Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

But we would if we didn’t have FOH and benefactor donations.  That was precisely my point.

Yes, I edited it. not sure of your point though. There's nothing stopping Hibs doing a similar scheme and attracting similar benefactors. 

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

But we would if we didn’t have FOH and benefactor donations.  That was precisely my point.

But we do have FOH and benefactors make donations. That is my point.

22 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Can I ask how you know that they have more cash in he bank.

Not having a go but for information.

Recent AGM

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Recent AGM

Interesting. That would easily cover the wage bill until what would have been the end of the season and contracts run out. They have no excuse not to pay their players then given they won't be as affected by loss of income than other clubs with less cash in the bank. Hibs fans should soon find out if this Gordon is the real deal.

13 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes and we are being laughed at by Hibs fans. Money wasted money paying for nothing etc. They have been crowing for weeks well run we are bust etc. There is a thread on Hibs.net on which players they would take from us if we go bust. 

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

But we do have FOH and benefactors make donations. That is my point.

You clearly missed my point though as I don’t think it was you I was replying to.  I can’t be arsed going over it again though.  If you can, it’s all on this page!

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

I though Mcginn went for 5 mill and St Mirren got  33% of it.  Plus they bought Doidge for close to 300k  so where they getting 5.5 mill in the bank.  Dosnt make sense to be giving wage deferment.  Surly they can pay it now.  

Something not adding up for me with this.  I smell a rat.

Think Mikey Stewart bit me and the moons about to come out.

Edited by HMFC01

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Rods said:

Yes and we are being laughed at by Hibs fans. Money wasted money paying for nothing etc. They have been crowing for weeks well run we are bust etc. There is a thread on Hibs.net on which players they would take from us if we go bust. 

We’re not going to go bust and I couldn’t really give a toss what they think.  I can’t imagine why anyone would want to go on their forum.  There’s a lot more things to worry about than what Hibs fans think.

They do have more cash reserves than us though but it’s up to their American owner whether they burn them up to keep players on 100% wages without playing (I doubt he’ll do that for long) or cut wages like most clubs will probably do.  Either way, I don’t care and if Hibs fans or any fans of other clubs want to make donations so players can remain on full wages, more fool them. 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

Money spent rebuilding the club and stadium after a near-death experience. Fine we're having a bad season or two when money on the playing side has been flushed away with no return. We might even get relegated. You know, like them not very long ago.

They can laugh when we have a sustained run of about 10 bad seasons, almost all worse than the last like they did from about 2006/07 to 2015/16. How much money did they fritter away in those years when they managed to finish above 5th just once in the Premiership and had a new manager almost every season? What short memories they all have.

Wonder how much of the vermins cash reserves were earmarked for the playing squad. 

I'll wager absolutely none of it. 

Fozzyonthefence
23 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Interesting. That would easily cover the wage bill until what would have been the end of the season and contracts run out. They have no excuse not to pay their players then given they won't be as affected by loss of income than other clubs with less cash in the bank. Hibs fans should soon find out if this Gordon is the real deal.

That’s up to their owner of course but I’d say pretty much no income would be a valid excuse for cutting wages, along with Article 12.  I’m sure the Hibs fans would like to see him carry on paying full wages but will he want to?  Effectively they would be running at a loss and that cash could be earmarked for next season’s budget.

Did Ron pay £6M for hibs..? How much did St. Tom get..? McGinn went for £2.75M and they got another £1M when villa promoted. What I find hard to believe is farmer sold hibs for £6M and Effectively left £3.75 M in the bank. Not sure my figures will be right, but that’s what I thought had been quoted

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

:rofl:

Thanks Sir Gio

Complete lack of comprehension and the irony is overwhelming

Village has lost its idiot again. 

And learn the meaning of the word weirdo 

10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We’re not going to go bust and I couldn’t really give a toss what they think.  I can’t imagine why anyone would want to go on their forum.  There’s a lot more things to worry about than what Hibs fans think.

They do have more cash reserves than us though but it’s up to their American owner whether they burn them up to keep players on 100% wages without playing (I doubt he’ll do that for long) or cut wages like most clubs will probably do.  Either way, I don’t care and if Hibs fans or any fans of other clubs want to make donations so players can remain on full wages, more fool them. 

Dont have to go on Hibs.net to see their absolute ridiculing of our club. Take a wee look on Twitter etc.

Hibs fans and some on here may believe that they are the the 2nd best run club in the country. I think they are in troubled the same as everyone else,

I also note that Celtic are planning on a wage cut I wonder if the Sun will be apologising to us. 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

That’s up to their owner of course but I’d say pretty much no income would be a valid excuse for cutting wages, along with Article 12.  I’m sure the Hibs fans would like to see him carry on paying full wages but will he want to?  Effectively they would be running at a loss and that cash could be earmarked for next season’s budget.

Hmm. Keeping the club afloat seems a much more valid reason to cut wages than keeping cash in the bank account! I look forward to the media backlash.

