Holiday/flight cancellations and refunds ( title updated )

Section Q

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jambo-Jimbo

• OBE

• Samuel Camazzola

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

CavySlaveJambo
On 20/01/2021 at 21:26, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Saga cruises are to insist that all passengers have had the covid vaccine before they will be allowed to sail with them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55738918

I can see other companies going down this route as well.

Especially the Cruise Lines.  I know Norwegian and Royal Caribbean are seriously considering it already. I won't be surprised if others do too. 

Anyway I now think that 2021 holidays won't happen  :(

highlandjambo3
On 20/01/2021 at 21:26, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Saga cruises are to insist that all passengers have had the covid vaccine before they will be allowed to sail with them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55738918

I can see other companies going down this route as well.

Great......quite a lot of my new business adventure will involve tourists from cruise ships

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

Especially the Cruise Lines.  I know Norwegian and Royal Caribbean are seriously considering it already. I won't be surprised if others do too. 

Anyway I now think that 2021 holidays won't happen  :(

I wouldn't be surprised at hotels also insisting on this as well, especially the big all inclusive resort types, where there are thousands of guests staying.

However, despite my optimission that travel/holiday's would get back to some sort of normality on the previous page, I'm now not so confident of that now and I'm now thinking that if any holiday's do happen it'll be late in the season if at all, because as long as new variants keep appearing then no country is going to be happy to allow freedom of travel to foreigners. 

Yet another new variant has appeared, this time in Los Angeles, gonna be many more I fear, until we get on top of this.

CavySlaveJambo
1 hour ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

because as long as new variants keep appearing then no country is going to be happy to allow freedom of travel to foreigners. 

Yet another new variant has appeared, this time in Los Angeles, gonna be many more I fear, until we get on top of this.

The LA/California one is really worrying but new variants will appear. What we need is for the new variants to be less severe.  

Jambo-Jimbo
59 minutes ago, CavySlaveJambo said:

The LA/California one is really worrying but new variants will appear. What we need is for the new variants to be less severe.  

Absolutely, but that's not what is happening with these new variants, they are not getting weaker, not yet anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Ryanair have been ordered to remove their 'Jab & Go' adverts by the Advertising Standards Authority for being 'misleading'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55910235

I said it at the time that they Ryanair were being irresponsible and now the ASA agrees.

I might be wrong, but isn't Mr. O' Leary somewhat of a cynic when it comes to Covid-19?

If I was a cynic, I'd put it down to that he's just an incredibly insensitive, arrogant, prick, who's sole purpose in life is adding to his billion euro personal fortune, over everything else.

am a cynic.

Jambo-Jimbo
54 minutes ago, Barack said:

I might be wrong, but isn't Mr. O' Leary somewhat of a cynic when it comes to Covid-19?

If I was a cynic, I'd put it down to that he's just an incredibly insensitive, arrogant, prick, who's sole purpose in life is adding to his billion euro personal fortune, over everything else.

am a cynic.

:laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, graygo said:

That's Jet2 just cancelled our Turkey holiday booked for May 9th. ☹️ Not unexpected tbf.

That'll be in response to Boris saying yesterday that the government would not make a decision on foreign travel until at least 17 May.

Bookings for July onwards are soaring seemingly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56161129

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo
4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

That'll be in response to Boris saying yesterday that the government would not make a decision on foreign travel until at least 17 May.

Bookings for July onwards are soaring seemingly.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56161129

The email referenced Bumbling Boris's statement. Actually a bit glad as knew it was coming and the worst thing for us would have been getting a last minute go ahead.

The Frenchman Returns

Mentioned it on the Coronavirus thread

Holiday number 7 cancelled. Was expecting it and had been checking daily.

Was due to fly Easyjet 27 April to Crete, as of yesterday they were scheduled to begin flying on 30th March. Changed overnight following BJ announcement and now begin flying 1st May.

Thought I might as well call at 9am this morning and remarkably got through and 15 minutes later had a mixture of a cash and voucher refund*

* transpires that under their t's and c's you can't claim cashback from a previous voucher, tried arguing but to no avail. 

Given that I had called last week trying to cancel and all they would offer me was a voucher to fly UK>Greece whereas now I have a partial voucher that can book flights in the next 12 months for 2022, can fly anywhere and split it across different flights/destinations, then I am reasonably satisfied.

Holiday 8 - flights from London to Greece on 17th June - rate my chances as less than 50%

Holiday 9 - flights from Edi to Greece September - 75% chance

Holiday 10 - to Antigua in November must go ahead, PLEASE

Want to start booking 2022 but Mrs F losing the plot with me.

28 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Mentioned it on the Coronavirus thread

Holiday number 7 cancelled. Was expecting it and had been checking daily.

Was due to fly Easyjet 27 April to Crete, as of yesterday they were scheduled to begin flying on 30th March. Changed overnight following BJ announcement and now begin flying 1st May.

Thought I might as well call at 9am this morning and remarkably got through and 15 minutes later had a mixture of a cash and voucher refund*

* transpires that under their t's and c's you can't claim cashback from a previous voucher, tried arguing but to no avail. 

Given that I had called last week trying to cancel and all they would offer me was a voucher to fly UK>Greece whereas now I have a partial voucher that can book flights in the next 12 months for 2022, can fly anywhere and split it across different flights/destinations, then I am reasonably satisfied.

Holiday 8 - flights from London to Greece on 17th June - rate my chances as less than 50%

Holiday 9 - flights from Edi to Greece September - 75% chance

Holiday 10 - to Antigua in November must go ahead, PLEASE

Want to start booking 2022 but Mrs F losing the plot with me.

Is there much to do in Antigua, for those who don't just want to sit by the pool all day & order Daiquiri?

The Frenchman Returns
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Is there much to do in Antigua, for those who don't just want to sit by the pool all day & order Daiquiri?

Never been before but it appears to be beaches, beaches and more beaches. Culturally Nelson's Dockyard seems to be the main historic site and there are a lot of sailing options available, particularly by English Harbor where were originally meant to stay until I switched to an AI

I can but dream of lying on a beach for 7 days being served Mohito's! 

3 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Never been before but it appears to be beaches, beaches and more beaches. Culturally Nelson's Dockyard seems to be the main historic site and there are a lot of sailing options available, particularly by English Harbor where were originally meant to stay until I switched to an AI

I can but dream of lying on a beach for 7 days being served Mohito's! 

Fair enough, I'd not turn Mojito's down either. Never really been drawn to the Caribbean, I must admit.

Always seems on the verge of pissing it down.

Edited by Barack
The Frenchman Returns
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Fair enough, I'd not turn Mojito's down either. Never really been drawn to the Caribbean, I must admit.

Holidayed on quite a few islands and they all have different things to offer, for example Jamaica - party time and Marley, Margarita - Chavez and an island of contrast, Tobago - did rain at 3pm every day but has a rainforest, Cuba - just loved it, Dom Rep - probably the only one I wouldn't rave about.

If I could afford to I would tick off as many islands as I could.

6 hours ago, Barack said:

Had a day stop there on a cruise back in 2009 and I spent all day in an Irish pub by the port. The Ex Wife did tell me that it's a lovely island though.

7 hours ago, Barack said:

Been to the Caribbean many times, generally October/November time, once in May/June, and rain has never been an issue. Sounds, like me, you aren't a fan of just lying on a sun bed for 2 weeks. Pick the right place and you can get out and about without any bother. Always plenty organised excursions too, although a lot do involve going on a boat to another beach where you don't have the luxury of all inclusive drinks or several restaurants to eat from!