Holiday/flight cancellations and refunds ( title updated )

Section Q

Should still be ok for 12-15yr olds if theyve had single dose as this is technically all they can have had at this stage. 

Im supposed to be leaving on Sunday. Heres the bit about double an single doses.

If you’re arriving into the Canary Islands from the UK on or after 1 December 2021, the Spanish Government requires you to present proof of being fully vaccinated on entry. To be fully vaccinated you must have received both doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine, at least 14 days prior to your arrival. Without proof of being fully vaccinated, you won’t be able to enter the country. An NHS COVID Pass shows your COVID-19 vaccination details and will be accepted – find out how you can get this. Please note, your business card-sized paper COVID-19 vaccination record card isn’t an acceptable form of vaccine status proof and can’t be used to enter.

Edited by dryJTlaw

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• OBE

• graygo

• Samuel Camazzola

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The added cost of PCR tests instead of Rapid Antigens and needing to isolate till the result comes in will deter some for sure.

May not seem much individually but it can be for a group. Travel industry are livid.

Doctor FinnBarr
On 24/11/2021 at 20:24, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Aye fair enough, just did it, £279 for both of us. CDT even have a home game whilst we're over, Vamos Tete.

Grand, less than a week after we decided to book things look to be going tits up again!

• 3 weeks later...
Doctor FinnBarr

Not looking good for us at the moment, just booked flights though so its not the end of the world. Question, is it better if Easyjet cancel the flight?

1 hour ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Not looking good for us at the moment, just booked flights though so its not the end of the world. Question, is it better if Easyjet cancel the flight?

I looked into this a wee while ago as we've got flights to Paris booked with easyJet, you can re-book, take a voucher or have a full refund if regulations mean you are not allowed to fly or you are required to quarantine even if the flight is operating. Let them cancel it though or you'll only get to change the flight 

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

It depends on the country that you're travelling to, but you're better letting the airline make the decision.

They should do the right thing regarding that country's restrictions

The UK are not restricting travel. I'm going to Lanzarote in mid February and I'm keeping my eye on what the Spanish government are saying, even then it seems to be down to local governments in Spain.

The Spanish courts deemed that earlier lockdowns were illegal.

I'm still hopeful of getting away and if my flight was tomorrow, I would be there in a shot

• 2 weeks later...
Samuel Camazzola

Been looking into a few places to visit for next year and Montenegro has appealed. However, based on current testing requirements, does anyone know what would be needed if flying to Dubrovnik then driving across the border? Would double testing be required or would the tests for arriving into Croatia also be applicable for crossing into Montenegro on the same day? 

Nucky Thompson

It's looking like the UK government will be dropping the pre departure test back to the UK when they review travel restrictions on the 5th January.

On 03/01/2022 at 22:23, Nucky Thompson said:

It's looking like the UK government will be dropping the pre departure test back to the UK when they review travel restrictions on the 5th January.

Good news. 👍

I wonder if they'll still insist on a 2 day PCR test on returning to the UK. Double standards if they do seeing as they are now saying that a lateral flow test is good enough to tell whether you should self isolate or not without travel.

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Good news. 👍

I wonder if they'll still insist on a 2 day PCR test on returning to the UK. Double standards if they do seeing as they are now saying that a lateral flow test is good enough to tell whether you should self isolate or not without travel.

There's talk of that going as well, but there's an objection by some public health officials.

I reckon that will be gone in 3 weeks at the next review though

49 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There's talk of that going as well, but there's an objection by some public health officials.

I reckon that will be gone in 3 weeks at the next review though

I hope you're right, Spain booked for Valentine's Day.

This is a minefield. I'm so confused :(.

So I'm going to see mate and his family in Spain on Thursday 27th Jan and return Tuesday 1st Feb. Flying from Edinburgh.

What tests do I need, from where and when do I take them???

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

So I'm going to see mate and his family in Spain on Thursday 27th Jan and return Tuesday 1st Feb. Flying from Edinburgh.

We'll find out later today.

4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Best wait till they announce the new rules, hopefully things will be clearer tgen

InternationalJambo
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

I’m in the same boat fly out to Spain on Sunday and can’t make sense of what has changed. 

3 hours ago, InternationalJambo said:

I’m in the same boat fly out to Spain on Sunday and can’t make sense of what has changed. 

Assuming you live in Scotland, absolutely nothing. I expect things will change and hopefully the change will revert to a day 2 LFT (as in England), but those in charge in Scotland have a habit of holding off before making an announcement, which is a bit of a pest and makes it more awkward when arranging for test kits to be delivered.

Nucky Thompson
25 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Assuming you live in Scotland, absolutely nothing. I expect things will change and hopefully the change will revert to a day 2 LFT (as in England), but those in charge in Scotland have a habit of holding off before making an announcement, which is a bit of a pest and makes it more awkward when arranging for test kits to be delivered.

