Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

1 hour ago, sac said:

Totally.

Expect this from the clowns who have commented to the press so far, but from someone who is supposed to be one of our own is Shan as ****. 

The siege mentality is admirable but it seems that absolutely everyone who has a different opinion as to money been absolutely squandered on and off the park is being ripped to shreds.  There’s zero sense of perspective at all. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

The guy is a clown. Beats me why people vote for him. Seems to be unable to read press releases and then digest what they say. Probably ideal qualities for a politician though. 

Yes once more anyone who tells the truth gets lambasted

Some on here are so blinded that they come over as worse than Celtic fans when anyone dares to question

I'm sure he's a clown in relation to you of course but in a normal life far from it.

There is nothing in the article that anyone can disagree with except for the few who just fail to realise that you are allowed to cricticise

7 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

How much has the mystery benefactor put into the club and more precise the playing squad?  Absolute millions squandered on shite. 

That’s not relevant. Murray was saying it’s FoH money that’s been wasted. He should know better. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

That’s not relevant. Murray was saying it’s FoH money that’s been wasted. He should know better. 

The money has been wasted.  There’s a massive overspend on the main stand.  That’s why there’s been no money available for the playing squad leading to asking benefactors to top up the finances over the last two years.  Millions have been frittered away on and off the park. 

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Some on here are so blinded that they come over as worse than Celtic fans when anyone dares to question

I'm sure he's a clown in relation to you of course but in a normal life far from it.

There is nothing in the article that anyone can disagree with except for the few who just fail to realise that you are allowed to cricticise

Other than the comments he made that are factually incorrect. No problem with differing opinions  or criticism as long as it’s based on fact and not sensationalist inaccurate accusations. 

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The answer is zero. None. Zilch. 

How much went to brother Budge's small potatoes construction company?

jamboinglasgow

Perhaps Paul Forsyth spoke to the wrong Ian Murray, thinking he was speaking to the MP and was actually speaking to ex-Hibs player Ian Murray

Clerry Jambo
39 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Agreed. Murray’s article is all about inferring how we have wasted £10m of FoH money on the playing side which is just not true 

My apologies mate but even excluding FOH monies should still be doing much better 

1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

The money has been wasted.  There’s a massive overspend on the main stand.  That’s why there’s been no money available for the playing squad leading to asking benefactors to top up the finances over the last two years.  Millions have been frittered away on and off the park. 

For the last time, the FoH money has been spent repaying Mrs Budge for working capital she put up at the point we came out of admin, buying her shares from her, paying off football debts from when we went into Admin, and £3m given to the stand construction. That’s virtually all of the FoH money to date. 
Yes benefactors gave us money for players and yes that has been largely wasted it seems.  But that’s not what Murray, and others, have been saying. 

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

My apologies mate but even excluding FOH monies should still be doing much better 

Absolutely and I’m as disappointed as you I can assure you. 

There was no direct reference to the FOH being the sole income.  He mentions the fans/income and FOH seperate.  It just looks like it's mentioning FOH because it's mixed in with the sentencing.

Overall the fans have invested in season tickets/merchandising/gate money(other fans too).  Whatever else I've missed.  Also the FOH is a seperate fund but still got used for stuff.

Once again  the fans are still pumping money in one way or another.  It should be questioned but not the now.

Edited by HMFC01

I will renew my season ticket, but far from happy with the current situation. I hope that all of the money raised in season ticket sales will be used to fund next season activities and won’t be used to plug the gaps for this season.

I would also like to hear an update regarding when fan ownership will be completed and what role AB will have in the future. I would like to see her moved away from day to day control at the club. Perhaps a Honourary President position?

21 minutes ago, Jee said:

Try . Net ya wee clown 

34 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Ian Murray used to post on here, which he could have done instead of giving more negative column inches to the pishy  press who lap this crap up.

If the Sun or any other shitty rag asked any hearts fan what they thought they’d be told to bolt.

Im sorry but you don’t shit on your own.

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Try . Net ya wee clown 

I'm 6ft son, I wouldn't call that wee. I'm also a Jambo.

Pop me on ignore and give your screen a wipe.

