Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If it's all over just point us in the general direction of a validated reference, not some hack's best guess..

This gives you up to June 2018, can’t past links in here just now.

A186F3FC-DC4E-4E38-8AF9-D09CAE10FEB2.jpeg

660675E6-CC65-423D-ACA0-6E87C67BC725.jpeg

025B62A5-9888-4441-B517-64C10A664FF5.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If it's all over just point us in the general direction of a validated reference, not some hack's best guess..

What’s your best guess?  How much do you think they have in the bank?  How much have Hearts in the bank?  What do you think Hibs will do with it?  Will they enforce wage cuts?  Does it really matter to you so much who has more in the bank and why?

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What’s your best guess?  How much do you think they have in the bank?  How much have Hearts in the bank?  What do you think Hibs will do with it?  Will they enforce wage cuts?  Does it really matter to you so much who has more in the bank and why?

If you can copy and paste this it will tell you

35A47DBE-9CCB-4C68-AA23-F0B4883F0BD0.jpeg

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

£106k, aw bless that wouldn’t pay their average players wage 😃, maybe cover Lewis Stevenson’s annual salary.

That’s still robbing them.  The guy is a complete buddy of a footballer. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Last Laff said:

That’s still robbing them.  The guy is a complete buddy of a footballer. 

I know and I will never know why we haven’t targeted him more to be honest. Closely followed by Hanlon, their combined derby record must be awful 😆🤪.

Gilberts Fridge
29 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I can’t see what this says as I refuse to click on that rag but if true then Cannae wait for the impending media and ex-footballer rage.

Don't worry, the weegia and pundits will blame it all on Hearts as " Cause Budge did it first it, ken, an forced guid scoatish clubs, ken, tae follow suite, ken, likesy" 

13 hours ago, Rods said:

HSL shareholders(if you can call them that) have decided to pump money into the club to help during this difficult time. 

I thought it would be a matter of time before the HSL money is trousered looks like it’s starting quicker than expected. 

Well it cant be used for anything else. SO they may as well use it to pay essential staff. 

9 hours ago, busby1985 said:

So no relegation, 14 team top flight and league called as it stands so that we can secure sponsorship funding. According to Tom English. 

How does a 14 team league work? Only play each other twice?  No other team will agree to that.  Old Firm games keep most team afloat and we cant have a 14 team league playing 4 times.   

11 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Village has lost its idiot again. 

And learn the meaning of the word weirdo 

The only weirdo is the sheep fan coming onto another fans messageboard and spouting shite. 

9 hours ago, Last Laff said:

It wouldn’t really.  Teams are in need of money desperately, the opportunity of losing a visit or two from the Glasgow bigots doesn’t really appeal to the likes of St Johnstone or Hamilton. 

Be no different to any other season as I’d imagine there would be a split. May end up playing 46 games. Would account for 8 we never got this year.

9 hours ago, Barack said:

Aww, ffs. Back in the lifeboats!

Wouldn’t worry about it. It’s the only likely solution on the table. Finishing as is and relegating us could be what the SPFL Board propose. It then needs an 11-1 vote amongst premiership clubs for it to happen I believe. If so I can’t see either us or Hamilton voting in favour. 
Calling it as it is and moving to top league of 14 appeases virtually everyone in the four leagues other than Rangers and Falkirk. 

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

The only weirdo is the sheep fan coming onto another fans messageboard and spouting shite. 

plus all the hobo jambos

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, RonnieG said:

How does a 14 team league work? Only play each other twice?  No other team will agree to that.  Old Firm games keep most team afloat and we cant have a 14 team league playing 4 times.   

Play each other twice, then split with 2 leagues of 7 and play each other twice again.  Still 38 games and a much fairer split than we currently have since every team would be guaranteed 19 home, 19 away and play every team an equal amount of times home and away.

8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It doesn't matter to me but it seems to matter to you because you keep quoting that H**s have more than us.

Unless all clubs did mini accounts just before COVID kicked in, and advertised the results, I don't know how you or anyone else can know what all clubs' respective positions are.

