Season Tickets On Sale

Sooperstar

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

I believe they have some early bird scheme so suppose they will sell a fair number

They also know what league they will be playing in to be fair

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooperstar

• soonbe110

• Ethan Hunt

• jr ewing

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

The SPFL prize money will be getting paid out soon. I would imagine we have working capital to tide us over for another month or two until we see how things pan out. FOH money. Go into overdraft for a month or two. Anything is better than releasing season tickets now! 

No real thought for the fans. 

It's not compulsory. If you don't want to buy don't. 

Most fans will see it as a donation. 

I don't think the people who have renewed are all that bothered. We all know the score about how long we will have to wait to see any football. 

The only people who are complaining are the people who have no intention of purchasing and if they are not purchasing its none of their business. 😏

durhamhearts

I want to renew but I want to get the seat next to me for my Niece who has decided to return after letting her season ticket lapse last season for personal reasons, but E Tickets only allow me to renew I cant purchase any more seats  I think I know the answer but do I have to wait until general sale to buy both?? I thought in todays climate that non season ticket holders could buy seats too it is after all a much needed cash injection 

Hungry hippo
51 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Lochenders hit 4K, is Ron giving them away!!

Been on sale for around 3 weeks plus they know which division they'll be playing in.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Thousands of Hearts fans are in a potentially disastrous financial position. I’ve been furloughed and I’m in a sector that will be last to come back to normal, if it ever does. The furlough system, as welcome as it is, isn’t going to save all companies from going bust so there is a chance I’ll not have a job to go back to. I’ve also lost a small side business that took years to build up so that income has gone possibly  forever and definitely for the next year

There is no danger I can justify a ST for a season that might never happen And certainly no time soon and no chance I can up my FOH, in fact it’s probably going to have to go soon.

But of rambling way of saying that the safety net of fans bailing the club out as we have in the past simply won’t be there to the extent that might be required if we’re going to have to go 6 months further with no income

Agree it’s tough times. However if even half the usual suspects renew that would raise about £2.5m that would be a big part of the club surviving until this is over. Add in the FoH money which together with any govt scheme help and players taking pay cuts and we would be able to survive for many months without other income. Would also imagine Sky will have to stump up some money in advance if they want a product to show when this is over. 

davemclaren

Thousands of Hearts fans are in a potentially disastrous financial position. I’ve been furloughed and I’m in a sector that will be last to come back to normal, if it ever does. The furlough system, as welcome as it is, isn’t going to save all companies from going bust so there is a chance I’ll not have a job to go back to. I’ve also lost a small side business that took years to build up so that income has gone possibly  forever and definitely for the next year

There is no danger I can justify a ST for a season that might never happen And certainly no time soon and no chance I can up my FOH, in fact it’s probably going to have to go soon.

But of rambling way of saying that the safety net of fans bailing the club out as we have in the past simply won’t be there to the extent that might be required if we’re going to have to go 6 months further with no income

I agree. Good luck. 

davemclaren
24 minutes ago, durhamhearts said:

I want to renew but I want to get the seat next to me for my Niece who has decided to return after letting her season ticket lapse last season for personal reasons, but E Tickets only allow me to renew I cant purchase any more seats  I think I know the answer but do I have to wait until general sale to buy both?? I thought in todays climate that non season ticket holders could buy seats too it is after all a much needed cash injection 

Non season ticket holders can but possibly not in one transaction. Maybe set up an account for her and buy it first then renew yours? 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Agree it’s tough times. However if even half the usual suspects renew that would raise about £2.5m that would be a big part of the club surviving until this is over. Add in the FoH money which together with any govt scheme help and players taking pay cuts and we would be able to survive for many months without other income. Would also imagine Sky will have to stump up some money in advance if they want a product to show when this is over. 

Sky are not getting any subscriptions just now for their sports channels and they won’t get them until football resumes. I’m not sure they will want to pay in advance.

Every single football player in the country should have been furloughed on 1st April to protect the business. Football clubs biggest expense is player salaries and it was a no brainer IMO

I think, because of FOH and a reasonable number of renewals we’ll be in a better place than most if this only goes on for a few more months. If we have to go to early next year before proper revenue through the gates starts again, we’re in serious trouble like just about every other club in the country 

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Not with the current TV contracts in place.  Clubs wouldn't be able to pay the players wages without the income.

Thought we had to start next season in August because of the new contract ?

7 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Thought we had to start next season in August because of the new contract ?

Does it say that in the contract with Sky or does it say they get X number of games of their choice with Celtic or Sevco away?