:greggy:

Cheers

14 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I will renew my season ticket, but far from happy with the current situation. I hope that all of the money raised in season ticket sales will be used to fund next season activities and won’t be used to plug the gaps for this season.

I would also like to hear an update regarding when fan ownership will be completed and what role AB will have in the future. I would like to see her moved away from day to day control at the club. Perhaps a Honourary President position?

She deserves to be fired for not having a year's cash in hand.

She has no idea how to run a successful business.

That right?

Pasquale for King
41 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Not sure what a ‘unionist’ is though it’s a much loved term of posters in the Shed’s political threads.

Someone who supports the union between England and Scotland, you know he one that we can’t break free from even if we wanted to. It’s a fact that people lend him their vote to stop the SNP from getting that seat. As this thread has mentioned politics before I did it’s ok for me to do it, or is it just you that can? That’s a unionists idea of democracy.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

But no FOH money has been spent on players or anything day to day. So good that you disagree. Shows you up nicely. 

8 hours ago, RonnieG said:

Well it cant be used for anything else. SO they may as well use it to pay essential staff. 

This is the first real test of how RG is looking at Hibs. Its becoming clear he is seeing it as a cash cow. They may be okay in the short term but long term I predict trouble.

If I was a hibs fan I would be very worried on his motives. It is now looking of out of the frying pan into the fire. RG will expect a return on his money and he will get his money at least with STF there was an emotional attachment there is nos no such attachment with RG.  A couple of bad season and a drop in ST no cup runs no major sales it could be a big issue.

Plowing the money in without any return is not a common sense approach it should be RG that is doing this instead of taking the fans cash. I think a few people are waking up to this fact now but its to late.

38 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Thought you wanted a chunk of all income put in the bank for future emergencies? Now you are saying you want all season ticket money spent! Make your mind up please. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Perhaps Paul Forsyth spoke to the wrong Ian Murray, thinking he was speaking to the MP and was actually speaking to ex-Hibs player Ian Murray

This is a good point. Whenever anyone speaks to “Ian Murray” in future, they should arrange to do it whilst climbing a large flight of stairs. If the interviewee takes a stair lift, it’s the vermin, if he’s just red faced and blowing out his anus after three steps, it’s the MP.

1 hour ago, Jee said:

To be fair to @ramrod, this comment of yours could very easily have been lifted from dot.nest. It’s a staple over there. Don’t think he’s suggesting you yourself are Hibs, just your patter on this occasion. 

Nookie Bear
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

No idea Mikey all I know is our budget will be one of the highest outwith the arse cheeks and our on field performances have been an embarrassment as he says.

Plus we have this mysterious Mr Ben E Factor who acts like a drunken lottery winner, flinging cash at, supposedly the women’s football team, but not the salaries of the junior staff at this time. Who knows what their game is?

10 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

To be fair to @ramrod, this comment of yours could very easily have been lifted from dot.nest. It’s a staple over there. Don’t think he’s suggesting you yourself are Hibs, just your patter on this occasion. 

You get it , some of the posters on here put the F in ***** , Hearts supporters or otherwise . 

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

The guy is a clown. Beats me why people vote for him. Seems to be unable to read press releases and then digest what they say. Probably ideal qualities for a politician though. 

But but but he's got business experience he ran a wine bar............

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

She deserves to be fired for not having a year's cash in hand.

She has no idea how to run a successful business.

That right?

I think their are a number of reasons why now is time for a change.

The overspend and project management of our new main stand has been poor. It’s still not finished!

The playing side of the club has not been managed well. We are massively underperforming.

AB admits she doesn’t understand the football part of the club. We should get someone in who knows how to run a football club.

These were all valid reasons for a change before the current financial problems.

what is clear is that holding 3 months worth of cash is not enough and more is required. 

57 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Thought you wanted a chunk of all income put in the bank for future emergencies? Now you are saying you want all season ticket money spent! Make your mind up please. 

I didn’t say that. You are making things up. I do hope that the club is more careful in how it’s income is allocated next year and that we do start building up a rainy day fund. Constantly living hand to mouth is not smart when you don’t need to do this.  Why do you have  a problem with the club being more financially secure?

