• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, pointon said:

Coming around to the idea of Tommy Wright unlike Daniel Stendel could be right place right time 

Tommy Wright could be shrewd ye 

Just now, rudi must stay said:

Him always being at our matches since the rumours is interesting

FWIW I think he’d be ok

11 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I thought we should have gone for him before Stendel to be honest and i got dogs abuse as you can imagine lol. 

I didn't take into account the whole fellow countryman thing, It's possible i suppose, most managers want an assistant they know and trust though. 

Maybe we should have. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. He certainly turned St Johnstone around. 

Whoever the next manager is I think it's safe to say, we won't be paying compo for him and they should be experienced. 

Hectormasson
26 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

He wouldn't be the popular choice, certainly wouldn't be my choice even until recently but our position has changed and he's now a realistic option. 

Maybe, but he might want to keep Kirky on as he's a fellow countryman. I don't know. Wasn't Callum Davidson his previous assistant and is he now Saints manager? 

Been a good club man , has Andy kirk "

5 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

What has McCann done as a manager?

I think he has a bit about him, I like his views when I listen to him and he’s not going to take anyone’s pish. My one concern is that he’s a wee bit too fiery. 

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I think he has a bit about him, I like his views when I listen to him and he’s not going to take anyone’s pish. My one concern is that he’s a wee bit too fiery. 

Not that he was absolutely humpty at Dundee?

Tommy Wright got the better of him while saints were in free fall. 

Edited by Space Pirate

Rick Sanchez

I would take McCann as an assistant and only an assistant for now. 

It's been said from quite a lot of people that Tommy Wright has long been due a step up. He might just have to take a step back before taking 5 steps forward.

He'd get us promoted nae bother and probably do a better job than everyone who had a helping hand this season. Scottish Cup winner...Worth a shot.

HillmanHearts

The Tommy Wright idea is growing on me.

Wouldn't be adverse to Gary Locke gettng a coaching role either. 

3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Not that he was absolutely humpty at Dundee?

Tommy Wright got the better of him while saints were in free fall. 

That was a tough first gig for mccann

I wouldn’t thank you for Tommy Wright. Think his fitbaw is chronic. 

blood doesn’t show
15 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Whoever is guaranteed to get us out of that tinpot league

Neil Warnock - only 27 game season and a cup semi with a chance of winning the cup. Might tempt him.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I would take McCann as an assistant and only an assistant for now. 

It's been said from quite a lot of people that Tommy Wright has long been due a step up. He might just have to take a step back before taking 5 steps forward.

He'd get us promoted nae bother and probably do a better job than everyone who had a helping hand this season. Scottish Cup winner...Worth a shot.

Fits right in with us taking 1 step forward and 5 steps back. Match made in heaven. 

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

That was a tough first gig for mccann

I wouldn’t thank you for Tommy Wright. Think his fitbaw is chronic. 

Horses for courses. His football is better than Craig Levein's. 

Rick Sanchez
5 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Fits right in with us taking 1 step forward and 5 steps back. Match made in heaven. 

😆 Ain't that the truth.

I don't think we'll walk the championship as easy as last time but we'll win it. We need to be thinking long term.

A five year plan, you might say...

Greedy Jambo
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

😆 Ain't that the truth.

I don't think we'll walk the championship as easy as last time but we'll win it. We need to be thinking long term.

A five year plan, you might say...

I'll have to disagree with you on that one, we should purely be thinking of winning the the championship and nothing more. We don't want to end up like Hibs and Dundee Utd, spending more time down there than we have to. 

Obviously it's all up in the air just now with the court case etc but i would be planning ahead for the championship. I rekon we'll get compensation and nothing more. 

Edited by Space Pirate

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, ford donald said:

He would be my choice at this present time,no passengers with him,loads of experience in Scotland.

No passengers? He signed the wee roly poly Swanson three times 😃. On club is not loads of experience.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I'll have to disagree with you on that one, we should purely be thinking of winning the the championship and nothing more. We don't want to end up like Hibs and Dundee Utd, spending more time down there than we should be. 