1 hour ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

They'll need to be open to renegotiation.  Sky will be keen to do something that gets live football on screen as soon as practically possible. Football will be able to resume a good bit ahead of football stadia being occupied in all likelihood

ST renewal is done so to provide the clubs with income rather than any expectation of taking your seat, sat least for a good while. Many people will be happy to renew. Many won't,  possibly through reduction in income or unemployment as a result of the prevailing uncertainty 

Sky have their contract, the only negotiation here is them getting more for the same money.

My sympathies do go out to those suffering in these difficult times, however.  It would be nice if our players led by example.

Edited by frankblack

East Lothian Jambo
4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Sky have their contract, the only negotiation here is them getting more for the same money.

My sympathies do go out to those suffering in these difficult times, however.  It would be nice if our players led by example.

Indeed it would. I do suspect that many of this lot are shite on every level 

Hectormasson

They also know what league they will be playing in to be fair

Correct , what I didnt like about our new season ticket  in the advert , was get a ticket now and be guaranteed a semi ticket v hibs ?      Does last seasons ticket not guarantee us one then ?   I know the club needs funds " but that was a bit shitty advertising a semi final ticket , if you purchase  early, kick in teeth to fans who have them from this season ???

17 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Correct , what I didnt like about our new season ticket  in the advert , was get a ticket now and be guaranteed a semi ticket v hibs ?      Does last seasons ticket not guarantee us one then ?   I know the club needs funds " but that was a bit shitty advertising a semi final ticket , if you purchase  early, kick in teeth to fans who have them from this season ???

Unlikely that we will get more than 6,000 new season ticket holders this summer so it was a fair incentive imo 

Can't see the point of getting a season ticket for next year after listening to Sturgeons briefing . 

Basically saying no sport till a vaccine is found and closed doors is out the question. 

1 hour ago, durhamhearts said:

Send an email to [email protected] with details of what season you want to buy and they will contact you. 

Clerry Jambo
19 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Even if the semi was played as scheduled anyone who wanted a ticket would have got one. There was no danger Hibs or Hearts were selling out imho 

I don’t think anyone renewing is actually doing so on the likelihood of watching live football in 2020.

We are doing it to support our club as they need to get through this 

Edited by PTBCAL

scottish_chicP

I have just renewed mine. I usually use the 10 monthly payment options but I have saved money on commuting and pubs/restaurants (mainly the latter) in the last 5 weeks, I have just bought it outright this time. 

jambo-in-furness

I got mine on the first day of sale with full knowledge that we might not be attending for the rest of 2020.

Im fortunate to be in a position (presently) where I can afford to look on it as a donation.

My ticket money is guaranteed to go to HMFC and not a Club owner,  I wonder if any of the 4K+ Hibs st buyers have taken this into account. Ron could withdraw his support when things get sticky and do a runner like Vlad did with my season ticket money paid in 2 days before admin.  That was a time of financial breakdown, as this is going to be.

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Indeed it would. I do suspect that many of this lot are shite on every level 

Looks that way !!!!

East Lothian Jambo
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Can't see the point of getting a season ticket for next year after listening to Sturgeons briefing . 

Basically saying no sport till a vaccine is found and closed doors is out the question. 

I think the expectation is that you renew in the knowledge that you won't be watching live football from your seat for a considerable period of time 

durhamhearts
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Non season ticket holders can but possibly not in one transaction. Maybe set up an account for her and buy it first then renew yours? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Dave she has an account she's been a season ticket holder for over 16 years just let last season lapse for personal reasons, I've tried using her log in as I manage both accounts but I don't get an option to buy on her log on yet the Hearts site says we can I've e mailed the address on the Hearts site provided last week no reply yet 

Graham Thomson
1 hour ago, durhamhearts said:

Dave she has an account she's been a season ticket holder for over 16 years just let last season lapse for personal reasons, I've tried using her log in as I manage both accounts but I don't get an option to buy on her log on yet the Hearts site says we can I've e mailed the address on the Hearts site provided last week no reply yet 

I emailed the ticket office last week, I have to say the service was excellent and everything sorted the same day. 

My mate, my uncle and myself all renewed.

durhamhearts
4 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

I emailed the ticket office last week, I have to say the service was excellent and everything sorted the same day. 

My mate, my uncle and myself all renewed.

Graham glad to here that, all I have ever received is impeccable service too I've sent another e mail I'm sure it will be sorted soon just disappointed E Ticket isn't allowing me to do what the Hearts site says I should be able to.

3 hours ago, Hectormasson said:

For a semi final that has a very high probability of never being played ?. Surely we have a marketing team that can come up with a more attractive inducement to buy right now. A free trip to corporate once a season for example and that’s right off the top of my head . 

Dagger Is Back

With todays announcement from NS, it will be interesting to see how ST sales continue over the coming weeks.  God knows when we'll start next year and if behind closed doors. Even when fans are allowed back, social distancing will likely apply. How will that be dealt with if x STs have been sold?