Edited by JamboAl

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Wouldn’t worry about it. It’s the only likely solution on the table. Finishing as is and relegating us could be what the SPFL Board propose. It then needs an 11-1 vote amongst premiership clubs for it to happen I believe. If so I can’t see either us or Hamilton voting in favour. 
Calling it as it is and moving to top league of 14 appeases virtually everyone in the four leagues other than Rangers and Falkirk. 

Why wouldn’t Hamilton vote for it?  They’d be safe as there won’t be any play offs.

And there will be lots of teams other than Rangers and Falkirk unhappy - off the top of my head, Dundee, Ayr, Airdrie or anyone else that has a realistic chance of reaching any of the promotion play offs.

Fozzyonthefence
3 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

It doesn't matter to me but it seems to matter to you because you keep quoting that H**s have more than us.

Unless all clubs did mini accounts just before COVID kicked in, and advertised the results, I don't know how you or anyone else can know what all clubs' respective positions are.

You seem to be getting worked up about the prospect of Hibs having more money in the bank than us for some strange reason.  Tell you what, why don’t you have a wager on it with me - we can base it on either the last published accounts or the next ones, your choice?

16 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

:rofl:

Thanks Sir Gio

Complete lack of comprehension and the irony is overwhelming

Every single one of your posts on this website is just:

”lack of comprehension” or “irony” and a wee smilie.

You bring absolutely **** all to the discussion and just attempt to troll Hearts supporters.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

4 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You seem to be getting worked up about the prospect of Hibs having more money in the bank than us for some strange reason.  Tell you what, why don’t you have a wager on it with me - we can base it on either the last published accounts or the next ones, your choice?

If you base it on last public accounts it's like having a wager on the score of the last Derby 😂...... I like your thinking though 😊

9 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

Looks like HSL is getting emptied then.  Not worth much anyway.  

It will be transformed in to a vehicle to pay Ron Gordon back for any money he puts in to infrastructure. He wants them to “pony up”. This has been his plan all along.

5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You seem to be making a point without any vestige of substance - just what you've heard.  That's like the SUN

You also don't seem to have been blessed with a great deal of financial brainpower re your stupid ill thought out bet. Firstly all clubs don't have same accounting date and secondly there is plenty of time between each club's accounting dates for a lot of water to flow under the bridge both ways.

What is the Sun saying today about us?

19 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why wouldn’t Hamilton vote for it?  They’d be safe as there won’t be any play offs.

And there will be lots of teams other than Rangers and Falkirk unhappy - off the top of my head, Dundee, Ayr, Airdrie or anyone else that has a realistic chance of reaching any of the promotion play offs.

If the season ends as it is then Hamilton will have to play-off. You can’t just have relegation and titles awarded without also having the play-offs. That would certainly never stand up in court. That’s why Hamilton would object. 
History shows that teams in the minor play-off positions virtually never get promoted. A 14 team top league would also leave Dundee and Ayr as hot favourites for promotion next season. Not sure they would that unhappy with that scenario. Same with Airdrie 

IveSeenTheLight
19 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Every single one of your posts on this website is just:

”lack of comprehension” or “irony” and a wee smilie.

You bring absolutely **** all to the discussion and just attempt to troll Hearts supporters.

These only apply to a couple of people in here where its not worth engaging with.

Most are worthy of engagement with.

I'm certainly not trolling, my posts are evidence of that.

Maybe as you get nothing from my posts and I get nothing from yours, we should respectively refrain from posting quoting each other.

Just a thought

1 minute ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

These only apply to a couple of people in here where its not worth engaging with.

Maybe as you get nothing from my posts and I get nothing from yours, we should respectively refrain from posting quoting each other.

Just a thought

You are welcome on this forum anytime .

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You seem to be making a point without any vestige of substance - just what you've heard.  That's like the SUN

You also don't seem to have been blessed with a great deal of financial brainpower re your stupid ill thought out bet. Firstly all clubs don't have same accounting date and secondly there is plenty of time between each club's accounting dates for a lot of water to flow under the bridge both ways.

What is the Sun saying today about us?

I don’t know, I don’t read the Sun.  I did say based on the accounts so obviously it would be based on both clubs’ year end dates, I’m happy to take the risk on those being different though.  Are you going to take the bet or be a shitebag?

