Zlatanable

The rise and fall of The SNP.

jambos are go!
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I take the unionists thinking. I will always vote SNP no matter what they do. Look what some Unionist politicians have done and people still vote for them. SNP until independence. Best party in Scotland without a doubt. 

Unionist politicians have provided Scotland with over 30 billion pounds plus the Barnett bonus to tackle the Virus!!

Hunky Dory
46 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Unionist politicians have provided Scotland with over 30 billion pounds plus the Barnett bonus to tackle the Virus!!

Wrong. Try again.

Roxy Hearts
48 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Barnett is our own money!

jambos are go!
7 minutes ago, Hunky Dory said:

Wrong. Try again.

Enlighten me!

5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Enlighten me!

Roxy Hearts
22 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Enlighten me!

Enlighten me!

Our taxes! We provide WM with billions and billions and get a little back. You know that though or you're a unionist. 

jambos are go!
14 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Our taxes! We provide WM with billions and billions and get a little back. You know that though or you're a unionist. 

Evidence please. 

Hunky Dory
55 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Enlighten me!

Enlighten me!

Your figure is way off, you've seen a headline number and wrongly associated it with Scotland.

jambos are go!

Dear oh Dear. I am lost for words. 

Roxy Hearts
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Evidence please. 

Alright, we don't, if that suits your narrative. Scotland is too wee, too poor and too stupid. Can we have Scotland's full tax returns and what it sends to London. I heard it's quoted at approx 200 billion. 

Edited by Roxy Hearts

jambogaza
17 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Alright, we don't, if that suits your narrative. Scotland is too wee, too poor and too stupid. Can we have Scotland's full tax returns and what it sends to London. I heard it's quoted at approx 200 billion. 

Scotland's full tax returns will never see the light of day.

They know.

Roxy Hearts
20 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Scotland's full tax returns will never see the light of day.

They know.

It's painful reading that some Scots have no confidence in themselves or their country. Other countries manage quite well with a fraction of our resources. 

weehammy
12 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

It's painful reading that some Scots have no confidence in themselves or their country. Other countries manage quite well with a fraction of our resources. 

It’s entirely possible to be against independence while simultaneously being confident in oneself and one’s country.

Morgan
20 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Thanks for the chat.

I did not think I was being inconsiderate or horrible to you. 

I'm sorry we fell out here.

Take care of yourself. 

Oh my.

Zlatanable
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Oh my.

Hello @Morgan, good to see you are well. 

Carry on, pile in. 

Morgan
1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Hello @Morgan, good to see you are well. 

Carry on, pile in. 

:cornette:

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I did say some. 

Special Officer Doofy
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

It’s entirely possible to be against independence while simultaneously being confident in oneself and one’s country.

:lol:

Justin Z
1 hour ago, Morgan said:

:cornette:

Careful Morgan, you might be on the "get called an anti-semite" list now; I'd hate for that to happen to you

Hunky Dory
3 hours ago, jambos are go! said:

Dear oh Dear. I am lost for words. 

Awesome.

Space Mackerel
2 hours ago, weehammy said:

Have you booked in with your Therapist yet? 😃

Smithee
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

I hear there's a new guy in town, he's mixed analysis with therapy

th?id=OIP.JwAh5LXL-FokicgY0ySpUwHaEL%26p

weehammy
11 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Nobody likes a smart a*** mate.

Morgan
10 hours ago, Smithee said:

I hear there's a new guy in town, he's mixed analysis with therapy

th?id=OIP.JwAh5LXL-FokicgY0ySpUwHaEL%26p

Oddly enough, there was a poster on here about 14 years ago who had that as his username.

:wtf: 

Smithee
4 hours ago, Morgan said:

Oddly enough, there was a poster on here about 14 years ago who had that as his username.

:wtf: 

It's from Arrested Development ;)

ri Alban

So much for Humans being the top dog of the world. Little germs can take us oot at anytime.

jack D and coke
16 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

So much for Humans being the top dog of the world. Little germs can take us oot at anytime.

Civilisation is just a clearing in the forest.The forest can take it back anytime it likes. 

This has been a real eye opener. Our economies etc mean jack shit and look how quickly its imploding too. 

Smithee
1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Civilisation is just a clearing in the forest.The forest can take it back anytime it likes. 

This has been a real eye opener. Our economies etc mean jack shit and look how quickly its imploding too. 

The economy's always meant nothing and the Tories have always put it before human beings on the bottom rung.

Special Officer Doofy

Has anyone read the replies under Nicola Sturgeon’s and the Scottish Government’s tweets? Absolutely horrendous that people are using this current global crisis to make irrelevant political pot-shots. I honestly don’t know what is wrong with some people.

pablo

Ah, only seems like yesterday that we were having Separatists state with absolute certainty that the European Union was a more effective, relevant, compassionate and progressive union, than the one shared by the four Island Nations of the United Kingdom.

Let's see how that message lands with free thinking Scots at the end of this. 

XB52
54 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Has anyone read the replies under Nicola Sturgeon’s and the Scottish Government’s tweets? Absolutely horrendous that people are using this current global crisis to make irrelevant political pot-shots. I honestly don’t know what is wrong with some people.

It's called unionism. Their comments are getting more and more deranged as they see their precious union fade into history

Roxy Hearts
35 minutes ago, pablo said:

Ah, only seems like yesterday that we were having Separatists state with absolute certainty that the European Union was a more effective, relevant, compassionate and progressive union, than the one shared by the four Island Nations of the United Kingdom.

"Free thinking" Scots want independence. Other Scots are Brits and want to remain subservient. 

manaliveits105
37 minutes ago, pablo said:

Indeed a Kingdom United 

The White Cockade

Not the time for it really as we should all be concentrating on beating this virus but

Does anybody really think that the British State would roll out all the big guns to fight off the

chance of Scottish Independence every time there is a referendum  / vote if they pay over the odds to subsidise Scotland?

