Gigs you are going to

davemclaren

Doctor FinnBarr

Now, I normally avoid Oirish pubs like the plague (unless they're in Ireland) but I might make an exception tomorrow night. Daughter has been given a late afternoon gig in Finnegans Wake albeit due to someone else letting them down. Her first time playing outside West Lothian so its a biggy for her.

🥰

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• the original dalry llama

• frankblack

• tedarmy

• Costanza

1 hour ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Now, I normally avoid Oirish pubs like the plague (unless they're in Ireland) but I might make an exception tomorrow night. Daughter has been given a late afternoon gig in Finnegans Wake albeit due to someone else letting them down. Her first time playing outside West Lothian so its a biggy for her.

🥰

Hope it goes well 👍

3 hours ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

🥰

Good luck to her. 👍

On 08/08/2023 at 11:26, Bauld said:

I saw Bob Vylan last year. It was my first experience of seeing or hearing them ever. I was a bit critical of them live but I gave them another chance by listening to their album and I have to admit I absolutely love them now.

:thumbsup:

Doctor FinnBarr
On 10/08/2023 at 09:01, Robbo-Jambo said:

Hope it goes well 👍

On 10/08/2023 at 11:07, davemclaren said:

Good luck to her. 👍

It went very well indeed once a responsible adult turned up to work the PA.

They're fully booked musician wise til the end of September but have asked her if she's available short notice to fill in if someone pulls out. She seem's happy with that.

5 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

It went very well indeed once a responsible adult turned up to work the PA.

They're fully booked musician wise til the end of September but have asked her if she's available short notice to fill in if someone pulls out. She seem's happy with that.

Well done. 

Doctor FinnBarr
27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Well done. 

Thanks Dave, no idea where she got the musical ability or confidence from, me and her mum haven't even sang on a karaoke.

I know you play guitar and think you've mentioned 1 or 2 daughters before, any of them following you musically?

4 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Thanks Dave, no idea where she got the musical ability or confidence from, me and her mum haven't even sang on a karaoke.

I know you play guitar and think you've mentioned 1 or 2 daughters before, any of them following you musically?

I'm afraid not but my fault as I'm not a great teacher I'm afraid stopped playing for a while when they were young as I lacked the time.   I might work harder on my grandkids though.  😄

Doctor FinnBarr
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I'm afraid not but my fault as I'm not a great teacher I'm afraid stopped playing for a while when they were young as I lacked the time.   I might work harder on my grandkids though.  😄

Go for it mate, we had our 3 yo grandaughter last week for 6 days and she spent half her time trying to sing "House of the rising sun" cos mum has been practising it, lol

2 minutes ago, Doctor FinnBarr said:

Go for it mate, we had our 3 yo grandaughter last week for 6 days and she spent half her time trying to sing "House of the rising sun" cos mum has been practising it, lol

😄👍

maroondevo52
On 04/08/2023 at 12:23, frankblack said:

They are charging £58 for a date in London around the same time.  Someone is at it.

Ticket price now down to £40, I'd be a tad miffed if I had paid £70.

1 hour ago, maroondevo52 said:

Ticket price now down to £40, I'd be a tad miffed if I had paid £70.

Yeah.  Saw that.  Same date as our game on Thursday though so I will pass.

I'd be very pissed off if I had paid the original price.

5 hours ago, the original dalry llama said:

My entertainment for tonight and tomorrow.

sw.jpg

LM.jpg

:2thumbsup: going as well tomorrow for Pictish Trail. Couple of other Summerhall gigs as well next week

LarrysRightFoot

I’m thinking of going to New Order in October but I don’t know if it’s worth it without Peter Hook. 

the original dalry llama
9 hours ago, Costanza said:

:2thumbsup: going as well tomorrow for Pictish Trail. Couple of other Summerhall gigs as well next week

Should be good tonight. I've got Deafheaven at Summerhall on Monday too. 

1 hour ago, the original dalry llama said:

Should be good tonight. I've got Deafheaven at Summerhall on Monday too. 