Just now, Dagger Is Back said:

With todays announcement from NS, it will be interesting to see how ST sales continue over the coming weeks.  God knows when we'll start next year and if behind closed doors. Even when fans are allowed back, social distancing will likely apply. How will that be dealt with if x STs have been sold?

She didn’t rule out closed doors football. In fact she stated it was very difficult but it could be And would be considered subject to it being 100% safe. Not her exact words but she didn’t rule it out. She DID rule out football with attendances though, possibly until we have a vaccine which is anything between 8 months and 18 months depending on where you do your reading 

11 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

Buying my season ticket for me personally had nothing to do with actually being able to go to a game. Why would it? Being ancient it will likely be some time before I can go back. But I want a team to support and watch regardless. If you can afford to buy then do so. 

Dagger Is Back
8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

She didn’t rule out closed doors football. In fact she stated it was very difficult but it could be And would be considered subject to it being 100% safe. Not her exact words but she didn’t rule it out. She DID rule out football with attendances though, possibly until we have a vaccine which is anything between 8 months and 18 months depending on where you do your reading 

No she didn't rule it out just talked about the difficulties attached i.e folks gathering to watch and it needed to be carefully considered. She's quoted on BBC saying that even when crowds are allowed back there will be social distancing until a vaccine is found.

There is no way that all of our clubs will survive this, no way

Dagger Is Back
5 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

Buying my season ticket for me personally had nothing to do with actually being able to go to a game. Why would it? Being ancient it will likely be some time before I can go back. But I want a team to support and watch regardless. If you can afford to buy then do so. 

Well done. Will be interesting to see how many others share that outlook

21 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

No she didn't rule it out just talked about the difficulties attached i.e folks gathering to watch and it needed to be carefully considered. She's quoted on BBC saying that even when crowds are allowed back there will be social distancing until a vaccine is found.

There is no way that all of our clubs will survive this, no way

No there isn’t. Especially those who never get shown live and don’t get any match fees over and above the distributed amounts. Those without the tech in place to stream the games live. Football in this country is going to need help from somewhere to get through this. The rich leagues in England apart it’s got a far better more valid case for government help than bloody Richard Branson has that’s for sure. it’s a major part of the fabric of the country

Dagger Is Back
2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

No there isn’t. Especially those who never get shown live and don’t get any match fees over and above the distributed amounts. Those without the tech in place to stream the games live. Football in this country is going to need help from somewhere to get through this. The rich leagues in England apart it’s got a far better more valid case for government help than bloody Richard Branson has that’s for sure. it’s a major part of the fabric of the country

Spot on. It's like a pebble getting dropped into a puddle. The resultant rings go on and on when you talk about football as an industry. Way beyond the pubs and clubs and chippies etc

What will be will be but the landscape is going to look oh so different in the months to come

Rocky jamboa
5 hours ago, luckydug said:

I don't think the people who have renewed are all that bothered. We all know the score about how long we will have to wait to see any football. 

The only people who are complaining are the people who have no intention of purchasing and if they are not purchasing its none of their business. 😏

It might end up being exactly that.

3 hours ago, durhamhearts said:

hi soonbe110 I've done that thanks hopefully get a response 

👍hope it works. The response time last week re season tickets was excellent. 

4 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

I don’t think anyone renewing is actually doing so on the likelihood of watching live football in 2020.

We are doing it to support our club as they need to get through this 

100% correct

Apart from the prize money for  finishing twelfth this year season ticket sales will be the only major income stream for the rest of 2020 as any form of attended football is unlikely until 2021.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, luckydug said:

Exactly this. People are supporting other businesses they like by doing whatever they can. Football fans will be no different.

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

For a semi final that has a very high probability of never being played ?. Surely we have a marketing team that can come up with a more attractive inducement to buy right now. A free trip to corporate once a season for example and that’s right off the top of my head . 

Exactly ,I thought it was a very cheap carrot to dangle in front of fans  that have dug deep.....

22 minutes ago, Hectormasson said:

Exactly ,I thought it was a very cheap carrot to dangle in front of fans  that have dug deep.....

once more cheap little digs from posters

You get something for nothing guaranteed and still there are moans

Do you not realise the position the club and indeed football in this country never mind around the world is in  ?

This is not the time to be a cheapskate and look for more

Image result for please sir can i have some more

Edited by CJGJ

credit card
On 14/04/2020 at 19:12, credit card said:

I see a lot, lot, lot wrong with this. Football is not starting anytime soon. How can it when there is no proper Covid 19 testing and no vaccine for a best estimate of  between 12 to 18 months. 

Will we begin to do what Germany and Spain are doing and play behind closed doors first? I guess so but when will it start and for how long? 

