICT fans opinion on that might be? 

I reckon this is my cue to reply :L.

I'm slightly torn on this because, on one hand, I do want Robbo to be giving the chance to move to a "bigger club" and be successful, plus the compensation would be handy for balancing the books and getting a competent replacement. But on the other hand, I don't want him going to a rival club and then poaching all our best players, which basically leaves us in the shit. 

On our forum (where there are some twats lol), the over riding feeling is that he should not go, mainly because of the fact he's not been as successful elsewhere and due to what happened last time, but what they forget is, Romanov was basically picking the team etc, which would not be the case this time. 

I've said this on here before but want to repeat it lol: If JR was to leave for the two teams linked with him now, I'd rather it be to Hearts than St Johnstone scum.

Hopefully that helps :P. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Caley Squidster said:

I'm slightly torn on this because, on one hand, I do want Robbo to be giving the chance to move to a "bigger club" and be successful, plus the compensation would be handy for balancing the books and getting a competent replacement. But on the other hand, I don't want him going to a rival club and then poaching all our best players, which basically leaves us in the shit. 

On our forum (where there are some twats lol), the over riding feeling is that he should not go, mainly because of the fact he's not been as successful elsewhere and due to what happened last time, but what they forget is, Romanov was basically picking the team etc, which would not be the case this time. 

I've said this on here before but want to repeat it lol: If JR was to leave for the two teams linked with him now, I'd rather it be to Hearts than St Johnstone scum.

Hopefully that helps :P. 

What’s your fans saying about reconstruction? I feel we mugged you by getting £200k for  that donkey Mulraney but you got something for him I think?

Caley Squidster

First things first, I'd be happy to have him back :P.

Well, our fans would welcome it but think Hearts and Ann Budge needs to give up because, they reckon its inevitable it'll be rejected. 

Feel free to have a look on our forum :). 

pettigrewsstylist
14 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Yes please. Doubt we have the cash.

pettigrewsstylist
12 hours ago, pointon said:

Auf weiedersen Daniel 

thanks for the effort but not nearly good enough 

Unfortunatley spot on. Had such high hopes aswell. We dont have the luxury of another 6 mths of messing around with projects.

pettigrewsstylist
13 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I think DS made mistakes but I just about want him to get a pre-season and a couple of players in to show us what he can really do. The more time goes on the more pie in the sky a proper pre-season and a few signings looks. Not against Robbo. 

He got a couple of "players" in in Jan. 

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

He got a couple of "players" in in Jan. 

I said he made mistakes 😐. His January signings were poor but I think it’s a hit and miss window. Sibbick could’ve done well and as I’ve already said, playing Boyce out of position was terrible. The other signings were gash. 

pettigrewsstylist
10 hours ago, pointon said:

Paul Hartley has got evervy team he has managed promoted bar Falkirk we all have a blemish on are score card

Not convinced but his stats as good as most. Would prefer to aim higher but if appointed would realise where & what he is coming to.

pettigrewsstylist
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I said he made mistakes 😐. His January signings were poor but I think it’s a hit and miss window. Sibbick could’ve done well and as I’ve already said, playing Boyce out of position was terrible. The other signings were gash. 

You can only judge a guy on  what he has done. 

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

You can only judge a guy on  what he has done. 

Absolutely but the more time he has the more you can judge him fairly. I get the argument that we don’t have time though. 

9 hours ago, Caley Squidster said:

🙂

Appreciate the reply, but the question was who would you prefer, Robbo Or Tommy Wright    

eyesandears

I think Tommy Wright is the guy. Don't like his personality much but it's not a reality TV show - well it won't be well once the f-ing BBC leave the building anyway. We need a double hard barsteward who can get the best out of every player and doesn't allow players to hide or slack. Managed a light weight team in the Prem and arguably over achieved in every season with top 6 prem finishes a Scottish Cup win and European football. And with a very tight budget. No compensation required. He doesn't even need to move house. Get him in now and get us ready for a title run in the Championship. But do it now we can't have Ann dithering again which has proved fatal for us.

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

🙂

Appreciate the reply, but the question was who would you prefer, Robbo Or Tommy Wright    

Tommy Wright is by far the better Manager.

