Wage cut for players and staff (Statement on 24/4)

Bunny Munro

34 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Has he indeed... based on what exactly?

That we are in a grave financial situation. With no fall back position.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• soonbe110

• Last Laff

Suso Santana
4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No we wouldn't! We would have spent it on other things like players, otherwise there would have been complaints of "not investing".

The idea that we would have some big nest egg to tide us through a 6 month dearth of income is nonsensical.

Sorry, i don't agree. 

Look at what Motherwell have done with pennies. 

Our whole set up is ****ed. 

I'm glad you're not in charge of our player budget. 

25 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Some maroon blinkers on again tonight i see. 

You just need to look at Maulary Martin's contract to see that that things have been wrong for a long long time. 

Oshinawa Sammon etc etc

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

When are we expecting to hear about the meetings today? 

June 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Suso Santana said:

Sorry, i don't agree. 

You should hang fire for a wee while chancellor 

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Sorry, i don't agree. 

So tell me what income Motherwell have that Hearts don't at present to pay players? Are they sitting on a mountain of cash?

Suso Santana
Just now, Sir Gio said:

You should hang fire for a wee while chancellor 

Aye, you said the same thing to budge in regards to getting rid of levein.

6 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

That we are in a grave financial situation. With no fall back position.

Can you give us some idea of our current financial situation.

Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No we wouldn't! We would have spent it on other things like players, otherwise there would have been complaints of "not investing".

The idea that we would have some big nest egg to tide us through a 6 month dearth of income is nonsensical.

This is the very point. I hear the complaint Levein wasted money on this or that player... that is irrelevant what has happened has nothing to do with football it is a life threatening pandemic illness which has seen governments being brought to their knees , world financial markets in turmoil and people on here are criticising  AB for taking a very wise step... you could not make it up! There are some real arseholes on here whose raison d'etre is to make  ill informed judgments !

Suso Santana
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

So tell me what income Motherwell have that Hearts don't at present to pay players? Are they sitting on a mountain of cash?

What are you on about?

indianajones
1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

I wouldnt be surprised if Levein isnt included in the 50% wage decrease offer. 

He's worse than covid-19. 

A fast mutating viral infection. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aye, you said the same thing to budge in regards to getting rid of levein.

Hardly the same thing chancellor. 

If you think Hearts are the only team going to speak about economic conditions. Well I wont be rude.

Wait and save face

Suso Santana
1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he got a wage increase 😂

Geoff Kilpatrick

What are you on about?

I'm on about the point of league suspension and the subsequent removal of non-football income streams, like Bar 1874. EVERY club is in the same position with regard to CURRENT income. In other words, past mistakes with regard to this situation are irrelevant.

Suso Santana
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Hardly the same thing chancellor. 

If you think Hearts are the only team going to speak about economic conditions. Well I wont be rude.

Wait and save face

I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing that we started again debt free, the fans have pumped millions of pounds into the club and now we find ourself bottom of the league and the first team to declare wage cuts. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

No, was the same time Jamie Mac got released and Lockey got let go too ( I think) 2014 after relegation. 

Yeah that was in the article I showed a clip from, we exited admin a month later 👍🏽.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Its everyone apart from two folk and I’m standing next to one of them 😃, they both do 28 hours.

3 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he got a wage increase 😂

He's probably due a nice April pay rise :lol:

The guy is shameless, sitting on his arse doing **** all whilst the club falls apart scooping his wage.  

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm not arguing that, I'm arguing that we started again debt free, the fans have pumped millions of pounds into the club and now we find ourself bottom of the league and the first team to declare wage cuts. 

But we definitely will not be the last. Why is that so hard to sense into your skull?

Suso Santana
Just now, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

But we definitely will not be the last. Why is that so hard to sense into your skull?

We won't be. Agreed. 

39 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Interesting article.....

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11790/9308779/hearts-owner-ann-budge-insists-the-days-of-reckless-spending-are-over-at-tynecastle

Obviously we didn’t budget for a global pandemic but the fact we’ve clearly allowed the wages to get out of control again is a worry. 

She’s backed Levein a few times in the windows to sort the mess out he created. We’ve been spending more than we should have, which would have been fine if not for this unseen disaster. 

grumpyespana
7 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

This is the very point. I hear the complaint Levein wasted money on this or that player... that is irrelevant what has happened has nothing to do with football it is a life threatening pandemic illness which has seen governments being brought to their knees , world financial markets in turmoil and people on here are criticising  AB for taking a very wise step... you could not make it up! There are some real arseholes on here whose raison d'etre is to make  ill informed judgments !

Have to agree with you Jock people are not taken this virus thing seriously personally I have more to worry about what Ann does to our club ( she is doing a good job ) there was about 600 deaths in Spain in twenty four hours yesterday and we are on a lockdown.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

He's probably due a nice April pay rise :lol:

The guy is shameless, sitting on his arse doing **** all whilst the club falls apart scooping his wage.  

If he had even a shred of dignity or any love for the club he would walk now and give up the remainder of his contract.

Clark Griswold
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If he had even a shred of dignity or any love for the club he would walk now and give up the remainder of his contract.

