The rise and fall of The SNP.

5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hoots aye water is the new oil and we will be rich rich and sail back into the EU and currency oh aye we will have one maybe.

Great work by Boris and Rishi today by the way 

we would have gone belly up if independent there’s no doubt

What makes you so sure? Asking more out of intrigue btw not in an obnoxious way

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

AlimOzturk
8 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Hoots aye water is the new oil and we will be rich rich and sail back into the EU and currency oh aye we will have one maybe.

:wtfvlad:

What you wrote is just incoherent nonsense. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Stamp duty freeze will help home buyers for sure however not that convinced folk will be that keen to move home in the current climate with so much uncertainty on the unemployment front.  

As for the VAT reduction for hospitality sectors...Rishi even said himself that he hoped the saving would be passed on to paying customers but he understands the sector has not made any money in over 3 months so I wouldn't be expecting a 15% saving on your meals out come August at many establishments.

45 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Just want to add that England will be running dry of water by the year 2035 if they continue to waste it the way they do. Consider this; loch Ness has more drinking water than the whole of England and Wales combined. Birmingham are already reliant on Wales providing their water resources. 

You can guarantee they will be advocating harvesting our water. 

Just need to read things like this. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/environment/england-run-out-of-water-25-years-scotland-is-the-answer-270651/amp

The stuff is liquid gold. We are utterly blessed with it. An independent Scotland will be the envy of the world in years to come as we bathe in the stuff and those ***** in Westminster will be begging us for it. I am not suggesting we hold them to random over an essential lifeline but we shouldn't be giving it away. 

It is currently a devolved issue but that would soon change if they were in a water crisis. 

Unfortunately at the stage England is running out of water, huge swathes of Europe would already be dry and Scotland wouldn't be far behind. It might not come to that though depending on rising sea levels which will have a similarly devastating impact. Best to plan globally I feel and try and stop it happening.

Pans Jambo
12 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

BORING LIES!!!

Pans Jambo

How about cutting the VAT rate across the board by 5% - 7.5% or even 10%? That would have helped big style but naw!

How about investing £500Bn across the UK over 5 years on house building infrastructure projects? Naw!

The government ends up getting most of it back anyway when the people start spending!

But, we can get a tenner off our Nandos on a Monday. That should fair kick-start the economy!

Tories on here will scream "wheres aw the munney coming from???? The magic money tree? Naw, the same place we get money to bomb folk in Yemen, pay for Nuclear crap we dont need and giving massive tax breaks to the already super wealthy. That magic money tree! (similar to the one we gifted £500Bn to the banks 11 years ago).

Phannies!

Edited by Pans Jambo

Space Mackerel
On 08/07/2020 at 18:45, hmfcbilly said:

I have now. Have you read this? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53263211 skip to the last paragraph of the report that relates to scottish drug deaths being highest proportionally in europe 

I remember when old Tories like you used to think of class A drug users as scum and a drain on society back in the good old days of the Trainspotting era.

Now you use them as propaganda.

Changed days indeed.

Maybe Rents, Sick Boy and Begbie needs a Union Flag draped round them for a photo op with Fat Doris?

Space Mackerel
On 22/02/2020 at 00:03, Zlatanable said:

Back in 2007, it was a very different picture. 

The Holyrood result in 2011 broke the system and allowed a minority view to overshadow the people of Scotland ever since.

Since then,  Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon have both failed in their only objective. 

The cost of pursuing an 'the end justifies the means' campaign is returning home to roost. 

And that is before any mention of sexual/financial indiscretions, that have been reported so far.

Now, in 2020, it seems like The SNP are finished. 

107792124_10156976959421012_1012514699157558562_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_sid=dbeb18&_nc_ohc=OMUlg8rRKpYAX8FYftr&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr2-1.fna&oh=522f7c5f0d7d4a581ce780ef0adc1c05&oe=5F2FFFF7

manaliveits105

They have screwed up with Nicky demanding be different to England on everything mantra - not only do middle earners pay more in income tax but when buying a house pay more property tax (lbtt) than our neighbours - free up to £500k down there to get the housing market kick started 

where’s the Ecktopus - get him back!

6 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

I remember when old Tories like you used to think of class A drug users as scum and a drain on society back in the good old days of the Trainspotting era.

Now you use them as propaganda.

Changed days indeed.

Maybe Rents, Sick Boy and Begbie needs a Union Flag draped round them for a photo op with Fat Doris?

What makes you think I'm a Conservative voter? If you'd bothered to check my previous comments on this thread you would've seen me clearly state im not aligned to any particular party and try and make an informed voting decision at each election. IMO, the days of being staunch of only voting Labour, tory, SNP or lib dem and never considering voting for anyone else are moving further away. Of course, there are still plenty golk who csnt see passed a particular party and will have their own reasons for voting and thats fair enough but the one excuse I cant stand is "I've always voted them". I deliberately say excuse as to me, that's not a reason.

