The rise and fall of The SNP.

colinmaroon
On 04/04/2020 at 12:21, manaliveits105 said:

The appointment of Kier Starmer should ensure that the Scottish Labour temporary defectors to the snp get back aboard the Labour train now 

bye bye indy 👋 

One problem there.

SCOTTISH Labour!

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

colinmaroon
On 05/04/2020 at 19:11, jambogaza said:

70 plus seats though.

Not another credible leader in Scotland and you know it. SNP will be in office for several years yet.

Any in depth investigation of 70 Tories would find enough evidence to build a new prison.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, benny said:

Imagine the seethe from the snp supporters if Ann Budge was in charge of the sick kids project.😄

Explain? 

The SNP didn't build the thing, the construction company fecked it up. Would you rather just open an unventilated hospital and stick the weans in, just to hit targets. Or make sure it's safe for use. Especially in these times of Coronavirus.

Edited by ri Alban

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Explain? 

The SNP didn't build the thing, the construction company fecked it up. Would you rather just open an unventilated hospital and stick the weans in, just to hit targets. Or make sure it's safe for use. Especially in these times of Coronavirus.

She didn't build the new bridge as well but took a lot of credit for it.😄

SNP just hingin oan noo likesay 😂😂

Latest Daily Express headline is somebody somewhere thinks Nicola Sturgeon is the most dangerous women in the world 😂😂😂

According to Yougov the SNP are doomed. Just the 54% first vote and 45% regional. 68 seats and 10 for the Greens which make 78 from 129.

Aw nawwwwwwwwww!  😱 The SNP and independence are doomed!

Edited by ri Alban

11 hours ago, luckydug said:

SNP just hingin oan noo likesay 😂😂

Latest Daily Express headline is somebody somewhere thinks Nicola Sturgeon is the most dangerous women in the world 😂😂😂

The Tory Express have dragged up a headline from a 5 year old article , written by Piers Morgan, just prior to the 2015 SNP election landslide !

Strange timing, but good to know they're still seething.

Dawnrazor
5 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

No happening though ay :greggy:

No, but neither is independence 🤣👍

manaliveits105

Exactly :ears:

Footnote for the hard of thinking - someone who does not agree with your politics is not a troll its just someone who does not agree with your politics 

:cornette_dog:

You've gotta love our wee, and getting smaller, band of ultra unionists. Stick your hands over your eyes so you can refuse to see the facts.

Poor wee Manalive and Dawnrazor, next year. :cry:

Me :jambobanana:

Scotland in 2022 :wavey:

:yas:

Dawnrazor
7 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Poor wee Manalive and Dawnrazor, next year. :cry:

Me :jambobanana:

Scotland in 2022 :wavey:

:yas:

🤣🤣🤣

You've started oan the bevy early the day!!

Space Mackerel
5 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/hate-legislation-is-blasphemy-law-by-another-name/amp

Are the opposition going to do their job here, or is this going to require another Supreme Court trip like we did with Named Persons?

Is this a Fraser Nelson piece? The marbles in the mooth thinking mans Scotchman? 

Enzo Chiefo

As soon as Boris shows Sturgeon the route map out of lockdown,  her biggest fear will be realised....the Salmond Express will be thundering down the tracks and the SNP , and she, will be toast! 

12 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣🤣🤣

You've started oan the bevy early the day!!

Never too early.

:olly:

:D

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

See the now. Give it a rest lads👍🏼

We need a distraction, Jackie. 👍 

And it kept out the Coronavirus thread.

Edited by ri Alban

4 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

As soon as Boris shows Sturgeon the route map out of lockdown,  her biggest fear will be realised....the Salmond Express will be thundering down the tracks and the SNP , and she, will be toast! 

Boris the 55 year old(56 in June) has a baby with just turned 32 year old. Creepy old bast...

Edited by ri Alban

The Mighty Thor

Always good to check in to this testament to folly every now and then.

Boris' roadmap out of lockdown is the next extinction event for the Scottish government? 

Could be on to something there as his handling of the Pandemic has been absolutely stellar so far. 