Paint the town maroon
3 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

This season will be axed. No question as it will be around october before football will be allowed to resume. The cup will be finished. Next season will reduced as the euros will take priority. All clubs will do something about players wages. Defer or half. Sooner or later some will invoke article 12 and get duds and crocks of the books. Some eventually will use it to punt gthe entire squad. Despite every effort some Will go into administration over a six month period. About a third by my fag packet maths. And a few just won't make it.  Not doom and gloom just realisation. But the game will get a forced reboot players wont be overpaid and a lot more home grown talent will be nurtured. The game will survive but will look very different including league reconstruction 

The reality is none of us know what will happen. The current estimates range (without the extreme world coming to and end views) between August (optimistic) to October (more likely).

The UK predictions of fatalities have gone from 200k + down to 10% of that. Today UK Govt admitted that rapid rise was not so rapid but only once we see benefit of restrictions in 1-2 weeks will know more. China slowly coming out of it, South Korea Managing it very well and even Spain’s admitted today that number slowly decreasing. 

This “everything changes and we are all screwed” view might be right but we don’t know. I stick by AB used a sledge hammer (for good reasons) but none of us know if this will be the right approach or not. 

Fozzyonthefence
22 minutes ago, Rods said:

Dont have to go on Hibs.net to see their absolute ridiculing of our club. Take a wee look on Twitter etc.

Hibs fans and some on here may believe that they are the the 2nd best run club in the country. I think they are in troubled the same as everyone else,

I also note that Celtic are planning on a wage cut I wonder if the Sun will be apologising to us. 

Hibs are only in a good position now because BOS waived most of their debt, along with a number of other badly run SPL clubs.  They may be well run now or it may just be a consequence of the McGinn transfer and investment from the new owner that they have large cash reserves, I don’t know.

It will be interesting to see the media reaction when other clubs go down the wage cut route.  I’d put my house on it that no club will face the media backlash that we have.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

I see her as being realistic about what's in store and trying to keep the club afloat, which is her job. I fail to see any opportunity here. If she just saw it as an opportunity to get rid of the wage bill she could use this clause 12. Seems to me she's trying not to take advantage of that.

No-one's going to be kicking a ball in earnest for many months, definitely not in front of fans. She is working on the basis that this will last 6 months minimum in terms of the impact on clubs' income. The government has said it's going to be 6 months at least before things might start returning to some sort of normality. I think a lot of other clubs are waking up to that reality much slower.

Opportunity is perhaps in that the sums gave her little choice to act, perhaps just not quite so swiftly. 

Don't doubt she has listened,  but it is a strong bargaining position to work from given the uncertainty facing every player 

bajthejambo

Clubs in the EPL are reportedly ready to release a statement collectively that will outline wage reductions across the entire league. Probably as a deferral of payments.

There's an article on The Atheltic about it and also a suggestion that some owners and board members are now in favour of ending the league and starting again.

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You keep pushing this.

Please supply the respective figures or admit you're no better than the Sun.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Well well 

The Record's coverage of Celtic's cuts:

Scottish football is facing an unprecedented situation with the coronavirus pandemic shutting football down and plunging the game into crisis.

The situation is the same across some of Europe’s biggest leagues.

Continental big-hitters such as Barcelona, Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain and Bayern Munich have already taken steps to make cuts during this nightmare

scenario.

Their coverage of Hearts cuts in the same day's paper:

Former Hibs hero Kevin Harper reckons his old club have given rivals Hearts a lesson in humanity with their approach to cost saving in a crisis.

Harper, who spent six years at Hibs, has branded those strong-arm tactics shocking.

So for Celtic, it's an inevitable result of a crisis affecting all clubs around the world. For Hearts, it's shocking strong-arm tactics and a crime against humanity.

5 hours ago, The Roller said:

I know he won’t be breaking the rules but this Aberdeen geezer being all over a thread on Hearts is starting to ****in rile me like.

With all that’s going on in the world, being on another fans forum like he is wouldn’t ever be, thankfully, something I’d ever think of indulging in. 

Creepy, weirdo behaviour.

He’s been around for a while, seems harmless enough!

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You keep pushing this.

He’s actually very suspiciously.. I’m all for hibs spending whatever cash reserves they have, pretty ****ing stupid if your ask me.

So no relegation, 14 team top flight and league called as it stands so that we can secure sponsorship funding. According to Tom English. 

jamboinglasgow
15 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

So no relegation, 14 team top flight and league called as it stands so that we can secure sponsorship funding. According to Tom English. 

When did he say that? But to me the most logicial. I see that they want to get the next season started as the new tv deal kicks in then.

16 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Did he tweet that ? Not seen anything 

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

When did he say that? But to me the most logicial. I see that they want to get the next season started as the new tv deal kicks in then.

On the radio. 

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

sure it was Sunday on radio Scotland (podcast available) but pretty sure it was only his opinion

1 minute ago, busby1985 said:

On the radio. 

He's pretty reliable . 

Probably the best outcome for all apart from Sevco, which is an added bonus 

Just now, ramrod said:

He's pretty reliable . 

Works out perfect for Sevco IMHO. A forever Asterix against 10 in a row and the opportunity to claim “sporting integrity” injustices. Worse than Celtic these days for their paranoia, they’ll love that outcome. 

