The rise and fall of The SNP.

6 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Your embarrassing yourself now. You and a few other posters on from either side of the debate.

Honestly cringe worthy watching full grown adults having a meltdown like this over a political affair. 

Calm Doon. 

God help us if there is ever another independence vote as it would be carnage on here for a start  

People on both sides will be on the verge of a breakdown 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

They will win no question.  Whether they get a majority is borderline.  Something that was locked up two months ago now hangs in the balance.  Good enough for me.  

Hence the real motives of this entire charade.  Political impotence begetting irresponsible,  rancid and unforgivable skullduggery.

JudyJudyJudy
19 minutes ago, Gards said:

James - think you're getting a couple of things mixed up.  The parliament committe is going to find that she misled parliament - but not knowingly....that report comes out tomorrow but was leaked last week.  This was voted along party lines.

Today's was the independent investigation whether she broke the ministerial code....which has found she did not.  No ambiguity...she's been found not guilty of breaking ministerial code.

Ok thanks for that clarification. 

3 minutes ago, theshed said:

God help us if there is ever another independence vote as it would be carnage on here for a start  

People on both sides will be on the verge of a breakdown 

I support independence but don’t want another ref for at least 5 years. Genuinely can’t see Indy ref 2 going down a peaceful route unless people get to calm the **** down and have a sense of normality for a while. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Brighton Jambo
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Hence the real motives of this entire charade.  Political impotence begetting irresponsible,  rancid and unforgivable skullduggery.

That’s politics.  And if I may remind you the real fuel in this fire came from Alex Salmond not Labour or the Tories but by a former SNP first minister.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

6 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

They will win no question.  Whether they get a majority is borderline.  Something that was locked up two months ago now hangs in the balance.  Good enough for me.  

There will be an 'Independence' 

Majority even if the SNP do not get an over-all majority. 

It's incredible the strength of support for independence parties considering the Scottish Parliament was designed to avoid parties getting over all control. 

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Who do you suggest voting tactically for? Surely not this mob? A bigger bunch of snakes you will not find.

1400.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56125462
Covid: Matt Hancock acted unlawfully over pandemic contracts

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/priti-patel-barracks-asylum-seekers-yvette-cooper-b1815973.html

MPs have demanded an explanation from the home secretary for the apparently “misleading” evidence she gave in Parliament about the conditions in two controversial military sites housing asylum seekers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-41920238 (from 2017, before BoJo went on to make her Home Secretary)

• Ms Patel said her actions "fell below the standards of transparency and openness" and the PM said her decision was "right"

:greatpost:

Jamstomorrow

I can remember where I was was when the news of President Kennedy being assassinated came through.   I can remember where I was when man landed on the moon.  I can remember where I was when 9/11 was happening on tv.   But when this Geoff Aberdein character imparts bombshell news to the FM regarding Eck Salmond, her friend and mentor for all these years, she somehow forgets?  Really? 

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

That’s politics.  And if I may remind you the real fuel in this fire came from Alex Salmond not Labour or the Tories but by a former first minister.  

Naive.  Salmond and Holyrood also-rans have engaged in a joint enterprise in this.  A multi-facet simbiosis of dirty tricks to achieve a shared purpose.

It's failed.  Over.

23 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Couldn't have worked this independent inquiry con better if they'd put Mhairi Bleck in charge. Like going out to the crease with broken bats. 

Crease? :wtfvlad:

Enzo Chiefo
34 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's the only fitting description of your entire being.  You're a busted flush.  

😂. I always get a chuckle at your posts. In a cerebral sense it's always good, from time to time, to put down the FT and pick up the Beano👍

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Crease? :wtfvlad:

You'll have to make allowances for him. He's been on the booze all weekend celebrating 😏

Brighton Jambo
7 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Naive.  Salmond and Holyrood also-rans have engaged in a joint enterprise in this.  A multi-facet simbiosis of dirty tricks to achieve a shared purpose.

It's failed.  Over.

Let’s wait and see shall we.  If they don’t get a majority it’s not failed at all.  

So far it’s worked a treat, SNP falling in polls, support for Indy dropping and no ahead (edit: in some polls), her personal ratings falling.  

If you really think today just wipes all that away you are more naive than anyone.  But as I said let’s wait till the election as all speculation till then.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's failed.  Over.

What  failed initially was the campaign to put Salmond in jail. 

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

😂. I always get a chuckle at your posts. In a cerebral sense it's always good, from time to time, to put down the FT and pick up the Beano👍

You would be terrified to read any publication in case it contained something that didn't support your world view and couldn't be discredited.  Best do what you're good at... scouring the Internet for shreds of opinion that support your Magic Roundabout beliefs.  

13 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

If Hamilton was a faithless juror then butter my bum and call me a biscuit.  😋🙄😒

164227691_895239944596173_51879832871269

manaliveits105
8 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

I can remember where I was was when the news of President Kennedy being assassinated came through.   I can remember where I was when man landed on the moon.  I can remember where I was when 9/11 was happening on tv.   But when this Geoff Aberdein character imparts bombshell news to the FM regarding Eck Salmond, her friend and mentor for all these years, she somehow forgets?  Really? 

She didn’t - can’t be trusted 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

What  failed initially was the campaign to put Salmond in jail. 

By campaign I assume you don't mean some extra-justicial enterprise to cause a custodial sentence upon an innocent person?

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It's failed.  Over.

