The rise and fall of The SNP.

7 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

It'll have suffered a little, she'll have to walk a line going forward when calling out opposition politicians on integrity but i think the credibility of Davidson/Ross will suffer as she hammers home that their motivations were not to support the women who complained. 

The PR own goal of the Tories to focus solely on Sturgeon was a mistake, they overlooked the women time and time again. 

Their behaviour will be a turn off for more people than questions over whether or not Sturgeon screwed up over a meeting. 

NS is an exposed liar and you know it. Keep the faith though. Brussels and customs border here we come.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Just now, JackLadd said:

NS is an exposed liar and you know it. Keep the faith though. Brussels and customs border here we come.

BoJo, Hancock and Patel are exposed liars. NS exonerated. 

4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Too busy laughing at you and the rest of the clowns.

Mind you don't burst a hernia or lose the wallies. That would be a wee shame.

Some STILL taking it HARD today. I don't think I was this pissed off when we lost the 2014 Indy Ref.

Wait until this yoony lot lose the next one, be quiet in here for months!

Scotlamd is rotten to the core and Sturgeon's pick n mix view of democracy will be on show again tomorrow.  She is damaged goods though and the country has the chance to send these divisive crooks and charlatans packing in May. Vote tactically and get them to ****.

So, Enzo, lets assume your hyperbole is correct - just who in hell's name do you think we should vote in, instead?

The tories - who are steeped in corruption, with their Westminster leader found guilty of breaking the ministerial code, with their contracts for donations etc? Political luminaries like Douglas Ross, Murdo Fraser and the thickest of the thick, Annie Wells - all with tank commander as cheer leader before she swans off to the House of Lords? Tell me, did Mundell ever find his spine?

Labour - who we turned our backs on because they did less than **** all for this country, led by a gormless millionaire who's family legacy is one of corruption, with the likes of Jackie Ballie, who could lie with her mouth stitched shut, who stood with the Tories when this country only wanted to voice its opinion on self-determination?

Which of those parties is going to reduce foodbanks and improve the lot of kids who still live in poverty in a supposedly rich country?

I'd love a genuine reason because the only other party I'd consider currently are the greens, and I'm not certain about some of their policies.

13 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Absolutely, Space Cadet. Looks like you've got problems at home there though. Hope you getting everything cleaned up before it's time to pop your SNP swastika on the window, ahead of the election.👍 

Ah, you're just a hysterical zoomer, never mind then. 

Enzo Chiefo
13 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

So, Enzo, lets assume your hyperbole is correct - just who in hell's name do you think we should vote in, instead?

The tories - who are steeped in corruption, with their Westminster leader found guilty of breaking the ministerial code, with their contracts for donations etc? Political luminaries like Douglas Ross, Murdo Fraser and the thickest of the thick, Annie Wells - all with tank commander as cheer leader before she swans off to the House of Lords? Tell me, did Mundell ever find his spine?

Labour - who we turned our backs on because they did less than **** all for this country, led by a gormless millionaire who's family legacy is one of corruption, with the likes of Jackie Ballie, who could lie with her mouth stitched shut, who stood with the Tories when this country only wanted to voice its opinion on self-determination?

Which of those parties is going to reduce foodbanks and improve the lot of kids who still live in poverty in a supposedly rich country?

I'd love a genuine reason because the only other party I'd consider currently are the greens, and I'm not certain about some of their policies.

Ah, you're just a hysterical zoomer, never mind then. 

The Lib Dems, Labour and the Conservatives would all work WITH the UK govt to address the issues that you raise. Focusing on areas that ARE devolved to Holyrood rather than grandstanding on subjects that are not, Brexit, the constitution etc.

The SNP are mired in sleaze, spin and corruption. From Derek Mackay,  Alex Salmond, to Patrick Grady, to the senior govt official who leaked details of Salmond's criminal charges to the Daily Record. Only yesterday, James Campbell QC lamented the fact that his full independent report could not be published in full, despite being "in the public interest". He warned it meant the report could not be "properly understood" and could present an "incomplete " and "misleading" view of events. The FM was also found today, by a cross party committee' to have misled parliament.  Aside from that, over 13 years, they have proved to be completely incompetent in almost everything they have touched. Their first term promises about class sizes and local income tax have not been kept...13 years later.  Health, education, policing, flawed, intrusive, totalitarian legislation from Named Persons to Hate Crime to Singing at Football.  Utterly inept. You vote, of course, for who you wish but if you're basing the vote on this shower's record in govt then only you can explain why.

