Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, husref musemic said:

That's the key takeaway from that. so we could release who we want & it's been explained to them. And they've refused our offer.

Astonishing. absolutely astonishing.

No we can’t release them, that would have to be negotiated.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

3 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Yip, as usual folk slate Biscuits blah blah blah, but he was fair and positive there...

Pretty telling that how Ann Budge is dealing with things is respected. 

Fozzyonthefence

I was hoping that she would be on live and one of the idiots like McManus would be too (no idea if he even works for the BBC).

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Footballfirst

I think we can take it as read that AB will seek an interim interdict against the SPFL if they call the league with Hearts relegated.

Five to One
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Quick summary of Sportsound so far

Willie Miller, Dick Gordon & Alan Preston all agree that Aberdeen are fantastic, everything they do is brilliant and Cormack is just the best thing ever. Let's just ignore fantasy of building new ground, because that can be excused on grounds of virus, even though it is pie in the sky and they never had the money anyway.

Now whilst talking about Hearts, now we have the simple minded idiot Pat Bonner asking about Edouard and Celtic.

Anyway, back to Aberdeen and how great they are.

😂 This is spot on!

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Richard Gordon lobbing up the soft questions for Derek to knock out the park.

It was touched on in reaction to Ann Budge but the big question is - how are you going to avoid cuts to player salaries? 

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Quick summary of Sportsound so far

Willie Miller, Dick Gordon & Alan Preston all agree that Aberdeen are fantastic, everything they do is brilliant and Cormack is just the best thing ever. Let's just ignore fantasy of building new ground, because that can be excused on grounds of virus, even though it is pie in the sky and they never had the money anyway.

Now whilst talking about Hearts, now we have the simple minded idiot Pat Bonner asking about Edouard and Celtic.

Anyway, back to Aberdeen and how great they are.

Just the usual shite then.

Kidd’s Boots

I really have admired AB's stance on this whole issue, and her openness and honesty not just in this interview today. However, it is now glaringly obvious that when this issue is resolved, the immediate task the Board should undertake is appointing a strong Director of Football. 

husref musemic
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No we can’t release them, that would have to be negotiated.

shame.

"here's 50% take it or leave it" 👍

Italian Lambretta

I was quite impressed with Ann Budge her tone suggests we are going to fight these weegie wanks tooth and nail. 

All our fans need to unite and join that fight

1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

I think we can take it as read that AB will seek an interim interdict against the SPFL if they call the league with Hearts relegated.

She dismissed the Daily Record story as not being the current position. 

I would still refer to people saying UEFA looking to make final decisions on leagues in mid May. 

Dick Gordon was keen to dismiss the UEFA letter issue re European places being under threat if leagues are called complete by mumbling about how it would only really be two clubs affected.

Aye Dick.   Let's see you argue that line with the two clubs.      

Just now, Kidd’s Boots said:

I really have admired AB's stance on this whole issue, and her openness and honesty not just in this interview today. However, it is now glaringly obvious that when this issue is resolved, the immediate task the Board should undertake is appointing a strong Director of Football. 

Everything on the football side needs to change /be modernised. 

17 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

I think she is coming across pretty well. Honest and frank 

Yet there was no mention of the investment coming into the club by Benny? 

Malinga the Swinga
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Was different as Cormack was live. 

But Cormack was universally praised with nothing negative. 

Very difficult to be critical when sucking his cock as Miller, Gordon and Preston were doing. Gordon and Miller in particular were nauseating with brown nosing at a level unheard since the Walter Smith days.

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I was quite impressed with Ann Budge her tone suggests we are going to fight these weegie wanks tooth and nail. 

That was the encouraging part of the interview.  

22 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Fact check - AB on Sportsound - Hearts did not have £1m of football debts when AB took over. It was approx £535k

From the CVA proposal: 

FoH (or its nominee) will assume responsibility for settling the outstanding "football debts" of HoM plc, which are understood to be in region of £535,000.

I’m lost - who said we did? 