If your going to try and get a rise out of me at least put a bit effort in to check your facts before being lazy. If you had, you would've read comments by me mention how I think the Tories have handled this very badly on many fronts. 

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

What makes you think I'm a Conservative voter?

That's a very brave question to ask!

Out of interest have you ever voted tory?

jack D and coke

How was there no hose pipe ban during corona lockdown incidentally? Barely a drop of rain for weeks and people watering gardens and washing their cars etc for fun...

Edit just reading that link above

Edited by jack D and coke

jack D and coke
3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

They have screwed up with Nicky demanding be different to England on everything mantra - not only do middle earners pay more in income tax but when buying a house pay more property tax (lbtt) than our neighbours - free up to £500k down there to get the housing market kick started 

where’s the Ecktopus - get him back!

Do you ever engage your brain? Or is it just whatever the WM government does you just demand we do regardless? Been in the property market lately? Trust me it’s one area that doesn’t need any help. How much extra tax do you pay? Does it even affect you? I bet you can’t even tell me...
Why don’t the tories do things to boost employment instead of keeping the property bubble massively over inflated?

It would do no harm for property prices to fall a bit or to even remain where they are for a bit. 
It’s an insane market. 

manaliveits105
34 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Where this nonsense that water is the new oil come from. 

Scotland, suffers from water shortages itself FFS. If England runs out we would not be far behind. Transporting of water has been at looked at loads of time and it’s not feasible for a variety of reasons. 

Whilst, water can be produced very easily it’s just a matter of cost. You can turn sea water into drinking water. 

The easiest method to address water shortages is by far and away addressing waste.Whether that is leakage from pipes or plain old better practices, 

The belief that Scotland will be transporting water through rest of UK or Europe is absolute nonsense. 

Belief is the death of logic I suppose 

OK but we must have gold - just need a few snp panning volunteers and we'll be fine 

Weakened Offender
On 08/07/2020 at 23:02, AlimOzturk said:

:wtfvlad:

What you wrote is just incoherent nonsense. 

Everything the dullard writes is incoherent nonsense. 

8 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Scotland, suffers from water shortages itself FFS. If England runs out we would not be far behind. Transporting of water has been at looked at loads of time and it’s not feasible for a variety of reasons. 

Whilst, water can be produced very easily it’s just a matter of cost. You can turn sea water into drinking water. 

The easiest method to address water shortages is by far and away addressing waste.Whether that is leakage from pipes or plain old better practices, 

The belief that Scotland will be transporting water through rest of UK or Europe is absolute nonsense. 

Utter drivel! 

Scottish water was is running at 91%. 🤣 But let's jump on the everything will run out in Scotland, bandwagon.

Scotland has more water in reserve than it uses. Councils may not maintain properly. Thats a completely different matter altogether. 

Here, have a ::facepaw::

SwindonJambo

Looking at this as objectively as I can, I just do not see how Scotland can ever have a shortage of water for its own consumption. It has loads of the stuff!

However, it’s hard to see it being economically viable to export it by piping it hundreds of miles elsewhere.

16 hours ago, Smithee said:

That's a very brave question to ask!

Out of interest have you ever voted tory?

I have smithee...last election. Ive also voted Labour and SNP at various elections in the past so not sure what that makes me?!

Unknown user
1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

I have smithee...last election. Ive also voted Labour and SNP at various elections in the past so not sure what that makes me?!

I don't see how you can get arsey about being called a Conservative voter then

Unknown user
5 hours ago, SwindonJambo said:

Looking at this as objectively as I can, I just do not see how Scotland can ever have a shortage of water for its own consumption. It has loads of the stuff!

However, it’s hard to see it being economically viable to export it by piping it hundreds of miles elsewhere.

We have ground water aplenty in the Highlands but there's no infrastructure in place to take it to our population centres. That'll change if circumstances do I assume.

The SG should declare independence. Going by everything I've read, I'm pretty sure the Coronavirus should run out. 

:yas:

6 hours ago, Smithee said:

I don't see how you can get arsey about being called a Conservative voter 

Was more the 'old tories like you' and general sweeping statement that prompted my response. I personally wouldn't describe that as being arsey. Think my follow on post tried to explain my views on voting covers why I don't think I was being arsey. 