2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

What a car crash of a thread this is, the main protagonists on both sides should meet up in Holyrood Park for a good pagger I would happily wander past for a wee nosey.

As I said last night can you imagine this place if there was another independence vote 😱

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

I think you've misread my post - at no point have i offered support to Sturgeon. 

I've offered an opinion on how Sturgeon and the Tories will look to the general public. The emphasis will be cynically moved towards the callousness of the Tories to go for the jugular whilst barely referencing the women who complained. I'm not sure why you can't see that's how it'll go. Portraying the Tories as Nasty is a vote winner for the SNP.

Best advice - would calm down on pointing fingers in your posts and read through them more carefully as you are having a howler. 

Not had a proper look through this thread  but my sides have split at those that predicted a much darker day of reckoning for NS. It must all be oh so disappointing.

21 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

The Hamilton report clearly backs up the findings that were leaked last week.  

No it won't. He is not daft. He knows the gallery. Plus, he has all but been discredited throughout this. The conspiracies debunked. The accusations against NS unfounded. But you could be right, he could do what he knows best. Lash out.

John Findlay
51 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

The Lib Dems, Labour and the Conservatives would all work WITH the UK govt to address the issues that you raise. Focusing on areas that ARE devolved to Holyrood rather than grandstanding on subjects that are not, Brexit, the constitution etc.

The SNP are mired in sleaze, spin and corruption. From Derek Mackay,  Alex Salmond, to Patrick Grady, to the senior govt official who leaked details of Salmond's criminal charges to the Daily Record. Only yesterday, James Campbell QC lamented the fact that his full independent report could not be published in full, despite being "in the public interest". He warned it meant the report could not be "properly understood" and could present an "incomplete " and "misleading" view of events. The FM was also found today, by a cross party committee' to have misled parliament.  Aside from that, over 13 years, they have proved to be completely incompetent in almost everything they have touched. Their first term promises about class sizes and local income tax have not been kept...13 years later.  Health, education, policing, flawed, intrusive, totalitarian legislation from Named Persons to Hate Crime to Singing at Football.  Utterly inept. You vote, of course, for who you wish but if you're basing the vote on this shower's record in govt then only you can explain why.

How did the SNP become so strong in the first place?

Wouldnt have anything to do with the Scottish electorate thinking that the Conservative and Unionist party, Labour(old and new), and the Liberal democrats for three hundred years between them hadnt actually done to much for the peoples of Scotland.

6 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Wouldnt have anything to do with the Scottish electorate thinking that the Conservative and Unionist party, Labour(old and new), and the Liberal democrats for three hundred years between them hadnt actually done to much for the peoples of Scotland.

Well we had the freebies, the council tax freeze and the rest. Bribes work and chip away at old loyalties. The end game was never help the people but get enough fooled which has been quite successful until Salmondgate exposed multiple fault lines and a gaping deceitful hole at the core of this 14 year discredited and shambolic SG.  

Enzo Chiefo
34 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Perhaps the problem lies with "the people of Scotland" always waiting for and expecting somebody to "do something for them".  Others, focus on doing something for themselves.  It's a 2 way street.  

Enzo Chiefo
4 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Are you proud of that he got Brexit done with the worst possible deal for Scotland. The true consequencies of which have yet to be revealed due to the Tories hiding the real facts behind the Covid pandemic or citing teething problems as to why our Fishing and Farming Industries are falling apart.

Little or no financial help is being offered to them but Sunak can find billions to fund more nuclear weapons.

You do realise that the "bad deal for Scotland " that affects 16% of our trade would be the very same deal on which an Independent Scotland, in Europe ,would trade with rUK, representing 65% of exports. Complete with customs posts at Gretna. Sounds like a plan.:cornette:

https://apple.news/AKm11D-VvQ1ehK-l-0kpgIw

Nicola Sturgeon has survived a vote of no confidence in her leadership after a Holyrood committee found she misled parliament.

The Scottish Conservatives tabled the motion of no confidence, but it was always expected to fail after the Scottish Greens said they would not support such a vote.

It comes after a cross-party committee of MSPs found the Scottish government's handling of harassment complaints against Alex Salmond was "seriously flawed".

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Nicola Sturgeon has survived a vote of no confidence in her leadership after a Holyrood committee found she misled parliament.

