The rise and fall of The SNP.

5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

James Hamilton was our Director of Public Prosecutions for 12 years, a role which required him to be very effective at steering clear of politics.  The role was created specifically to ensure that prosecutions would be independent of the political system.  However, if he has any political leanings, they won't be towards any political party in Scotland, that's for sure.  Of course he was appointed as an independent investigator by the First Minister of the day, and re-appointed by another FM.  Who else would have had the authority to appoint him?

Well quite. His independence from the political system however is defined by him giving the right result  or not it would appear though.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

manaliveits105

14 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Has there really been any meltdowns though ? 

I’d question anyone’s mental state if they actually believe she forgot as much as she said she did. 

A genuine failure of recollection is breath taking in its non independent conclusion 

Seymour M Hersh
9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

A genuine failure of recollection is breath taking in its non independent conclusion 

And perhaps a sign of early onset something or other, I can't recall. 

11 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Even if she had went and sat in front of that committee and said "I lied and I don't care what you think about that", there would still be huge swathes of people in this country who would shrug their shoulders and vote for her in May. All because she is promising them a second independence referendum. It's sad really. 

I voted Yes in 2014 but if she gets her way I am really not sure how I will vote the next time. 

Even if she had went and sat in front of that committee and the committee said "We know you are innocent but we really need to discredit you before the election so we're going to try to pin this on you", there would still be huge swathes of people in this country who would shrug their shoulders and still not vote for her in May. All because she is promising them a second independence referendum. It's sad really. 

There is only 1 reason people fear referendums, they think they will be on the losing side.

Best wee corrupt country In the the world. Who wouldnae crawl over broken glass to put their faith in the mentally impaired canny mind party in May for another instalment of the dear leader's decrees and diktats. 🐏🐏🐏  shneeps!

The Real Maroonblood
24 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Best wee corrupt country In the the world. Who wouldnae crawl over broken glass to put their faith in the mentally impaired canny mind party in May for another instalment of the dear leader's decrees and diktats. 🐏🐏🐏  shneeps!

:calmdown:

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

So how did Boris get on at the last election? 

He won because he rode in on the back of a polarising nasty campaign. Familiar?

Howdy Doody Jambo
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I think I may have missed the reports on the BBC and other media outlets. No didn't think so. 

The SG built 117 new schools in the last 10 years. 

117 new schools, where most had construction fault issues end up costing twice as much 

The kid's have missed out on a year of education, this SG has failed the children's future's and antisocial issues have multiplied 10 fold 

18 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

117 new schools, where most had construction fault issues end up costing twice as much 

The kid's have missed out on a year of education, this SG has failed the children's future's and antisocial issues have multiplied 10 fold 

The fish rots from the head down. 

12 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

I can only speak for our household, but the home schooling set up has been amazing, actually preferred.  3x online classes for 90 minutes with an hour break in between, finish up at 3:30 and straight out.

Any children's anti-social issues stops at horrendous parenting.

"They smash up buses 'cause there's nuhin tae daaaaaaeeee"

How about anything but committing a crime?  The wee arseholes have parents that take zero responsibility.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

The fish rots from the head down. 

:rofl:

You’ve really taken it badly.

Thoughts and prayers at this difficult time.

Roxy Hearts
15 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Sounds like that idiot Ruth Davidson most of the time.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Her cult is still damaged and listing. Proven that she can't be trusted and is at best incompetent. Salmond coming back. Hopefully plenty shneep teeth and hair to fly yet.🤗😅

4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Wee Roxy isn't it time for your group exercise class at the home?

15 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Who do you suggest voting tactically for? Surely not this mob? A bigger bunch of snakes you will not find.

1400.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56125462
Covid: Matt Hancock acted unlawfully over pandemic contracts

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/priti-patel-barracks-asylum-seekers-yvette-cooper-b1815973.html

MPs have demanded an explanation from the home secretary for the apparently “misleading” evidence she gave in Parliament about the conditions in two controversial military sites housing asylum seekers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-41920238 (from 2017, before BoJo went on to make her Home Secretary)

• Ms Patel said her actions "fell below the standards of transparency and openness" and the PM said her decision was "right"

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

The UK Government are well ahead on that front. No comment on the above articles? 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
14 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Hopefully he doesn't have a matching Hitler side parting.

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The UK Government are well ahead on that front. No comment on the above articles? 

Was thrown out by the courts in England. You realise he won an 80 seat majority and got Brexit done after this, right? Shneeps don't do current events I know. Tinfoil wrapping. 🙄

Just now, JackLadd said:

Was thrown out by the courts in England. You realise he won an 80 seat majority and got Brexit done after this, right? Shneeps don't do current events I know. Tinfoil wrapping. 🙄

Very seldom would I get pleasure in a  fellow Jambo hurting but I am pleased you are the exception, you have been spouting drivel throughout, even your fellow unionists ignore your posts

10 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Hopefully he doesn't have a matching Hitler side parting.

You are the tyrant worshipper.

Just now, JackLadd said:

WTF are you gibbering on about? The Supreme Court found his actions unlawful and BoJo actually apologised to the Queen afterwards. 

What about the other articles, are you denying these happened too?

Just now, lou said:

Very seldom would I get pleasure in a  fellow Jambo hurting but I am pleased you are the exception, you have been spouting drivel throughout, even your fellow unionists ignore your posts

His salty tears are delicious.

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Well what they shouldn't do is support a First Minister who openly admits to being a liar(in my hypothetical scenario) or give the SNP a blank cheque to balls things up as much as they want as long as they deliver a second Independence referendum. 

