Season Tickets On Sale

Sooperstar

heartsfc_fan
13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So a silver season ticket works out at £17.50 a game. Supposing that we are in the Championship. Is that price reasonable? How much do you want to pay?

I'd sa it's fair.

Dundee Utd were charging £22-£24 match tickets for run of the mill games in the championship.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooperstar

• soonbe110

• Ethan Hunt

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Round of applause for you. Sleep well tonight.

You voted to boycott away games. Sounds like you’re planning to do the same for home games.

To be clear, these are unprecedented times, to be whining on about how much season tickets should cost, and what if we’re not in the Premier League, frankly makes you sound like a bit of a dick. Either get a season ticket or just shut the feck up about it.

Incidentally, when I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be a call to arms to support the club at a time when it could be just as important as our administration season. Seems is more about self interest, what am I getting. Funny how hypocritical some people can be.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

Fort Vallance
4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’ll be surprised if there will be any large crowd events this year to be honest.

I will be renewing at pay day. Seeing I’m not going to any away games now (apart from the Clubs that have a soul), buying it is a given. 

If you're right I'll wait till October and get an over 65. 

This season isn’t finished, yet!

The SPFL are in the process of screwing us over by doctoring the voting process to suit Celtics, sorry their needs. 
What league will we be next year? 
How many games will there be?
When will next season start? 
Will it ever start if we don’t get a grip on this pandemic?

Will social distancing still be around? 
So many questions need answered before any ST is sold.

My view point is we should have ask for a deposit/percentage of a future season ticket which would be topped up at a later date when an definite outcome is known. 

Would you buy a house not knowing when it would be finished or how many bricks it will be built with or the number of bedrooms it will have? 

The ST show have been offered at 75% of the perceived valve until the future and way out of the nightmare is known. 

49 minutes ago, GorgieBoysAreInTown said:

Reasonable announcement IMO. AB understands us supporters want to know what league we’ll be in... I believe she’s held off as much as possible.

We have been short changed the last 18 months. But it’s still Heart Of Midlothian. The club needs us again in these hard times. It’s time to step up once again. 
Heart of Midlothian Forever.

Spot on mate

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

I reckon I've saved enough being stuck in the house for the last month to cover mine. 

Good point.

Just received my MasterCard bill and I told the wife it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

21 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

You voted to boycott away games. Sounds like you’re planning to do the same for home games.

To be clear, these are unprecedented times, to be whining on about how much season tickets should cost, and what if we’re not in the Premier League, frankly makes you sound like a bit of a dick. Either get a season ticket or just shut the feck up about it.

Incidentally, when I saw the thread title I thought it was going to be a call to arms to support the club at a time when it could be just as important as our administration season. Seems is more about self interest, what am I getting. Funny how hypocritical some people can be.

I have every right to express my opinion. Thanks for sharing yours.

Edited by Sooperstar

Thought Police

I’m in this camp:

I’m not bothered about the pricing based on the league. For me, a season ticket is affordable or it’s not. I’m not going to say one price is fine if we’re in the top league, but that same price is too much for another league.

I pay to watch and financially support Hearts, not Rangers, Celtic, Hibs or Aberdeen.

I will, however, certainly be considering where my money for away matches goes. Not to Tayside anyway.

5 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

The SPFL are in the process of screwing us over by doctoring the voting process to suit Celtics, sorry their needs. 

My view point is we should have ask for a deposit/percentage of a future season ticket which would be topped up at a later date when an definite outcome is known. 

Would you buy a house not knowing when it would be finished or how many bricks it will be built with or the number of bedrooms it will have? 

The ST show have been offered at 75% of the perceived valve until the future and way out of the nightmare is known. 

More decent option there, despite some having said in this thread that the club had no other option than what has been put forward - a very SPFL type attitude might I say.

25 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

I’ll definitely buy mine regardless of what division we are in but I think if she announces that Levein and McPhee have left the club it will help with the sales.

Just renewed mine and the laddies as we were saving for it. If she announced above some folk on the fence for those reasons would Def buy. 

