• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

The Continental Op
On 02/05/2020 at 08:27, ri Alban said:

According to Yougov the SNP are doomed. Just the 54% first vote and 45% regional. 68 seats and 10 for the Greens which make 78 from 129.

ย 

Aw nawwwwwwwwww!ย  ๐Ÿ˜ฑย The SNP and independence are doomed!

ย 

50% correct.

jambogaza

ย 

Panelbase

ย 

Scottish

ย voting intentions for Westminster (Panelbase, 1st-5th May 2020):

SNP 50% (+2)
Conservatives 26% (-1)
Labour 17% (+1)
Liberal Democrats 5% (n/c)
Greens 2% (-1)

Scottish Parliament constituency ballot:

SNP 53% (+2)
Conservatives 23% (-3)
Labour 15% (+1)
Liberal Democrats 5% (-1)
Greens 3% (n/c)

Scottish Parliament regional list ballot:

SNP 48% (n/c)
Conservatives 22% (-4)
Labour 15% (+2)
Liberal Democrats 7% (+1)
Greens 5% (-1)

ย 

It is a long, long way out but striking figures nonetheless.

East Lothian Jambo
4 hours ago, jambogaza said:

ย 

Panelbase

ย 

Scottish

ย voting intentions for Westminster (Panelbase, 1st-5th May 2020):

SNP 50% (+2)
Conservatives 26% (-1)
Labour 17% (+1)
Liberal Democrats 5% (n/c)
Greens 2% (-1)

Scottish Parliament constituency ballot:

SNP 53% (+2)
Conservatives 23% (-3)
Labour 15% (+1)
Liberal Democrats 5% (-1)
Greens 3% (n/c)

Scottish Parliament regional list ballot:

SNP 48% (n/c)
Conservatives 22% (-4)
Labour 15% (+2)
Liberal Democrats 7% (+1)
Greens 5% (-1)

ย 

It is a long, long way out but striking figures nonetheless.

What a ****ing country this isย 

5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

In pictures: Alex Salmond enjoys kick about at Street Soccer ...Whats that comin over the hill ?

He'll be told to GTF.ย 

Yesterday's man.ย 

4 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

What a ****ing country this isย 

Brilliant isn't it. People preferring a party that sticks up for Scotland, against unionist parties happy to talk down our country to please their masters in Westminster

Unknown user

In pictures: Alex Salmond enjoys kick about at Street Soccer ...Whats that comin over the hill ?

A man acquitted of any criminality in a court of law.ย 

Get over it.

East Lothian Jambo
2 hours ago, Smithee said:

A man acquitted of any criminality in a court of law.ย 

Get over it.

Mrย Salmond won't be over it though. He'll be thirsting for vengeance and those with whom he holds similar political allegiance will be firmly in his sights

ย 

Mrs Murrell will be towards the top of the listย 

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

Mrย Salmond won't be over it though. He'll be thirsting for vengeance and those with whom he holds similar political allegiance will be firmly in his sights

ย 

Sound, a man found innocent in a court of law though

East Lothian Jambo
20 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Absolutely.ย  I don't dispute that for a moment. He was found innocentย 

manaliveits105
21 hours ago, East Lothian Jambo said:

ย 

Spot on and Ms Cherry happy to throw her weight behind him to oust NS

East Lothian Jambo
45 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Spot on and Ms Cherry happy to throw her weight behind him to oust NS

Murrells may have a few challengesย 

Nucky Thompson
On 07/05/2020 at 18:39, Smithee said:

O.J Simpson was found innocent in a court of law tooย :rofl:

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

O.J Simpson was found innocent in a court of law tooย :rofl:

:laugh2:

• 3 weeks later...

ย 

Puts us in a favourable position.

Let's make sure independence means we utilise this precious commodity .

As it says as valuable as gold in the coming years.

ย 

ย 

ย 

Marty Byrde

Bairns reading off a script thanking Saint Nicola.

ย 

STV already pulled the video. Anyone see it?

ย 

ย 

Edited by Marty Byrde

4 hours ago, jake said:

ย 

Puts us in a favourable position.

Let's make sure independence means we utilise this precious commodity .

As it says as valuable as gold in the coming years.

ย 

ย 

ย 

:spoton:

3 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

oh dear as if fatty Blackford wasn't embarrassing enough

Cummings and Boris rubber stamping independence by the day.

ย 

ย 

Tick Tock!!!