FYI I don’t care how much they have in the bank (I’m much more interested in my own bank balance and whether my employer is going to cut my wages).  I was merely responding to another post having a go at the Hibs fans for donating by pointing out that they have more cash reserves to pay players wages than we do.  I’m not sure why you’ve jumped all over it and are so desperate to prove me wrong.  But if you think it’s pish back it up then instead of mouthing off.

Another FYI, Hibs last accounts they had £4.2m in the bank.  It’s now being reported that’s over £5m which would make sense that it’s gone up since the previous accounts didn’t include the McGinn sale and were possibly before the takeover too.  But you know that.

Can you give us all a list of acceptable media outlets please so that we know whether to believe what we read or not?

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

If the season ends as it is then Hamilton will have to play-off. You can’t just have relegation and titles awarded without also having the play-offs. That would certainly never stand up in court. That’s why Hamilton would object. 
History shows that teams in the minor play-off positions virtually never get promoted. A 14 team top league would also leave Dundee and Ayr as hot favourites for promotion next season. Not sure they would that unhappy with that scenario. Same with Airdrie 

There is no stand up in court argument for any change to the season.   Its totally up to the SPL and a vote.  If they decide to finish now 1 up 1 down and the teams vote for that we have no option.  There is no court option. 

1 hour ago, RonnieG said:

It’ll be some mad split and still manage to get 4 old firm games I imagine. 

Fozzyonthefence
17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You don’t know if there will be playoffs.  I would very much doubt it.  

And it it’s just as unfair on any teams that miss out on a chance of promotion as it is on a team who gets relegated if the season ends now.  Dundee, Airdrie, etc would have as much right to challenge it as Hearts and certainly more reason than Rangers who have next to no chance of winning the league.

A lot of energy being used by some to prop Hibs up on this thread.

Ultimately, like all clubs, Hibs will not have budgeted for a pandemic. Whatever cash pile they have will diminish quickly and Mr Ron is not going to give two ****s about the club if he were to start losing serious money.

7 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Just a thought

Or you could actually stop being a ***** and trying to wind up Hearts supporters on a Hearts forum? Just another suggestion? 🤷‍♂️

Your contributions on the financial future of Hearts are just laughable anyway, because you have already proven you don’t have a clue, and can’t answer questions about your own club’s financial planning and future.

You spent months on here slavering absolute pish and wind about your proposed new stadium, and whenever anyone asked about the funding for the project, you had nothing. You were advocating hoping for the best. When it was pointed out to you that the figures don’t add up and that £50m+ is a totally unrealistic cost for a club of Aberdeen’s resources, all you had was that there were American backers in the background who would cover any shortfall. Now you are expecting folk on this forum to listen to you on matters of finance regarding our club? Aye, okay chief. :lol:

The current crisis may have actually just saved your club’s future, if it has put an end to the ridiculous stadium proposal which would have led to a terminal spiral in to oblivion. Personally I wish your club had forged ahead with the plan. 

8 minutes ago, kila said:

Ultimately, like all clubs, Hibs will not have budgeted for a pandemic. Whatever cash pile they have will diminish quickly and Mr Ron is not going to give two ****s about the club if he were to start losing serious money.

Odd isn’t it. 

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, kila said:

I don’t see anyone propping up Hibs here.  Just responses to a poster who is trying to be a bit of an argumentative arse.

32 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I don’t know, I don’t read the Sun.  I did say based on the accounts so obviously it would be based on both clubs’ year end dates, I’m happy to take the risk on those being different though.  Are you going to take the bet or be a shitebag?

You said

Hibs are in a better financial situation than us, in terms of cash in the bank.

Then you said they were in a better financial position than us.

Do everyone a favour.  Stop your childish name calling and stick to discussing the point.

FYI I don’t care how much they have in the bank (I’m much more interested in my own bank balance and whether my employer is going to cut my wages).  I was merely responding to another post having a go at the Hibs fans for donating by pointing out that they have more cash reserves to pay players wages than we do.  I’m not sure why you’ve jumped all over it and are so desperate to prove me wrong.  But if you think it’s pish back it up then instead of mouthing off.

