New kits (third strip pre-order now available)

Angel eyes

44 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

The pic you sent looked like leopard spots as it changed the perspective. 

The pic in question I still think you could say it looks like scales. It could look like cobbles as well but it’s a push to say that’s what it is. 

If this our retort to Hibs map of the city last year abs whatever their slogan was it’s a ducking awful one. 

It looks like cobbles because it is the same pattern . No animal on the planet has scales that look like that , it is not a natural pattern for skin on any animal 

Thinking it looks shit is fine and all about taste . I like it my self . It looks nothing like a leopard or a reptile though , that is just patently untrue 

Edited by Sooks

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• Sertse

• tian447

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LarrysRightFoot
26 minutes ago, Benny Factor said:

Do you not like the new top @LarrysRightFoot????? You should have said!

😂 

The body of it is fine if unspectacular. The sleeves however….

It pisses me off when we gave shit tops as I cannot understand how they get signed off. 

I mean that last Championship shirt, wtf were they thinking. 

LarrysRightFoot
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

It looks like cobbles because it is the same pattern . No animal on the planet has scales that look like that , it is not a natural pattern for skin on any animal 

Thinking it looks shit is fine and all about taste . I like it my self . It looks nothing like a leopard or a reptile though , that is just patently untrue 

It only looked like a leopard print in your pick. I still think it looks like scales with a white snail trail. It’s rotten. 

We know Umbro have decent templates this season this is the cr@p we go with. 

8 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

I mean that last Championship shirt, wtf were they thinking. 

Thinking something different to you obviously, but that doesn't make it 'wrong'.

Give it a year, there'll be another shot along presently. Maybe they'll consult you on that one. Life, and a football season is too short to be too bothered mate.

LarrysRightFoot
9 minutes ago, Daktari said:

Thinking something different to you obviously, but that doesn't make it 'wrong'.

Give it a year, there'll be another shot along presently. Maybe they'll consult you on that one. Life, and a football season is too short to be too bothered mate.

Don’t you worry I’ll be in touch with the club regards this. Someone is trying to sabotage us from the inside. 

1 hour ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Don’t you worry I’ll be in touch with the club regards this. Someone is trying to sabotage us from the inside. 

Wagner Hearts staging a coup :rofl:

LarrysRightFoot
18 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Wagner Hearts staging a coup :rofl:

They were but they’ve gave up 

Cruickie's Moustache

Football kits these days are like  what they used to say about a Ken Dodd show.

You may not like all the jokes but if you hang around one will come along quick enough that will tickle your fancy.

LarrysRightFoot
23 minutes ago, WheatfieldWarrior said:

The sleeve pattern chat! :laugh2: you lot could have a row in an empty hoose!

No we couldn’t!

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

The pattern is from the badge no? No idea why it's working folk up though. 

I think the bricks are from the part of the badge that symbolises the Castle, yes

PhoenixHearts
30 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think the bricks are from the part of the badge that symbolises the Castle, yes

The bricks are based on the cobbles and setts in the mosaic on the royal mile which leads up to the castle which is made of stone bricks and built upon a rock, which is likened to our defense in the lyrics of our famous song which we sing at our stadium which many liken to a fortress, which are commonly made of brick.

Edited by PhoenixHearts

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

The bricks are based on the cobbles and setts in the mosaic on the royal mile which leads up to the castle which is made of stone bricks and built upon a rock, which is likened to our defense in the lyrics of our famous song which we sing at our stadium which many liken to a fortress, which are commonly made brick.

I think the bricks are based on the central part, which I always considered to be symbolic of the Castle

heart-of-midlothian-logo-A74A652288-seek

ShortmanRossco
5 hours ago, been here before said:

Yet another thread spammed by the board rash needing the last word.

Yet another been here before post trying to condescend another user. You hypocrite.

This must be the last year of our contract with Umbro now, will be interesting to see if we end up sticking with them for next year. So so glad we didn't get Joma.

Unknown user
17 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I know, cobbles are generally older, smaller, rounder and random in shape and size

No need to get personal!

Aussie Jambo
20 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

We had them a couple years ago did we not?

