Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooperstar

• soonbe110

• Ethan Hunt

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holyrood_Hearts

Apologies I’ve not read through the whole thread so if I’m repeating this that’s been previously mentioned I’m sorry. 

If we’re relegated by the league, personally speaking I’ll buy a ST for Tynecastle & will happy  go to or donate money to Inverness. Every other team in the league who voted yes to this corrupt vote can go **** themselves. The club officially can’t go on record with this but as a fanbase we have an obligation to boycott all away grounds next season if relegated by default.

I’d suggest instead of fans going to away matches (& this has to be widespread throughout the fanbase) that ticket gate money is kept & there’s a fund put in place next season where fans use this money to instead help fill Tynecastle instead with home support (as we won’t have a Rangers/Hibs in that league?)

letsalllaughathobos
7 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

I was trying to work out why I couldn’t renew both me and my 10 year old’s ticket yesterday. 

I won’t bother now. I’m not fussed about playing in the championship but if we take this fiasco lying down Hearts will lose two season tickets. 

5 of us the same, had enough of the Glasgow mafia, 

Also Ann and Craig set up too, huge change needed to convince me to part with cash, 

livingstonjambo

I bought mine yesterday morning against my better judgement, going to ask for a refund today. 
Club agreeing to chair the sham reconstruction panel was the last straw

Interesting times ahead re season ticket sales. If Budge manages to secure reconstruction and I highly doubt it then sales will hold up. If no reconstruction and we are relegated without taking legal action then sales will nose dive. I will sit tight with my 4 season tickets and see how this pans out. I take no pleasure in taking this stance but this pandemic aside Budge has failed big time over the last couple of years. 

15 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

If no reconstruction and we are relegated without taking legal action then sales will nose dive. I

Doesn’t say much about many in our support. But realistic sadly. I’ll be renewing along with all my mates.

1 minute ago, OldGorgie said:

Doesn’t say much about many in our support. But realistic sadly. I’ll be renewing along with all my mates.

Yes but that is the nature of some fans. I will renew but am in no rush at the moment as there is so little clarity on many levels. So many are losing faith in Budge understandibly and I can't criticise anyone for feeling this way. 

1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

Yes but that is the nature of some fans. I will renew but am in no rush at the moment as there is so little clarity on many levels. So many are losing faith in Budge understandibly and I can't criticise anyone for feeling this way. 

exactly-some fans. Where would Hearts be if we all thought that way.

highlandjambo3
11 hours ago, TheGoodLord said:

My younger boy is in bits as it’s now dawning on him we’re now likely to be relegated. The last week has been very stressful as I’ve been trying to explain the crazy events as they’ve been unfolding I fully appreciate there are massively more stressful events happening right now but in a way this has been a bit of a diversion not that young kids understand the magnitude of matters just now. We (me and two boys) will renew our season tickets as I fear not doing so will possibly show the wrong message and more importantly it will rob me of cherished time spent with my boys as before I know it they will want to do there own thing. We took out our season tickets during the last Championship season so fingers crossed. 

Good shout.......

we sometimes go down buy we aye come back up.

Remember defeat and disappointment are lessons where we learn things about ourselves and how we deal with that. Imagine being ceptic and winning 99% of your football (not in Europe of course)..... where is the fun in that.

I presume STs aren't flying out the door and personally I don't think they should even be on sale.

Football may not start till January and possibly not even then.  Absolutely nobody knows.  There is also a prospect of games being played behind closed doors.

If Hearts reach dire straights financially I would much prefer they reach out to us for one-off donations to tide us over.  We have a great track record in that regard.

thecarnbeejambo

simple really.. if you are lucky enough to be able to afford it great. if not just buy a ticket game by game. club owers, managers board members have come and gone in the years since i have been going to tynecastle ( 1958  ) but im still here and will be here, hopefully,

to see off a few more guardians of our club. we have have plumbed the absolute depths, but how good have the sucesses made us feel.the last few years have been a bit of a well documented disaster and we are probably where we deserve to be, but this club is our life and if that means relegation however unfair that seems we must be there because  players, managers and owners will come and go but we are the HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN. dont boycott away games to punish the sycophant clubs lets fill their pokey grounds get behind our team and roger them good and proper. upwards and onwards.HHGH

Ford Prentice

Renewed. Not really bothered which league we'll be in. Just looking forward to seeing some football again whether its in July, September or next year. Time to look ahead and stop feeling sorry for ourselves. Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey.

22 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Renewed. Not really bothered which league we'll be in. Just looking forward to seeing some football again whether its in July, September or next year. Time to look ahead and stop feeling sorry for ourselves. Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey.

Wonder what the tally is so far?  While I don't think they should be on sale, I still applaud all of you who have renewed.