Edited by McCrae

Diadora Van Basten
1 hour ago, sac said:

Ian Murray used to post on here, which he could have done instead of giving more negative column inches to the pishy  press who lap this crap up.

If the Sun or any other shitty rag asked any hearts fan what they thought they’d be told to bolt.

Im sorry but you don’t shit on your own.

He mentioned that in his book and was concerned about posts by Football First and Gasman.

Diadora Van Basten
38 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Plus we have this mysterious Mr Ben E Factor who acts like a drunken lottery winner, flinging cash at, supposedly the women’s football team, but not the salaries of the junior staff at this time. Who knows what their game is?

I would imagine the benefactor wouldn’t have put money in if we weren’t building the new stand. I doubt they would have contributed to the player budget.

Seymour M Hersh
5 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

He mentioned that in his book and was concerned about posts by Football First and Gasman.

What were his concerns about two excellent posters? 

36 minutes ago, ramrod said:

You get it , some of the posters on here put the F in ***** , Hearts supporters or otherwise . 

Sadly, Hibs patter is absolutely rife on here nowadays.

19 minutes ago, McCrae said:

I didn’t say that. You are making things up. I do hope that the club is more careful in how it’s income is allocated next year and that we do start building up a rainy day fund. Constantly living hand to mouth is not smart when you don’t need to do this.  Why do you have  a problem with the club being more financially secure?

I don’t, just not to the extent or using the methods you suggest. 

Guest ToqueJambo
57 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

You make it sound like it's a bad thing to have a drunken lottery winner flinging cash at the club.

1 hour ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

I couldn't give a toss about what you think.

Cheers.

Edited by Jee

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

You make it sound like it's a bad thing to have a drunken lottery winner flinging cash at the club.

I’m just waiting on a big win then I’ll be on that train 🤓

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Don’t worry, JamboAl only exists here to muddy the waters around any criticism of the regime.

A lot of people who have been using the word "regime" and slagging off Budge, wanting her to leave to be replaced by...  🤷‍♂️.... are going to look as silly as the ones who wanted Neilson to leave. 

The clubs that will come out of this in relatively good shape will be the ones run by people from that club's community who genuinely care about their club. The ones run by random opportunist Americans and whatnot who only bought football clubs because all their businessey pals did are more than likely not going to come out of this well, especially the ones in debt, the two Dundee clubs for example. And if I was a Hibs fan I'd be desperately wishing Farmer was still in charge right now. Even if those owners manage to keep the clubs afloat and in half-decent shape, they're very likely to want to cut their losses and leave asap as they will have lost so much money from all of their investments and businesses. Or if they do stay, they'll be incredibly distracted with other stuff from the economic fallout.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Having a bad couple of seasons isn't "frittering money away" it's just having a bad couple of seasons. How often do we win a trophy? Very rarely. How often do we have a genuinely good or memorable season - a cup run and/or finishing 3rd/4th or higher. Maybe every 3-4 years. So the vast majority of our seasons see very little or no return other than some derby wins and other victories. During those "no return" seasons we will have spent millions on wages and so on. It's not "frittering money away". It's spending money on the team, which sometimes works and more than often doesn't lead to anything very much. Ok, the last 12-18 myths have been unusually bad. We got into a nosedive triggered by an unusually big injury list that never let up and dawdled too long hoping it would get better, then couldn't get out of it. It's happened to other teams. The money side isn't that relevant as if it was we'd always be 3rd (or 4th these days after Aberdeen with their higher budget), it's just football. 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

The benefactor(s) may be significantly impacted by the current crisis. I think it's pretty poor to criticise them when they have already helped so much and a good example of why they may have chosen to remain anonymous.

Diadora Van Basten
33 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What were his concerns about two excellent posters? 

I can’t honestly remember but I think they were speculating on something and it was causing concern to FOH.

Edited by Diadora Van Basten

Seymour M Hersh
4 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

I can’t honestly remember but I think they were speculating on something and it was causing concern to FOH.

Personally I think it's very poor of him to in effect  (in his eyes) name and shame them because they may have had concerns.

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Personally I think it's very poor of him to in effect  (in his eyes) name and shame them because they may have had concerns.

