Season Tickets On Sale

Sooperstar

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

I will not be renewing until I am confident of there being no health risk.

Taking my age into account, that probably means until a vaccine is available, or until this is all over.

It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is for me.

Well done Jonno.  You're not just looking after yourself, you're looking after others.  I would take exactly the same stance.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooperstar

• soonbe110

• Ethan Hunt

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going by most on this thread it looks like there will be a pretty good take up. Hopefully that's the case. If people are happy to part with their cash despite all the uncertainty then all power to them and I hope the club get in the money they need from those folks. I'll continue to contribute through FOH until such time as I decide whether or not a ST is worth buying.

Unsure why my stance qualifies me as a hypocrite in @Ethan Hunt's book, but there you go.

Thunderstruck
40 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

I ask myself these questions.

What team have I supported since I was a child? Answer: Hearts

Did I fight to retain my club during and after administration? Yes

Will I continue to donate to Foundation of Hearts? Answer: Yes

Has Ann Budge made mistakes during her tenure? Answer: Yes

Do I always agree with players and others employed by the club? Answer: No

Will I support Hearts 'til I die? Answer: Yes

Would I know what to do with myself on a Saturday if I didn't go to Tynecastle? Answer: No

Will I go next year if they are in the Championship? Answer: Yes

Will I be buying a season ticket for next season? Answer:YOUR DAMN RIGHT I WILL.

Completely agree and my ticket has been renewed.

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Going by most on this thread it looks like there will be a pretty good take up. Hopefully that's the case. If people are happy to part with their cash despite all the uncertainty then all power to them and I hope the club get in the money they need from those folks. I'll continue to contribute through FOH until such time as I decide whether or not a ST is worth buying.

Unsure why my stance qualifies me as a hypocrite in @Ethan Hunt's book, but there you go.

Maybe the fact that you are happy for others to buy season tickets to ensure the clubs survival, while you decide it’s worth buying one. Loyalty eh!

Renewed, never in doubt.  Travelling to away games to clubs who have effectively demoted us, no way.  They've made a choice how to vote based on their own circumstances so have I.  

Renewed. Was always going to but the corruption being displayed by the SPFL and certain clubs has made me even more determined to ensure I am helping my club  by an early renewal. Hope that a good percentage of others are able to do likewise.

I’ll renew my 2 tomorrow. I’m out of a job in June & could wait to get one cheaper as I’d be unemployed but I’d much rather give the £295 & £100 for my son as the pricing schedule dictates. The club needs money & I’d be delighted as always to cough up the dough. 

2 hours ago, Hearts Daft said:

I have had the same problem. I wanted to renew for myself and my 2 kids but it would only take me to my seat. Hopefully the club gets this sorted asap.

And for @Locky and others.

I had similar issue. You need to make sure the kids/partners/pals are in your network and they allow you to manage their tickets rather than just assign.

Works fine then :thumbsup:

Carl Weathers

I'm going to renew now as I had the money saved anyway. 

13 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

I’ll renew my 2 tomorrow. I’m out of a job in June & could wait to get one cheaper as I’d be unemployed but I’d much rather give the £295 & £100 for my son as the pricing schedule dictates. The club needs money & I’d be delighted as always to cough up the dough. 

:greatpost:

In times of need we have more or less stood up and been counted

This is another 'time of need' and I'll renew and to be honest the explanation re the prices etc is pretty clear and open so well done for that.

We know there is no certainty this season or next but we cannot wait for ever to get things on sale and start preparations for next season (being aware we have issues re this current season). There will be all types of issues for all sorts of businesses in the next 6 to 12  months or so and there will be no chance that everybody will agree on the steps to take.

Reconstruction, relegation, play offs etc will all be discussed but whatever happens we need to support the club if you can afford it.

I'm not ignoring the fact that questions re finance etc need to be investigated and mistakes admitted to but again that should not stop tickets being put on sale.  The way football finance works means we need the income now from season ticket sales to survive and prosper.

I have had the same problem. I wanted to renew for myself and my 2 kids but it would only take me to my seat. Hopefully the club gets this sorted asap.

Me too. Trying to renew mine , my sons and grandson but can only do one at a time. Also my son’s renewal comes up as an adult ticket when it should be a student tracker but that option not available. 

A bizarre time to sell them, unless we really need the money. 

Our dreadful season,  before current events meant it was uncertain what league we were playing in anyway. 