How many times have we heard this over the last 6 months :lol: 

46 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Interesting article.....

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11790/9308779/hearts-owner-ann-budge-insists-the-days-of-reckless-spending-are-over-at-tynecastle

Obviously we didn’t budget for a global pandemic but the fact we’ve clearly allowed the wages to get out of control again is a worry. 

Who says we have let the wages get out of control again?  Haven’t read that anywhere except on here by people who haven’t a clue. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

The stand under normal circumstances has been a great investment and will continue to be beyond war plague and famine. 

Hasn't been anything of the kind in living memory 

1 hour ago, Suso Santana said:

The sun basically saying that we're on the verge of administration again, 

Micheal Stewart in the evening news saying that Budge needs to take a big portion of the blame. 

Where they saying that? Couldn’t see anything in their articles online.

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

By fair and reasonable, they mean we want the title and **** the rest of you. Rangers on the other hand say **** the rest of you, we aren't giving them anything. The other 10 clubs bend over, lube up and take their medicine. Bunch of spineless tossers run football in this country and Hearts, Aberdeen , Hibs are included in that group. Utter cowards.

The media deserve their place in the gutter as well. Cow tow to the Glasgow whores and do nothing to promote rest of us. Wankers the lot of them.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Finlay James
51 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

You live in France? That's maybe why you've not felt the full effects of the 5 year plan. 

The same 5 year plan that we successfully completed in year 3?

What do you think the 5 year plan consisted of?

Geoff Kilpatrick
5 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Who says we have let the wages get out of control again?  Haven’t read that anywhere except on here by people who haven’t a clue. 

Indeed, David Southern has pointed out that our wage ratio of 56% is below the average of 65%. If anything, the only thing "out of control" is the amount of diversified income sources we've generated like the bars and restaurants which help push that ratio down. They've all ceased.

Suso Santana
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

The stand under normal circumstances has been a great investment and will continue to be beyond war plague and famine. 

Aye, i'm not arguing that either, it's a sight to behold, i'm arguing the fact that it has almost doubled in price. 

How would you react if you told your other half that she could get a new bathroom, here's 5k to pay for it..

Then she came back and told you it came to 10k? haha

36 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Its staggering people don't get this. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Clark Griswold said:

How many times have we heard this over the last 6 months :lol: 

Quite a few times, he’s yet to show he cares about anything apart from his bank balance.

Suso Santana
5 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

The same 5 year plan that we successfully completed in year 3?

What do you think the 5 year plan consisted of?

Far too much money spent and utter failure. 

29 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

He definitely would not have been included if we had paid up his contract 3 months ago!

Edited by JamboAl

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aye, i'm not arguing that either, it's a sight to behold, i'm arguing the fact that it has almost doubled in price. 

How would you react if you told your other half that she could get a new bathroom, here's 5k to pay for it..

Then she came back and told you it came to 10k? haha

Par for the course. It could have been done for less but she seen opportunity for the stand.

Nobody seen this coming. The cuts are basically to ensure nobody needs to be paid off in the first instance. 

Question that really matters,  do you think Naismith and Boyce for example should make do with 50% of quite a sum to make sure the lady in the ticket office can pay for the shopping. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Any update on what they are doing in England 

Sky Sports can't miss it

Finlay James
22 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

She’s backed Levein a few times in the windows to sort the mess out he created. We’ve been spending more than we should have, which would have been fine if not for this unseen disaster. 

Read the article mate, it's from 2014

21 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Look for the hard of thinking here. Yes money has been pumped into the club and not surprisingly it has been spent to improve the club... not saved for the one in three of four generation chance to spend it on wages when we are on lockdown due to a pandemic caused by a virus.

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, Suso Santana said:

Far too much money spent and utter failure. 

You can criticise Budge for many things and I do. I don't give her one iota of criticism for this because this situation could never have been planned or allowed for.

Suso Santana
2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Par for the course. It could have been done for less but she seen opportunity for the stand.

Nobody seen this coming. The cuts are basically to ensure nobody needs to be paid off in the first instance. 

Question that really matters,  do you think Naismith and Boyce for example should make do with 50% of quite a sum to make sure the lady in the ticket office can pay for the shopping. 

Par for the course? You obviously have more money than me, i'd be telling her to away n shite and i'd be looking for a new joiner than wasn't a hibee. 

Stating the obvious with your following point. Thankfully they're not asking anyone below the living wage to cut their wages. 

2 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Read the article mate, it's from 2014

I know. I’m saying we’ve overspent the last few years backing Levein in the transfer market. Kind of goes again what she said then. Just mu opinion.

Suso Santana
8 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Look for the hard of thinking here. Yes money has been pumped into the club and not surprisingly it has been spent to improve the club... not saved for the one in three of four generation chance to spend it on wages when we are on lockdown due to a pandemic caused by a virus.

For the even harder of being able to think.. Money has been pumped into the club by the fans and spent on utter shite. 

Yes, the current situation has been un expected but so was relegation to the absolute muppets in control of our football team. 

Every club is going to suffer now, but we will be suffering more than we should be. 

Get it yet?

35 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Murrayfield ??