Anyway, Sunday morning, suns oot so heres to a good day!

manaliveits105

New independence party call a "direct challenge" to Nicola Sturgeon

A senior Nationalist MP's claim that a new independence option at next year's Holyrood election could hasten a referendum has been branded a "direct challenge" to Nicola Sturgeon

Whats that comin over the hill is it an ecktopus ?? 0h dear,

7 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

New independence party call a "direct challenge" to Nicola Sturgeon

A senior Nationalist MP's claim that a new independence option at next year's Holyrood election could hasten a referendum has been branded a "direct challenge" to Nicola Sturgeon

Whats that comin over the hill is it an ecktopus ?? 0h dear,

You really are a parody of loony britnats aren't you. As for your point, it has long been the opinion that a new independence party, standing only on the list part of Scottish elections, would ensure an independence majority in holyrood. Presently the snp get so many first past the post msps that they hardly get any on the list system. Unlike the unionists who struggle to get anyone elected fptp and , like the losers they are, rely on the runner up votes via the list system.

Marty Byrde
1 hour ago, XB52 said:

You really are a parody of loony britnats aren't you. As for your point, it has long been the opinion that a new independence party, standing only on the list part of Scottish elections, would ensure an independence majority in holyrood. Presently the snp get so many first past the post msps that they hardly get any on the list system. Unlike the unionists who struggle to get anyone elected fptp and , like the losers they are, rely on the runner up votes via the list system.

Still reliant on WM enabling a referendum though, no matter whose in Holyrood.

manaliveits105

and no election for at least 4 years - I suspect the pending infighting amongst the brigadoon brigade will be detrimental not beneficial to independence no matter what spin they try and put on it. -  Labour will also regroup in Scotland now the commie has gone,

.Who would have thought Salmond destroys indy hopes but it has been a strange old world recently.

The Mighty Thor
15 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Nope,  still not fallen. 

tenor.gif

This. 

The impending stalled economy/Brexit shitshow at Westminster means that the fall of the SNP will remain a fantasy for the foreseeable future.

2 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

It’s from SEPA, so not so much as utter tripe but more a factual assessment of the situation 

Correcting people water isn’t the new oil is hardly bashing Scotland. Your paranoia is reaching new levels though 😂 

Scottish water say otherwise. 

As for pulling folk for bashing Scotland from Millwall. I'll say Utter tripe. 

Oil aplenty, vast water supplies,  the Saltire liberated in an Independent Scotland. 

:smugger:

Gers, Sepa and the BBC. :wavey:

Nae Luck the treasonous Scots who do the bidding of their Overlords from WM. Carlaw ya , your karma will be pleasing. 

31000 freshwater lochs, which most are unused. Aw Naw, we're running oot a Watter! 

Edited by ri Alban

On 08/07/2020 at 22:54, manaliveits105 said:

On 11/07/2020 at 09:14, Lord BJ said:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.phcppros.com/articles/8740-water-more-precious-than-gold&ved=2ahUKEwimkLy5icjqAhWEgVwKHd0gBRcQFjALegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3WQUEhMDnDMWtMPynGVbvi

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://money.cnn.com/2014/04/24/news/water-gold-price/index.html&ved=2ahUKEwimkLy5icjqAhWEgVwKHd0gBRcQFjAKegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw1VyFRDz8QUh8ko_M5bM2mc

Sorry for messy links.

Its predicted by many that most near future conflicts will be as a result of water.

Think Alban posted a thread on the Nile region which is predicted to run dry in the next decade.

BJ rightly points to technology as an answer.

That's very expensive.

Pipelining to England would alleviate their problems.

But imo this resource must be ours to control.

Big big massive credit to Holyrood for the ban on fracking.

Something given our geology that was short term at best.

Not everything should be valued on £ returns.

But think ourselves very lucky to turn a tap to sort our thirst.

I would like my bairns and theirs to have that protected.

I'm not a particular believer that oil would have made us rich but it was squandered .

Let's hope that doesnt happen with water.

It'd be much much cheaper for England to get water from the Lake District to other parts, as already happens with the Hawswater viaduct that runs under my house and takes water ti Bolton, than build the infrastructure to get it from Scotland.

4 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Those links just really point out the water sector has performed remarkably well as an investment over a period of time. That’s not really the same. I can point to loads of others sectors that have performed better than gold for the last 10 years. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The average water bill in less than £400 (U.K.) a year for pretty much as much as you can use and as much as you can flush away. It’s a pretty cheap product really. Granted it’s a bit more expensive when buying it via the Evian bottle 😂

The water sector has been very attractive to investors for a number of reasons. Technological and environmental in part but mainly they are cash stable business. That’s always attractive to investors.

There would be much cheaper ways to produce water than piping it down from the highlands to England. They would just build the infrastructures locally. Piping from highlands would be cost prohibitive and I’m not even sure technically possible.

