Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

gowestjambo
2 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

You were a strong advocate for Chris Robinson in his turbulent years, and have been critical of Vlad and now Budge.

Who should run the Club that would meet with your approval?

I think everyone would be critical of two out of the three who left Hearts finances in a perilous state.

We all thought Ann Budge was an astute Business Woman. That may have been the case in her earlier company, but it appears to me business skills are not always transferable.

I know you have been around longer than a lot of us Ron, but I can remember calls for Bobby Parker to go.....

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

6 hours ago, Defender said:

Ross County reportedly paying their players in full. Not sure if the same will apply to office/store staff though. Not read anything about other clubs apart from the ones crowdfunding for support.

For how long tho

gashauskis9
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

No way this is just a Hearts thing. This will be the end of several clubs. Just really surprised we are the only team to come out.

So are you willing to give Budge a smidgen of credit for once?

gashauskis9
6 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

I support the move to ensure cashflow over the next few months but don't think it relates to FFP. There is no way any team will be punished by UEFA for the inevitable turnover reductions due to COVID-19.

I think UEFA could keep punishments in place if clubs were doing nothing to manage this.

7 hours ago, Defender said:

Record reporting Dikamona set to reject the pay decrease and looking to leave. Sore one if true, has become a bit of a cult hero.

Don’t blame him. He’s only on £1,500 per week. Sore one to go down to £750. Take off tax and NI contributions and his nett pay will be £532. Probably can’t survive on that imo. 

Having a cull straight across the board can be harsh if you’re at the lower end of the pay scale. 

5 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

So are you willing to give Budge a smidgen of credit for once?

Hell no. We are bottom of the league, relegation bound with far too many people on the payroll in superfluous roles and positions not too mention the stockpiled dross all sitting on ridiculously unsustainable contracts.We have been in decline for almost her entire tenure losing out on more and more revenue with every season. We are currently in a position where diddy outfits boss us on our patch, the fanbase has switched off and only one Scottish league club has won less games than us(Stranraer). This all happened on her watch. Her watch while she was too busy dining out with her Hibs pals, SPL bigwigs, virtue signalling, turning us into a community centre and prioritising what colour of table cloths should go in the hospitality suite. To say she has failed us would be as big an understatement as saying the Aussie bushfires were just as small as a flame of a match.

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Hell no. We are bottom of the league, relegation bound with far too many people on the payroll in superfluous roles and positions not too mention the stockpiled dross all sitting on ridiculously unsustainable contracts.We have been in decline for almost her entire tenure losing out on more and more revenue with every season. We are currently in a position where diddy outfits boss us on our patch, the fanbase has switched off and only one Scottish league club has won less games than us(Stranraer). This all happened on her watch. Her watch while she was too busy dining out with her Hibs pals, SPL bigwigs, virtue signalling, turning us into a community centre and prioritising what colour of table cloths should go in the hospitality suite. To say she has failed us would be as big an understatement as saying the Aussie bushfires were just as small as a flame of a match.

Do you think she’s failing us just now?

Randy Marsh
6 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Stendel working for free whilst “Proper Hearts Man” Levein doesn’t. 

A man with no shame.  

16 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Do you think she’s failing us just now?

Too early to say really. I hope she pulls us through.

15 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

A man with no shame.  

It is my opinion only and I have zero fact to substantiate and in no way accusatory I believe Levein has been making lots of money from us the past 5 years with our high turnover of dross that he has approved.

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

It is my opinion only and I have zero fact to substantiate and in no way accusatory I believe Levein has been making lots of money from us the past 5 years with our high turnover of dross that he has approved.

Bungs?

21 hours ago, cjambo1993 said:

I think you're mistaking financial safeguarding with financial difficulties.

Every club in the league could well end up in financial difficulty over this, including Celtic who have over £30M in the bank. By asking staff to take a reduction in wages now it buys as much time as possible later as no one realistically has any idea when we will come out of the other end and begin to operate as normal again.

I don't get why that's so hard to understand? 

You don’t get that we have been run  

very badly with respect to the financial position. 
Our wage bill is utterly horrendous compared to other clubs yet we are bottom of the league. 
How Anne Budge made a success of her business life is a mystery to me because from where I stand she is absolutely useless 

The money wasted under her leadership is shocking and the handling of the Levein disasters are not much better. 

1 minute ago, Randy Marsh said:

Bungs?

There is simply no other quantifiable way to justify such a ridiculously high volume and such a riduculously poor quality of player over a 4 year period. As I said though this is based on an opinion and zero fact so I would never accuse him as he does not deserve that.

1 minute ago, NB GIN said:

Something is not right with levein and the relationship with colquhoun. 