Current circumstances are it even more tough to make a decision.  We don’t know if and when this season will end, and regardless of league, when next season will start, or how many games there will be.  Even when known, some games ,at be behind closed doors, or with restricted crowds.   I think sporting events will be the last thing to get back to normal. 

I probably will renew. I am skint, but fortunate enough to still be on a full wage.  Many won’t be, and no matter what support companies get from the Governments at Westminster and Holyrood, jobs will be lost.   

I also fear people will get use to no football, or reevaluate its importance to them, and pick and chose games. 

I guess it is the case, there will not be an ideal time to put them on sale.   I personally would have held back, but maybe we need the money,, and have accepted the uncertainty could be here for months still.  

£50.00 for under 13s, though, is bloody good, regardless.  

Edited by Paolo

2 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

I will not be renewing until I am confident of there being no health risk.

Taking my age into account, that probably means until a vaccine is available, or until this is all over.

It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is for me.

You might find the Government makes that decision for you.  I am very doubtful we will return to capacity crowds any time soon 

3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

A bizarre time to sell them, unless we really need the money. 

Our dreadful season,  before current events meant it was uncertain what league we were playing in anyway. 

Current circumstances are it even more tough to make a decision.  We don’t know if and when this season will end, and regardless of league, when next season will start, or how many games there will be.  Even when known, some games ,at be behind closed doors, or with restricted crowds.   I think sporting events will be the last thing to get back to normal. 

I probably will renew. I am skint, but fortunate enough to still be on a full wage.  Many won’t be, and no matter what support companies get from the Governments at Westminster and Holyrood, jobs will be lost.   

I also fear people will get use to no football, or reevaluate its importance to them, and pick and chose games. 

I guess it is the case, there will not be an ideal time to put them on sale.   I personally would have held back, but maybe we need the money,, and have accepted the uncertainty could be here for months still.  

£50.00 for under 13s, though, is bloody good, regardless.  

I fail to see how it is a bizarre time when it is exactly the usual time they are put on sale every year.

I get the virus situation but this is how football works with season ticket income coming in to a club to last the summer and some put aside for the following months (and of course transfer fees etc)

We are no diff from any other club in putting season tickets on sale at this time.  If were not in relegation trouble there would not be any criticism of the clubs arrangements

We are in times never seen or imagined before and if we are to have a club in the future it will take a bit of 'putting aside the annoyance at the running of the club' as we need the fans to back the club now. 

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Maybe the fact that you are happy for others to buy season tickets to ensure the clubs survival, while you decide it’s worth buying one. Loyalty eh!

I'm quite satisfied that my level of loyalty to the club is sufficient and proven over a number of decades.

I have a Cat B ST due to travelling from Belgium maybe 6-8 times a year and it also give me a chance to get tickets in the Roseburn for family when we meet up.

with all this debacle, should the club scrap Cat B and make the part of the Roseburn Bronze and no longer sell out to the unwashed, vermin and sheep.

I will renew but not sure if I can justify Silver or gold for limited amount of games a season.

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

I'm quite satisfied that my level of loyalty to the club is sufficient and proven over a number of decades.

Good. We’ll all be at Tynecastle showing our level of loyalty while you’re still writing about yours on football forums 👋

thehibsareintheirbeds

Fortunate enough for income not to be impacted by recent events and money there to buy them so more than happy to renew tickets for me and the boy regardless of what league we'll be in. It's been dire for a long time and needs to improve but for those that can renew it's a great message to send that we're in it together and deserve better- be it to budge, the spfl or whoever

Jambof3tornado

Will renew ASAP, assuming *******s stay at home and help protect us NHS staff, so I'm not dead before the season starts( mods feel free to auction my season ticket if the worst happens).

Bit concerned about championship Friday night matches if thats where we are as I'll miss more games than I can get to but to be honest 3pm saturday fixtures have been a rarity anyways!

Away games will be selected based on whether I think the opponents are ***** or not.

credit card

I see a lot, lot, lot wrong with this. Football is not starting anytime soon. How can it when there is no proper Covid 19 testing and no vaccine for a best estimate of  between 12 to 18 months. 

Will we begin to do what Germany and Spain are doing and play behind closed doors first? I guess so but when will it start and for how long? 

Will social distancing apply when fans are allowed in? Will there be a 3 seat gap between all fans reducing capacity by 75% so only 5,000 fans will get in. Will the queue snake from Wheatfield Street to Luckies? Will mandatory temperature checks be needed before being allowed in?