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, thecarnbeejambo said:

simple really.. if you are lucky enough to be able to afford it great. if not just buy a ticket game by game. club owers, managers board members have come and gone in the years since i have been going to tynecastle ( 1958  ) but im still here and will be here, hopefully,

to see off a few more guardians of our club. we have have plumbed the absolute depths, but how good have the sucesses made us feel.the last few years have been a bit of a well documented disaster and we are probably where we deserve to be, but this club is our life and if that means relegation however unfair that seems we must be there because  players, managers and owners will come and go but we are the HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN. dont boycott away games to punish the sycophant clubs lets fill their pokey grounds get behind our team and roger them good and proper. upwards and onwards.HHGH

alternatively, in what will be an extremely challenging financial period for clubs, instead of going to away games and funding the competition spend that money at Tynecastle to make sure Hearts get the benefit and at the same time weaken the opposition. No chance I will be giving my maroon pounds to those scummy clubs.

2 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I presume STs aren't flying out the door and personally I don't think they should even be on sale.

Football may not start till January and possibly not even then.  Absolutely nobody knows.  There is also a prospect of games being played behind closed doors.

If Hearts reach dire straights financially I would much prefer they reach out to us for one-off donations to tide us over.  We have a great track record in that regard.

I’m struggling to see how football with fans in the ground can start up this year.

Regardless of what league we are in, I’d imagine it will be behind closed doors to start with.

Personally cant see football being normal next season.

No way it will start in august ,unless behind closed doors.

As for a season ticket,for the first time in over 30 years,ive seen my stable job ,wtf could ever happen to our industry ,go tits up 😞

******* Love Hearts,but family and roof over our heads come first.

Never missed a beat to FOH contributions since day one,would stick paying monthly subs(if i can),but season ticket is a step too far.Know the club need the money,but  think its wrong the club is doing the guilt trip payment at this moment in time.

Specially when they dont have the backbone to fight for what the league there going to be in.

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Wonder what the tally is so far?  While I don't think they should be on sale, I still applaud all of you who have renewed.

Was noted on Instagram when we hit 1,000 a day or so ago. Was pleasantly surprised to sell that many in a short space of time given the circumstances.

I'll definitely be renewing after I get paid.

35 minutes ago, TurboT said:

I’m struggling to see how football with fans in the ground can start up this year.

Regardless of what league we are in, I’d imagine it will be behind closed doors to start with.

100%.  All it takes is a return in this virus which we are seeing in some countries already. Ultra cautious is the way we will go in the UK. 

Jambof3tornado

Was ready to renew right away but will hold off til start of June, 2 more paydays so I can pay for it upfront. Still worried of friday night championship matches given I work 2 fridays in 3 til 9pm at night.

Rocky jamboa

Seems bizarre selling season tickets now when we dont know when the season will start, what that will look like (behind closed doors for instance), how many games there will be, and more importantly, what league we'll be in. How can the club charge the same price if we're in the premier league or championship?! I find it a strange decision. 

Hungry hippo
1 minute ago, Paulp74 said:

Seems bizarre selling season tickets now when we dont know when the season will start, what that will look like (behind closed doors for instance), how many games there will be, and more importantly, what league we'll be in. How can the club charge the same price if we're in the premier league or championship?! I find it a strange decision. 

More of necessity than a decision.

Quite a lot of clubs have come out and stated that it would be unfair to sell season tickets as noone knows what's going to happen and that's got to be true,social distancing will happen for most of next season so selling season tickets seems a bit odd when we might only be allowed a few thousand in the ground 

Regular John

Absolutely bonkers season tickets are on sale and I hope everyone that does purchase them does so with credit cards.

7 minutes ago, Regular John said:

Absolutely bonkers season tickets are on sale and I hope everyone that does purchase them does so with credit cards.

I  bought my 5 to support the club when they need me too. Not to watch the games tbh thankfully 😬

Biffa Bacon
1 hour ago, Paulp74 said:

Players under contract will still need to be paid, where do you think the money comes from, to allow this to happen.

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, rory78 said:

Quite a lot of clubs have come out and stated that it would be unfair to sell season tickets as noone knows what's going to happen and that's got to be true,social distancing will happen for most of next season so selling season tickets seems a bit odd when we might only be allowed a few thousand in the ground 

It's all a bit odd. We could have some games behind closed doors and how many fans will be older, or have underlying health issues? Until there is a vaccine, they may have to write off 2020/21 for their own health.

Perhaps Hearts TV can be offered to UK viewers?

I don't normally buy a ST as I live a fair bit away. I usually travel up once or twice a month and mix this between home and away matches. I will buy one for next season and go purely to home matches. Not giving any of my cash to other clubs (unless it is away to ICT, I can stay with parents then)

Rocky jamboa
40 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

Players under contract will still need to be paid, where do you think the money comes from, to allow this to happen.

The SPFL prize money will be getting paid out soon. I would imagine we have working capital to tide us over for another month or two until we see how things pan out. FOH money. Go into overdraft for a month or two. Anything is better than releasing season tickets now! 

No real thought for the fans. 

Edited by Paulp74

Season ticket sales for a 20/21 season that may not even exist, suppose the club needs money to pay for our wonderful squad.

Read on EEN that FoH is handing over a larger cheque that £120,000 for the month of March because subscriptions have increased.