You been reading “Football is Fixed”?

tynietigers
On 18/03/2020 at 18:29, Last Laff said:

You are clearly just guessing and wishful thinking.  The truth is nobody knows how severe the issue is compared to other clubs.  The fact we have to go cap in hand to mystery benefactors all the time indicates the overspend the club has had.  Surely everyone needs to up their pledges and it’s time for the FOH to take over the club ASAP to try get us out this position. 

We will see 🤔 I have friends who are chefs their and are on 20 grand and being asked to take home half of that for the next few  month ☹️ But they have friend across the country working in other clubs not even getting that decision 👍🏻

Edited by tynietigers

ToadKiller Dog

Well looks like the football media is bringing out everybody and his dog to comment on the clubs wages issues .

We will take the media hit for the other clubs who will be struggling. 

53 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Don’t blame him. He’s only on £1,500 per week. Sore one to go down to £750. Take off tax and NI contributions and his nett pay will be £532. Probably can’t survive on that imo. 

Having a cull straight across the board can be harsh if you’re at the lower end of the pay scale. 

I. Sure with a sponsored car an no doubt accommodation paid for he could do the right thing in the short time

this is  a global crisis affecting everybody , we only hear about high profile people in the media

i ve followed hearts for 40 years and if a guy like dikamona can't do the right  thing then let him piss off

i have a 23 year old daughter with a mortgage agreed and a new flat bought who came home yesterday after being made redundant from eastern western motor group who are clearing out to save themselves

players should take a good look at whats going on around them and realise in normal life they have it easy

Randy Marsh
16 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

There is simply no other quantifiable way to justify such a ridiculously high volume and such a riduculously poor quality of player over a 4 year period. As I said though this is based on an opinion and zero fact so I would never accuse him as he does not deserve that.

Some of the contracts handed out do seem outrageous to be fair.  

Look there will be guys who know and have even been told they have no future at the club. Uche is in that category. Big Clev may be too. So go now or wait til summer is the only real decision.

The papers can use all the adjectives they want. The players will decide what's best for them. I work for a pretty big, very well run company. Is my job secure? I don't know. My wife has been offered reduced hours. She'll take them to secure her job.

Everyone is in a different position. If Clev wants to end his contract now instead of probably go in the summer, so be it. He can go be with his family in France.

Edited by TheBigO

TyphoonJambo
8 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Probably just discovered that JFK is dead and the Beatles have split up.....

:vrface:

And now rushing of to Woolies to buy the entire back catalogue on LP

David McCaig
10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

A few going on June 30 will know they are not wanted and have nothing to lose by it.

They will be marked in history as men of poor character,  preference to see low salary workers suffer hardship they will never know. 

Sitting bottom of the League too. 

Hope they read this 

Its June 1 that contracts end in Scotland.

Nookie Bear
10 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

To those who have point blank refused, cheerio and don't let the door hit you when you leave. To those who accept, thanks and to the others, let's see if we can deal. 

What if Hickey, Smith, Souttar, Clare etc refuse? 

I Don’t fancy our chances of avoiding relegation if our main players leave. 

Although I understand what AB is doing, we also need to remember that some of these guys are valuable assets and not easily replaced. 

The Treasurer

I've heard from a good source that this (50% pay cut) wasn't instigated by AB, it was in fact the staff, both playing and non-playing, that suggested it.

They did the same when we went into administration.

The Treasurer
7 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Although I understand what AB is doing, we also need to remember that some of these guys are valuable assets and not easily replaced. 

No player is more valuable than the club

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

I've heard from a good source that this (50% pay cut) wasn't instigated by AB, it was in fact the staff, both playing and non-playing, that suggested it.

I don’t believe that. Why would Hearts/AB release a statement that paints the club in a negative light when tour sources version is so positive?

15 minutes ago, hammyhouse said:

I. Sure with a sponsored car an no doubt accommodation paid for he could do the right thing in the short time

this is  a global crisis affecting everybody , we only hear about high profile people in the media

i ve followed hearts for 40 years and if a guy like dikamona can't do the right  thing then let him piss off

i have a 23 year old daughter with a mortgage agreed and a new flat bought who came home yesterday after being made redundant from eastern western motor group who are clearing out to save themselves

players should take a good look at whats going on around them and realise in normal life they have it easy

Your daughter has my  empathy HH along with thousands of people like her who live in the real world. The trouble with the majority of most footballers though is that they don’t live in the real world. Like I say, players are at Hearts to further their careers by way of either (A) an inflated salary or (B) using HMFC as a stepping stone into the EPL or Premiership. They don’t give two hoots about HMFC in general and I wouldn’t be sorry to see any of them go. 

2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

What about academy staff being out on unpaid leave if the post earlier on is true?

Nookie Bear
Just now, The Treasurer said:

No player is more valuable than the club

True. But you don’t think agents will be watching what Hickey does with interest? 

For the sake of saving £25k a year on his salary we could lose hundreds of thousands of pounds on a transfer fee. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Its June 1 that contracts end in Scotland.