Libertarian
35 minutes ago, Locky said:

Want to do mine but will need to try finance. Is that even a thing just now?

Also I've got 2, one in my girlfriends name, but I can only renew mine. Looks like I'll need to login as her and re-apply which is a pain. Unless anyone knows a way round it?

I have had the same problem. I wanted to renew for myself and my 2 kids but it would only take me to my seat. Hopefully the club gets this sorted asap.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Another point if I may. We don't know when the league will re-start. There is surely a chance that any 20/21 league will have to be truncated in some way with less games played. What then?

Your money helps safeguard the future existence of the club?

queensferryjambo
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

I for one will be renewing mine. Only because I am in the position to do so - and because I am clearly mentally deranged when it comes to Hearts :) 

Oh and a darker note if I die of Covid 19, after this season's performances I have instructed my wife to give it away free - to someone I hate 😇

If you can afford one buy one if not don't, if you can afford one and are not buying one because of Levein/ Spl/Relegation etc you ain't no Hearts Supporter, stick to KB.

queensferryjambo
13 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I will not be renewing until I am confident of there being no health risk.

Taking my age into account, that probably means until a vaccine is available, or until this is all over.

It's unfortunate, but that's the way it is for me.

jonno I always presumed by your excellent and informative posts about Hibs you were a young dude :) 

9 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

I have had the same problem. I wanted to renew for myself and my 2 kids but it would only take me to my seat. Hopefully the club gets this sorted asap.

I want to say I had the same issue last season, but thankfully I was paying by cash so didn't mind the 2 transactions. But if I'm doing it through finance, I'm worried that they'll contact her and set it up through her account whereas I want them both done through mine.

3 minutes ago, Mort said:

edit just noticed there is a financing option with a new firm, V12

The V12 website hasn’t updated to include Hearts yet so doesn’t look like this is an option until it’s sorted.

jambo-in-furness
1 hour ago, queensferryjambo said:

Does it matter what league we are in?

This is really a time of need for the club. We have been pushed into trouble firstly by the Covid 19 disaster and then further into trouble by our fellow member teams.

I understand some people will struggle just now to buy a season ticket financially as some are really hit hard. I can also understand anyone who has their own reasons to not get one just now. I don't have a problem with people who won't get a season ticket or who will hold off.

Your points about what will be happening in 20/21 season are very valid points as well.

I for one will be renewing mine. Only because I am in the position to do so - and because I am clearly mentally deranged when it comes to Hearts :) 

good points, being an ex ferry person and still a Jambo, I’m with you, ticket purchased🇱🇻✔️

Think it's becoming clearer by the day that Ann knows we are playing Championship foorball next season . No way these horrible ***** are reconstructing the league 

Still reasonably priced for the Championship though . Will wait till early June to make the call . 

Still pretty pissed   off  with the whole thing tbh . 

Edited by ramrod

Taking all of the emotion out of this, we have lost a minimum 3, but most likely, 4 matches from this season. The walk up price for category B matches for my seat is £34, so on this basis I'm at least £52 down thanks to the very generous £50 'cashback', which is only available if I buy a ticket for next season. To suggest that current season ticket holders are being offered a price reduction for our next season tickets is a manipulation of the English language in a manner that the SPFL would be proud of. 

Taking the £50 as compensation for lost matches this season, the real price for next season is £500. On the not unreasonable assumption that Hearts will be playing lower league football next year, that works out at an incredible £27.77 per match. Will Hearts really be charging more than £28 to walk up and see the likes of Alloa, Arbroath and Morton? 

Hearts well know that the hardcore fan base is circa 7,500. Those within that group will change over time as older fans drop out and younger supporters join. Those admirable souls on here announcing their undying devotion to buy a ticket next season are clearly in this category. Hearts have no need to worry about you - in business terms the hardcore fans are the equivalent of those who renew their insurance policies without looking elsewhere and are charged a premium as a result. That is why new season ticket holders are getting, for my seat, a £25 discount while I as a current season ticket holder, am seeing a minimum £52 loss on my current ticket and no effective discount on my season ticket renewal. The hardcore fans are, financially, being taken as mugs by this offer.   