How will public transport operate? How will supporters buses work? Social distancing for corporate facilities?

Who of us will still have their job? Who will have a job but with less hours and less pay? Don't think for one minute that income tax won't be increased by a heck of a lot to cover the "staying at home" period. It will - big time. What happens if Pandemic 2 happens?

All of these unanswered questions against the backdrop of a bunch of grossly underperforming players who are expecting us to stump up just 10% less than we paid out for this unfinished season (and maybe for a league below).

Ann needs to get focused on the now not months ahead. Go for Dundee's jugular and get the SPFL articles changed to get the immediate pay out to tick the club over just now but don't insult the intelligence of a support that have always backed the team to the hilt by asking us to fork out right now - for actually what? If the club runs out of money then so will most other clubs.

European places? Another SPFL joke on this vote. Oh aye bet loads of teams want to draw Atalanta in Bergamo anytime in the next year or so.....by the way I will still end up getting my ticket because like most Jambos I'm daft too. 

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Good. We’ll all be at Tynecastle showing our level of loyalty while you’re still writing about yours on football forums 👋

I'll be at Tynecastle. Have already confirmed that. Just perhaps not as a ST holder. Lovely chatting.

3 minutes ago, credit card said:

I see a lot, lot, lot wrong with this. Football is not starting anytime soon. How can it when there is no proper Covid 19 testing and no vaccine for a best estimate of  between 12 to 18 months. 

Will we begin to do what Germany and Spain are doing and play behind closed doors first? I guess so but when will it start and for how long? 

Will social distancing apply when fans are allowed in? Will there be a 3 seat gap between all fans reducing capacity by 75% so only 5,000 fans will get in. Will the queue snake from Wheatfield Street to Luckies? Will mandatory temperature checks be needed before being allowed in?

How will public transport operate? How will supporters buses work? Social distancing for corporate facilities?

Who of us will still have their job? Who will have a job but with less hours and less pay? Don't think for one minute that income tax won't be increased by a heck of a lot to cover the "staying at home" period. It will - big time. What happens if Pandemic 2 happens?

All of these unanswered questions against the backdrop of a bunch of grossly underperforming players who are expecting us to stump up just 10% less than we paid out for this unfinished season (and maybe for a league below).

Ann needs to get focused on the now not months ahead. Go for Dundee's jugular and get the SPFL articles changed to get the immediate pay out to tick the club over just now but don't insult the intelligence of a support that have always backed the team to the hilt by asking us to fork out right now - for actually what? If the club runs out of money then so will most other clubs.

European places? Another SPFL joke on this vote. Oh aye bet loads of teams want to draw Atalanta in Bergamo anytime in the next year or so.....by the way I will still end up getting my ticket because like most Jambos I'm daft too. 

If our club runs out of money then what do you suppose happens?

2 hours ago, henryheart said:

Taking all of the emotion out of this, we have lost a minimum 3, but most likely, 4 matches from this season. The walk up price for category B matches for my seat is £34, so on this basis I'm at least £52 down thanks to the very generous £50 'cashback', which is only available if I buy a ticket for next season. To suggest that current season ticket holders are being offered a price reduction for our next season tickets is a manipulation of the English language in a manner that the SPFL would be proud of. 

Taking the £50 as compensation for lost matches this season, the real price for next season is £500. On the not unreasonable assumption that Hearts will be playing lower league football next year, that works out at an incredible £27.77 per match. Will Hearts really be charging more than £28 to walk up and see the likes of Alloa, Arbroath and Morton? 

Hearts well know that the hardcore fan base is circa 7,500. Those within that group will change over time as older fans drop out and younger supporters join. Those admirable souls on here announcing their undying devotion to buy a ticket next season are clearly in this category. Hearts have no need to worry about you - in business terms the hardcore fans are the equivalent of those who renew their insurance policies without looking elsewhere and are charged a premium as a result. That is why new season ticket holders are getting, for my seat, a £25 discount while I as a current season ticket holder, am seeing a minimum £52 loss on my current ticket and no effective discount on my season ticket renewal. The hardcore fans are, financially, being taken as mugs by this offer.   

Hearts biggest concern has to be the remaining 4,500 season ticket holders are in that floating group and who need to be encouraged to remain season ticket holders. They have to be given an attractive offer or else they will do something else with their money and time. Two of the key influences are on field performance - failed miserably on that one - and a financial carrot - an attractive price, which this offer is a million miles away from being no matter what division we are in next season. Let's be honest, there are very unlikely to be many more, if any, new season ticket holders based on where the world is at the moment and there will be more than likely a good few of the floaters who are not in any way going to be enticed by this.  