Horatio Caine
Just now, Last Laff said:

Pardon my ignorance, but who the hell is Benny??  What's Crossroads got to do with this?

What I took from Ann’s interview was that the players contracts are effectively suspended (article 12) not by Hearts, but by the automatically bush the suspension of the football. Therefore, Hearts are actually doing the players a favour they don’t need to by paying them at all. Which, kind of makes any position by the PFA untenable.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Very difficult to be critical when sucking his cock as Miller, Gordon and Preston were doing. Gordon and Miller in particular were nauseating with brown nosing at a level unheard since the Walter Smith days.

They studio didn’t get the chance to ask Budge questions as she didn’t come on live so they can draw their own conclusions.  

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Pity that the players didn’t join that fight.

McInnes just said the players realise it is a time to make a sacrifice and do the right thing, implying for the club and fans.

They are making no sacrifice, they are deferring wages. They want paid in full later.

Nobody pulled him up on it of course.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

I'll be commenting on the Aberdeen stadium thread. But again they never picked up on him suggesting crowd levels could be down and may not need 20,000 seat stadium. 

1 minute ago, Horatio Caine said:

Pardon my ignorance, but who the hell is Benny??  What's Crossroads got to do with this?

The mystery benefactors. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It was touched on in reaction to Ann Budge but the big question is - how are you going to avoid cuts to player salaries? 

It's a very risky strategy from Aberdeen, and any team deferring large salaries and attempting to keep players training and working. It's a massive gamble as there is no end date to this.

On top of that, the UK has been behind the curve with responding to the crisis compared with other European nations, and the UK is handling it especially badly. Senior government officials here couldn't even follow instructions to protect themselves from coronavirus. So any betting person would surely bet on the UK taking a long time to get out of this.

McInnes now saying we shouldn't be relegated. He's still a dick though.

Footballfirst
Just now, soonbe110 said:

AB said that she inherited £1m of football debts when she took over.

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Ann. Budge said it on the pre recorded Sportsound interview today. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Miller was hilarious. "This is huge news about players not being able to work or train if on furlough. Stunning news. No-one in clubs or in the studio knew that."

No, Willie, just you.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

They studio didn’t get the chance to ask Budge questions as she didn’t come on live so they can draw their own conclusions.  

Wouldn't have stopped them asking probing questions to Cormack. That was never going to happen though as Aberdeen above questioning.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Miller was hilarious. "This is huge news about players not being able to work or train if on furlough. Stunning news. No-one in clubs or in the studio knew that."

No, Willie, just you.

To be fair to Miller, he doesn't know what year it is never mind understand what has been reported for a couple of weeks.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Cheers missed that. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Perhaps she means this:

Those requirements include FoH injecting £1m into the club as soon as BIDCO take control for working capital and plugging funding gaps, including the payment of £535,000 of football debts which must be cleared to keep their SFA licence.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/latest-hearts-news/hearts-takeover-it-millionaire-bankrolls-deal-1545081

Can we not just give her a break and support her doing the best to keep a club going for us to support, instead of analysing every turn of phrase? She sounded quite under stress to me. 

3 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Mcinnes hopes our club isn’t relegated 

I have a lot of time for Mcinnes decent guy.

I slaughtered her yesterday so only fair I come back on and say I was wrong and got the wrong end of the stick. 

My take: 

The players are suspended so the club is working to save them from article 12, not threatening them with it, was how I took what she said. Some players have agreed to cuts, varying in %, some are still mulling it over and some aren’t willing to speak about anything other than deferral. I’d imagine that’ll not be unique to hearts and it sounds like we are getting closer to a solution. Staff have been overwhelmingly supported by the club and everything we seem to be doing is more focused on keeping them in jobs rather than keeping the players happy, a stance I like. Not hoping for miracles or hoping to be kept a float by investment groups etc, working still

towards handing over the club to the fans debt free. 

She seemed to have acknowledged that this big wage small bonus set up probably isn’t the right approach. Preston right to acknowledge that she has backed every manager and the position we find ourselves in, in terms of huge squad etc isn’t her fault entirely. 

