• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• Cruyff

• Greedy Jambo

colinmaroon
1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Hope everyone gets behind him, but understand why people are hesitant here. Still think he’ll skoosh the championship, only way is up. Mon the hertz.

What Championship?

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Stendell simply did not do enough.

Likley expensive as well and no doubt he had personal concerns with the covid fallout. 

Shame tho, his philosophy was a good one. 

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

Accept all that, an announcement yesterday or whenever that we were parting ways with Stendel would not have went amiss !!

But he isn't under contract or employment with us? 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

There is one dof, knows the league, gets the club, international experience and has worked with Robbie as a coach and a player before...... 

Houston?

coatbridgejambo

Disappointed about not seeing what DS could gave done.

Happy to see RN back though. 

Goodluck Robbie.

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Speaking to someone who coaches at hearts he was saying DS training sessions were brilliant but wasn’t a very good man manager.

Must have been hard for him with English not being his first language, bit like Cathro. 

Салатные палочки
Just now, Space Pirate said:

Must have been hard for him with English not being his first language, bit like Cathro. 

:laugh2:

Official_AB

Just think of the team that Robbie could make based on previous names he’s mentioned: 

Gordon(Linked previously) 

Smith Souttar Halkett Hickey 

Walker Clare Irving Hayes 

Boyce Naismith 

subs: 

Zlamal 

Berra 

Damour 

Nisbett 

Shankland 

ooft 

4 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Even stranger is john Collins saying it's scandalous to relegate Hearts 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/former-hibs-boss-john-collins-18458319.amp

Seriously though, I really wanted Stendel, I really wanted it to work with him but Robbie gave us the best football since Burley in his first season, I am excited to see what he can do with an arguably better team 

That's the bit that worries me - someone has told him we have a good squad...

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, Space Pirate said:

..same with Billy Brown though.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

😂😂

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Likley expensive as well and no doubt he had personal concerns with the covid fallout. 

Shame tho, his philosophy was a good one. 

I also thought that the 3 youngsters that have been given new contracts all seemed to improve under Stendel. 

It's a shame, but like you alluded to, i think we pushed the boat out for Stendel, Robbie will probably be on half his wage. 

tolcross lad

I really dont know what to make of Robbies appt.

He got us out of the Championship.Ground out results on promotion.Signed Oshinawa and Sammon.Failed v Hibs when it mattered.He has maybe matured as a manager?

Is he is on the manager merry go round and knows when to move ?

Are there storms ahead for UTD that he wanted to avoid?Why would he want to come to Hearts in the Championship.Does he think Hearts will be in the Premier?

And who is the SD who wants him?

I am not against this appointment but I have reservations. 

Aside from the obvious, is there anyone at Dundee United we could poach of them. Keeper looked alright in the cup against hibs. 

1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

It’s too easy to get sentimental with Stendel, but you’ve just mentioned the only two teams he could beat in the league.  Reality is, we need a manager who can beat the other teams.  You don’t get into the top 6 by beating Hibs and Rangers twice a season, you get in the top 6 by beating the bottom 6.

Fair. 

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I look forward to us shutting up shop with 60 minutes to go holding onto a one nil lead. I look forward to us treating the derby as “just another” game. I hope that was the Levein effect. If it turns out to be true, he’ll get my backing regardless of my disappointment. 

Maybe that cautious approach was instilled by Levein. Ironic though since CL had a decent record v Hibs.

28 minutes ago, Lochee Jambo said:

United owner told him that if he wanted to talk to Hearts he was finished at Tannadice as he only wants committed staff.

I'd love to have seen Neilson's face at that moment. :D

15 minutes ago, The Fonz said:

Well that was wild....

Decent enough appointment all things considered. Imagine the seethe if we took Utd's place is the Premiership as well as their manager... and/or if they appoint Levein. 

Could turn into a bitter rivalry. Lovely stuff. 

Levein for them isn't a bad shout considering he was well appreciated first time around. 

Reading between the lines, I'm starting to think that Stendel's methods didn't gel with the entire squad (a squad I would not tire of booting up the arse for their intransigence, tbh). He got performances out of Claire and the younger players which also gives some credence to the long in the tooth hardened professionals who were considered to be taking the piss with training etc, and possibly undermined him from the off. 

Edited by Gizmo

Whatsthefuture
20 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Hearing Davy weir as dof 

Heard this about a week ago. Took with a pinch of salt

3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

But he isn't under contract or employment with us? 

Na dont accept that. that is us being as silly as the rest of them !!

He still had 8 games or whatever if it was over a thanks Daniel but it never worked out should have been in order !!

colinmaroon

I think it goes without saying if we had not pressed to halfway line against defensive teams, we would not have been bottom of the league.  Add persisting with Pereira and we would have been mid table.

