• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Perhaps the problem lies with "the people of Scotland" always waiting for and expecting somebody to "do something for them".  Others, focus on doing something for themselves.  It's a 2 way street.  

Perish the though thatMSPs do something for the people that elected them, and spend their tax money on improving their outlook and well-being - I know its a novel thought for craven unionists who would far rather protect a statue of a slaver over feeding school kids, but c'mon.

I'd love to know your ideas for helping the downtrodden, trampled by a combination of neoliberal capitalism, austerity, trickle-down economics and the slow erosion of hope and energy which living in poverty causes, damaging mental and physical health, those who are stuck in a system that decides how many in life do by which school they went to, where they live and how closely related they are to the ****ing Queen. Tackle the institutional inequity and maybe you'd have a point. 

Just because you or I may be doing OK does not give you the right to believe that everyone who isn't, is just feckless and waiting for a hand-out. Nor does it excuse lack of empathy or turning a deaf ear to the myriad reasons that people often cannot grasp, or do not even have any, opportunities for betterment or a way out. 

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I think he just regurgitates sound bites from some unionist gammon he follows on social media, regardless of the relevance to the post he is replying to. 

You are probably correct in that assumption.

Invariably he doesn't answer any specific question he is asked and just spouts drivvle and claims he is debating with a child.

The thing is a debate is an exchange of people's views and opinions and requires answers to questions asked, he doesn't do that.

He only wants to put over his point and ignores others.

2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Perish the though thatMSPs do something for the people that elected them, and spend their tax money on improving their outlook and well-being - I know its a novel thought for craven unionists who would far rather protect a statue of a slaver over feeding school kids, but c'mon.

I'd love to know your ideas for helping the downtrodden, trampled by a combination of neoliberal capitalism, austerity, trickle-down economics and the slow erosion of hope and energy which living in poverty causes, damaging mental and physical health, those who are stuck in a system that decides how many in life do by which school they went to, where they live and how closely related they are to the ****ing Queen. Tackle the institutional inequity and maybe you'd have a point. 

Just because you or I may be doing OK does not give you the right to believe that everyone who isn't, is just feckless and waiting for a hand-out. Nor does it excuse lack of empathy or turning a deaf ear to the myriad reasons that people often cannot grasp, or do not even have any, opportunities for betterment or a way out. 

Well said.

Unknown user
51 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think this will be a piss over for the SNP now tbh. Possible majority. 

Can’t believe the tories pushed on with that motion of no confidence after yesterday’s events and the leaking of the committees result. 

Sturgeon now untouchable. 

Maybe, but I still think this has tainted her for many. I think though that rather than people switching their votes, a decent percentage of the SNP crowd just won't turn out as they're a bit scunnered by what's happened but there simply isn't a realistic alternative.

They'll obviously still be the biggest party but it's all to play for between now and then and it all depends how the individual parties react to this.

Right now, SNP win but minority government with the greens lacking enough numbers to prop them up.

That could change of the Tories and labor keep going what they do though.

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You can definitely see the family resemblance. And not just the tache.

th-6.jpeg

th-5.jpeg

We know you don't like the SNP or Nicola Sturgeon but get a grip. Like Stalin? Do you not have any self respect for your own posts? Get over it. 

It's become utterly ridiculous that she has to put up with this for something Alex Salmond did but was cleared of. My wife is not a SNP voter and doesn't normally comment on politics but she blames Salmond for this and I expect her friends feel the same.

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Of course they'd stay in place. The governing in Westminster is why we have the freebies, stupid. Day one of iScotland they go, or they stay until the IMF run us and pensions and benefits are Grecofied. Scotland has a 10% borrowing requirement and that's at pre pandemic taxation revenue. On a new currency with a customs border that trebles. They won't be getting my tax btw. Out of here whether I can sell up or not.

You'll be sorely missed; bye 

46 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Why do so many 'Scottish' people seem to hate Scotland ? 

Some of them hate everything : Tories/Labour/SNP.

Must be great not nailing your colours to any particular mask and just bumping yer gums about every party. Some absolute schizophrenics on here. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

We know you don't like the SNP or Nicola Sturgeon but get a grip. Like Stalin? Do you not have any self respect for your own posts? Get over it. 

It's become utterly ridiculous that she has to put up with this for something Alex Salmond did but was cleared of. My wife is not a SNP voter and doesn't normally comment on politics but she blames Salmond for this and I expect her friends feel the same.

You lot seem to delight in handing out the ribbing but buckle in faux outrage when others rib your hero. Get over yourself. 

1 hour ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Perhaps the problem lies with "the people of Scotland" always waiting for and expecting somebody to "do something for them".  Others, focus on doing something for themselves.  It's a 2 way street.  

:rofl:

And here we are, with the SNP continually growing the indy vote (which you don't like ?) and you're STILL not happy.

Make yer mind up man. 

Roxy Hearts
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You lot seem to delight in handing out the ribbing but buckle in faux outrage when others rib your hero. Get over yourself. 

Not faux outrage. Stalin! Inhumane murderer of his own people.