Interesting to hear them discussing the fact that we can’t expect players to train and stay fit during the furloughed period due to the legal stance of them being furloughed. I wondered if some clubs have missed this. 

I am not a huge fan of the open and honest, doing our dirty laundry in public policy that we have under Budge but fair play to her for sticking to it. Nothing is hidden from us and wether you agree fully with what and how she works, I don’t doubt for a second she does it for the good of us. 

Well done Budge. 

Raith Rovers Chairman saying need £200,000 and expects to make loss for season. Supporters have raised £55,000.

In limbo re finances waiting for SPFL. Unhappy at no decision from UEFA - wanted decision to be devolved. So still waiting on UEFA. Suggests Daily Record story is definitely pish. 

Edited by Mikey1874

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

No, Willie, just you.

That's 3 weeks running  he has called out that as a businessman he understands the business side of things.

And 3 weeks needing to be corrected business wise.

I have definitely heard on one of the 3 previous Saturday Sportsounds what furlough exactly means in terms if no working for employer.

He has been on them all.

Edited by DETTY29

My biggest take away from the Budge interview was that we have a team of complete and utter mercenaries.

Don't train well enough to get picked? Full wages

Don't play well on the day and lose? Full wages

Injured and sitting in the stand? Full wages

Don't feel well and say you can't play? Full wages

Can't be arsed playing so claim you're not well? Full wages

Win 5 games in a full season? Full wages

And now it would seem they are fighting the club because they want their full wages.

It explains why we had so many injuries, it explains why those injuries took so long to recover from and it explains why that shower of shite have looked so disinterested for 18 months.

Budge takes the blame for that at the end of the day, as she admitted it was her who wanted such a structure, but the absolute brass neck of these players is astounding. Had a season ticket since I was 13, been 12 years straight now. I won't be going back until this squad and Levein is moved on and that hurts like hell but enough is enough.

Edited by Squirt

Just now, DETTY29 said:

That's 3 weeks running g he has called out that as a business he understands the businesd side of things.

I have definitely heard on one of the 3 previous Saturday Sportsounds what furlough exactly means in terms if no working for employer.

He has been on them all.

Willie Miller and business.    A long and sorry tale... for his creditors.

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, DETTY29 said:

That's 3 weeks running  he has called out that as a businessman he understands the business side of things.

He has been on them all.

It's genuinely funny. We're all learning new things just now, but furlough literally means leave of absence. I didn't know anything about it a couple of weeks ago but how could anyone who is both a businessman and someone expected to comment on these things on the radio not know the basics?

You can almost hearing the other presenters sighing when he speaks, but they never challenge him.

1 minute ago, Squirt said:

My biggest take away from the Budge interview was that we have a team of complete and utter mercenaries.

Don't score a goal in 10 games? Full wages

And now it would seem they are fighting the club because they want their full wages.

It explains why we had so many injuries, it explains why those injuries took so long to recover from and it explains why that shower of shite have looked so disinterested for 18 months.

Budge takes the blame for that at the end of the day, as she admitted it was her who wanted such a structure, but the absolute brass neck of these players is astounding. Had a season ticket since I was 13, been 12 years straight now. I won't be going back until this squad and Levein is moved on and that hurts like hell but enough is enough.

Ann said it's a mix 

1. Some accepting cuts 

2. Others to consider 

3. Some deferring to PFA

4. Some refusing 

3 and 4 want deferrals 

13 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

She mentioned benefactors and fans contributions early on in the conversation. 

If you are looking for figures that's never going to happen. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Squirt said:

Don't score a goal in 10 games? Full wages

They can only accept the contracts put in front of them to be fair. But it does mean they should feel some more obligation to the club, especially the injured players and the ones who know they've badly underperformed.

8 minutes ago, Sirudi said:

Pat Bonnar.

Wililie Miller.

2 reasons that the licence fee should be abolished.

Correct - horrific use of money to pay those clueless clowns.