It dependents what we want?

The Championship is effectively a benefit year, which guarantees whoever our Manager is a trophy.  Obviously it would be lovely to see John Robertson lifting silverware, but is he the right man longer term?

Tommy Wright may not be particularly likeable from an outside perspective, but he has repeatedly worked wonders at St Johnstone and seems to be incredibly popular amongst players, staff and supporters.  Maybe we would love him once he was at Tynecastle and for once it might be the case of the Wright Manager at the Wright time 😎

Tommy Wright. John Robertson. Paul Hartley. Jim Duffy. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

”we need someone who takes no crap, old school”. If I was petty I’d go through all the old Levein threads and quote everyone who said that’s what we’d get with Levein and look where that’s taken us.

What we need is someone with a totally new vision and idea of how football is to be played that will excite the fans and get a buzz around the place. Stendel was handed Leveins cock (the useless squad he’d assembled) and asked to get a tune out it. Not only was he handed Leveins cock he was left with his useless bollocks (Daly, Fox). He faced a player revolt because he expected them to train hard and show up for training, even if they where injured. He then faced a revolt because he told the injured players they had to report to the club on match days and watch their team mates. After that he was told he couldn’t bring anyone in until he shifted and moved on the crap Levein had assembled, something we’ve seen with the player wage cuts is those players seem to have a very high opinion of themselves and loads didn’t want to leave. Throughout all this, Stendel has to play a keeper, poppadom hands, due to us having to pay United for his services (a payment they have now waived). The players he was left with where so out of shape and lacked the basics so much that he had to tie rope around them just to teach professional footballers how to stay in line with each other. The place he walked into was a total and utter shambles, it probably still is due to not being able to be in there trying to sort things during all this. I’ve seen more than enough in glimpses to say he deserves the gig. I’d go as far as saying he is the exact type of manager we need. He’s passionate, has a vision and if he gets the players he needs, we could be very, very good. 

2 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

”we need someone who takes no crap, old school”. If I was petty I’d go through all the old Levein threads and quote everyone who said that’s what we’d get with Levein and look where that’s taken us.

What we need is someone with a totally new vision and idea of how football is to be played that will excite the fans and get a buzz around the place. Stendel was handed Leveins cock (the useless squad he’d assembled) and asked to get a tune out it. Not only was he handed Leveins cock he was left with his useless bollocks (Daly, Fox). He faced a player revolt because he expected them to train hard and show up for training, even if they where injured. He then faced a revolt because he told the injured players they had to report to the club on match days and watch their team mates. After that he was told he couldn’t bring anyone in until he shifted and moved on the crap Levein had assembled, something we’ve seen with the player wage cuts is those players seem to have a very high opinion of themselves and loads didn’t want to leave. Throughout all this, Stendel has to play a keeper, poppadom hands, due to us having to pay United for his services (a payment they have now waived). The players he was left with where so out of shape and lacked the basics so much that he had to tie rope around them just to teach professional footballers how to stay in line with each other. The place he walked into was a total and utter shambles, it probably still is due to not being able to be in there trying to sort things during all this. I’ve seen more than enough in glimpses to say he deserves the gig. I’d go as far as saying he is the exact type of manager we need. He’s passionate, has a vision and if he gets the players he needs, we could be very, very good. 

Stendel 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

no better than who you have mentioned apart from Jim Duffy

Just now, pointon said:

Stendel 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

no better than who you have mentioned apart from Jim Duffy

😂😂😂😂😂 of course he’s not. 

David McCaig
3 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

How on earth is Tommy Wright in the same pot as John Robertson, Paul Hartley and Jim Duffy?

Hearts under Stendel looked perfectly competent playing a solid 442, it was when we followed the Stendel blueprint that we looked totally and utterly clueless.

And Stendel CHOSE to stick with Pereira.  Zlamal was fit and available throughout, alternatively Stendel could have used his contacts and brought someone else in.