I'll pop in next week for an update 👍

Edited by The Mighty Thor

Nucky Thompson

It depends what happens when it comes to easing lockdown. If the rest of the UK starts coming out and NS digs her heels in, it could be political suicide.

I can't see the Scottish people putting up with it for long and how can you apply different rules up here? 

Would I get stopped at the border if England eased traffic restrictions and Scotland didn't?

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It depends what happens when it comes to easing lockdown. If the rest of the UK starts coming out and NS digs her heels in, it could be political suicide.

I can't see the Scottish people putting up with it for long and how can you apply different rules up here? 

Would I get stopped at the border if England eased traffic restrictions and Scotland didn't?

Health and Police are devolved so I do not think the people of Scotland would have a problem. 

2 questions Nukes? 

What is she was right to do so. 

What if Scotland decided to unlock and England didn't. 

Either way staunchers would call her names. 

Edited by ri Alban

manaliveits105

not enough tests - ppe shortages - carnage in care homes = Boris & Tories total failure

not enough tests - ppe shortages - carnage in care homes = Nicky & SNP eh did ok really

jambogaza
21 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

not enough tests - ppe shortages - carnage in care homes = Boris & Tories total failure

not enough tests - ppe shortages - carnage in care homes = Nicky & SNP eh did ok really

75% of Scots think the Sturgeon is doing a good job, compared to 48% for the Tories.

I know that doesn't fit your narrative but there you go.

4 hours ago, jambogaza said:

75% of Scots think the Sturgeon is doing a good job, compared to 48% for the Tories.

Isn't it adorable how he thinks he gets labelled a troll merely for having a different opinion? :lol:

Nucky Thompson
5 hours ago, jambogaza said:

So half the people in Scotland think the Tories are doing a good job?

No bad considering we're meant to hate the Tories up here

dobmisterdobster
21 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Is this a Fraser Nelson piece? The marbles in the mooth thinking mans Scotchman? 

No, just the SNP quietly repackaging its repealed Football Bill under the cover of Covid. #JustSNPthings

Montgomery Brewster
On 01/05/2020 at 16:51, Weakened Offender said:

Any word on that fall? 

Maybe the title thread should be changed to rise, fall and potential rise again of the snp ? 

jambogaza
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

So half the people in Scotland think the Tories are doing a good job?

No bad considering we're meant to hate the Tories up here

Of their handling of the crisis.

Boris still on -15 ratings though, compared to +46 Sturgeon.

The Mighty Thor
2 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

Of their handling of the crisis.

Boris still on -15 ratings though, compared to +46 Sturgeon.

He's actually polling well as he's been invisible since March. 

Give it a few weeks of the kind of performance he put in on Friday and it'll be much worse. 

Space Mackerel
On 03/05/2020 at 20:59, The Mighty Thor said:

He's actually polling well as he's been invisible since March. 

Give it a few weeks of the kind of performance he put in on Friday and it'll be much worse. 

NLTF

Image may contain: possible text that says 'Don't let them gaslight you. The Tories are succeeding in stage managing current events and turning them into a story about unavoidable tragedy filled with heartwarming tales of heroism and the best of British when it is in fact a story about failed, unfathomably greedy, sociopathic, neoliberal system with blood on its hands and cowardly, criminally negligent leadership that places the economy before the people. Don't let them gaslight you.'

Seems like the case for an independent Scotland is growing and this crisis has underlined that. Not that it is something to celebrate. The Tories attempts at managing this crisis has caused people their lives. Failing to shut down airports, the initial vain attempt to protect the economy at the expense of it spreading unchecked for longer. Its terrible. Regardless of what side of the fence you land there needs to be an inquiry on this. We're a bloody island, we could have and should have reacted better to this. Look at New Zealands fast response. It could have been done. 

I think the economic argument is still not going anywhere fast. I think the SNP need to be able to convince people that the only way to protect their jobs, protect the economy, improve their standard of living is to vote Yes when we do eventually have the next referendum. I think without that its going to hurt the undecideds hugely. I think the impact of Brexit will probably be exacerbated by Covid 19 as when we do finally deal with the virus the global economy will surely have taken a big knock. Whether that sways people is another thing. 