Really?

It is because the opposite is true

It is a well known fact that the Establishment ran a dirty tricks campaign to sabotage the 1979 Devolution Referendum as they

were terrified of losing the oil revenue

When this failed a late move to change the rules of the vote was implemented so that even though more than 50% voted Yes

there was no devolution as 40% of total electorate had not voted Yes

A rule that was a one off just to scupper this vote

People can believe in the Union or Independence as that is their right but to claim that the UK/England are subsidising Scotland is ludicrous or they wouldn't be so desperate to retain the status quo

When the Union was first "arranged" in 1707 the main driving force was for Scotland to take on a percentage of England's national debt sugar coated

with some short term help in relation to the state Scotland was in after the Darien disaster

felix
1 hour ago, jambogaza said:

Indeed, that is evidence. The OP has not produced a single shred of factual evidence other than his internal thoughts.

To be fair to the OP - he produced some figures a couple of pages ago - 4 weeks after starting the thread - showing support for the SNP fell slightly  in 2017 (against 2015's landslide) and then rose again at the 2019 elections.

Support has been rising again, against the Brexit backdrop - so all told; not the best thread title in terms of statistics..

Suspect the thread was wishful thinking from the OP , probably anticipating implosion after the Salmond trial..

Space Mackerel
1 hour ago, jambogaza said:

Indeed, that is evidence. The OP has not produced a single shred of factual evidence other than his internal thoughts.

I think his thoughts are more his personal wishes and pleas. 

Justin Z
1 hour ago, Space Mackerel said:

I think his thoughts are more his personal wishes and pleas.

On 13/03/2020 at 17:07, Zlatanable said:

This thread is called ' the rise and fall of The SNP'.

I specifically called this thread that, because to me, The SNP have had a rise, and currently, are in freefall.

:gok:

jambogaza
1 hour ago, felix said:

To be fair to the OP - he produced some figures a couple of pages ago - 4 weeks after starting the thread - showing support for the SNP fell slightly  in 2017 (against 2015's landslide) and then rose again at the 2019 elections.

Support has been rising again, against the Brexit backdrop - so all told; not the best thread title in terms of statistics..

Suspect the thread was wishful thinking from the OP , probably anticipating implosion after the Salmond trial..

I think the fall out from the trial will come but the public isn't as engaged in this as people think. Had he been imprisoned, that would have blown up the whole thing up and had more of an impact. Still believe Sturgeon will find her way through this.

The electorate broadly speaking trust Sturgeon and she reaches beyond the core support. Genuinely, who else would you have as FM?

The challenge for the SNP and the independence movement is making the case for independence post Covid 19 and in the backdrop of Brexit.

jambos are go!
1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

Not the time for it really as we should all be concentrating on beating this virus but

Does anybody really think that the British State would roll out all the big guns to fight off the

chance of Scottish Independence every time there is a referendum  / vote if they pay over the odds to subsidise Scotland?

Really?

It is because the opposite is true

It is a well known fact that the Establishment ran a dirty tricks campaign to sabotage the 1979 Devolution Referendum as they

were terrified of losing the oil revenue

When this failed a late move to change the rules of the vote was implemented so that even though more than 50% voted Yes

there was no devolution as 40% of total electorate had not voted Yes

A rule that was a one off just to scupper this vote

People can believe in the Union or Independence as that is their right but to claim that the UK/England are subsidising Scotland is ludicrous or they wouldn't be so desperate to retain the status quo

When the Union was first "arranged" in 1707 the main driving force was for Scotland to take on a percentage of England's national debt sugar coated

with some short term help in relation to the state Scotland was in after the Darien disaster

Have you heard of or read the GERS figured showing we receive a lot more than we put in?? Or is that another conspiracy??

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, jambos are go! said:

Have you heard of or read the GERS figured showing we receive a lot more than we put in?? Or is that another conspiracy??

Do you scrounge off your mates every time you go out for a drink?

Space Mackerel
15 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

:gok:

"freefall"

Up the way. :rofl:

H2
On 25/03/2020 at 19:14, Roxy Hearts said:

Eh? 

Could you give us break down of where all the tax comes from in the UK. I know its difficult for this financial year so 2028-19 will do.

Justin Z
2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

“freefall”

image.png.8ca234beee1fc8c5a1e202756c518860.png

0cd.png

Space Mackerel
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, H2 said:

Eh? 

Could you give us break down of where all the tax comes from in the UK. I know its difficult for this financial year so 2028-19 will do.

You give me £60 and I'll give you £40 back. You live in a high rise flat and I give you a lawnmower once a year as a gift.

I couldn't really afford the lawnmower so I have added the interest on the payments on to your debt.

Edited by Space Mackerel

Roxy Hearts
10 minutes ago, H2 said:

Eh? 

UK won't tell us what our true figures are! That's the point and I can't tell the future so maybe ask a unionist about 2028 as they have all the answers! 

H2
10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

UK won't tell us what our true figures are! That's the point and I can't tell the future so maybe ask a unionist about 2028 as they have all the answers! 

Have you sent a freedom of information question?

pablo
2 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Indeed a Kingdom United 

Absolutely. This choosing the wrong side where Europe is concerned is becoming a bit of a habit for Scottish Nationalists.

H2
16 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

You give me £60 and I'll give you £40 back. You live in a high rise flat and I give you a lawnmower once a year as a gift.

I couldn't really afford the lawnmower so I have added the interest on the payments on to your debt.

PMSL, That's what you lot do, avoid the question.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, H2 said:

PMSL, That's what you lot do, avoid the question.

No, its how it works. In simple layman's terms. You're choosing self denial.