To be fair to her, she did mention today that she would inform parliament when she found out the UK governments plans regarding travel.

Hopefully hear something tomorrow, but I've still got 5 weeks to go before I'm away

Nucky Thompson
On 05/01/2022 at 14:41, Pans Jambo said:

On 05/01/2022 at 16:26, InternationalJambo said:

Scotland have just announced that they are coming into line with England.

Currently no test required to enter Spain but you have to be fully vaccinated and fill out a PLF 48 hours before arrival.

Travelling back to the UK, you now won't need a test before you travel, but you'll need to book a LFT for day 2 after you arrive back.

A PLF will also need to be filled out 48 hours before your flight back

58 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Currently no test required to enter Spain but you have to be fully vaccinated and fill out a PLF 48 hours before arrival.

Travelling back to the UK, you now won't need a test before you travel, but you'll need to book a LFT for day 2 after you arrive back.

OK thats slightly better. 
LFT? Whats wrong with using the NHS LFT’s you get from the chemist? Why do I need to buy one?

Also, whats the PLF form for on the way home? I’ll be in the hoose!

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

OK thats slightly better. 
LFT? Whats wrong with using the NHS LFT’s you get from the chemist? Why do I need to buy one?

Also, whats the PLF form for on the way home? I’ll be in the hoose!

You can't use the NHS tests as you need a reference number to fill in on your PLF, which you can only get by booking a private test.

The PLF is needed to be filled in otherwise they won't let you on the flight, it's just basic info you need to fill in, takes 5 mins tops.

37 minutes ago, jvm32 said:

You can't use the NHS tests as you need a reference number to fill in on your PLF, which you can only get by booking a private test.

The PLF is needed to be filled in otherwise they won't let you on the flight, it's just basic info you need to fill in, takes 5 mins tops.

Yip.

It's closed tight.

There is no way out of paying for tests as the PLF is mandatory.

1 hour ago, jvm32 said:

What a faff though. So I need to order an LFT BEFORE I leave for Spain so I can fill in a wee form 2 days before I arrive back in Scotland?

OK but for the record…what a load of shite! Some arse is getting wealthy on this shite. Its just a scam!

I'm going to Cyrpus for a week then home for 3 days and off to Lanzarote for 4 nights. I can't bring myself to bother start working it all out yet.

InternationalJambo
4 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

👍👍 cheers mate. 

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I'm going to Cyrpus for a week then home for 3 days and off to Lanzarote for 4 nights. I can't bring myself to bother start working it all out yet.

There's not much to work out, 2 X 2 day lateral flow tests at £12 each if you use the link above. Use the code you get with the tests to fill out your passenger locator form. Do the test the day you get home, send it away, job done.

2 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

There's not much to work out, 2 X 2 day lateral flow tests at £12 each if you use the link above. Use the code you get with the tests to fill out your passenger locator form. Do the test the day you get home, send it away, job done.

And just pass on your code to everyone else you are travelling with because they don't even check them.

11 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

What a faff though. So I need to order an LFT BEFORE I leave for Spain so I can fill in a wee form 2 days before I arrive back in Scotland?

OK but for the record…what a load of shite! Some arse is getting wealthy on this shite. Its just a scam!

You don't need to order it in advance of leaving, most companies will email you the code as soon as you order it, so when I done it I just ordered it whilst I was away (in case the criteria changed again), got the code immediately then filled in the PLF, but there is nothing stopping you ordering it in advance.

11 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Got agree with this. Isn’t much of a hassle but if the lft’s we use here are good enough for every day life why not for when we get back from holiday ? ****ing madness. 

9 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Need tests for getting into Cyprus too. Then need to know what the rules are for entering Spain if you have been in Cyprus in the preceding however many days. 2 months away yet so will see what the rules are nearer the time.

12 hours ago, Boab said:

And as I keep saying on this....it's a fn racket !

Thats exactly what it is.

I had Covid over Christmas and I can tell you the track & Trace folk hound you with e-mails and phone calls. They actually start to get right on yer tits.

When I come back from Spain I will test on a standard LFT and if I am positive I will get my lad to do the bought LFT test and send that back in. Of course I will self isolate but I'm not going through all that shite again!

Edited by Pans Jambo

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Need tests for getting into Cyprus too. Then need to know what the rules are for entering Spain if you have been in Cyprus in the preceding however many days. 2 months away yet so will see what the rules are nearer the time.

What a carry on.

You would need another holiday after having to deal with that palaver.

6 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Thats exactly what it is.

I had Covid over Christmas and I can tell you the track & Trace folk hound you with e-mails and phone calls. They actually start to get right on yer tits.

When I come back from Spain I will test on a standard LFT and if I am positive I will get my lad to do the bought LFT test and send that back in. Of course I will self isolate but I'm not going through all that shite again!