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

What faux outrage? There's literally zero outraged response to your post even though you tried your best

5 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Says a guy who mentions Stalin & Sturgeon in the same breath. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

What faux outrage? There's literally zero outraged response to your post even though you tried your best

Yawn.

Enzo Chiefo
31 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You can definitely see the family resemblance. And not just the tache.

th-6.jpeg

th-5.jpeg

🤣

Unknown user

Watch out Enzo they'll gang up on you. :rofl:

Lulz ryt m8? canni even act the **** wivout natsys pointing it out grrr

Roxy Hearts

Watch out Enzo they'll gang up on you. :rofl:

You goons talk about the SNP being  a cult. Why is it all unionists think and speak the same? If there's a cult it's British Nationalism. You all need the MSM as can't think for yourselves.

Enzo Chiefo
26 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

So, Alex Salmond was cleared of all charges, in a criminal court, by a jury that included several women, after a trial that heard from numerous witnesses.  You still think he "did it" though.

Nicola Sturgeon appointed an independent QC to conduct an inquiry in to her own conduct. He interviewed, erm, Nicola Sturgeon and then came to his conclusions. Sturgeon seems to think that exonerates her completely, despite the litany of failure and corruption she has presided over. Has anyone resigned or been fired? Democracy really is a strange concept.

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

You do realise that Scotland as a Nation did not vote for Brexit? 

Are you suggesting that our trade with the rest of the UK would cease if we became Independent?

That is hearsay about a customes post at Gretna.

Any plan that gets us away from Boris and his Cronies is a good one for Scotland. We are plenty rich enough to get on without them holding us back.

Interesting that Nicola Sturgeon says this election  should be about whether we endorse her approach to Covid - see below

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/subscribe/digital/

Today in the media she all said people can use this election to show their displease or otherwise in the Alex Salmond affair.

Both straight from her mouth so let’s not kid on this election is a mandate for a referendum shall we.  You can’t have it both ways. 

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

So, Alex Salmond was cleared of all charges, in a criminal court, by a jury that included several women, after a trial that heard from numerous witnesses.  You still think he "did it" though.

Nicola Sturgeon appointed an independent QC to conduct an inquiry in to her own conduct. He interviewed, erm, Nicola Sturgeon and then came to his conclusions. Sturgeon seems to think that exonerates her completely, despite the litany of failure and corruption she has presided over. Has anyone resigned or been fired? Democracy really is a strange concept.

Alex Salmond was cleared of any criminality. 

John Findlay
1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Might just spoil the ballot and write a big eff the SNP on it. 

Fill your boots.

Brighton Jambo

I said this yesterday but I am glad she hasn’t resigned.  My biggest fear ahead of the election was a fresh faced Kate Forbes leading the party having cleared out the dead wood and promising a fresh start and new direction for the SNP

I know the SNP will win, or course they will, but people are becoming tired of sturgeon and this whole Salmond affair has damaged her in the eyes of undecideds and floating voters in relation to trust and integrity.   It’s clear from this thread even some ardent SNP supporters have had enough of her.  

I also think the Covid bounce she got in the polls is wearing off.  This is based on the success of the vaccine programme which is unequivocally the work of the UK govt and also also her relentlessly cautious messaging not only being slightly tiresome but now actually add odds with science as Whitty and Vallance proved today.  

Bookies don’t get much wrong and the odds for a SNP majority have dropped significantly in last two months.  Not quite neck and neck but much closer.  All to play for.  

38 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

And here we are, with the SNP continually growing the indy vote (which you don't like ?) and you're STILL not happy.

Make yer mind up man. 

Hoisted by his own petard. 😂

scott herbertson
8 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

..and also all those other people including Salmond, Murrell, etc etc. inconveniently for anyone who thinks it was a stitch up.

From the report

"In accordance with the remit I sought and received written observations from persons who included the following: the First Minister, Ms Nicola Sturgeon; the former First Minister, Mr Alex Salmond; the Permanent Secretary to the Scottish Government, Ms Leslie Evans; Ms Liz Lloyd, Chief of Staff to the First Minister; Mr Geoffrey Aberdein, formerly Chief of Staff to the former First Minister; Mr Duncan Hamilton, Mr Kevin Pringle, Mr David Clegg, Mr Stuart Nicolson, Ms Lorraine Kay and Mr Peter Murrell. All of these witnesses gave me full cooperation and answered follow-up questions where necessary although I had no power to compel any person to cooperate with the investigation. I carried out follow-up interviews with a number of the witnesses where I considered clarifications were required. "

38 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Make yer mind up man. 

Hoisted by his own petard. 😂

Enzo Chiefo
36 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Make yer mind up man. 

But promising a land of milk and honey, Trump style, and indulging in a campaign of "othering" does nothing for people.  The SNP have done nothing other than divide the country and virtue signal, in 13 years. They don't give a s**t about mundane issues like health, education and devolved govt in general. They are a protest party and nothing else.

How many years has this rubbish rolled for? and nobody is guilty of anything and nobody is responsible for anything...Anyone seriously think we are capable of independence?