7 minutes ago, ramrod said:

He's pretty reliable . 

It wouldn’t really.  Teams are in need of money desperately, the opportunity of losing a visit or two from the Glasgow bigots doesn’t really appeal to the likes of St Johnstone or Hamilton. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

:wow:

:yas:

:jjyay:

:greggy:

*(If true...)

.........if true indeed. 

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

:wow:

:yas:

:jjyay:

:greggy:

*(If true...)

It was English’ opinion yesterday on the radio.  He also apologised for previous criticism of AB. Fair do’s to him. 

Guest ToqueJambo
25 minutes ago, busby1985 said:

Good news if true. This is by far the most realistic solution with no real losers except maybe Dundee and Ayr who would miss out on possible promotion as things stand, with us and Hamilton benefiting.

I think a 16 team league playing each other twice would maybe be worth considering. It would allow time in the calendar for this league to be finished and would let Ayr and Dundee come up. However we all know they'll never reduce the number of OF games. 

Not sure how they'll work out the last European place with ourselves and Hibs still in the SC.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

You keep pushing this.

It’s all over these threads ffs and Im not referring to The Sun article.  Just look for them, shouldn’t be too difficult.

11 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s all over these threads ffs and Im not referring to The Sun article.  Just look for them, shouldn’t be too difficult.

Stop quoting please.  

Footballfirst

HSL have been handing over funds to the club.  They put out the following email earlier today.

Dear Fellow Supporter,

We thought it would be helpful to provide an update on things since our last communication in January.

Tragic world events have overtaken us all and have put everything in perspective. Clearly, like everyone else, our first thoughts are with those who have been directly affected by this dreadful virus.

As you may be aware we have continued to make donations to the Club from 1st October 2019 in accordance with your instructions. In addition to this we have also applied the same % split (65:35) to donations received from the date of the acquisition until 30th September 2019. Your Directors took this decision on the basis that we felt that Supporters had the same knowledge of affairs after the acquisition was announced and therefore had we taken a poll in early July we would have very likely had the same poll result. We are delighted to say that in total we have passed over £90,000 to the Club since the acquisition. (at the beginning of July)

At our next Board Meeting we had intended to consider what to do about funds that we held at 30th June 2019, just before the acquisition. We are very clear that Members and donators had given us funds on the clear understanding that these funds were to be passed to the Club in exchange for shares. This is stated in our Articles and indeed had been consistently reported in all our communications. With this in mind we felt that this was not a decision to be made by your Directors as we cannot at any time invite donations from you indicating we will do one thing with your money only to do something else. We never forget that this is your Company and it benefits from your generous donations.

As previously stated events have moved on and we want to continue to help our Club. With this in mind we would like to suggest that we donate 65% of the funds that we held at 30th June last year to the Club now to help us get through this difficult period. If you agree, this would allow us to immediately transfer a further £16000 to the Club. We would also like to suggest that we shortcut this process by simply pushing ahead unless we receive any material dissenting voices before 5pm on Wednesday of this week. If we receive such objections to this course of action we can of course revert to taking a vote in order to receive clearer instructions. We do hope you find this an acceptable way to proceed but of course as ever await your feedback.

Finally, we can confirm that we will be seeking to significantly increase our help to our Club and will write again shortly.

James Adie
Chairman

jamboinglasgow
29 minutes ago, Barack said:

Aww, ffs. Back in the lifeboats!

excitement meter has gone completely down. But I think as the days go by it will be clear that is the only option.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

From what I can see online they had £4.2m in the bank when their accounts were published in 2018. They made £3.5m for McGinn, Ron the Con paid their Mortgage of £2.25m, and gave them £1.25 m, the other £2.5m of the £6m must’ve went to Farmer. 
They had £5.5m in the bank so if McGinn hadn’t been sold they would’ve made a £3.4m loss . . . instead of £750k. 
I know those figured don’t add up but that’s all there is in the public domain that I can find. Should I email the taxman with all this spare time I have on my hands? 

E6930329-6E1B-4F81-8035-69D7FC09472B.jpeg

751FD8DB-6129-400E-A6B1-A6B2330EF83E.jpeg

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

HSL have been handing over funds to the club.  They put out the following email earlier today.

£106k, aw bless that wouldn’t pay their average players wage 😃, maybe cover Lewis Stevenson’s annual salary.

Pasquale for King
36 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Good news if true. This is by far the most realistic solution with no real losers except maybe Dundee and Ayr who would miss out on possible promotion as things stand, with us and Hamilton benefiting.

I think a 16 team league playing each other twice would maybe be worth considering. It would allow time in the calendar for this league to be finished and would let Ayr and Dundee come up. However we all know they'll never reduce the number of OF games. 

Not sure how they'll work out the last European place with ourselves and Hibs still in the SC.

Probably not a great idea for us to have this season finished wouldn’t you think 🤔? It’s only three games to finish the cup, could be done in 4 days.

Edited by Pasquale for King

31 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

If it's all over just point us in the general direction of a validated reference, not some hack's best guess..