There you go again.  You are obsessed with the fact(?) that they (MIGHT) have more money in bank when you clearly don't know.  Our last accounts showed the position as at 30 June last year not 3 weeks ago.  I hope your employer has enough cash NOW to pay your wages as opposed to the figure that was shown in the last accounts or you could be in trouble.

Another FYI, Hibs last accounts they had £4.2m in the bank.  It’s now being reported that’s over £5m which would make sense that it’s gone up since the previous accounts didn’t include the McGinn sale and were possibly before the takeover too.  But you know that.

AT THE LAST ACCOUNTS DATE!! 

If I had £100k in the bank last week and I paid out £50k for a Merc and £10k on roofing repairs, how much do I have in the bank now if these were my only transactions?

Can you give us all a list of acceptable media outlets please so that we know whether to believe what we read or not?

You are the one making stupid claims so it's you who should provide me with a list of acceptable media outlets that show we are less well equipped than Hibs to meet the crisis.  I suspect you'll find this incredibly difficult as generally such information is commercially sensitive.

Edited by JamboAl

Dusk_Till_Dawn
34 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don’t worry, JamboAl only exists here to muddy the waters around any criticism of the regime.

I hope hibs do defer their players wages and don’t cut them, that way hibs will have a big payout come start of next season and hopefully eats into their player budget 

Also the longer this goes on I can’t see players who don’t earn much being happy about getting no money at all 

Football players are no different from you and I so should be taking a cut but as I said I’m happy for hibs to keep paying their players if they want as will have to cut back somewhere to pay for them 

gorgie rd eh11
13 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Odd isn’t it. 

Everything hibs say or do is good, everything Hearts say or do is bad.

It's how Scottish football spins things. Has been for a long time. 

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Don’t worry, JamboAl only exists here to muddy the waters around any criticism of the regime.

I think your consistently negative contributions help to do that, Dawn.

7 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

Everything hibs say or do is good, everything Hearts say or do is bad.

It's how Scottish football spins things. Has been for a long time. 

Yep. Sadly the drip drip effect of that has managed to seep in to the psyché of a fair few Hearts supporters nowadays too. You can see some of them on here.

Ex member of the SaS
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52101074

This article suggests Celtic could follow Hearts in cutting wages but not until the end of April and they are also looking at potential new recruits for next season.

The one big difference here is that it is just reported with no drama or conspiracy theory as with the Sun etc.

Was just about to post this. The media are all over us but now they are reporting it as if it's a great idea.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

This article suggests Celtic could follow Hearts in cutting wages but not until the end of April and they are also looking at potential new recruits for next season.

The one big difference here is that it is just reported with no drama or conspiracy theory as with the Sun etc.

Ah but's that's forward-looking, good planning, Davy.  With us it's "draconian measures".

Edited by JamboAl

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Was just about to post this. The media are all over us but now they are reporting it as if it's a great idea.

I’ve not read anywhere that it’s meant to be a great idea. 

Nice of HSL to save up for months and months and then pay about 5 days of the Hibs wage bill. 

Top, top fans. 

4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

Ah but's that's forward-looking, good planning, Davy.  With us it's "draconian measures".

Of course there was me thinking that we had an impartial press and media to. 😍

Gordon Ramsay
7 minutes ago, Homme said:

Nice of HSL to save up for months and months and then pay about 5 days of the Hibs wage bill. 

Top, top fans. 

Scaffs. 

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Of course there was me thinking that we had an impartial press and media to. 😍

Davy. I thought this lockdown was affecting you until I saw the smiley👍

25 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Can Kris Boyd, Tam McManus, Mickey Stewart, Kevin Harper and Allan Preston please report to the big pink phallus shaped telephone at reception please.

Edited by Special Officer Doofy

Fozzyonthefence
53 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You are the one making stupid claims so it's you who should provide me with a list of acceptable media outlets that show we are less well equipped than Hibs to meet the crisis.  I suspect you'll find this incredibly difficult as generally such information is commercially sensitive.

Do you think Hearts have more cash in the bank than Hibs?  Are you going to take my bet?

Just 2 simple questions this time, let’s see if you can answer them.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence