Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Yeah I just went over it again. 

She was sounding a bit stretched and unsure at times about the contract issues.  Soon as they mentioned us possibly getting relegated, she pepped up and sounded more staunch and strong in her point that they wont get away with-out legal action.  

I am still angry about the wasters getting paid and still wanting a deferral.  Even though they don't have to get paid.  Sickens me!  Complete cheek going to the PFA, seems like they don't trust the club.  PFA got a cheek asking for account records as well.  Still no apology from the SPFA for letting Anne take the brunt of the article 12 abuse.  Might have missed that last one, but don't think they did.

Yeah she did sound a bit exasperated I think at having to explain it all again. She came over well though and everyone on the show praised her input. 

She’s revealed how good we’ve been to the players re the wages/bonus structure and this is how we are repaid? Do some of them actually think that they’re the only people who shouldn’t take a wage cut in all this? When football starts again, also depending on our fate, a lot of players are going to be free agents and these charlatans are going to be at the back of the queue when clubs are looking for new recruits. Maybe that’s why they want all the over inflated wages they get just now.

In the unlikely event they get to train in May and finish the season in June do they understand how bad the atmosphere will be. It’s bad enough to be where we are in the league, the rest just takes the biscuit.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

23 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Hearing Stendel is isolated and not well liked. Your last sentence worries me. 

If Stendel is chased from the club I will not return until every last one of the current first team squad have left. Fecking charlatans the lot of them.

SectionDJambo
12 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Yeah I just went over it again. 

She was sounding a bit stretched and unsure at times about the contract issues.  Soon as they mentioned us possibly getting relegated, she pepped up and sounded more staunch and strong in her point that they wont get away with-out legal action.  

I am still angry about the wasters getting paid and still wanting a deferral.  Even though they don't have to get paid.  Sickens me!  Complete cheek going to the PFA, seems like they don't trust the club.  PFA got a cheek asking for account records as well.  Still no apology from the SPFA for letting Anne take the brunt of the article 12 abuse.  Might have missed that last one, but don't think they did.

It’s time that Hearts fans got together in support of Ann Budge. Sure, she’s made mistakes in the past, but she’s also done a hell of a lot to guarantee our very existence. Her biggest fault has been trusting others who seem to have taken advantage of that trust.

There are more than enough agitators out there who have it in for Hearts, without Hearts fans joining in. Everything she does seems to be questioned and examined much more than the decisions of other clubs, in particular the ones who are deferring wages of players, when this could cause a major debt repayment for those clubs.

I’ve a feeling that we will have a different club at the other side of this catastrophe. This is a situation that is unique to this generation of humanity. Let’s give a bit of support to her instead of continually joining in the mischievous crap that the media and former footballers are spouting.

I don’t think I have ever disliked a group of players more that the wage thief’s we currently have at our club. Ashamed by them, obviously with a few exceptions. 

3 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It’s time that Hearts fans got together in support of Ann Budge. Sure, she’s made mistakes in the past, but she’s also done a hell of a lot to guarantee our very existence. Her biggest fault has been trusting others who seem to have taken advantage of that trust.

There are more than enough agitators out there who have it in for Hearts, without Hearts fans joining in. Everything she does seems to be questioned and examined much more than the decisions of other clubs, in particular the ones who are deferring wages of players, when this could cause a major debt repayment for those clubs.

I’ve a feeling that we will have a different club at the other side of this catastrophe. This is a situation that is unique to this generation of humanity. Let’s give a bit of support to her instead of continually joining in the mischievous crap that the media and former footballers are spouting.

:spoton:

You know what also sickens me.  It's the thought of because we don't know when the games/league/cup will get finished.  We have to keep a squad of players on the pay-roll and not furlough them.  They can't work on furlough.  I think I got that right.

GorgieRules22
4 minutes ago, flem said:

I don’t think I have ever disliked a group of players more that the wage thief’s we currently have at our club. Ashamed by them, obviously with a few exceptions. 

Can’t stand the *******s to be honest, two league wins in a season, now demanding full pay during a pandemic

The FOH should put together a video of fans who have suffered as a result of this virus - in whatever way - post it on social media, FAO of the players and with the message at the end 

“To all Hearts players, WE are the club and will be here much longer than you.

We are all in this together?”

Shame the *****

Edited by Jammy T

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

The FOH should put together a video of fans who have suffered as a result of this virus - in whatever way - post it on social media, FAO of the players and with the message at the end 

I remember John Greig once said that players will come and go, but the fans, of any club, will be there always and are the most important people at any club.

He was bang on right, in my opinion.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

You know what also sickens me.  It's the thought of because we don't know when the games/league/cup will get finished.  We have to keep a squad of players on the pay-roll and not furlough them.  They can't work on furlough.  I think I got that right.

She is going to furlough them, discussions go on to also take a 30% cut. Like all of us they will be expected to be ready to go back to work when it’s possible. Aberdeen seem to have their players phoning round ST holders asking them to renew, which is construed as work. 

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Shame the *****

Great idea. 

Woops! Yeah haha  Yeah I didn't think about the re commencing of the league part.  Donut <

Edited by HMFC01

Queen Ann you are not perfect, you make mistakes, but we all do! But we know that everything you do is with the  best of intentions to make HMFC continue to be the greatest football club in the world!

We love you - HHGH

13 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I’m with you on this.

Are the benefactors not the link to the displaying of support for Save the Children on the club jerseys?

In which case it’s similar to sponsorship money, which is really no different to other clubs.

No, the benefactors have given the club significant amount of money towards the main stand and also others wages.   Try not be a hermit and agree for sakes being. 

16 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Queen Ann you are not perfect, you make mistakes, but we all do! But we know that everything you do is with the  best of intentions to make HMFC continue to be the greatest football club in the world!

We love you - HHGH

:lol: 

Ricardo Shillyshally
12 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

:lol: 

Like most rockets...you need launched out of here.

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

If Stendel is chased from the club I will not return until every last one of the current first team squad have left. Fecking charlatans the lot of them.

I doubt even an Alex Ferguson from the 70's /80's would get a tune out of this lot without them spitting the dummy out.

Players have way too much power these days and tbh they are overly protected by the transfer system and contracts. 

We should scrap that transfer system so that players know they can be launched and replaced the following day if they don't like how things are done. Get with the programme or **** 📴.

SectionDJambo
35 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

No, the benefactors have given the club significant amount of money towards the main stand and also others wages.   Try not be a hermit and agree for sakes being. 

So who pays for the Save the Children then?

The tooth fairy?

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Last Laff said:

I wonder about you sometimes, what Hearts fan doesnt know the benefactor's behind the STC deal?

SpruceBringsteen
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

I doubt even an Alex Ferguson from the 70's /80's would get a tune out of this lot without them spitting the dummy out.

Players have way too much power these days and tbh they are overly protected by the transfer system and contracts. 

We should scrap that transfer system so that players know they can be launched and replaced the following day if they don't like how things are done. Get with the programme or **** 📴.

I'd rather have 11 Ross Callachans than 11 Loic Damours. We'd get relegated with either, but at least I'd care if one of those teams was involved in an air crash, and it'd be a shitload cheaper.

I see mega rich EPL footballers are using funding for the NHS for not taking a wage cut.

Well hopefully the Governments put their tax up to 80%. That should help the NHS, problem solved.

TyphoonJambo
7 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Great post

Was speaking to a mate last night who is involved at govt level with planning.

He reckons January earliest before we have any kind of antibody and until then a level of restrictions will remain which may well include continued prohibition of large gatherings.

Don't underestimate this thing.

Sounds to me that Ann is building a bunker while others are making tinfoil hats.