I really hope to see Independence happen in my lifetime. I'm not even angry with the Tories anymore. Just disappointed at the direction the UK is going in. The leaders of this Union are utterly disconnected from reality and continuing to subject ourselves to that when there is an alternative is saddening. Hopefully, credibility grows in the aftermath of this and there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, OTT said:

Seems like the case for an independent Scotland is growing and this crisis has underlined that. Not that it is something to celebrate. The Tories attempts at managing this crisis has caused people their lives. Failing to shut down airports, the initial vain attempt to protect the economy at the expense of it spreading unchecked for longer. Its terrible. Regardless of what side of the fence you land there needs to be an inquiry on this. We're a bloody island, we could have and should have reacted better to this. Look at New Zealands fast response. It could have been done. 

I think the economic argument is still not going anywhere fast. I think the SNP need to be able to convince people that the only way to protect their jobs, protect the economy, improve their standard of living is to vote Yes when we do eventually have the next referendum. I think without that its going to hurt the undecideds hugely. I think the impact of Brexit will probably be exacerbated by Covid 19 as when we do finally deal with the virus the global economy will surely have taken a big knock. Whether that sways people is another thing. 

I really hope to see Independence happen in my lifetime. I'm not even angry with the Tories anymore. Just disappointed at the direction the UK is going in. The leaders of this Union are utterly disconnected from reality and continuing to subject ourselves to that when there is an alternative is saddening. Hopefully, credibility grows in the aftermath of this and there is light at the end of the tunnel. 

That's a bit much mate, ouch!!

manaliveits105
7 hours ago, OTT said:

Yeah it’s the Ecktopus express !

and you do know the SG have been responsible for the response in Scotland 

Governor Tarkin
On 03/05/2020 at 03:38, ri Alban said:

Boris the 55 year old(56 in June) has a baby with just turned 32 year old. Creepy old bast...

Top shagger, more like.

Credit where credit's due, surely.

30 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Top shagger, more like.

Credit where credit's due, surely.

Nae , old predators with money are just predators. But hey it's only Boris.

Governor Tarkin
30 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Nae , old predators with money are just predators. But hey it's only Boris.

Not much of a shegger yourself then, no?

Just 'cos the serial pumping is not your game don't decry those for whom it comes with the teritory.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

jambogaza
9 hours ago, OTT said:

You are right to point out that this crisis has not killed the prospect of Scottish independence, as many unionist were desperate to point out in the early days of the pandemic. Quite the opposite. It has raised more questions about self governance and devolution. As one commentator put it this morning, people are much more 'nation conscious' at the moment and that will enter considerations when thinking about picking up the pieces post-pandemic.

Of course, the arguments from those on the unionist will be broad shoulders, pooling and sharing etc etc. And there is a debate to be had there, about how and in what way Scotland recovers from this. But this crisis has not pulled the UK closer together, I don't think. A poll yesterday had it 50:50 in terms of yes or no. It will be interesting to see if that changes as and when politicians and others start talking about the future again.

On 22/02/2020 at 00:03, Zlatanable said:

Back in 2007, it was a very different picture. 

The Holyrood result in 2011 broke the system and allowed a minority view to overshadow the people of Scotland ever since.

Since then,  Alex Salmond and Nicola Sturgeon have both failed in their only objective. 

The cost of pursuing an 'the end justifies the means' campaign is returning home to roost. 

And that is before any mention of sexual/financial indiscretions, that have been reported so far.

Now, in 2020, it seems like The SNP are finished. 

😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Not much of a shegger yourself then, no?

Just 'cos the serial pumping is not your game don't decry those for whom it comes with the teritory.

Some folk respect their wife. 👍 Faithful for 24 years and til the day I die or she kills me. :)

Edited by ri Alban

Governor Tarkin
22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Some folk respect their wife. 👍 Faithful for 24 years and til the day I die or she kills me. :)

Good on you, aussieh. 👍

Aye, I'm in that camp too, but I've no beef with the sheggers.

I remember the days fondly. :(

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Good on you, aussieh. 👍

Aye, I'm in that camp too, but I've no beef with the sheggers.

I remember the days fondly. :(

I can't even remember posting this post.