Water is not the new oil, certainly not in a U.K. context and this belief we’re going.to have some amazing advantage over England or Europe cause it rains like **** doesn’t really pass the scratch and sniff text.

We share a island with England and Wales by in large climate wise what happens to one happens to other🤷🏻‍♂️ That’s been demonstrated recently.

There's ABSOLUTELY no shortage of water in England, I've lived in the North West for 17/18 years and it does feck all but rain! It's storage and waste that's the problem, it'd be far cheaper, as I said, to get water from the Lake District than from anywhere in Scotland, a few more Reservoirs are desperately needed for storage, altogether more financially viable to build Reservoirs and or pipe water from Engalnd to England than bring it from Scotland I'd have thought. I really don't see England running dry anytime soon.

If and when Scotland has to use its vast reserves of water, it will install the infrastructure it requires. But at the moment it taps into what it needs and more. 

We can just sell the excess to the countries who pay top dollar post independence. Like England and Wales. 

:profit:   :munny:

SEPA can concentrate on assessing whether councils and Scottish water are maintaining the supply to the Nation wisely or not. 

Again, Scottish Water who run the supply have stated that in April, when the so called droughts of Aberdeen and Edinburgh were talked about, The supply was running at 91% capacity. 

Again, 91%capacity. 

Oh and Again, 31000 freshwater lochs. Oh and Loch Ness has more water than England and Wales combined. 

:pleasingao:

1 minute ago, Lord BJ said:

Those links just really point out the water sector has performed remarkably well as an investment over a period of time. That’s not really the same. I can point to loads of others sectors that have performed gold for the last 10 years. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The average water bill in less than £400 a year for pretty much as much as you can use and as much as you can flush away. It’s a pretty cheap product really. Granted it’s a bit more expensive when buying it via the Evian bottle 😂

The water sector has been very attractive to investors for a number of reasons. Technological and environmental in part but mainly they are cash stable business. That’s always attractive to investors.

There would be so many more cheaper ways to produce water than piping it down from the highlands to England. They would just build the infrastructures locally. Piping from highlands would be cost prohibitive and I’m not even sure technically possible.

Water is not the new oil, certainly not in a U.K. context and this belief we’re going.to have some amazing advantage over England or Europe cause it rains like **** doesn’t really pass the scratch and sniff text.

We share a island with England and Wales by in large climate wise what happens to one happens to other🤷🏻‍♂️ That’s been demonstrated recently.

I could post loads of links about it.

I just lazily posted the first few.

Really disagree with you about its predicted and current value .

However I do concede it doesnt mean we will become a rich type oil state.

I do think our natural resources are of real value though and that it's not just availability but the demands on it.

Scotland has in comparison to other parts of the UK an abundance.

It's pretty much accepted that conflicts over water will become the norm although it's hard (summary of what I read)to say how bad they will be.

I just think regardless of its monetary value it's something we especially take for granted and should protect jealously.

That I think will best be done independently.

If we have to which I think we will pipe it to England then it wont be for free.

We pipe oil from Grangemouth to England atm I'm sure of that.

So not sure it's that cost prohibitive.

There is like you say measures that should be taken to minimise waste.

See the guy(Christian Bale's character) who invested in the Global crash? 

He invests only in water these days. 

:interehjrling:

16 minutes ago, jake said:

I do think our natural resources are of real value though and that it's not just availability but the demands on it.

It's pretty much accepted that conflicts over water will become the norm although it's hard (summary of what I read)to say how bad they will be.

I just think regardless of its monetary value it's something we especially take for granted and should protect jealously.

If we have to which I think we will pipe it to England then it wont be for free.

In a population of 67m inside the UK Scotland's resources don't stretch like they would as an independent country of 5.4m. Excess exportables. 

:munny:

Edited by ri Alban

Hugh Phamism
16 hours ago, jake said:

Don't think so. Maybe some gas lines connecting to England, but the Forties line ends at Grangemouth. 

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Hugh Phamism said:

Don't think so. Maybe some gas lines connecting to England, but the Forties line ends at Grangemouth. 

As far as I know this is correct, Grangemouth is the end point for that line. There are other end points for North Sea oil but not via Grangemouth.

9491f279ab9eaaeae3c5dcdffcd83d80f75b0514

Nice to see we will be showing our appreciation for our Dear Leader Kim Jong Sturgeon on Sunday.

I, for one will be out in the garden (mainly to scope out which of my neighbours are absolute wrong 'uns and not to take Amazon packages for in future).

Disturbing.

davemclaren

Didn’t millions clap for Boris earlier...seems only fair that Nicola gets one as well for avoiding catching it so far. 🤷🏼‍♂️