Wow, no wonder we have had full squads be absolutely awful with zero incentive to improve. Doing away with win bonuses, appearance and goal bonuses. Players knew they had to do literally the bare minimum to guarantee full wages. 

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I see mega rich EPL footballers are using funding for the NHS for not taking a wage cut.

Well hopefully the Governments put their tax up to 80%. That should help the NHS, problem solved.

The bit from the PFA, reported on BBC this morning, where they say they are in fact doing the NHS a great favour because the wage cuts would mean 200 million less in taxes. For me it made them look even worse, bringing into some perspective just how much they re getting. If they didnt take the wages in full the clubs could pay their support staff, not use up national furlough resources and the staff keep paying PAYE. Thanks rich clowns but no thanks.  

7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

The bit from the PFA, reported on BBC this morning, where they say they are in fact doing the NHS a great favour because the wage cuts would mean 200 million less in taxes. For me it made them look even worse, bringing into some perspective just how much they re getting. If they didnt take the wages in full the clubs could pay their support staff, not use up national furlough resources and the staff keep paying PAYE. Thanks rich clowns but no thanks.  

I can't see those comments from the PFA doing their players any favours, only digging themselves deeper into the hole they are already in.

A very poor attempt to win the public's hearts and minds.

Nookie Bear
23 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Is that not true, though?

Cutting wages and ensuring support staff get full salaries only serves to minimise the loss to the club. Unless the clubs are literally writing a cheque to the NHS the money saved does not benefit anyone but the club. 

I don’t believe that an EPL club should be using government money to pay their support staff at this time, however. They can afford to maintain their salaries for some time. 

gashauskis9
25 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Just shows footballers up as being as thick as they are often portrayed.  We’d do the NHS a bigger favour by just redirecting a proportion of footballer salaries straight to them now rather than waiting for the tax system to sort it out.  

Nookie Bear
10 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Just shows footballers up as being as thick as they are often portrayed.  We’d do the NHS a bigger favour by just redirecting a proportion of footballer salaries straight to them now rather than waiting for the tax system to sort it out.  

You can’t just target a portion of society for money grabbing. Yes we would like to think the players would be more aware of the immediate impact their wealth could have but they are taxed heavily for this very purpose, and have been for some time. 

The HS2 money could buy a lot of equipment for a start. 

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

You can’t just target a portion of society for money grabbing. Yes we would like to think the players would be more aware of the immediate impact their wealth could have but they are taxed heavily for this very purpose, and have been for some time. 

The bail out cash will eventually have to be made up for. I wouldn't be surprised if projects like HS2 take a hit. 

Nookie Bear
15 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Real shortage of PPE for front line NHS staff, then do the maths...1f92c.png1f92c.png
Image may contain: 1 person, text

Ernst & Young calculated that, in 2013-14 the EPL contributed over £6bn in tax receipts to the UK govt. 

I am sure the players could stand to suffer a couple of percent increase in tax but the game does contribute - what the government does with that cash is another matter. 

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

The bail out cash will eventually have to be made up for. I wouldn't be surprised if projects like HS2 take a hit. 

Would be a silver lining if so imo

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

This particular portion of society, however, are sitting at home not working while still getting paid their millions, yet their colleagues in the office are being forced to take a 20% pay cut, while us as taxpayers pay the 80% they are getting.  It’s disgusting.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

This particular portion of society, however, are sitting at home not working while still getting paid their millions, yet their colleagues in the office are being forced to take a 20% pay cut, while us as taxpayers pay the 80% they are getting.  It’s disgusting.

I did say that the clubs - we are

talking EPL here - should not be using furlough. 

The players should be keeping fit, so they are “working” in a way. 

2 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Ernst & Young calculated that, in 2013-14 the EPL contributed over £6bn in tax receipts to the UK govt. 

I am sure the players could stand to suffer a couple of percent increase in tax but the game does contribute - what the government does with that cash is another matter. 