Hearts biggest concern has to be the remaining 4,500 season ticket holders are in that floating group and who need to be encouraged to remain season ticket holders. They have to be given an attractive offer or else they will do something else with their money and time. Two of the key influences are on field performance - failed miserably on that one - and a financial carrot - an attractive price, which this offer is a million miles away from being no matter what division we are in next season. Let's be honest, there are very unlikely to be many more, if any, new season ticket holders based on where the world is at the moment and there will be more than likely a good few of the floaters who are not in any way going to be enticed by this.  

Going back to where I started by taking the emotion of of it, this is not a good deal. I would rather the announcement was more upfront and honest rather than making the offer out to be something it is very obviously not.

51 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Poor comparison, simply because if I could buy that house for circa £400 then the answer is yes.

6 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Taking all of the emotion out of this, we have lost a minimum 3, but most likely, 4 matches from this season. The walk up price for category B matches for my seat is £34, so on this basis I'm at least £52 down thanks to the very generous £50 'cashback', which is only available if I buy a ticket for next season. To suggest that current season ticket holders are being offered a price reduction for our next season tickets is a manipulation of the English language in a manner that the SPFL would be proud of. 

Taking the £50 as compensation for lost matches this season, the real price for next season is £500. On the not unreasonable assumption that Hearts will be playing lower league football next year, that works out at an incredible £27.77 per match. Will Hearts really be charging more than £28 to walk up and see the likes of Alloa, Arbroath and Morton? 

Hearts well know that the hardcore fan base is circa 7,500. Those within that group will change over time as older fans drop out and younger supporters join. Those admirable souls on here announcing their undying devotion to buy a ticket next season are clearly in this category. Hearts have no need to worry about you - in business terms the hardcore fans are the equivalent of those who renew their insurance policies without looking elsewhere and are charged a premium as a result. That is why new season ticket holders are getting, for my seat, a £25 discount while I as a current season ticket holder, am seeing a minimum £52 loss on my current ticket and no effective discount on my season ticket renewal. The hardcore fans are, financially, being taken as mugs by this offer.   

Hearts biggest concern has to be the remaining 4,500 season ticket holders are in that floating group and who need to be encouraged to remain season ticket holders. They have to be given an attractive offer or else they will do something else with their money and time. Two of the key influences are on field performance - failed miserably on that one - and a financial carrot - an attractive price, which this offer is a million miles away from being no matter what division we are in next season. Let's be honest, there are very unlikely to be many more, if any, new season ticket holders based on where the world is at the moment and there will be more than likely a good few of the floaters who are not in any way going to be enticed by this.  

Going back to where I started by taking the emotion of of it, this is not a good deal. I would rather the announcement was more upfront and honest rather than making the offer out to be something it is very obviously not.

Factor in how much you saved on a season ticket over a walk up fan who may have attended every game. In other words, work out how much your seat would cost a walk up fan this year if they paid on a match by match basis.

Edited by Ethan Hunt

My comitment to HMFC is as always, 'til I die or have nae money left to give. £16.65/£17.50 to watch them at Tynecastle seems not bad to me. 

Haven't had a season ticket since 2010/11 season due to work and just pick and choose games round my schedule. However in the coming weeks i will be buying a season ticket, don't care what league we are in.

12 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Poor comparison, simply because if I could buy that house for circa £400 then the answer is yes.

You need to let your brain do the work for you. 

Why would anyone be hesitating based on what league we might be in.  Support the club or don't.  Simple

So next season.

What league will we be in?
How many teams will be in that league?

Who else will be in that league if they can survive this financial melt down?
iIts admirable to buy a ST now not knowing what the future will be. 
As I said earlier they should have been sold as a deposit with a albeit small additional fee when the outcome is known. 

2 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Why would anyone be hesitating based on what league we might be in.  Support the club or don't.  Simple

You are buying not knowing what league you will be in or even how many teams will be in that league. 
We have jump the gun by selling a ST now for some unknown future. There may not even be a next season if this current pandemic is not ended. 

Buying a ST has got nothing to do with discounts. This year it is simply about supporting the team you love and making sure it comes out of this nightmare. 