The Scottish Conservatives tabled the motion of no confidence, but it was always expected to fail after the Scottish Greens said they would not support such a vote.

It comes after a cross-party committee of MSPs found the Scottish government's handling of harassment complaints against Alex Salmond was "seriously flawed".

:glorious:

32 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Well we had the freebies, the council tax freeze and the rest. Bribes work and chip away at old loyalties. The end game was never help the people but get enough fooled which has been quite successful until Salmondgate exposed multiple fault lines and a gaping deceitful hole at the core of this 14 year discredited and shambolic SG.  

Do you think these freebies would remain if the SNP weren't in power and a unionist government that were in line with Westminster were instead? Do you want to pay for prescriptions like in England? Pay for education? 

What is it about Scotland (or yourself) that you hate so much? Do you really think the governing going on in Westminster is better than what we have in Holyrood and that your life would be better?

Edited by kila

65 votes against the motion

31 votes for the motion

27 abstentions

Skooshed it.

Onwards to another massive Landslide in May.

Sarwar has to be most ineffective meek and weasely wee guy in that assembly and that's saying something. Was opining a Labour vote but he just lost me. Nothing but an accomplice and enabler like the clown Harvie.

Just now, JackLadd said:

Sarwar has to be most ineffective meek and weasely wee guy in that assembly and that's saying something. Was opining a Labour vote but he just lost me. Nothing but an accomplice and enabler like the clown Harvie.

So you'll be voting for Willie Rennie then? 🤔 

17 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You do realise that the "bad deal for Scotland " that affects 16% of our trade would be the very same deal on which an Independent Scotland, in Europe ,would trade with rUK, representing 65% of exports. Complete with customs posts at Gretna. Sounds like a plan.:cornette:

You do realise that Scotland as a Nation did not vote for Brexit? 

Are you suggesting that our trade with the rest of the UK would cease if we became Independent?

That is hearsay about a customes post at Gretna.

Any plan that gets us away from Boris and his Cronies is a good one for Scotland. We are plenty rich enough to get on without them holding us back.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Cade said:

31 votes for the motion

27 abstentions

Skooshed it.

2 bad days in a row for the foamers.

6 minutes ago, kila said:

Do you think these freebies would remain if the SNP weren't in power and a unionist government that were in line with Westminster were instead? Do you want to pay for prescriptions like in England? Pay for education? 

What is it about Scotland (or yourself) that you hate so much? Do you really think the governing going on in Westminster is better than what we have in Holyrood and that your life would be better?

Of course they'd stay in place. The governing in Westminster is why we have the freebies, stupid. Day one of iScotland they go, or they stay until the IMF run us and pensions and benefits are Grecofied. Scotland has a 10% borrowing requirement and that's at pre pandemic taxation revenue. On a new currency with a customs border that trebles. They won't be getting my tax btw. Out of here whether I can sell up or not.

13 minutes ago, Cade said:

31 votes for the motion

27 abstentions

Skooshed it.

👍

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Might just spoil the ballot and write a big eff the SNP on it. 

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You do realise that Scotland as a Nation did not vote for Brexit? 

Are you suggesting that our trade with the rest of the UK would cease if we became Independent?

That is hearsay about a customes post at Gretna.

Any plan that gets us away from Boris and his Cronies is a good one for Scotland. We are plenty rich enough to get on without them holding us back.

You need to check your facts Davy. If Scotland joins the EU it will still trade with the rUK but under the very same deal that Boris negotiated. That would involve a border in the same way as it has with Northern and southern Ireland.  

You are aware "Scotland" wasn't voting in the EU referendum. The UK was the member state, individuals voted in a UK wide poll and the majority won. Democracy in action.

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Of course they'd stay in place. The governing in Westminster is why we have the freebies, stupid. Day one of iScotland they go, or they stay until the IMF run us and pensions and benefits are Grecofied. Scotland has a 10% borrowing requirement and that's at pre pandemic taxation revenue. On a new currency with a customs border that trebles. They won't be getting my tax btw. Out of here whether I can sell up or not.

🤣

I guess you've already made up your narrow mind. Be sure to send us a postcard.

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

I know who the stupid one is. They most certainly would not stay in place as the Tories would make us the same as the rest of England.

