• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well at least it's not as if he (Hamilton) has any history of clearing FM's in devolved nations of misleading Parliaments.  :lol: Must be the go to guy when in soapy bubble. 

Were you howling about this this morning?

Brighton Jambo

So let me get this right.  Those of a SNP/Indy persuasion believe the report that will be published tomorrow from a committee with a majority of pro Indy MSP’s, that will find she she misled parliament, to be a partisan whitewash but the report today from a former SNP advisor is above reproach.

The hypocrisy is mind bending.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

17 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

This is an interesting part.  “An incomplete narrative of events”.  Claiming she genuinely forgot when first Informed about Alex Salmonds misdemeanours.  Of course she did, I mean, who wouldn’t.  2E280054-89F6-4EA7-92D2-C8A4D659CAED.png.3c2e4007a418df804b07454b076472de.png

It’s a matter of opinions. She made mistakes but not minuting the meetings which she was required to do. But hey ho Hamilton didn’t seem to mind.

46 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Out of interest what's the deal now with the MSP's report due tomorrow? 

It's to be used as toilet paper. 

It will at least be of some use then. 😬

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Some of Hamilton's findings seem to cast a bit of doubt in Salmond's recollection of events.

A bit of a rebuke from a former prosecutor.

Mr Salmond appears to be under the misapprehension that the government is under a duty to withdraw a case if advised that there is less than an evens chance of winning. There is no such rule and the prediction of the outcome of cases is not an exact science.

James Hamilton

1 hour ago, manaliveits105 said:

Didnt expect anything different from the "independent" man appointed by the SG to look into the SG handling of the matter its just the same as the SFAs independent enquiry into Hearts complaint  last year - sweep sweep  - I DONT REMEMBER 

mon the good Scottish people get the snp liars out 

This one goes out to you...

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

A bit of a rebuke from a former prosecutor.

Mr Salmond appears to be under the misapprehension that the government is under a duty to withdraw a case if advised that there is less than an evens chance of winning. There is no such rule and the prediction of the outcome of cases is not an exact science.

James Hamilton

That is true. You can still proceed against the advice of council however council have the right to resign if they think it will fail. 

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So let me get this right.  Those of a SNP/Indy persuasion believe the report that will be published tomorrow from a committee with a majority of pro Indy MSP’s that will find she she misled parliament to be a partisan whitewash but the report today from a former SNP advisor is above reproach.

People on here were saying wait until Hamilton's report is published. Now that it has and isn't what they thought it would be it's some sort of SNP conspiracy! Their's hypocrites all over the place.

I'll be giving the SNP my 2 votes and hopefully oust that lying hypocritical idiot Cole-Hamilton who is, unfortunately, my MSP.

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

So let me get this right.  Those of a SNP/Indy persuasion believe the report that will be published tomorrow from a committee with a majority of pro Indy MSP’s, that will find she she misled parliament, to be a partisan whitewash but the report today from a former SNP advisor is above reproach.

She has a unique take on democracy like most swivel-eyed nationalist leaders. Those who go against her are either biased, partisan or didn't understand what they were voting for. 

38 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Vote tactically and get them to ****.

Kinda like how Hibs voted last year?

Vote to damage themselves?

That's a vote-winner :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

She has a unique take on democracy like most swivel-eyed nationalist leaders. Those who go against her are either biased, partisan or didn't understand what they were voting for. 

From a complete robot with the world championship winning case of confirmation bias,  that's somewhat priceless.

Roxy Hearts
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

You alright?

18 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

2E280054-89F6-4EA7-92D2-C8A4D659CAED.png.3c2e4007a418df804b07454b076472de.png

Of course it's perfectly reasonable for the FM to forget where she was when she was first informed of allegations of sexual misconduct by her predecessor. If you believe that etc. 

But what are we expected to believe? Is it that she was told about Salmond at this meeting and forgot or is it that she wasn't told and that a Q C  and others who said she was told are lying?

This is important as her office initiated the flawed disciplinary procedure before she says she was told but after the meeting with Salmond's aide and the QC.

Matter of interest are there many in the party who share your dislike and distrust of NS ? 

Are any of them candidates at the elections ? 

1 hour ago, Brighton Jambo said:

His report said Nicola Sturgeon had given an "incomplete narrative of events" to MSPs.

But he said this was a "genuine failure of recollection" and not deliberate.

go read it yourself, all there in black and white. 

42 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You are usually a smart guy/girl so I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt.

what part of  "incomplete narrative of events" to MSPs seems to be hard for you to understand.  