Not like the 70s ones we didn’t. The old hearts and Scotland umbro kit 78. Brilliant. 

Portable Badger
3 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Not like the 70s ones we didn’t. The old hearts and Scotland umbro kit 78. Brilliant. 

Absolutely hated those tops when I was a kid and still do.

Shite, Failure and Humiliation is all I associate with them. Never want us to have any top resembling them - ever.

Funny how one person’s favourite is another’s absolute nemesis !!

Unknown user
2 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Shite, Failure and Humiliation is all I associate with them. Never want us to have any top resembling them - ever.

I hate the silver umbro for the same reason

Percival King
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Yep, have to agree. Beautiful strip with the maroon shorts (but nothing special when worn with white shorts at the Tennents Sixes). Could have been a classic but those two Saturdays in 1986 killed any prospect of that. Happily never see it again.

Batistuta87
22 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think the bricks are based on the central part, which I always considered to be symbolic of the Castle

I always associated it with the cobbles that make up the Heart of Midlothian on the Royal Mile and with Edinburgh's cobbled streets including the ones right outside Tynecastle. The marketing tag "Our Streets" and what is clearly a cobble pattern on the sleeves suggests it's about the cobbled streets of Edinburgh belonging to us. Never associated it with the castle at all personally. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Batistuta87
5 hours ago, R9. said:

IMG_5205.jpeg

That's our European training top on the left. The one in the right but in a darker colour is sort of what I was hoping for as out home kit. The maroon v neck with the wee white trim is class and it looks like the 80s home tops. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Ricardo Quaresma
11 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I always just associated it with the cobbles that make up the actual Heart of Midlothian on the Royal Mile. Never associated it with the castle at all personally. 

I don't really know, bud; people that make crests are probably the same people that make coats of arms; they take related imagery and produce the design using that

There's nothing on wiki about it even though one of my repliers earlier was clearly going by the information there

Someone on here is bound to have looked into the Hearts badge history in detail; then there's the Mosaic on the High Street too; not the exact same thing and I prefer to think of our name coming from the dance hall, not the link to the tollbooth

ETA: Maybe the people involved in designing the top will disclose their inspiration for the bricks 🙂

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

5 hours ago, Portable Badger said:

Before my time , but I do always find it surprising that people get misty eyed over a period immediately after we were one of the best teams in Britain in the fifties and early sixties , when we fell so unbelievably low . I am glad I was born in 79 from that respect

Portable Badger
Just now, Sooks said:

Before my time , but I do always find it surprising that people get misty eyed over a period immediately after we were one of the best teams in Britain in the fifties and early sixties , when we fell so unbelievably low . I am glad I was born in 79 from that respect

Be fecking grateful for missing bas.tard flares as well !!!!

1 minute ago, Portable Badger said:

Be fecking grateful for missing bas.tard flares as well !!!!

I used to cut about in bellbottom jeans when I was in my early twenties . In the early 00s :lol: 

Portable Badger
Just now, Sooks said:

I used to cut about in bellbottom jeans when I was in my early twenties . In the early 00s :lol: 

I had to utilise hand me downs from all our neighbours as well !!!

These days parents would be on social media moaning like feck and getting some Crowd funding going as it’s demeaning kids of today not having brand new clothing especially charity stuff !!!

23 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I would guess the design is actually from the cobbles (or sets) that make up the Heart of Midlothian:

image.jpeg.f106a4238d024b3a035e0eb784ed37e1.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

I had to utilise hand me downs from all our neighbours as well !!!

These days parents would be on social media moaning like feck and getting some Crowd funding going as it’s demeaning kids of today not having brand new clothing especially charity stuff !!!

