New kits (third strip pre-order now available)

Angel eyes

Hectormasson
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Underwhelmed considering it's the 150 year kit. Any other year I'd be all for it. Expected a bit more effort. 

ditto...

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• Sertse

• tian447

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MattyK82 said:

Smart. Not too much fuss. Understated with subtle design hints on the sleeves. Like it 👍

Not sure if the resident fashion police will allow us to actually wear it though :thumbsup:

Apparently the third shirt will be the world's first interactive shirt.

Starts as red, blue and white hoops. First wash turns it pink. Second wash turns it maroon. 

Pasquale for King
53 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

New top looks great - mean colour ....needs same colour shorts with white socks 

You’re just trolling now 😆😜

Pasquale for King
Just now, yorkjambos said:

Apparently the third shirt will be the world's first interactive shirt.

Starts as red, blue and white hoops. First wash turns it pink. Second wash turns it maroon. 

About time we beat Hibs to something 😱🤔🤣🤪

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Is it available in the club shop today???

Yeah says it in the link 

Mr Elwood P
53 minutes ago, tian447 said:

It's possible that we'll have a Home, Away, Third, and Anniversary shirt this year. 

Third for Europe, Anniversary for a handful of games over the season. 

I would love to see the seethe from the permaragers if we released 4 kits this season :lol:

Be an absolute riddy having a strip for Europe when we're likely going to play one tie.

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

52 years old, a tad overweight, bald as a coot, and ordered the new top just now, let the seethe commence! 

FT fashion fuds :verysmug:

I’ve got hair but I identify with all the rest, may well go round and get it today 😆

Solid and unspectacular for me. Not going to be a top that when you look back will stand out.

The away tops are where you can generally go a bit crazy. A white reverse of that top would be the most boring thing imaginable.

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Be an absolute riddy having a strip for Europe when we're likely going to play one tie.

Might get Arbroath or Stenhousemuir in the cup :lol:

A_A wehatethehibs
51 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Umbro said it was this year

I feel there’s room for more than 1 thing. Maybe 3rd kit this season is commemorative. Then next season on the home kit maybe a historical badge, as we did for 2014-15 100th anniversary of mcraes 

55 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Umbro said it was this year

Our Centenary season was 1974 so I’d suggest Umbro are wrong 

I ordered online at 11.15 and just got the email to say it's been shipped, clubstore staff are earning their wages today !  

19 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Home should always be minimalist, imo.

Away tops are for weirdness and creativity.

Also, nice to see underwhelmed made it on to this thread, 5 mins after release. I really don't know what people want from a home top, other than plain and maroon.

Agreed, only thing that should ever change is the trim/collar & then just subtle details. When we go OTT adding big white patches on the sides/sleeves etc it always looks very "diddy team" to me imo

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Solid and unspectacular for me. Not going to be a top that when you look back will stand out.

The away tops are where you can generally go a bit crazy. A white reverse of that top would be the most boring thing imaginable.

Only so much you can do with the home top, Umbro haven’t strayed to far from the norm. 
Lookung forward to the other two now, hopefully one a bit crazy as you say and gets folk talking 😆

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We had a lovely top we wore against Red Star Belgrade in 1996. Maybe League cup final too?

EF091AFA-034B-4650-A443-DF655EE3024C.jpeg

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Cheers, just about there anyway. 

Put a long sleeve XL behind the GK tops for me 😜

10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Only so much you can do with the home top, Umbro haven’t strayed to far from the norm. 
Lookung forward to the other two now, hopefully one a bit crazy as you say and gets folk talking 😆

Absolutely. A nice bit of away top seethe is good for the forum 

:laugh:

35 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Easily embarrassed are you?

36 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That's not a club decision. It's UEFA rules.

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

76F22891-E3FC-403D-851E-3730D5E5E1B5.jpeg

Will get accused of being negative, it's just a question - why do they close for stocktake after getting the new kits in? Wouldn't you do it prior to a big supplier delivery and what would likely be a very busy sales day post-kit launch?

Edited by Taffin

1 hour ago, AuldReekiee said:

Umbro have made some crackers for us but this is quite shit. 

I know what you mean. It's not bad, but it looks a bit 'Puma' to me. Umbro don't tend to do overly plain shirts IMO. Plain but usually enough intricate detail to make it stand out. I don't mind it, it's a run of the mill Heart shirt, but not particularly eye catching either bar the cobbles on the sleeves.

I did expect a bit better from Umbro personally. I'm a sucker for a collared shirt, and genuinely thought they'd go down that route with a more retro affair.

Like the sleeves idea (even mooted it last year on one of the kit threads back then), mixes it up a wee bit from the traditional styles of late, without going OTT. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
9 minutes ago, Homme said:

Leave them be. I love these type of threads.

Let the seething commence.

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Will get accused of being negative, it's just a question - why do they close for stocktake after getting the new kits in? Wouldn't you do it prior to a big supplier delivery and what would likely be a very busy sales day post-kit launch?

I’m guessing they wanted a quick launch after delivery and slow summer so didn’t actually have time to check/verify the delivery. Will be a busy weekend so they will do all that on Monday. 

Mr Elwood P
14 minutes ago, Homme said:

Which strip was the European strip last season?

Mr Elwood P
19 minutes ago, Ked said:

Easily embarrassed are you?

No. Just think having a 'European' strip would look a bit silly if we're out in August. 'Third kit' a safer bet ...

HeartsandonlyHearts

I hope the third kit blows us away or is at least another version of our recent black kit. Absolutely loved that top.

12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Which strip was the European strip last season?

We had 3 registered strips last season.

Home, Away, and the Third kit from the season before.

It's even *still* on the Club Store as both year's third kit.  21/22 & 22/23:

thirdshirt.png

Edited by tian447

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to New kits (third strip pre-order now available)