18.2. For the reasons set out in detail above in this Report I am of the opinion that the First Minister did not breach the provisions of the Ministerial Code in respect of any of these matters. 

There it is, black and white, let us know what part you're struggling with. 😁

Edited by graygo

Enzo Chiefo
15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Well at least it's not as if he (Hamilton) has any history of clearing FM's in devolved nations of misleading Parliaments.  :lol: Must be the go to guy when in soapy bubble. 

Hamilton's report looked only at a few allegations. The full parliamentary inquiry report has considered events in far greater detail and has concluded that Sturgeon misled parliament.  Andy Wightman is the only true independent parliamentarian on the committee. As well as standing up to the Greens' transgender fascism, he considered the evidence the committee were provided with and concluded that she misled the Parliament.  He can hold his head up high.

Enzo Chiefo
4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

From a complete robot with the world championship winning case of confirmation bias,  that's somewhat priceless.

:cornette:

Confirmation bias?🤣. The Victorian "comfort blanket" gets dusted down again.

Just now, Enzo Chiefo said:

:cornette:

Confirmation bias?🤣. The Victorian "comfort blanket" gets dusted down again.

It's the only fitting description of your entire being.  You're a busted flush.  

3 minutes ago, graygo said:

18.2. For the reasons set out in detail above in this Report I am of the opinion that the First Minister did not breach the provisions of the Ministerial Code in respect of any of these matters. 

There it is, black and white, let us know what part you're struggling with. 😁

20210322_190748.jpg

Brighton Jambo
Just now, graygo said:

There it is, black and white, let us know what art you're struggling with. 😁

Very clear thanks, Hamilton found she misled parliament but not a breach of ministerial code.  Committee tomorrow will also agree she misled parliament.  

I’m happy with that, if she had been forced out two things would have happened, one, a new leader may have got a voter bounce in the election, two she could have been seen as a bit of martyr due to those nasty Tories.

There is enough comments about ‘incomplete narrative” to give the committee report credibility and keep it and her in the news.  Also I’m sure Alex Salmond isn’t done and if she’d gone he couldn’t maintain his accusations which also keep the news story alive.  So many voters won’t believe there’s no smoke without fire which is what we want in the run up to the election.  

manaliveits105

“ a genuine failure of recollection”

how can anyone possibly know that  and actually put it in writing 

beggars belief 

hopefully a lot more to come on this on run up to elections with the exception of the cult the good Scottish people hate liars 

29 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

28 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Were you howling about this this morning?

Only if/when convenient is the foundation upon which the Seymour M Hersh Guide to Politics is established.

1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

Charming. Which parts of yet another massively redacted document convinced you? 😒

Where do you think this decision is going to take the Indy movement? - Sturgeon makes no difference to the Indy movement

You might have a momentary victory but my guess is that this is a long way from finished. 

1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

hopefully a lot more to come on this on run up to elections with the exception of the cult the good Scottish people hate liars

The Tories will indeed have a horrendous time in May.

22 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

In the first place that report is believed to state that she did not KNOWINGLY mislead parliament. 

In the second place a report compiled by a majority of opposition MSP's is not worth the paper it is written on anyway imo. 

The real villains of this are the Tories trying to act as executioner before the verdict is given. 

They were/are determined to get Sturgeon at any price. 

Labour to their credit preferred to wait until the 'impartial' report was published. 

1 hour ago, JamesM48 said:

All or most politicians are corrupt and up to no good in my book.  Not in the least surprised at this decision today. Remember she was found not guilt of " knowingly " breaching the ministerial code.  Therefore still might have . Itll be interesting what the forthcoming election will bring.  Today might be a pyrrhic victory for Ms Sturgeon. Unfortunately she is getting massive pressure from the Independence zealots and this is going to her major error if she and the party proceed with an Independence vote in the next year or so.  As an independence supporter I have repeatedly said we should wait 10 years or so . Even before the pandemic and my falling out of like with Sturgeon et al. i had this view 

James - think you're getting a couple of things mixed up.  The parliament committe is going to find that she misled parliament - but not knowingly....that report comes out tomorrow but was leaked last week.  This was voted along party lines.

Today's was the independent investigation whether she broke the ministerial code....which has found she did not.  No ambiguity...she's been found not guilty of breaking ministerial code.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

What we have here in Scotland is a corrupt wee fiefdom based on cult worship. Bottle merchant Hibs'd it Hamilton is the final proof anybody needed for that. 

You are something else today 🙃

1 hour ago, XB52 said:

How sad you are. Go and have a hug with Mr Salmond 😆😃

From knowledge of Salmond “redacted.....” that is not something you want to do....