Will social distancing apply when fans are allowed in? Will there be a 3 seat gap between all fans reducing capacity by 75% so only 5,000 fans will get in. Will the queue snake from Wheatfield Street to Luckies? Will mandatory temperature checks be needed before being allowed in?

How will public transport operate? How will supporters buses work? Social distancing for corporate facilities?

Who of us will still have their job? Who will have a job but with less hours and less pay? Don't think for one minute that income tax won't be increased by a heck of a lot to cover the "staying at home" period. It will - big time. What happens if Pandemic 2 happens?

All of these unanswered questions against the backdrop of a bunch of grossly underperforming players who are expecting us to stump up just 10% less than we paid out for this unfinished season (and maybe for a league below).

Ann needs to get focused on the now not months ahead. Go for Dundee's jugular and get the SPFL articles changed to get the immediate pay out to tick the club over just now but don't insult the intelligence of a support that have always backed the team to the hilt by asking us to fork out right now - for actually what? If the club runs out of money then so will most other clubs.

European places? Another SPFL joke on this vote. Oh aye bet loads of teams want to draw Atalanta in Bergamo anytime in the next year or so.....by the way I will still end up getting my ticket because like most Jambos I'm daft too. 

I wrote this a week ago and got verbals from Ethan Hunt. It turns out based on Nicola Sturgeon's comments today I wasn't a million miles away in terms of next season.

The consensus on here now is season ticket money is going to be more of a donation.

Why didn't Queen Ann not work that out too? Far too many questions were unanswered about next season and instead of conning the intelligence of supporters like a lot of other clubs have done she could've come clean and said we are not sure what is happening - so give us say £100-£200 to tide us over please? A deposit or donation. OK some Jambos asked her to put STs on sale but there was an opportunity to show integrity and honesty by saying whoa there folks it isn't right to sell them just now.

Don't think for a minute by the way that other clubs bar Celtic are not in dire straits either. They most definitely are. No gate money, no corporate day income, no advertising income, no club merchandise money, no use of meeting/conference facilities/catering/parking/programme sales will all hit clubs hard.

Football is about to undergo very major open heart surgery. Fluffy player deals will be a thing of the past. Importantly we will be even more at the mercy of the TV companies as this will become proportionately a  much higher income stream. Even less Saturday 3 p.m. kick offs? (unless we are in the Championship) 

Our "donations" though will count big time to see us through. HHGH.

3fingersreid

Given that a lot of people will be reluctant to renew given the comments from the First Minister regarding crowds and a vaccine , would it be an idea to allow people to reserve their usual seats for say £75 ( first figure that came to my mind) ? 
I dare say one of the reasons people renew the same seat year after year is they feel comfortable with those around them and will probably help to get tickets sold when some form of normality returns . 

5 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Given that a lot of people will be reluctant to renew given the comments from the First Minister regarding crowds and a vaccine , would it be an idea to allow people to reserve their usual seats for say £75 ( first figure that came to my mind) ? 
I dare say one of the reasons people renew the same seat year after year is they feel comfortable with those around them and will probably help to get tickets sold when some form of normality returns . 

Think this is an excellent idea mate and seems a fair amount.

19 minutes ago, credit card said:

I wrote this a week ago and got verbals from Ethan Hunt. It turns out based on Nicola Sturgeon's comments today I wasn't a million miles away in terms of next season.

The consensus on here now is season ticket money is going to be more of a donation.

Why didn't Queen Ann not work that out too? Far too many questions were unanswered about next season and instead of conning the intelligence of supporters like a lot of other clubs have done she could've come clean and said we are not sure what is happening - so give us say £100-£200 to tide us over please? A deposit or donation. OK some Jambos asked her to put STs on sale but there was an opportunity to show integrity and honesty by saying whoa there folks it isn't right to sell them just now.

Don't think for a minute by the way that other clubs bar Celtic are not in dire straits either. They most definitely are. No gate money, no corporate day income, no advertising income, no club merchandise money, no use of meeting/conference facilities/catering/parking/programme sales will all hit clubs hard.

Football is about to undergo very major open heart surgery. Fluffy player deals will be a thing of the past. Importantly we will be even more at the mercy of the TV companies as this will become proportionately a  much higher income stream. Even less Saturday 3 p.m. kick offs? (unless we are in the Championship) 

Our "donations" though will count big time to see us through. HHGH.

Even if we are in the championship Saturday games will be even less if BBC renew their contract for Friday night games. Based on this season the top team(s) will play then every other week

It irksome in the extreme that the revenue we have at are our disposal is being used in part to pay the salary of a certain Craig Levein.  

We have become used to paying for him doing very little.  Now he is being paid to do precisely nothing.

Wouldn't it be some compensation for the position he left us in by foregoing the rest of his salary?

Angry.