The sooner you go the better. Not paying tax is a typical Tory thing :bravo:

Jeffros Furios

This thread is like a bunch of drunk women hitting each other with handbags.  Good stuff 😀

Think this will be a piss over for the SNP now tbh. Possible majority. 

Can’t believe the tories pushed on with that motion of no confidence after yesterday’s events and the leaking of the committees result. 

Sturgeon now untouchable. 

Just now, wavydavy said:

I know who the stupid one is. They most certainly would not stay in place as the Tories would make us the same as the rest of England.

The sooner you go the better. Not paying tax is a typical Tory thing :bravo:

I see you are quite clueless and brain washed like most nat cultists. And I will be paying tax son, just not to your dear leader. If I can help it that is.

14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Alex Salmond’s new Independence Party 😉 To be announced later this week. 

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think this will be a piss over for the SNP now tbh. Possible majority. 

Can’t believe the tories pushed on with that motion of no confidence after yesterday’s events and the leaking of the committees result. 

Sturgeon now untouchable. 

You sound like a mobster rejoicing their teflon don's latest get out of jail free card.  

9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

We will have so much more room to accept those seeking asylum when you and the rest of the foaming yoons depart 

6 minutes ago, lou said:

We will have so much more room to accept those seeking asylum when you and the rest of the foaming yoons depart 

😅 Well, I will be sure to recommend Boris transports every dingy full of chancers that land in Kent to your wee bare ersed hill and glen. Not sure they will want to go mind. Human rights infringed. 😅😅 

Edited by JackLadd

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You need to check your facts Davy. If Scotland joins the EU it will still trade with the rUK but under the very same deal that Boris negotiated. That would involve a border in the same way as it has with Northern and southern Ireland.  

You are aware "Scotland" wasn't voting in the EU referendum. The UK was the member state, individuals voted in a UK wide poll and the majority won. Democracy in action.

I never said we wouldn't have the same deal but it is not a good one for Scotland. 

I know that Scotland wasn't voting as a seperate Nation as we are still part of the UK. More's the pity as we would still be in the EU if we were Independent.

The border is something that would be up for negotiation that is on the assumption that an Independent Scotland rejoined the EU.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

Why do so many 'Scottish' people seem to hate Scotland ? 

I don't know why they vote snp either. True.

13 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I see you are quite clueless and brain washed like most nat cultists. And I will be paying tax son, just not to your dear leader. If I can help it that is.

I think you are brain dead.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

I think I'm debating a child here. Too blunt for my blade. Good luck anyway slaverDavy.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Why do so many 'Scottish' people seem to hate Scotland ? 

It's amazing the amount of self loathing. 

I'm surprised they stay here. 

18 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

You sound like a mobster rejoicing their teflon don's latest get out of jail free card.  

Say it how I see it. That’s all. 

1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

:glorious:

2 hours ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You'll need one hell of a lot of evidence to convince me that the SNP are even a 10th as corrupt as the Tories, who have been proven time and time again to be thus. Are you calling for Johnson's head for him being found to have breached the ministerial code or for botching the pandemic response, costing thousands of lives, on the say-so of his attack-dog Cummings with his dodgy eugenics based ideas? Hancock for his disgraceful cronyism and contracts to friends/tory donors? There are various aspects of the SNP I am not happy with, but to compare them with the cronyism that is currently in govt is absolutely laughable. 

Also, its interesting that you've chucked a few words together with no evidence to back up your assertions of "utter ineptitude" - especially when considering we compare metrics Scotland comes out on top in almost all areas*, yet you've advanced zero reasons for why I should vote someone other than SNP, except to cravenly suggest that the Scottish government should not be concerned with constitutional or identity issues despite the damage those can do to our country and our standard of living?

As a pragmatic voter, I will absolutely consider other parties if they can advance a policy that will improve the lot of the most downtrodden members of Scottish society. I want a fairer society - who is going to deliver that? 

*I still believe we should be doing better and I look on with envy at small independent nations in Europe like Finland, Norway, Sweden where politics is less cult-like or adversorial and the people have a far higher standard of living. Something we could and should aspire to. 

19 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I think he just regurgitates sound bites from some unionist gammon he follows on social media, regardless of the relevance to the post he is replying to. 

25 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

😅 Well, I will be sure to recommend Boris transports every dingy full of chancers that land in Kent to your wee bare ersed hill and glen. Not sure they will want to go mind. Human rights infringed. 😅😅 

Bare arsed hill and glen??? You really are not the full ticket