I just want to appoint someone solid who can get us up and progress to Europe or top six mimumum.

Kirk or McCann would be a risk going back upto the prem.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, Rick Sanchez said:

I just want to appoint someone solid who can get us up and progress to Europe or top six mimumum.

Kirk or McCann would be a risk going back upto the prem.

For sure, Kirk and McCann don't belong in the same sentence as Europe lol.

Tommy Wright would be a safe pair of hands and definitely get more out the type of players we have . 

We can't afford anymore gambles and I still feel Daniel is exactly that . 

Whatever happens with the court case I hope Stendel is our manager for this season.

There was a real sense of excitement when he came in based on what he had done at Barnsley and I think he deserves time to get his ideas across and build his own team. 

In some ways being in the Championship might be the ideal situation for him to implement his ideas rather than in the Premiership where he will come under pressure if we aren't immediately top 6. Assuming a really successful season, we would come back up full of confidence.

But if we are in the Premiership we may be able to sign some better players (Sibbick hopefully) and hold on to others that might be tempted to leave. So no reason why he couldn't succeed if we are in the top league.

Bizarrely our terrible form even under Stendel means his stock is not particularly high so there is no guarantee he will get offered other jobs with an equivalent salary, which is good for us.

My guess is that he will have been hugely impressed by Ann Budge and the FoH (if not the SPFL) and will want to stay if at all possible. He has experienced Tynecastle rocking when we beat Rangers - who wouldn't want that again?

On 15/06/2020 at 17:51, ToqueJambo said:

Interested in why you think he'd leave Motherwell in Europe for Hearts in the Championship

Because we are still by far a bigger side.  

55 minutes ago, blood doesn’t show said:

Neil Warnock - only 27 game season and a cup semi with a chance of winning the cup. Might tempt him.

He does have a knack of getting teams promoted. 

He also won’t take any shit from players, opposition, officials, or the authorities. 

25 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Because we are still by far a bigger side.  

I don't think we'll be paying hundreds of thousands for managers tbh. It will be someone who is free. It'll probably be Derek Adams or someone as equally underwhelming. 

Malinga the Swinga

Would rather hold a raffle every week and let winner pick the team than have the abomination that is Tommy Wright anywhere near the Tynecastle hot seat.

Tommy Wright?

Are folk on here all in a drunken state?

I expect my club to aim higher than TW IF we need another manager!

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Would rather hold a raffle every week and let winner pick the team than have the abomination that is Tommy Wright anywhere near the Tynecastle hot seat.

This.

The odious prick has never shown us an ounce of respect.

Rick Sanchez

I'm not saying Tommy Wright is an amazing manager but there's not a chance we'll better him in the championship.

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

No passengers? He signed the wee roly poly Swanson three times 😃. On club is not loads of experience.

Let’s not forget Tony Watt. 

Heartsmad1874

I’d love us to get Stephen Robinson from Motherwell if finances allowed, before NI take him.

For those not wishing to click on the sun.

TIME'S UP 

Hearts boss Daniel Stendel’s Tynecastle exit to be confirmed in next 48 hours

DANIEL STENDEL’S Hearts exit will be confirmed over the next 48 hours as the Jambos prepare for life in the Championship.

The German is out of contract at Tynecastle following Monday’s decision by SPFL clubs not to change the league set-up next season.

Hearts boss Daniel Stendel

Talks are expected to take place between his representatives and owner Ann Budge with regard to ending his seven-month spell as boss.

Stendel, who replaced Craig Levein in December, had a relegation clause inserted in the two-and-half year deal he signed with Hearts.

That kicked in when the Jambos were initially relegated in May, only for the club’s push for reconstruction subsequently to complicate matters.

Stendel, for his part, expressed a desire to return next season, should Budge succeed in her bid to change the league set-up, keeping the club in the Premiership.

But that door was closed on Monday when the push for change did not receive enough support, condemning Hearts to the Championship.

The Tynecastle owner has already admitted costs will need to be cut ahead of a shortened 27-game season which is due to start in October.