Vote for another party that is pro Independence is probably the answer to your question. 

The Greens would welcome your vote. 

Just now, lou said:

Oh so he didn't win an 80 seat majority and get Brexit done now. We will have the snp teaching kids alternative history soon. 

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

Oh so he didn't win an 80 seat majority and get Brexit done now. We will have the snp teaching kids alternative history soon. 

Who in the thread has made that claim?

Just now, Ray Gin said:

Who in the thread has made that claim

The shneep heid that called my post with this content drivel. Alternative facts guy. 

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I am not referring to that post, I am referring to the constant childish ramblings for the last few weeks and the obvious hurt and humiliation you are suffering. I don't think the young need alternative history, the majority of young Scottish voters will vote SNP in May without a doubt

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The shneep heid that called my post with this content drivel. Alternative facts guy. 

Point proven, inchorent childish drivel

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Boy Daniel said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f1d32eca812f49fd2977552e84b2296e.jpeg

You can easily interpret some of these findings differently.

7.18 Lots of "ifs" in there

7.19 Not in a position to take a view

7.20 Geoff Aberdein was at that meeting and, according to the James Hamilton report, did not hear the FM say that she would intervene.  Aberdein suggested that it could have been said when he wasn't in the room.

Who to believe.

13 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Well what they shouldn't do is support a First Minister who openly admits to being a liar(in my hypothetical scenario) or give the SNP a blank cheque to balls things up as much as they want as long as they deliver a second Independence referendum. 

Vote for another party that is pro Independence is probably the answer to your question. 

The UK Prime Minister was proven to have lied in the Highest Court in England and yet that goes apparently as nothing to see here move on.

Closely followed by the outrage that they have spent £37 billion on PPE contracts mostly lining their pals pockets and yet you seem to think that it is ok for Ruth Davidson and Douglas Ross to decry Nicola Sturgeon for something that she has been found NOT GUILTY of doing.

One thing you can never accuse her of is not trying her best for the people of Scotland. Can you honestly say that Boris and his pals have the same attitude.

They couldn't give a monkies about us up here which has already been shown by the contemp they have shown our Fishing and Farming Industry.

Now if we don't get Independence they are trying their hardest to reduce any existing limited powers the Scottish Government currently has so they have total control of how our Country is run.

You might want that but I certainly don't and as per 24 of the last 30 polls in Scotland do the majority of Scots.

32 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Are you proud of that he got Brexit done with the worst possible deal for Scotland. The true consequencies of which have yet to be revealed due to the Tories hiding the real facts behind the Covid pandemic or citing teething problems as to why our Fishing and Farming Industries are falling apart.

Little or no financial help is being offered to them but Sunak can find billions to fund more nuclear weapons.

Edited by wavydavy

27 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

You did post drivel. You went off on some tangent about Brexit happening when nobody denied that it did.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Are you proud of that he got Brexit done with the worst possible deal for Scotland. The true consequencies of which have yet to be revealed due to the Tories hiding the real facts behind the Covid pandemic or citing teething problems as to why our Fishing and Farming Industries are falling apart.

Little or no financial help is being offered to them but Sunak can fing billions to fund more nuclear weapons.

Do you ever question snp lies?  14 years of failure.

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Who to believe.

Indeed.

Nobody comes out of this looking squeaky clean. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Seems weird to me that anyone would look at this saga and see it as a vindication of Sturgeon/the SNP hierarchy in any way.

10 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Do you ever question snp lies?  14 years of failure.

Try answering the points I make in my post.

Seymour M Hersh

Surely it's now 1-1 as we go into injury time. Obviously Krankie will now survive any confidence vote as none of her own (and there must be a fair few Salmondistas in Holyrood) will bottle it as she rules by fear and the watermelon listers will come to her aid as Harvie has already said. 

How much though has her credibility suffered? 

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Seems weird to me that anyone would look at this saga and see it as a vindication of Sturgeon/the SNP hierarchy in any way.

Just don't say it too loudly in case it penetrates any tinfoil hats. Drivel!!! 😡😠

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Just don't say it too loudly in case it penetrates any tinfoil hats. Drivel!!! 😡😠

Still trying to understand the stable comment, can you enlighten me? 

16 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

If you are innocent you wouldn't be looking for mediation would you. 😄

This is one of the main things that stuck out for me in Salmonds words when he was in front of the committee. Parliamentary Privilege as he was an MSP/First Minister , Mediation , Former Ministers should be exempt from being investigated.

14 hours ago, Smithee said:

I knew you guys were struggling but Jesus

🤣

13 hours ago, Justin Z said:

The less like the U.S.—or Westminster—the better.

Agreed

10 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Not by me.  On the face of it it was ludicrous to expect him to state any truths. She is his boss. Goes back to what we have up here: a political fiefdom and one party state for 14 years. 

You really are not coping with or indeed understanding this are you. 

Fxxx the SPFL

What a car crash of a thread this is, the main protagonists on both sides should meet up in Holyrood Park for a good pagger I would happily wander past for a wee nosey.

13 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

How much though has her credibility suffered? 

It'll have suffered a little, she'll have to walk a line going forward when calling out opposition politicians on integrity but i think the credibility of Davidson/Ross will suffer as she hammers home that their motivations were not to support the women who complained. 

The PR own goal of the Tories to focus solely on Sturgeon was a mistake, they overlooked the women time and time again. 

Their behaviour will be a turn off for more people than questions over whether or not Sturgeon screwed up over a meeting. 

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Wee Roxy isn't it time for your group exercise class at the home?

Too busy laughing at you and the rest of the clowns.