It wasn’t that big a deal to be honest I would have been quite honoured if it was me.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

It wasn’t that big a deal to be honest I would have been quite honoured if it was me.

I'd have to see the passage they appear in the decide whether I would be honoured tbh. But I have no intention of reading let alone being his book.

Guest ToqueJambo
49 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Have you seen interests rates the last few years? It makes much more sense to invest money in the team if you can rather than leave money in the bank. The potential returns are much higher - bigger crowds, cup runs, league positions, Europe, etc all bringing in more income - and it's relatively easy to cut back on that spending if needed (so long as you don't chuck around 3 and 4 year contracts randomly like we unfortunately did). 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, McCrae said:

When exactly was the last time you were happy. You weren't happy when Mrs Budge took over and did not renew contracts of GL and others. You weren't happy with RN. You weren't happy with IC, you weren't happy with CL and now you aren't happy again. 

You also state we should spend all money raised by season tickets to fund next seasons activities and not plug gaps for this year. You have also suggested numerous times that you want us to build up a rainy day fund so we will be able to survive the next unknown world wide pandemic. You suggest more than 3 months of a fund so are we going half a year, a full year or some other longer extended period without spending? 

What one is it, spend all money raised or save money raised?

16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Have you seen interests rates the last few years? It makes much more sense to invest money in the team if you can rather than leave money in the bank. The potential returns are much higher - bigger crowds, cup runs, league positions, Europe, etc all bringing in more income - and it's relatively easy to cut back on that spending if needed (so long as you don't chuck around 3 and 4 year contracts randomly like we unfortunately did). 

Our club can’t get bank lending just now, as per Budge’s statement. Our credit rating is too low. If we become financially stronger more options for our financing will become available. We don’t need to do this all at once, we could do it over a number of years. 

22 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

A lot of people who have been using the word "regime" and slagging off Budge, wanting her to leave to be replaced by...  🤷‍♂️.... are going to look as silly as the ones who wanted Neilson to leave. 

The clubs that will come out of this in relatively good shape will be the ones run by people from that club's community who genuinely care about their club. The ones run by random opportunist Americans and whatnot who only bought football clubs because all their businessey pals did are more than likely not going to come out of this well, especially the ones in debt, the two Dundee clubs for example. And if I was a Hibs fan I'd be desperately wishing Farmer was still in charge right now. Even if those owners manage to keep the clubs afloat and in half-decent shape, they're very likely to want to cut their losses and leave asap as they will have lost so much money from all of their investments and businesses. Or if they do stay, they'll be incredibly distracted with other stuff from the economic fallout.

The “regime” get a pretty easy time imo for a board that have pissed away millions of pounds and the best platform that we’ve ever had through sheer incompetence. 

The stand isn’t finished and has come in at twice the initial budget. Not to mention the fact that Budge gave millions of pounds brought in through FOH donations to her brothers tinpot firm to do the job (badly). That fact doesn’t seem to get much attention on here, but it’s sickening. Pure corruption/nepotism and blowing cash that we’ve put in. 

We could spend all day talking about the omnishambles that is the football department. Although, to keep it succinct they’ve allowed Levein to systematically fail in every single aspect of his role as DOF and manager and refused to act until its far too late. Even then the scumbag hangs about the place picking up a wage like a parasite. 

In terms of who replaces them it shouldn’t be too difficult to find people that are semi competent in C-level positions. Put it this way, is there any board in Scotland or the rest of the UK that has mismanaged the football side of things as much as ours? The answer- no absolutely not. If you chuck in the requirement that this person(s) can oversee a large scale estates project within budget and with a legitimate procurement process and we’ll still have a pretty big talent pool to fish from. 

We’ve got people at the top of the club that believe they know best and refuse to acknowledge all the evidence to the contrary. They’re also raking in our money either directly or through shady dealings (See Budges brother and in all honesty I’d love to see some investigation into Leveins “preferred agents” and recruitment policy). 

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Our club can’t get bank lending just now, as per Budge’s statement. Our credit rating is too low. If we become financially stronger more options for our financing will become available. We don’t need to do this all at once, we could do it over a number of years. 

Nothing to do with credit rating. It is bank policy not to lend to football clubs.