:lol:

Used to wear them with classic Adidas  gazelle trainers and classic Adidas tshirts . Just needed a moped and I would have been the coolest ****er in Gorgie :rofl: 

Portable Badger
3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

:lol:

Used to wear them with classic Adidas  gazelle trainers and classic Adidas tshirts . Just needed a moped and I would have been the coolest ****er in Gorgie :rofl: 

My mother died 10 years back and she kept everything. Like everything. The loft was so full my sister ended up just getting everything shipped over to her house in Glasgow and she’s decided she’d work her way through sorting it all out over time. She contacted me last year asking if I wanted my gym kit from school - I now nearing 60yrs old so they’ve been sat in my mother’s attic for some time. She described what was in my school kit bag so I told her just to give it to charity. It wasn’t until I was discussing it with pals a few weeks later that they informed me that the Dunlop Green Flash I had just told her to give away, are now trendy as feck and are going for several £00s on the t’internet  !!!  FFS - just my luck

1 minute ago, Portable Badger said:

My mother died 10 years back and she kept everything. Like everything. The loft was so full my sister ended up just getting everything shipped over to her house in Glasgow and she’s decided she’d work her way through sorting it all out over time. She contacted me last year asking if I wanted my gym kit from school - I now nearing 60yrs old so they’ve been sat in my mother’s attic for some time. She described what was in my school kit bag so I told her just to give it to charity. It wasn’t until I was discussing it with pals a few weeks later that they informed me that the Dunlop Green Flash I had just told her to give away, are now trendy as feck and are going for several £00s on the t’internet  !!!  FFS - just my luck

Weird eh , fashion man :lol:

Ricardo Quaresma
30 minutes ago, Heart&soul said:

I would guess the design is actually from the cobbles (or sets) that make up the Heart of Midlothian:

Well, I'm not convinced that it's from there; I'm convinced it's from our badge

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, Heart&soul said:

You tried 👍🏽👏🏾

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I genuinely can't decide anymore if this is just a bit you're doing.

If it's not, the new kit shoulder pattern is based on our badge which in turn is based on the mosaic.

Ricardo Quaresma
6 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

I genuinely can't decide anymore if this is just a bit you're doing.

If it's not, the new kit shoulder pattern is based on our badge which in turn is based on the mosaic.

Yes, I'm aware it has seemingly now drifted into semantics

I was wondering where a previous top that had a brickwork pattern on got the idea, because someone mentioned it earlier; I asked, but no reply

Have you actually followed the conversation from the cobbles on the current and previous badges, though? Because there's more context than the last few posts

The badges, not the sleeves

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

PhoenixHearts
1 hour ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yes, I'm aware it has seemingly now drifted into semantics

I was wondering where a previous top that had a brickwork pattern on got the idea, because someone mentioned it earlier; I asked, but no reply

Have you actually followed the conversation from the cobbles on the current and previous badges, though? Because there's more context than the last few posts

The badges, not the sleeves

-

Honestly my brain hurts.

This discussion is just no for me 😅

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Honestly my brain hurts.

We'll just have to find out from whoever knows about the design 😆

5 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Honestly my brain hurts.

Aye, it's blown my mind too. I just gave up.

"Whurs the bricks came from?"

"They're not bricks, it's from our badge, which is from the royal mile"

"Aye but the bricks"

It's no bricks, setts or cobbles. The shirt clearly pays homage to the Gorgie Fish Bar by decorating the sleeves with tattie fritters.

Ricardo Quaresma
30 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Aye, it's blown my mind too. I just gave up.

"Whurs the bricks came from?"

"They're not bricks, it's from our badge, which is from the royal mile"

"Aye but the bricks"

Don't blame me, I tried to wrap this up 2 feckin' days ago :rofl:

On 24/06/2023 at 16:19, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I'm on about the brick pattern on the sleeves; the white bits

Anyway, let's just bang the gavel on this for now; I will have a good look at the top later; I've been too busy to go and see it / buy it and I like it

People just keep quoting, without reading the full convo!

Batistuta87
9 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

That's what inspired the badge though. You can literally see the bricks round the edges and in the middle. 

Edinburgh has a huge association with cobbled streets, "Our streets" is the tagline, our badge is literally a tidied up, modern interpretation of the cobbled mosaic which is on a cobbled street and the pattern on the shirt is clearly cobbles. 

Nae need to look into it any further bud 🤣 - its cobbles, Edinburgh, the Heart, etc etc.

Aussie Jambo
16 hours ago, Smithee said:

Oh I do too. I was at that fecking game. Fat Hibs *******. I just remember that your hair stuck up in the air with static electricity if I wore my Hearts Scotland or Liverpool top. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to New kits (third strip pre-order now available)