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

:jambobanana:

Montgomery Brewster

oh dear as if fatty Blackford wasn't embarrassing enough

Heโ€™s a fat vermin weltย 

ย 

however as poster above says โ€œare they falling yet โ€œ ๐Ÿ˜‚

manaliveits105

Letโ€™s clap for the Scottish Care Home staff and residents so badly let down by SGย 

33 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Letโ€™s clap for the Scottish Care Home staff and residents so badly let down by SGย 

You should clap for the 20000 dead in England while you're at it. Or let's not.

ย 

What a disgusting way to political point score.ย 

6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

You should clap for the 20000 dead in England while you're at it. Or let's not.

ย 

What a disgusting way to political point score.ย 

ย 

I've never seen someone on a forum so hell-bent on lowering the bar even further from his previous low water mark, and by way of a steady flow of barely literate word vomit.

ย 

Imagine being that full of delusion, angst and self-loathing. Boggles the mind.

3 hours ago, Justin Z said:

ย 

I've never seen someone on a forum so hell-bent on lowering the bar even further from his previous low water mark, and by way of a steady flow of barely literate word vomit.

ย 

Imagine being that full of delusion, angst and self-loathing. Boggles the mind.

Blaming the press for Cummings endangering peoples lives on the CV thread, whilst praising BJ for ignoring questions. Stupid is what stupid does.ย 

ย 

Edited by ri Alban

• 1 month later...

There have now been several polls in 2020 that have yes in the lead. This is a consistent and unmistakable trend.

ย 

I think there are lots of factors here: Sturgeon's approval ratings, Brexit, disconnection from Westminster and the utter contempt it shows towards Scotland on a regular basis.

ย 

Independence is starting to feel inevitable. Even senior Tory/Labour Unionists are conceding this in private, according to the Sunday Times.

ย 

On these figures and trends, there will be a referendum in 2022 at the latest and YES will win big.

ย 

ย 

Be careful what you wish for....im not adverse to independence, i actually think Scotland could prosper well with the exports we have. Biggest issue I have is who would lead us if we did though? To me, none of the existing parties are fit to govern us as it stands. I've just posted this on the covid-19 thread in response to a comment on the Scottish health Secretary but i feel its relevant here too.......yep. I read an article yesterday that stated scotland has the worstย drugsย death in Europe and our total is also larger than the other 3 uk nationsย as a collective.ย How the hell does a nation of roughly 6 million people have more drug related deaths than a combined populationย  of around 60million from 3 other neighbouring nations?? I then checked unemployment and it seems Scotland also has the highest rate of unemployment from all the UK nations. When you add in the fact anyone earning over 24k a year is taxed higher than the rest of the UK youve really got to wonder wtf the SNP are doing, especially when anyoneย earning less than 24k is approximately ยฃ10 A YEAR better off than the rest of the UK. What an insult to lower earners thatย policy is. If your going to tax middle incomes more then the least youย shouldย do is ensure the people that need to benefitย most actually do!!ย ย 

Edited by hmfcbilly

Space Mackerel
On 05/07/2020 at 23:12, hmfcbilly said:

Be careful what you wish for....im not adverse to independence, i actually think Scotland could prosper well with the exports we have. Biggest issue I have is who would lead us if we did though? To me, none of the existing parties are fit to govern us as it stands. I've just posted this on the covid-19 thread in response to a comment on the Scottish health Secretary but i feel its relevant here too.......yep. I read an article yesterday that stated scotland has the worstย drugsย death in Europe and our total is also larger than the other 3 uk nationsย as a collective.ย How the hell does a nation of roughly 6 million people have more drug related deaths than a combined populationย  of around 60million from 3 other neighbouring nations?? I then checked unemployment and it seems Scotland also has the highest rate of unemployment from all the UK nations. When you add in the fact anyone earning over 24k a year is taxed higher than the rest of the UK youve really got to wonder wtf the SNP are doing, especially when anyoneย earning less than 24k is approximately ยฃ10 A YEAR better off than the rest of the UK. What an insult to lower earners thatย policy is. If your going to tax middle incomes more then the least youย shouldย do is ensure the people that need to benefitย most actually do!!ย ย 

ย 

Have you read this?

ย 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49357077

On 07/05/2020 at 10:32, XB52 said:

Brilliant isn't it. People preferring a party that sticks up for Scotland, against unionist parties happy to talk down our country to please their masters in Westminster

Thanks that's you and me on board - only need to convince a few million more ;)ย 

Unknown user
On 05/07/2020 at 23:12, hmfcbilly said:

ย 

How much more is someone on 24k taxed here than in England per year out of interest?