Couldn't have worked this independent inquiry con better if they'd put Mhairi Bleck in charge. Like going out to the crease with broken bats. 

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

The Tories will indeed have a horrendous time in May.

Was just thinking if good Scottish people hate liars the Tories are ****ed...

"We're not going to pre-judge the report as the Tories have done... "

Jackie Baillie.

:rofl:

SCOTLAB grasping desperately at the fall-back consolation prize.  

8 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Very clear thanks, Hamilton found she misled parliament but not a breach of ministerial code.  Committee tomorrow will also agree she misled parliament.  

I’m happy with that, if she had been forced out two things would have happened, one, a new leader may have got a voter bounce in the election, two she could have been seen as a bit of martyr due to those nasty Tories.

There is enough comments about ‘incomplete narrative” to give the committee report credibility and keep it and her in the news.  Also I’m sure Alex Salmond isn’t done and if she’d gone he couldn’t maintain his accusations which also keep the news story alive.  So many voters won’t believe there’s no smoke without fire which is what we want in the run up to the election.  

She never "deliberately" misled parliament, big difference and it is what she has been accused of by her detractors. 

Don't worry about "voter bounce", the total vindication of the first minister will see support for the SMP and independence rocket.

"No smoke without fire" is the last defence of the desperate.

:verysmug:

Spitonastranger
1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Scotlamd is rotten to the core and Sturgeon's pick n mix view of democracy will be on show again tomorrow.  She is damaged goods though and the country has the chance to send these divisive crooks and charlatans packing in May. Vote tactically and get them to ****.

I agree get rid of the tories forever 

7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Couldn't have worked this independent inquiry con better if they'd put Mhairi Bleck in charge. Like going out to the crease with broken bats. 

You’re embarrassing yourself now. You and a few other posters on from either side of the debate.

Honestly cringe worthy watching full grown adults having a meltdown like this over a political affair. 

Calm Doon. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Just now, graygo said:

She never "deliberately" misled parliament, big difference and it is what she has been accused of by her detractors. 

Don't worry about "voter bounce", the total vindication of the first minister will see support for the SMP and independence rocket.

"No smoke without fire" is the last defence of the desperate.

:verysmug:

12,000 membership uptick THIS MONTH.

Roxy Hearts
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

"We're not going to pre-judge the report as the Tories have done... "

Jackie Baillie.

:rofl:

SCOTLAB grasping desperately at the fall-back consolation prize.  

Did that slavering, lying mess say that? 

Brighton Jambo
Just now, Victorian said:

12,000 membership uptick THIS MONTH.

Of course there had been.  I don’t for one second think you believe that.  

2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Your embarrassing yourself now. You and a few other posters on from either side of the debate.

Honestly cringe worthy watching full grown adults having a meltdown like this over a political affair. 

Calm Doon. 

Its like the terrace on here today

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

Of course there had been.  I don’t for one second think you believe that.  

You'll have no choice but to believe the outcome of the election.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Its like the terrace on here today

Shut up, I've not had a chance to wind folk up since getting banned from the Covid thread. 😄

Tories attempted a character assassination and it has backfired massively. Really hope the MSPs on the committee who declared her guilty before she had spoken and leaked detail will now get what they deserve.

Brighton Jambo
2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

You'll have no choice but to believe the outcome of the election.

They will win no question.  Whether they get a majority is borderline.  Something that was locked up two months ago now hangs in the balance.  Good enough for me.  

Just now, AlimOzturk said:

Your embarrassing yourself now. You and a few other posters on from either side of the debate.

Calm Doon. 

I'd like to have seen your calm collected reaction if Hamilton was actually independent and not made of clay.

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Scotlamd is rotten to the core and Sturgeon's pick n mix view of democracy will be on show again tomorrow.  She is damaged goods though and the country has the chance to send these divisive crooks and charlatans packing in May. Vote tactically and get them to ****.

Who do you suggest voting tactically for? Surely not this mob? A bigger bunch of snakes you will not find.

1400.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=forma

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56125462
Covid: Matt Hancock acted unlawfully over pandemic contracts

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/priti-patel-barracks-asylum-seekers-yvette-cooper-b1815973.html

MPs have demanded an explanation from the home secretary for the apparently “misleading” evidence she gave in Parliament about the conditions in two controversial military sites housing asylum seekers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-41920238 (from 2017, before BoJo went on to make her Home Secretary)

• Ms Patel said her actions "fell below the standards of transparency and openness" and the PM said her decision was "right"