Tommy Wright meanwhile overcame a horrendous start to the season to once again take St Johnstone into the SPL Top 6 whilst taking 7 points from 9 v Hearts.

ford donald
26 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

I think Tommy Wright is the guy. Don't like his personality much but it's not a reality TV show - well it won't be well once the f-ing BBC leave the building anyway. We need a double hard barsteward who can get the best out of every player and doesn't allow players to hide or slack. Managed a light weight team in the Prem and arguably over achieved in every season with top 6 prem finishes a Scottish Cup win and European football. And with a very tight budget. No compensation required. He doesn't even need to move house. Get him in now and get us ready for a title run in the Championship. But do it now we can't have Ann dithering again which has proved fatal for us.

His record at SJ is superb,he is a no nonsense manager,results speak for themselves.

Just now, David McCaig said:

How on earth is Tommy Wright in the same pot as John Robertson, Paul Hartley and Jim Duffy?

Hearts under Stendel looked perfectly competent playing a solid 442, it was when we followed the Stendel blueprint that we looked totally and utterly clueless.

And Stendel CHOSE to stick with Pereira.  Zlamal was fit and available throughout, alternatively Stendel could have used his contacts and brought someone else in.

Tommy Wright meanwhile overcame a horrendous start to the season to once again take St Johnstone into the SPL Top 6 whilst taking 7 points from 9 v Hearts.

Hearts had to pay man United if Joel never played, hence the reason why he stuck with him and hence the reason why united have now decided not to take the payment. Widely publicised around here that this was the case. 

Not Stendels fault the players lack all the basics needed to be professional footballers, many at the club even tho we could all see they where miles below the standard required at Hearts. Mulraney wearing air pods out to warm up etc. Stendel was left a scabby cock as I’ve said. 

Tommy Wright has worked wonders for St Johnston and you are right, he shouldn’t be in that list I mentioned. He also shouldn’t be the Hearts manager, IMO. His style of football is awful to watch and would be the same as Leveins outlook. Am sick of watching Hearts suck the life out games with out balls and cloggers in midfield. He done a fantastic job at St Johnston but it’s a no thanks for me. 

10 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

😂😂😂😂😂 of course he’s not. 

Stendel could not buy a win against bottom six clubs how do you think he would fair against championship clubs with largely the same squad ?

4 minutes ago, pointon said:

Stendel could not buy a win against bottom six clubs how do you think he would fair against championship clubs with largely the same squad ?

He’ll walk the championship, something Hartley and Robbo haven’t and couldn’t do. If Robbo or Hartley or McCann has no Hearts connections, suggesting them would see you laughed off the board. Hearts legends and men I’ll forever love but I don’t want either near Hearts. Stendel walked into a shambles. In glimpses, after breaks when he’s had a proper chance to work with the players for a length of time, we’ve seen how well we can play. Has he made mistakes, 100% he has, as any new manager would. Beat Rangers twice, scored 3 at Easter road and got us to Hampden. The things he’s had to deal with since coming in have been a joke, am willing to give him a shot. 

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

He’ll walk the championship, something Hartley and Robbo haven’t and couldn’t do. If Robbo or Hartley or McCann has no Hearts connections, suggesting them would see you laughed off the board. Hearts legends and men I’ll forever love but I don’t want either near Hearts. Stendel walked into a shambles. In glimpses, after breaks when he’s had a proper chance to work with the players for a length of time, we’ve seen how well we can play. Has he made mistakes, 100% he has, as any new manager would. Beat Rangers twice, scored 3 at Easter road and got us to Hampden. The things he’s had to deal with since coming in have been a joke, am willing to give him a shot. 

If he stays he will get my full backing I am just not convinced the results against Rangers and hibs were fantastic but seems are players only turn it on when the cameras are rolling it’s the matches in between that need addressed 

11 minutes ago, pointon said:

If he stays he will get my full backing I am just not convinced the results against Rangers and hibs were fantastic but seems are players only turn it on when the cameras are rolling it’s the matches in between that need addressed 

Yeah 100%. I am hoping that’s more to do with the players than Stendel, if you know what I mean. Those players fought the club every step

of the way about pay cuts even tho they knew it would help the club massively. The attitude of the players has been nothing short of a disgrace for many of them and I hope Stendel can move the trouble makers on. 