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

You need to let your brain do the work for you. 

Really? You’re the one on another thread spouting about not wanting Hearts to rely on the Celtic “pund”, but in the same breath don’t want to stump up for a season ticket to potentially finance it (when in reality the season ticket money is to help the club actually survive).

As I’ve already said there are a few hypocrites appearing on this thread. 

2 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

You are buying not knowing what league you will be in or even how many teams will be in that league. 
We have jump the gun by selling a ST now for some unknown future. There may not even be a next season if this current pandemic is not ended. 

The only thing I need to know is that Hearts will be playing anyone at Tynecastle and i'll be there.

I ask myself these questions.

What team have I supported since I was a child? Answer: Hearts

Did I fight to retain my club during and after administration? Yes

Will I continue to donate to Foundation of Hearts? Answer: Yes

Has Ann Budge made mistakes during her tenure? Answer: Yes

Do I always agree with players and others employed by the club? Answer: No

Will I support Hearts 'til I die? Answer: Yes

Would I know what to do with myself on a Saturday if I didn't go to Tynecastle? Answer: No

Will I go next year if they are in the Championship? Answer: Yes

Will I be buying a season ticket for next season? Answer:YOUR DAMN RIGHT I WILL.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I wont be supporting the SPFL in any shape or form until I have a result that is not death by proxy.

No from me, continue to support the FoH though

I will go this way as well. 

Scottish football can go **** itself sideways. 

I'll get Barca TV (is that a thing?) or somthing. 

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

For me it's about the governing body and Scottish football being corrupt beyond even what I thought possible. 

Us being good, shite, championship or whatever doesn't come into it for me, but I'm at my limit with Scottish football in general. 

I'm being tested. 

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Really? You’re the one on another thread spouting about not wanting Hearts to rely on the Celtic “pund”, but in the same breath don’t want to stump up for a season ticket to potentially finance it (when in reality the season ticket money is to help the club actually survive).

As I’ve already said there are a few hypocrites appearing on this thread. 

I will stump up as you put it when I see an end game to this current situation. 
I currently pledge and will be happy to see my pledge support the Club financially if required. 
When we have a programme of future games published detailing who we are playing and in what league then I will purchase a ST. 
It not hypocritical it’s common sense based on what I know. Right now like you I don’t know the future. 
Add in the SPFL shambles to the equation that is going on right now then I’ll use my judgement as to how I support the club. Buying a ST for something that may or may not be happening won’t be happing from me. 

Edited by Dannie Boy
Correction

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Fort Vallance said:

I reckon I've saved enough being stuck in the house for the last month to cover mine. 

Same. In fact having found out how much booze you can buy for a couple of rounds  in the pub or a bottle of wine in a restaurant I may soon be ahead of the game

jamboiain13
2 hours ago, heartsfc_fan said:

10% discount no matter what league we are in.

Fair enough. Not sure what else they can really do at this time.

waive the effin Admin Fee would also be a good idea tbh.
I renewed just now but to add the £1.50 sticks in ma craw and is feels like a slap in the face.  For all the reasons already noted regarding uncertainty of which league we will be in or even whether the season will begin in August etc I think many of us will be holding out till the picture is a bit clearer.  If we end up expelled from the premiership I think 20% would have been more enticing

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

We should tell them to shove their cup. 

Agreed. The idea of Celtic celebrating another trophy even after the season looks like being brought to an end to guarantee them the previous one is nauseating. If the season is called over it should be over. 

Francis Albert

Seems reasonable to me ... not a hard sell but (yet) another appeal to our goodwill (these need stop sometime if and when we get back to normal) Timings and assurances mean there is no real pressure otherwise to move quickly.Did I miss it or was the usual appeal not to pay by credit card because of its cash flow impact missing?

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I will renew, but won’t rush. Time to see how things pan out. The club could easily go into administration again.

And more easily of no-one responds to the latest appeal ... I will because I can afford it and have already saved in various ways from the lock down and probable abandonment of this season. The pension is a bit of a worry though but what the hell ....

Edited by Francis Albert