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Ann Budge has suddenly turned into the Terminator.

DONCASTER, WATCH OUT. 

It's brutal, no doubt. 😀

J.T.F.Robertson
7 minutes ago, Dazo said:

4 minutes ago, Official_AB said:

Just think of the team that Robbie could make based on previous names he’s mentioned: 

Gordon(Linked previously) 

Smith Souttar Halkett Hickey 

Walker Clare Irving Hayes 

Boyce Naismith 

subs: 

Zlamal 

Berra 

Damour 

Nisbett 

Shankland 

ooft 

Calm doon!

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

He still had 8 games or whatever if it was over a thanks Daniel but it never worked out should have been in order !!

Well going on Stendal's ratio with bottom 6 teams we would be certain for relegation.  With Neilson we wouldnt be anywhere near this position and if the league does get put back on then Budge has just saved relegation 

I have been hearing Talks Fyssas name a lot for sporting director and it would make sense that he would want Nelson, I would be happy with that

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

Well going on Stendal's ratio with bottom 6 teams we would be certain for relegation.  With Neilson we wouldnt be anywhere near this position and if the league does get put back on then Budge has just saved relegation 

I get that and not defending Stendel, just think we could have been a bit classy in saying goodbye and good luck !!

27 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Fair to say he didn't feel the love much though...

It is fair to say that agreed.

4 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I agree there should have been a comment along those lines in the statement - surprised it wasn't' even if DS is not under contract.  That's said AB has got one or two other things on her plate right now.   We now have a manager under contract and if true a SD I'd be happy with to follow.    Caps off to her for being able to do this whilst dealing with recon,  the legal shenanigans and managing a business generally during Covid-19.    That's actually pretty impressive stuff.

We’ve been on a downward spiral since he left so how anyone can say it’s a backwards step is beyond me.

Its a solid if unspectacular appointment. I’ll take it.

Big Slim Stylee
11 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Disappointed about not seeing what DS could gave done.

Happy to see RN back though. 

Goodluck Robbie.

Much more chance he'd make us great. However Robbie makes us safe I suppose. 

4 minutes ago, lou said:

I have been hearing Talks Fyssas name a lot for sporting director and it would make sense that he would want Nelson, I would be happy with that

Yeah, thinking that too. 

Fyssas would be an incredible appointment IMO. 

millerjames398

Where the hell did this come from?, fightin the powers at be throught the week, and getting deals done at the weekends😄, solid appointment, but won't be everybody's cup of tea🇱🇻

7 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I get that and not defending Stendel, just think we could have been a bit classy in saying goodbye and good luck !!

Yes, but did we say goodbye to him or did he say goodbye to us?

I agree with your underlyimg sentiment however and there's no way we should just jettison someone who acted with the utmost good faith and honour (no wages) in his dealings with us at a critical time.

I'm sure our support will wish him all the best.

Edited by JamboAl

30 minutes ago, inspector said:

Guid Scottish laddie. Wonder what the Scottish press will have to say? Negative spin no doubt.

Stealing from other clubs. Throwing her money about. Preparing for the championship. Admitting she should have done more to keep him. Any and all of these I’d imagine. 

Did not see this coming. Whilst I would have liked to see Stendel finish his business with us I'm happy enough with Robbie. Makes sense rather than another long recruitment saga.  

3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Yes, but did we say goodbye to him or did he say goodbye to us?

I agree with your underlyimg sentiment however and there's no way we should just jettison someone who acted with the utmost good faith and honour (no wages) in his dealings with us at a critical time.

I'm sure our support will wish him all the best.

fair points all a bit bizarre!!

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, 
courage to change the things I can, 
and wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks Daniel - sorry it didn’t work out but that’s football.

Welcome Robbie - now get those lazy ****s on triple training sessions.

30 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

Surely if there was a SD in place, he would have been announced first? 

The fact that a manager has been announced before the SD is a bit mental IMO, but i'm getting used to it. 

Maybe he needs to resign from his current roles first. 

29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

There is one dof, knows the league, gets the club, international experience and has worked with Robbie as a coach and a player before...... 

Houston?

Edit Just saw your response to previous identical post

Edited by Jamhammer

Big Slim Stylee
2 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

Where the hell did this come from?, fightin the powers at be throught the week, and getting deals done at the weekends😄, solid appointment, but won't be everybody's cup of tea🇱🇻

How annoyed must DU have been?😀  It's such a GIRUY. "So we know you're complaining? Oh well, we'll take your manager, you twats." 

It's an absolute piece of genius!