Going back to where I started by taking the emotion of of it, this is not a good deal. I would rather the announcement was more upfront and honest rather than making the offer out to be something it is very obviously not.

Don’t buy or renew then, we know your thoughts. 

2 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

You are buying not knowing what league you will be in or even how many teams will be in that league. 
We have jump the gun by selling a ST now for some unknown future. There may not even be a next season if this current pandemic is not ended. 

Dannie, we know your thoughts. Please stop trying to persuade fans to abstain from buying season tickets when the club needs every penny it can raise. 

2 hours ago, McCrae said:

I will renew, but won’t rush. Time to see how things pan out. The club could easily go into administration again.

Not if 13-14,000 fans buy season tickets in next couple of months. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Seems reasonable to me ... not a hard sell but (yet) another appeal to our goodwill (these need stop sometime if and when we get back to normal) Timings and assurances mean there is no real pressure otherwise to move quickly.Did I miss it or was the usual appeal not to pay by credit card because of its cash flow impact missing?

It’s missing but given its online sales only........

18Jambo_dave74

Now that the fans are being asked to step up (once again) and help the club it might be a good time to hear from the players.

Many fans will now be contributing financially despite having serious concerns over their health, finances, jobs etc. How about these bunch of underperforming gutless wasters step up and accept the pay cut deal that has been proposed by the club. They’ve been a disgrace on the pitch and, so far, off it (barring the odd exception).

credit card
9 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If our club runs out of money then what do you suppose happens?

So will 80 to 90% of the others worldwide. Start again with lower admission prices and lower wages

4 hours ago, neilnunb said:

This is the thing.

Saw a report from some health expert who doubts things like gigs, festivals will return until Autumn 2021. Smaller events where they can keep a 2m distancing in place will resume sooner.

You would think sports events will be much the same.

Obviously noone knows for sure but no way I'm buying a ST when it's so up in the air. 

I am a Fifer though so being tight is second nature 😃

Wasn’t it one of the Fife mob that found a cure for sea sickness?

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s missing but given its online sales only........

Not sure I understand. You can usually buy on-line using a credit card. My issue was whether it helps the club in doing so if the ST income is only released to the club by the credit card provider on a match by match basis in which case buying an ST by credit card doesn't help the club's cash flow for perhaps many months, maybe 6 months or even more.

Edit Sorry reading your post again I assume you mean you can ONLY buy on line by credit card. Not debit card? 

Edited by Francis Albert

4 hours ago, cheetah said:

No thanks Ann, I will give my charitable donations to something more worthwhile.

Thanks for sharing.

credit card
4 hours ago, adambraejambo said:

Not comfortable with this. We dont even know if there will be a next season yet . Dont get me wrong I will get one regardless but I'd of preferred to see a membership scheme. Asking for just enough to keep lights on. When football can resume you put tickets up for sale and anyone who joined membership gets the cash back in a discount . Not 100% cash back but a hefty discount. 

This is the way ahead or something like it. Great post.

1 hour ago, Dunks said:

I had similar issue. You need to make sure the kids/partners/pals are in your network and they allow you to manage their tickets rather than just assign.

Cheers Dunks, will have a look!

I’ll be renewing my 3 ST’s wether we play behind closed doors next year or not and wether we are in the premier or championship. HMFC are for life and not just for the good times. We take the lows which make the highs (too few and far between imo) even better. It’s not up for debate wether or not to renew as I’d feel it’s a dereliction of duty to abstain during these tough times.  The club need us more now than ever during this crisis. So for this reason alone I will be renewing. 

HHGH 🇱🇻

42 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Dannie, we know your thoughts. Please stop trying to persuade fans to abstain from buying season tickets when the club needs every penny it can raise. 

People will make their own minds up. I’m just pointing out the reality of the facts and the position we are at as it stands. 
No one can predict how this will pan out. Heck this season has no end date insight and next season has no start date that can be guaranteed. As I said previously sell ST tickets at a percentage of a perceived cost then top it up when and only when the future is known. 
Add in the idiots at the SPFL trying to fix an outcome to suit one Club and making a real balls of it. 
I’ll buy when and only when the future of Scottish football is a known quantity. 
Till then I’ll continue to pledge and buy from the shop when it’s open again. 