Depends on what you negotiate. There are those who are end May and others June 30

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Bottom of the League   perhaps not as valuable as we believe 

Nookie Bear
34 minutes ago, hammyhouse said:

It’s awful but she needs to be asking questions of the Eastern Western Board as to whether they have offered to take a pay cut, whether they have asked their high earners to take a pay cut etc

We can’t blame footballers for everything and we cannot expect them to save society. However the least they can do is offer to take the hit to protect the low paid staff they deal with every day at work. 

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Bottom of the League   perhaps not as valuable as we believe 

So perhaps we should put the whole lot up for sale?

fabienleclerq

More Jambo mercenary  than jambo soldier. 

I don't understand his thinking personally, it's not like its an admin or that where he can start playing for another club. 

Finlay James
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Seriously, shut the **** up.  If This is based on your opinion and zero fact, then why post it in the first place?

You need emptying from here.

2 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Seriously, shut the **** up.  If This is based on your opinion and zero fact, then why post it in the first place?

It is a forum for opinions

:facepalm:

The Treasurer
27 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don’t believe that. Why would Hearts/AB release a statement that paints the club in a negative light when tour sources version is so positive?

Don't shoot the messenger, just posting what I've been told and I've no reason to doubt the source.

Nookie Bear
19 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I don't understand his thinking personally, it's not like its an admin or that where he can start playing for another club. 

Or he knows he will not get a better offer elsewhere and will dig in for everything he feels he is owed?

3 hours ago, Big Bruno said:

How is it doing the club a favour when we have so few central defenders?

I don’t think there’s going to be any more games before he goes out of contract.  Leaving now will save the club money. 

Nicholas Brody
25 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

You must be new here.

Around 99% of what's posted on here is opinion and zero fact.

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, tynietigers said:

We will see 🤔 I have friends who are chefs their and are on 20 grand and being asked to take home half of that for the next few  month ☹️ But they have friend across the country working in other clubs not even getting that decision 👍🏻

If they’re employed by Hearts that contradicts the statement that said no staff would have their pay reduced below the living wage - that’s just over £18k.

If Clev has refused the 50% cut I don’t necessarily have an issue with it. Probably on relative peanuts and the guy has always given 100%. He’s got a young family and is out of contract soon anyway, so needs to maximise his income before being plunged into complete uncertainty. 

Also, some of the higher earners dropping to 50% will still be on more than what he’s on now. I’d hope guys like Naisy who are set for life will offer to take the cut and possibly more in the short term. 

Stendel working for free- great guy and exactly the kind of leadership we need right now. 

As has been pointed out, the fact that Levein’s still taking a wage (either half or full, I’d put money on it being full) while Stendel takes the hit is telling. No shame, no class, no morals. 

1 hour ago, hammyhouse said:

The economy has come to a dramatic halt , the only thing that seems to have survived is food and drink , pass on my best wishes to your daughter , we have gone form a 2 wage home to 1 overnight , so I’d snap your hand off for 50 % of my wage .

Hearts are no different to any other business , good on Ross County but not every club has a rich enough owner to promise to pay wages regardless

Even in England there are murmurs of clubs looking to trim costs 

Nookie Bear
8 minutes ago, qferryjam said:

The economy has come to a dramatic halt , the only thing that seems to have survived is food and drink , pass on my best wishes to your daughter , we have gone form a 2 wage home to 1 overnight , so I’d snap your hand off for 50 % of my wage .

Hearts are no different to any other business , good on Ross County but not every club has a rich enough owner to promise to pay wages regardless

Even in England there are murmurs of clubs looking to trim costs 

Well, we do have a benefactor and a large supporter contribution each month that at least can protect the lower paid staff. It would just take a few of the higher paid players to defer salaries for it to work. 

David McCaig
4 hours ago, Big Bruno said:

Only sore point is we are limited in his position. He however is a bombscare of a playerand this decision to leave when he may not get signed elsewhere dowsnt appear to be the brightest.

Berra is back before we next play a game... in fact its not beyond possibility that Souttar and even the lesser spotted Haring will have returned!!

David McCaig

As a club we'll be criticised because we took action first, but who cares?  As a club we will be one of the ones to survive... because we took action first.

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

I am hoping it’s more he’ll leave now for free so that the club don’t have to pay him any wages. I’d be shocked if he was doing it maliciously. 

Fozzyonthefence

Businesses up and down the country (businesses far more important than football clubs) are struggling, losing income, making employees redundant or reducing their pay or forcing unpaid leave, even closing down as they have no customers.  

Yet people (Bill McMurdo, as a good example) think footballers should somehow be exempt from this and continue to be paid 100% of their wages, even though they are not even working at the moment and contributing nothing to the country’s economy, while their employers effectively can’t trade and have no income.

Yep, footballers and their agents really don’t live in the real world.