Ha me too, that and BC Camplight on the Friday 

the original dalry llama
7 hours ago, Costanza said:

Ha me too, that and BC Camplight on the Friday 

I saw BC Camplight when he played at the Central Library back in 2019. That was a fun gig. He was confused by the fact that the audience didn't have any drinks (not allowed in the library) but the band did have beers. He also told a great story about getting deported from the UK!

the original dalry llama

This week's gigs:
Monday - Deafheaven at Summerhall

Wednesday - Bo Ningen at the Hug and Pint

Sunday - Connect Festival

Edited by the original dalry llama

Henry. Henry.
On 16/08/2023 at 17:17, the original dalry llama said:

I saw BC Camplight when he played at the Central Library back in 2019. That was a fun gig. He was confused by the fact that the audience didn't have any drinks (not allowed in the library) but the band did have beers. He also told a great story about getting deported from the UK!

Saw him couple months ago down in Gala on his solo piano tour. Very funny man.  Summerhall on Friday for me too.  

the original dalry llama
6 hours ago, tedarmy said:

Amyl and the sniffers in Edinburgh tonight.

rrgj.jpg

Would like to see Cable Ties but this and their headline gig in Glasgow on Monday night clashed with other gigs I already had tickets for. Next time!

8 hours ago, tedarmy said:

Amyl and the sniffers in Edinburgh tonight.

rrgj.jpg

Snap.  Currently chilling with a beer waiting for support.

Only downside was missing Hibs game 😄

On 16/08/2023 at 17:17, the original dalry llama said:

Well, there will be drink in the audience on Friday I can confirm that.

Deportation Blues and particularly I'm Desperate are great.

Did you enjoy Deafheaven? I'm less enamoured with the black metal screaming but do love the shoegazey element they bring to their sound.

1 hour ago, frankblack said:

Really enjoyed that gig.  First time seeing Amyl and the Sniffers and won't be last.  Cable Ties impressed also.

Same here. Great night. 

5 hours ago, the original dalry llama said:

Would like to see Cable Ties but this and their headline gig in Glasgow on Monday night clashed with other gigs I already had tickets for. Next time!

Cable ties were really good 

the original dalry llama
11 hours ago, Costanza said:

Well, there will be drink in the audience on Friday I can confirm that.

Deportation Blues and particularly I'm Desperate are great.

Did you enjoy Deafheaven? I'm less enamoured with the black metal screaming but do love the shoegazey element they bring to their sound.

I did! Like you, I'm not totally on board with the black metal screaming but no faulting the rest of it. I thought Slow Crush were great too. 

got some tickets this week

eyehategod in glasgow

slapshot in glasgow

sleaford mods in glasgow

subhumans in edinburgh

cockney rejects in edinburgh

Saw Alison Goldfrapp at the Playhouse on Friday.

Really good gig with a lot of strong tracks played that I hadn't heard on recent Goldfrapp gigs I've been to.

the original dalry llama

I've got Wilco at the Usher Hall tonight. I think this will be the first time I've seen them in about 20 years. Tomorrow sees the first ever edition of the Edinburgh Psych Fest at Summerhall, headlined by Brooklyn's finest, Bodega. I have another trip to Glasgow on Monday to catch Shit Present at the Flying Duck, a venue I haven't been to before. 

the original dalry llama
1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

I see Slowdive are playing the Liquid Rooms in February next year 😎

Also playing Glasgow.

Tickets on sale this week.

I've already got a ticket to see them at the QMU in October but will try to get one for the Liquid Rooms too when they go on sale on Wednesday.

On 06/09/2023 at 10:56, The new West End said:

The View album launch and Q and A tonight at the Caves

Hope they have subtitles

Any fights on stage?

On 04/09/2023 at 17:04, the original dalry llama said:

I've already got a ticket to see them at the QMU in October but will try to get one for the Liquid Rooms too when they go on sale on Wednesday.

Ditto. Will be immense in the liquid rooms

The new West End
7 hours ago, frankblack said:

Any fights on stage?

On their best behaviour for this one.

Good wee QAndA session hosted by Martin Compton before it 

2 hours ago, The new West End said:

How was he?

Really good.  It was just him and Steve Nieve.  Costello sang and played about six different guitars, while Steve played piano and keyboards - brilliantly, what a musician.  Costello's singing was rough for the first couple of songs until he settled into it, but after that it was great.

Highlights?  Veronica, She, Shipbuilding, (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love and Understanding.

Also got tickets for Julie Fowlis in St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin, next January.  No idea what she'll be playing or who with, but I'm looking forward to it.