To say it failed is wrong. There was a campaign of deceit and political games created to hamper this investigation from the beginning. The SNP did everything it could to make sure this went their way and to say it was independent is wrong (IMO anyways) 

The may elections are now pretty much a shoe in for them. 

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

To say it failed is wrong. There was a campaign of deceit and political games created to hamper this investigation from the beginning. The SNP did everything it could to make sure this went their way and to say it was independent is wrong (IMO anyways) 

The may elections are now pretty much a shoe in for them. 

The SNP fought dirty tricks with dirty tricks.  The purpose of the charade was to oust the FM and gain political advantage.  That has failed.  These cretins have failed the Scottish voters in a very big way.

Jamstomorrow
3 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

But she must have forgotten.  She swore on affirmation at the enquiry that she forgot!  She would not lie under oath, would she?

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Replacing an open border with a customs border is not to be argued with. Or wull send wee Mhairi roond. 😡😠

Edited by JackLadd

Cleared by an Independent Scottish Government Adviser.

It's a bit like Boris Johnston being cleared by an independent Westminster Adviser, like Dominic C!

It all seems rather stitched up in both the places.

Konrad von Carstein
12 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

:lol:

5 minutes ago, Victorian said:

By campaign I assume you don't mean some extra-justicial enterprise to cause a custodial sentence upon an innocent person?

Who knows.

Alex Salmond certainly thinks so. 

I'm staying away from that because the main complainer is so easy to identify. But most of the prosecution evidence was found to be 'untruthful'. 

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The SNP fought dirty tricks with dirty tricks.  The purpose of the charade was to oust the FM and gain political advantage.  That has failed.  These cretins have failed the Scottish voters in a very big way.

Um this was all created with their own botched handling of the Alex Salmond investigation. This wasn’t created by the tories or anyone else but their own incompetence. Now you can say what ever you like about how the Alex Salmond criminal trial came to be but it now seems as if nobody but the Scottish taxpayer is going to pay for sheer and utter incompetence led by Sturgeon as the first minister.  

That’s a failure I suppose. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Who knows.

Alex Salmond certainly thinks so. 

I'm staying away from that because the main complainer is so easy to identify. But most of the prosecution evidence was found to be 'untruthful'. 

Does he now?  Let's settle on that being what he wants public opinion to believe.

Nucky Thompson

A genuine failure of recollection :rofl::rofl:

Hiya James, do you fancy the job of investigating me :lol:

manaliveits105

It was very strange that for the first time this morning cameras were allowed outside Sturgeons house as she emerged smiling from ear to ear to go to work - you would almost think she knew the result of the Hamilton “independent” inquiry which was only to be released later in the day 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, H2 said:

Cleared by an Independent Scottish Government Adviser.

It's a bit like Boris Johnston being cleared by an independent Westminster Adviser, like Dominic C!

It all seems rather stitched up in both the places.

It would be if he or any Tory was ever cleared of the daily lies, ministerial code breaches or corrupt deals they do like the £39b for a track and trace system that doesn’t work. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Um this was all created with their own botched handling of the Alex Salmond investigation. This wasn’t created by the tories or anyone else but their own incompetence. Now you can say what ever you like about how the Alex Salmond criminal trial came to be but it now seems as if nobody but the Scottish taxpayer is going to pay for sheer and utter incompetence led by Sturgeon as the first ministe. 

That’s a failure I suppose   

All failures have been acknowledged and some of them were things that politicians could not have prevented.  The fallout from it was hijacked and abused for political gain.  The victims have been utterly used and abused.

Peakybunnet
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Some of Hamilton's findings seem to cast a bit of doubt in Salmond's recollection of events.

:interehjrling:

If you are innocent you wouldn't be looking for mediation would you. 😄

Edited by Peakybunnet

10 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

4 lapses of memory when told bombshell news. No sporting advantage, keep the titles hen and gaun yirsel.

1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Does he now?  Let's settle on that being what he wants public opinion to believe.

Someone on here suggested he (Salmond) was planning to announce himself as a candidate at the Scottish election. 

Supposed to be making one of his long winded speeches on Wednesday 😉

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Um this was all created with their own botched handling of the Alex Salmond investigation. This wasn’t created by the tories or anyone else but their own incompetence. Now you can say what ever you like about how the Alex Salmond criminal trial came to be but it now seems as if nobody but the Scottish taxpayer is going to pay for sheer and utter incompetence led by Sturgeon as the first ministe. 

That’s a failure I suppose   

The other angle is trying to create good conditions for complaints.

Number 1 problem could still be the failed criminal case. 

But leaving that aside due to the difficulty of the fact the complainers are anonymous for life so can't properly be questioned, everything I've seen can only put off people complaining in future.

That has still to be tackled. 

And by the way Salmond should still be facing an investigation and possible sanction. Because the complaints are on hold. Because of the failure of the investigation. 

Just now, luckydug said:

Someone on here suggested he (Salmond) was planning to announce himself as a candidate at the Scottish election. 

Next is court action. 

Just now, luckydug said:

:D if only.

I wonder if the Tories will now change tactic and start love bombing Scotland with tales of why we need to stock piles nuclear weapons to protect our food banks.

Auldbenches
6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

It was very strange that for the first time this morning cameras were allowed outside Sturgeons house as she emerged smiling from ear to ear to go to work - you would almost think she knew the result of the Hamilton “independent” inquiry which was only to be released later in the day 

Every politician filmed leaving their house is smiling.   You think that is a good reason to dispute the independence of the enquiry? 

Clutching at straws here.