I don't actually mind the checking up. 

If it helps to get us through this, then OK.

We covered this a few pages back but my view remains the same. Why should I have to pay to go abroad, not always for a jolly, but don't if I want to go to a nightclub ?

( Obviously this was debated when clubs were open and required this. )

broxburnjambo

I am a personal travel consultant and even I cant predict what the government are going to do. Things have been difficult for us in the travel industry like many other occupations. I am just delighted that people are starting to book holidays again.

I fly to Tenerife tomorrow morning having spent £94 on PCR tests on Wednesday.  The new rules means a now only need to take an LFT on my return. You can actually still use the PCR test and not need to take the LFT. I also do not need to take an LFT in resort before flying home. 

I have actually not lost that much money.

2 x PCR Tests - £94

2 x LFT ( day 2 test that i would have had to have taken) circa £40

2 x LFT pre departure test from Tenerife circa £40

I am about £14 out of pocket but I am getting away on holiday and really looking forward to it.

Got a trip to Florida and Mexico in June.

Think currently I'm looking at an in-person antigen test for the 3 of us 1 day before departure to the States. Nothing for flying from Florida to Cancun. And then just the day 2 LFT for the 2 adults.

Much better than a week ago anyway. And I'm hoping that's reduced further by the time June comes. Don't mind the day 2 test, hoping America loosen their stance though.

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, broxburnjambo said:

I am a personal travel consultant and even I cant predict what the government are going to do. Things have been difficult for us in the travel industry like many other occupations. I am just delighted that people are starting to book holidays again.

I fly to Tenerife tomorrow morning having spent £94 on PCR tests on Wednesday.  The new rules means a now only need to take an LFT on my return. You can actually still use the PCR test and not need to take the LFT. I also do not need to take an LFT in resort before flying home. 

I have actually not lost that much money.

2 x PCR Tests - £94

2 x LFT ( day 2 test that i would have had to have taken) circa £40

2 x LFT pre departure test from Tenerife circa £40

I am about £14 out of pocket but I am getting away on holiday and really looking forward to it.

Have a good holiday bud. I think everybody deserves one after the last 2 years

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Christ you're right, Cyprus seems to be a bit of a basket case.  My mate was in Paphos for Xmas and New Year but didn't even need to take a test as he had Covid and recovered.

17 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Just booked Vilamoura for summer holidays. I must be feeling relatively confident towards travel as currently got Lisbon in February, Augusta in April, Malaga May, Vilamoura July and Cancun in October. 

I honestly think in a month or so and certainly by the spring we will have reached the new normal and things will settle down massively. 

Sorry Greta but I’m ducking travelling. 

Are you Judith Chalmers?

2 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Christ you're right, Cyprus seems to be a bit of a basket case.  My mate was in Paphos for Xmas and New Year but didn't even need to take a test as he had Covid and recovered.

My 'immunity' from having it runs out on Valentine's Day unfortunately. Cyprus are test daft for getting in...pre test, arrival test ane then varying tests for the next 5 days or something!

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Just booked Vilamoura for summer holidays. I must be feeling relatively confident towards travel as currently got Lisbon in February, Augusta in April, Malaga May, Vilamoura July and Cancun in October. 

I honestly think in a month or so and certainly by the spring we will have reached the new normal and things will settle down massively. 

Sorry Greta but I’m ducking travelling. 

Quite right, I've a week in February to the Costa del sol (sans kids), week at Eurodisney in April (with kids) and 11 days in May to Turkey (sans kids). Nothing booked for summer yet and will probably be a package deal for the extra protection in case it all goes tits up.

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Enjoy. 

Though, how do you get so many kid free holiday? I assume they are closer to adulthood than childhood. 

I do feel way more comfortable and optimistic about travel now. 

Just a lateral flow on return is much better than potentially having to test 4/5 time for a holiday. I’ve never really understood much of the transport restrictions. The thing is world wide and more often than not UK has been worried about importing a virus when we’re the ****ing hotspot 

Respite. I'm a foster carer. 👍

Doctor FinnBarr

Correct me if I'm wrong but do we need to do a lateral flow test before we fly to Tenerife (19th this month)  and have the certificate as well as our vac certificates?

And on the way back we no longer have to have a lateral flow test before flying?

Edited by FinnBarr Saunders

11 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but do we need to do a lateral flow test before we fly to Tenerife (19th this month)  and have the certificate as well as our vac certificates?

And on the way back we no longer have to have a lateral flow test before flying?

All the information you need will be on your airline/tour operator website and the Scot.gov website

Nucky Thompson
15 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

No test before you go, no test before you come back, but you'll need to pay for an LFT to take up to 2 days after you arrive home.

You'll need to fill out passenger locator forms 48 hours before each journey