Berra than you

Given the reports that we are ready to start training next week, but would like clarity on division before that, I assume we will know fairly soon who should be taking our training sessions 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, eyesandears said:

Hibs thought all that about Terry Butcher.

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Given the reports that we are ready to start training next week, but would like clarity on division before that, I assume we will know fairly soon who should be taking our training sessions 

We may well be ready but unless we are in the top league our competition is not allowed to start training next week.

Howdy Doody Jambo
37 minutes ago, Berra than you said:

Andy Kirk I would imagine until a manager is re/appointed 

A_A wehatethehibs

The first thought on Hearts fans minds -> "in what way is this guy shite, what negative things can I say about him?" 

Try thinking -> "in what way might this guy be a good option? what positives does he bring?"

For me, it's Hartley or Robbo. I think we need someone in to help lead us back that positive Hearts spirit which they both embodied as players. Take the fans back to a better place, happier memories of what our club was once all about. For some reason, that now gets disregarded in favour of stats but I think sometimes it's an important thing in a manager, there's certain times when a legend is the right call. Look at Liverpool when they brought Kenny Dalglish in a couple of years back, won the first trophy in what 10 years he got their players buzzing to be Liverpool players. 

Hartley and Robbo have both experienced success and failure as managers. It's about how prepared they are as characters for the monumental challenge that the Hearts job is. And what spirit they will bring back to the club. It's about the right man at the right time. Cometh the hour, cometh the man.

Besides those 2 legends, Tommy Wright is the obvious candidate. No compensation, no sky-high wages (rules out Robinson and McInnes). A seasoned, experienced, proven organizer and deliverer of results who knows how to get the best out of limited players. Ok not guardiola but we need someone in the building who has the broad shoulders for the job and competitive attitude, who will send out a team that is well prepared, ready to compete at the required intensity. Personally I want someone who makes me feel good about life though so that makes it difficult to get behind Wright, he would have to do some job to win over the Hearts fans. 

eyesandears
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Hibs thought all that about Terry Butcher.

Terry Butcher was a hopeless manager. Tommy Wright is not. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, eyesandears said:

Terry Butcher was a hopeless manager. Tommy Wright is not. 

He had a great record at Motherwell and ICT, everyone thought Hibs had recruited a great manager 😃😂. Tommy Wright is a dinosaur who has no interest in youth players, and has just left a job because he overspent his budget on poor players. Been there done that.

eyesandears
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He had a great record at Motherwell and ICT, everyone thought Hibs had recruited a great manager 😃😂. Tommy Wright is a dinosaur who has no interest in youth players, and has just left a job because he overspent his budget on poor players. Been there done that.

His overspend is of course pennies compared to ours. And yet again he got them in to the top 6 while we sit bottom. I'd take that dinosaur right now.

If Stendel was staying surely it would be a case of if we are not demoted your contract carries on if we are this is what we can pay you so no need to hum and haw 

17 minutes ago, pointon said:

If Stendel was staying surely it would be a case of if we are not demoted your contract carries on if we are this is what we can pay you so no need to hum and haw 

I’d imagine that’s right. He’s under contract so if hearts wanted to part company they’d have to buy him out. That’s assuming he doesn’t leave through mutual consent. 

14 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

And that change is managing Hearts in the Championship on about half his current salary while watching someone else step into the Aberdeen job and get the 3rd biggest manager salary and 3rd biggest budget and play in Europe next year. Does not compute. You'd have to question his sanity. Of course Hearts is a step up for Aberdeen but not right now.

In all seriousness, McInness is kind of the Scot Brown of Scottish managers. He's had plenty of chances to push on from Aberdeen and hasn't taken them. Doesn't believe in his own ability maybe? Or he just likes being well paid and comfy and Hearts will definitely not be a well paid, comfy job any time soon. Either way, I hope we steer clear.

Check my recent post I said he wouldn’t come to us in championship. Stendel contract was was more than 50% McInnes for sure. Like I said, he wants a change and he isn’t short of a bob or two.  

Marty Byrde
6 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Well said, agree with all of that.

Never underestimate the shambles he walked into, all while the previous clown lingered in the background. But I digress...