While both Hearts and Partick Thistle will press on with legal action against the SPFL decision, the Jambos are now expected to cut ties with Stendel as they start planning for the future.

It’s likely Stendel’s backroom staff will all follow him out the door.

Guest ToqueJambo

With Robbo off the market you'd assume it'll be someone with a strong Hearts connection and who is available - Kirk, Naismith, Pressley, McCann, Naysmith. Could be any of them, with Kirk assisting if he doesn't get the main job. Maybe even JJ in our hour of need.

Edited by ToqueJambo

If and it’s still an if DS leaves I’ll be disappointed. Seemed to like it here and have a feeling he “got” us.

Personally wouldn’t thank you for Tommy Wright or Robinson (Who’d be mad to leave Motherwell anyway)

I want something different. I want someone with no fear of the OF. Who won’t accept the status quo

4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

With Robbo off the market you'd assume it'll be someone with a strong Hearts connection and who is available - Kirk, Naismith, Pressley, McCann, Naysmith. Could be any of them, with Kirk assisting if he doesn't get the main job. Maybe even JJ in our hour of need.

Deary me. It’s hard to get excited by that list innit? 
Again I’d swerve ex players. Get someone in who has a proven record with young players and can attract players from elsewhere. We seem to be obsessed with ex players returning either as players or as manager.

We need someone who can come in and keep the fans United. I honestly hope we don’t go for Elvis as that will split the fans.

The thought of ANOTHER new manager thread along with a transfer thread will at least provide some light relief.

Mad suggestions, waffle, bullshit, itkers, anti itkers. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

If and it’s still an if DS leaves I’ll be disappointed. Seemed to like it here and have a feeling he “got” us.

Personally wouldn’t thank you for Tommy Wright or Robinson (Who’d be mad to leave Motherwell anyway)

I want something different. I want someone with no fear of the OF. Who won’t accept the status quo

He wouldn't be mad to leave well for us, he'd at least double his money and get to build a Hearts team from the bottom. 

We'll still have the 4th or 5th biggest playing budget in the country. 

Motherwell are only going to go one way from 3rd.

I agree with your last statement. 

Bunny Munro

The problem with Wright is he's not exciting. At all.

Maybe finishing 4-5th each year and getting to a cup semi every couple of seasons is passable. At least with Stendel you thought anything could happen.

Fluorescent Adolescent
Just now, David McCaig said:

Tommy Wright is the strongest available candidate by a country mile.

He’s also a complete c*n*.

I’d rather have Levein back.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Deary me. It’s hard to get excited by that list innit? 
Again I’d swerve ex players. Get someone in who has a proven record with young players and can attract players from elsewhere. We seem to be obsessed with ex players returning either as players or as manager.

Like other clubs, we've had very good results with that model, especially when we've been in a bad place, when often you need someone who knows and loves the club to dig you out of it.

Anyhow, that list is perfectly fine. All good ages, loads of very good playing experience at a high level, all very good Hearts players, won't be difficult to deal with financially, will all be motivated and will realise what an opportunity it is, and most have the kind of management experience that is well suited for the Championship if that's where were are. If we're in the Premiership, that's a different story. We'd have a wider pool to choose from and in fact Stendel would probably still be our manager.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Tommy Wright is the strongest available candidate by a country mile.

There's a good Hearts man who's managed in Scotland, England and been Scotland boss available.... 😎

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

He wouldn't be mad to leave well for us, he'd at least double his money and get to build a Hearts team from the bottom. 

We'll still have the 4th or 5th biggest playing budget in the country. 

Motherwell are only going to go one way from 3rd.

I agree with your last statement. 

He’s a whiney wee ***** though. I dunno if it’s something in the water in NI but their managers are alway miserable whiney *****! 
I genuinely don’t get the love in for him. I know he signed better players than Levein but who didn’t? 😀

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There's a good Hearts man who's managed in Scotland, England and been Scotland boss available.... 😎

The one who hasn't worked for 8 years?