Did Ernst & Young calculate how much it will cost the country in dole etc payments if all clubs went bust because they foolishly continued to pay full wages with income sources cut off?

Nookie Bear

If people are so disgusted, you know what to do. 

Cancel Sky

Cancel BT Sport

Dont watch MoTD

Dont watch Champions Lge

Dont be a football tourist and enjoy a trip to the Emirates 

Dont buy their replica kits or buy them for your kids 

Easy, right?

43 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Maybe they should take into account that the 200 million they claim would be lost to the NHS, may well be about the same amount of money they are taking from the government (well taxpayer actually), to furlough non-playing and playing staff over the same time frame.

They are so out of touch.  Players I use to admire I now despise.

By their logic, the NHS would be in a much stronger position if only we paid footballers a lot more !!  Inspired !

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Did Ernst & Young calculate how much it will cost the country in dole etc payments if all clubs went bust because they foolishly continued to pay full wages with income sources cut off?

Assuming the players take a cut then the clubs should stay open for business. Is that not the point?

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Assuming the players take a cut then the clubs should stay open for business. Is that not the point?

They will certainly stay open for longer.

Siphiwe Tshabalala

I’m embarrassed to be a Hearts supporter, with those players representing US.

If they want full pay throughout this crisis, I’m expecting them to win all remaining games without hesitation. Will that happen? No, no it won’t happen. 

Arseholes.

gashauskis9
15 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I was targeting footballers because this is a football forum and a footballing discussion.  There are multiple industries that need to take a big look in the mirror over this.  I agree about HS2 wholeheartedly btw.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

They will certainly stay open for longer.

I am sure it can be reviewed over the time and then bigger cuts are enforced. And out of contract players will be released etc 

36 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Real shortage of PPE for front line NHS staff, then do the maths...1f92c.png1f92c.png
Image may contain: 1 person, text

She's raisin a good point

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I was targeting footballers because this is a football forum and a footballing discussion.  There are multiple industries that need to take a big look in the mirror over this.  I agree about HS2 wholeheartedly btw.

But it’s only football that is getting the attention, because everyone has been looking for this opportunity to give it a kick for some time. Which is Fair enough!

Personally I would be going after anyone involved in finance  earning >£100k - it’s payback time - and anyone involved in holistic therapies 😁

Ainsley Harriott
18 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Cancel Sky

Cancel BT Sport

Dont watch MoTD

Dont watch Champions Lge

Easy, right?

Bang on, other than following hearts I couldn't give a hoot about the plastic EPL. I dont subscribe to sky or BT when I watch football I do so by attending tynecastle. Too many weirdos in scotland that have an "english team" and pump money into their crap.

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I did say that the clubs - we are

talking EPL here - should not be using furlough. 

The players should be keeping fit, so they are “working” in a way. 

Lots of non professional sportsmen / women will be keeping fit at home.  Doesn’t mean they are working and clearly AB / her legal advisers don’t think so either or they wouldn’t be trying to furlough all playing staff since they wouldn’t qualify if they were deemed to be working.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Lots of non professional sportsmen / women will be keeping fit at home.  Doesn’t mean they are working and clearly AB / her legal advisers don’t think so either or they wouldn’t be trying to furlough all playing staff since they wouldn’t qualify if they were deemed to be working.

Keeping fit for a non-professional is not a basic requirement of their role so it doesn’t matter if they are training or not. 

I expect most footballers - even Hearts - are professional enough to keep training as much as they can but, if they are not deemed to be working then don’t be surprised to see a few extra pounds in weight when they return. 

gorgie rd eh11
4 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I'd rather have 11 Ross Callachans than 11 Loic Damours. We'd get relegated with either, but at least I'd care if one of those teams was involved in an air crash, and it'd be a shitload cheaper.

Air crash.

******g h***.

31 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Cancel Sky

Cancel BT Sport

Dont watch MoTD

Dont watch Champions Lge

Easy, right?

100% correct