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

ย 

How much more is someone on 24k taxed here than in England per year out of interest?

ยฃ21.ย 

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, mac said:

Thanks that's you and me on board - only need to convince a few million more ;)

ย 

Enough convinced now. ๐Ÿ˜‰

ย 

Tick tock...ย 

Montgomery Brewster
3 hours ago, hmfcbilly said:

ยฃ21.ย 

Yes and bearing in mind you get free bus passes over 60, free prescriptions and free tuition for university as well. Not a bad return for the slightly extra tax.

ย 

people now starting to realise in their droves that the current

settlement with Westminster does not work and moving towards being a sovereign country.

ย 

we really need to go our own way. Top of my list would be universal basic Income and setting up a sovereign energy fund (oil, gas, hydro, wind) so that future citizens benefit and not pissing the money up the wall (ala tories in the 80โ€™s onwards)

ย 

ย 

AlimOzturk

Just want to add that England will be running dry of water by the year 2035 if they continue to waste it the way they do. Consider this; loch Ness has more drinking water than the whole of England and Wales combined. Birmingham are already reliant on Wales providing their water resources.ย 

ย 

You can guarantee they will be advocating harvesting our water.ย 

ย 

Just need to read things like this.ย 

ย 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/environment/england-run-out-of-water-25-years-scotland-is-the-answer-270651/amp

ย 

The stuff is liquid gold. We are utterly blessed with it. An independent Scotland will be the envy of the world in years to come as we bathe in the stuff and those ***** in Westminster will be begging us for it. I am not suggesting we hold them to random over an essential lifeline but we shouldn't be giving it away.ย 

ย 

It is currently a devolved issue but that would soon change if they were in a water crisis.ย 

Edited by AlimOzturk

3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Just want to add that England will be running dry of water by the year 2035 if they continue to waste it the way they do. Consider this; loch Ness has more drinking water than the whole of England and Wales combined. Birmingham are already reliant on Wales providing their water resources.ย 

ย 

You can guarantee they will be advocating harvesting our water.ย 

ย 

Just need to read things like this.ย 

ย 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/inews.co.uk/news/environment/england-run-out-of-water-25-years-scotland-is-the-answer-270651/amp

ย 

The stuff is liquid gold. We are utterly blessed with it. An independent Scotland will be the envy of the world in years to come as we bathe in the stuff and those ***** in Westminster will be begging us for it. I am not suggesting we hold them to random over an essential lifeline but we shouldn't be giving it away.ย 

ย 

It is currently a devolved issue but that would soon change if they were in a water crisis.ย 

Aye, but... but... The rain will run oot, if we vote Yes!!! :(

42 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Yes and bearing in mind you get free bus passes over 60, free prescriptions and free tuition for university as well. Not a bad return for the slightly extra tax.

ย 

people now starting to realise in their droves that the current

settlement with Westminster does not work and moving towards being a sovereign country.

ย 

we really need to go our own way. Top of my list would be universal basic Income and setting up a sovereign energy fund (oil, gas, hydro, wind) so that future citizens benefit and not pissing the money up the wall (ala tories in the 80โ€™s onwards)

ย 

ย 

The 3 examples are only of benefit if you use or qualify for them. Free prescriptions great if you have ongoing health issues but if you have a virus or infection surely it would save a decent sum of money if we still paid for the odd antibiotic? Free bus pass from 60 is a nice perk but my understanding is folk in Wales (although the Welsh plan to increase the age) and NI also get free bus travel at 60 and even londoners get free tube and bus travel from 60 too. As for free university, thats nice too but what percentage of people actually benefit from that? Also, I struggle to understand how every EU citizen gets free University education if they come to study in Scotland but students from NI, England and Wales have to pay๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

ย 

I'm no fan of Boris Johnson and I think he has handled this whole pandemic terribly and almost criminal at times.ย  I am also open minded when it comes to Independence but I think all too often some folk focus too much solely on getting Independence rather than what we (Scotland) would do with it if it became a reality.ย 

ย 

I like your last point about the sovereign energy fund. We have a lot of natural resources that, if managed correctly, could be a good source of income for a Scottish economyย 

manaliveits105

Hoots aye water is the new oil and we will be rich rich and sail back into the EU and currency oh aye we will have one maybe.

ย 

Great work by Boris and Rishi today by the wayย 

we would have gone belly up if independent thereโ€™s no doubt