Edited by Dannie Boy

I will probably renew, but will be waiting till its clearer a) what league we will be in and b) what the long term exit strategy is from the lockdown. I think it possible large scale gatherings will remain banned for a lot longer than the general lockdown. Maybe for months and months. It's a big financial commitment with no real guarantee of what you are actually going to get for your money (apart from 20 lps)

So called fans moaning about the price of ST’s and lost games from this year is incredible. Some looking for cheap deals if we go down a league. 😳 The same fans that moan why we can’t get high calibre players to sign for us along the likes of Stevie Naismith for instance. What kind of wages do you think we pay these players and why do you think we can sign them?

Between the lost games, sponsorship and pitch side advertising that I’ve paid upfront for, then I’m probably down around £2.5K. Does that bother me? No it doesn’t. Do I want reimbursed? Absolutely not!  It’s the price I pay to help my club out when it’s needed most! 

Libertarian
2 hours ago, Dunks said:

Thanks for that. That's our tickets renewed. I don't understand why the system had stopped me from managing my children's tickets as I had always managed them and hadn't asked for this to be changed. 

pharmaceutical01
5 hours ago, Dannie Boy said:

This season isn’t finished, yet!

The SPFL are in the process of screwing us over by doctoring the voting process to suit Celtics, sorry their needs. 
What league will we be next year? 
How many games will there be?
When will next season start? 
Will it ever start if we don’t get a grip on this pandemic?

Will social distancing still be around? 
So many questions need answered before any ST is sold.

My view point is we should have ask for a deposit/percentage of a future season ticket which would be topped up at a later date when an definite outcome is known. 

Would you buy a house not knowing when it would be finished or how many bricks it will be built with or the number of bedrooms it will have? 

The ST show have been offered at 75% of the perceived valve until the future and way out of the nightmare is known. 

4 hours ago, Des' Dad said:

I ask myself these questions.

What team have I supported since I was a child? Answer: Hearts

Did I fight to retain my club during and after administration? Yes

Will I continue to donate to Foundation of Hearts? Answer: Yes

Has Ann Budge made mistakes during her tenure? Answer: Yes

Do I always agree with players and others employed by the club? Answer: No

Will I support Hearts 'til I die? Answer: Yes

Would I know what to do with myself on a Saturday if I didn't go to Tynecastle? Answer: No

Will I go next year if they are in the Championship? Answer: Yes

Will I be buying a season ticket for next season? Answer:YOUR DAMN RIGHT I WILL.

This is where I am at!! Just renewed x 2

5 hours ago, MTS1874 said:

I’ll definitely buy mine regardless of what division we are in but I think if she announces that Levein and McPhee have left the club it will help with the sales.

Me too.

manaliveits105

Aberdeen must be hoping that next season is a wipe out as they could claim the Premier title 20/21 without a game being played at this rate

Diadora Van Basten

I would quite like to move my seat. There wasn’t a great choice this season so will wait and see what’s available when they are released.

3 hours ago, Paolo said:

You might find the Government makes that decision for you.  I am very doubtful we will return to capacity crowds any time soon 

Would love to only how social distancing would work at a football stadium...as I do with things like buses, weddings, pubs etc etc

Bought my season ticket like usual,  I don't buy it to see any other team bar Hearts. Not really that bothered when or if the season starts or finishes this time around or what league or division we are in, there are a lot of ordinary people in an indefinite lockdown also ill and dying. In reality the Season may not re-start within normal football parameters so may even have to look on my season ticket money as a donation. I surely don't need to spell it out that WE OWN THE CLUB . If we do not put money into it, it will not exist or be bought over by some opportunist spiv. No-one needs to explain why they are not getting a ST ,  just  help whenever we can which I am sure we will. HHGH

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

So called fans moaning about the price of ST’s and lost games from this year is incredible. Some looking for cheap deals if we go down a league. 😳 The same fans that moan why we can’t get high calibre players to sign for us along the likes of Stevie Naismith for instance. What kind of wages do you think we pay these players and why do you think we can sign them?

Between the lost games, sponsorship and pitch side advertising that I’ve paid upfront for, then I’m probably down around £2.5K. Does that bother me? No it doesn’t. Do I want reimbursed? Absolutely not!  It’s the price I pay to help my club out when it’s needed most! 

This  👍

3 hours ago, credit card said:

So will 80 to 90% of the others worldwide. Start again with lower admission prices and lower wages

I’ll just leave this here.

37CF2072-1374-410F-9BB8-E7B5E4FB09F6.jpeg