That is just superb.

Some interlopers on here won't be best pleased but you can't please everyone.

In the midst of a global pandemic where so many are out of work and struggling for money, our subscriptions have gone up.   More than likely that by the end of June, that total will be well in excess of £500,000.

Wonder what our eastern friends and the Glasgow media think of that?

Seething in most cases I would think.

Well done to everyone.

The Real Maroonblood
12 hours ago, Shanks said:

Season ticket sales for a 20/21 season that may not even exist, suppose the club needs money to pay for our wonderful squad.

Maybe Levein will chip in and buy a few.

Then he could give them to the less fortunate.

Fluorescent Adolescent

The way I see it is the club have asked us to purchase season tickets because they need our help.

We all know the prospect of watching football inside Tynecastle (in any division), anytime soon is remote but they’ve asked for our help and I chose to buy them.

Posts on here stating that it’s ‘absolutely bonkers’ to buy season tickets and in turn deny the club money in their hour of need aren’t helpful, imo.

Randy Marsh
32 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Maybe Levein will chip in and buy a few.

Then he could give them to the less fortunate.

It would be nice if he gave something back for a change.

:Aye:

I bought mine last week as I had the money saved up ready for it and wanted to support the club in these trying times.

Although it seems like it may be quite a while before we are back watching football again, I trust that I will be treated reasonably fairly by Hearts.  Whether that is credit for future season ticket purchases or whatever they will do their best not to alienate supporters who have stumped up in these circumstances.

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

It would be nice if he gave something back for a change.

:Aye:

👍

jambos are go!

I am going to renew today. However, as a senior citizen in lockdown for 12 weeks(or longer) I am concerned that I may not be allowed to attend but won't be offered a refund. Anyone have advice?

Would it not be a good idea to to make Hearts TV Live coverage available to season ticket holders if the match is behind closed doors or the the ticket holder is in lockdown.

Just now, jambos are go! said:

I am going to renew today. However, as a senior citizen in lockdown for 12 weeks(or longer) I am concerned that I may not be allowed to attend but won't be offered a refund. Anyone have advice?

Would it not be a good idea to to make Hearts TV Live coverage available to season ticket holders if the match is behind closed doors or the the ticket holder is in lockdown.

There won't be any football in Scotland when lockdowns and social distancing are in play.  Closed doors games aren't viable as we don't get the multi millions from Sky they get down south.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

I’m similar as the Mrs is shielding so I effectively am as well. The Hearts tv idea seems a reasonable idea if some of us aren’t allowed out longer term. I will renew In the next few days but more to help the club survive ( we’ve been friends nearly all my life ) than hoping to see any matches in the next few months. 

East Lothian Jambo
7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

There won't be any football in Scotland when lockdowns and social distancing are in play.  Closed doors games aren't viable as we don't get the multi millions from Sky they get down south.

Closed door games will be viable if it's the only way of getting games underway idc 

Football across a few afternoons / evenings scheduled live on the box could be an option in shorter term 

2 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Closed door games will be viable if it's the only way of getting games underway idc 

Football across a few afternoons / evenings scheduled live on the box could be an option in shorter term 

Not with the current TV contracts in place.  Clubs wouldn't be able to pay the players wages without the income.

19 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m similar as the Mrs is shielding so I effectively am as well. The Hearts tv idea seems a reasonable idea if some of us aren’t allowed out longer term. I will renew In the next few days but more to help the club survive ( we’ve been friends nearly all my life ) than hoping to see any matches in the next few months. 

Thousands of Hearts fans are in a potentially disastrous financial position. I’ve been furloughed and I’m in a sector that will be last to come back to normal, if it ever does. The furlough system, as welcome as it is, isn’t going to save all companies from going bust so there is a chance I’ll not have a job to go back to. I’ve also lost a small side business that took years to build up so that income has gone possibly  forever and definitely for the next year

There is no danger I can justify a ST for a season that might never happen And certainly no time soon and no chance I can up my FOH, in fact it’s probably going to have to go soon.

But of rambling way of saying that the safety net of fans bailing the club out as we have in the past simply won’t be there to the extent that might be required if we’re going to have to go 6 months further with no income

Edited by JimmyCant

4 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Lochenders hit 4K, is Ron giving them away!!

Lot of students and OAP’s in that part of the world 🤣

East Lothian Jambo
12 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Not with the current TV contracts in place.  Clubs wouldn't be able to pay the players wages without the income.

They'll need to be open to renegotiation.  Sky will be keen to do something that gets live football on screen as soon as practically possible. Football will be able to resume a good bit ahead of football stadia being occupied in all likelihood

ST renewal is done so to provide the clubs with income rather than any expectation of taking your seat, sat least for a good while. Many people will be happy to renew. Many won't,  possibly through reduction in income or unemployment as a result of the prevailing uncertainty 

Clerry Jambo
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Lot of students and OAP’s in that part of the world 🤣

I believe they have some early bird scheme so suppose they will sell a fair number