Enzo Chiefo
7 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

..and also all those other people including Salmond, Murrell, etc etc. inconveniently for anyone who thinks it was a stitch up.

From the report

"In accordance with the remit I sought and received written observations from persons who included the following: the First Minister, Ms Nicola Sturgeon; the former First Minister, Mr Alex Salmond; the Permanent Secretary to the Scottish Government, Ms Leslie Evans; Ms Liz Lloyd, Chief of Staff to the First Minister; Mr Geoffrey Aberdein, formerly Chief of Staff to the former First Minister; Mr Duncan Hamilton, Mr Kevin Pringle, Mr David Clegg, Mr Stuart Nicolson, Ms Lorraine Kay and Mr Peter Murrell. All of these witnesses gave me full cooperation and answered follow-up questions where necessary although I had no power to compel any person to cooperate with the investigation. I carried out follow-up interviews with a number of the witnesses where I considered clarifications were required. "

Sorry, my mistake Scott. I thought I had read this morning that she was the only witness. I did wonder tbh. But to confirm, I respect the outcome of both inquiries and the politicians should be doing the same. If any group was "partisan ", it was the 4 SNP members rather than the 5, including an Independence supporter, from all the opposition parties.  Thanks for clarifying though👍

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

Sorry, my mistake Scott. I thought I had read this morning that she was the only witness. I did wonder tbh. But to confirm, I respect the outcome of both inquiries and the politicians should be doing the same. If any group was "partisan ", it was the 4 SNP members rather than the 5, including an Independence supporter, from all the opposition parties.  Thanks for clarifying though👍

No problem

Wouldn't like you to unknowingly mislead the enquiring minds of  the Kickback shed

😄

Enzo Chiefo
2 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

No problem

Wouldn't like you to unknowingly mislead the enquiring minds of  the Kickback shed

😄

😂. I just "forgot" the details. 👍

Unknown user
32 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

How many years has this rubbish rolled for? and nobody is guilty of anything and nobody is responsible for anything...Anyone seriously think we are capable of independence?

You think Scotland is so inherently shit that we're not?

53 minutes ago, Enzo Chiefo said:

But promising a land of milk and honey, Trump style, and indulging in a campaign of "othering" does nothing for people.  The SNP have done nothing other than divide the country and virtue signal, in 13 years. They don't give a s**t about mundane issues like health, education and devolved govt in general. They are a protest party and nothing else.

Really hammering the old hyperbole today. 

"The SNP have done nothing but divide the country" etc, etc ? - What a shame so few seem to agree with that ridiculous statement. 

"Protest party" - just wishful thinking on your part. 

manaliveits105

Embarrassing that the nasty party are trying to play the “there’s two women at the centre of this “ card - they didn’t give a monkeys about them previously and the committee rightly highlighted that point 

Shame on the Scottish National Lite Party 

there is no danger they will risk a referendum any time soon - they are the pavement dancers of survey polls - feardies and Nicoliar enjoys the fame too much 

:greggy:

Enzo Chiefo
48 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Embarrassing that the nasty party are trying to play the “there’s two women at the centre of this “ card - they didn’t give a monkeys about them previously and the committee rightly highlighted that point 

Shame on the Scottish National Lite Party 

there is no danger they will risk a referendum any time soon - they are the pavement dancers of survey polls - feardies and Nicoliar enjoys the fame too much 

:greggy:

The 2 women who, the Holyrood Committee pointed out, claimed to have been "dropped" by the Scot Gov as soon as their flawed challenge to the judicial review failed.

The only single issue party of protest in Scotland are the Conservative and Unionist party.

Their one and only policy is "independence never".

Enzo Chiefo
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Really hammering the old hyperbole today. 

"The SNP have done nothing but divide the country" etc, etc ? - What a shame so few seem to agree with that ridiculous statement. 

"Protest party" - just wishful thinking on your part. 

Hyperbole is a known side-effect of the Oxford AZ vaccine, which I received on Sat. 👍

On 22/03/2021 at 20:33, Pasquale for King said:

Ira slightly hypocritical of Ross/Davidson etc to moan about stuff, when their superiors do it. 
What do you think happened then?

I don't think it's relevant to the issues of the "serious flaws" being made by our own government, and the situation of why so many of the Scottish electorate think its acceptable. Because the Tories do wrong it appears to some, to make it alright for our Government to do wrong. The Scottish Government has become as bad as Westminster.

15 minutes ago, Cade said:

The only single issue party of protest in Scotland are the Conservative and Unionist party.

Their one and only policy is "independence never".

If the SNP aren’t a single issue party any longer then they should disband and let a party who is actually interested in the real end game of independence take over. 

Governor Tarkin
3 hours ago, luckydug said:

They don't

Das Viertel Hearts
4 hours ago, luckydug said:

Truly bizarre =  to think Scottish people are unable to manage their own affairs, look down snootily on anyone reasonably suggesting otherwise and then literally clump together and foam at the mouth whilst hysterically, pompously and unironically defending Brit Nat 'values.'  

Watching the behaviour is incredibly intriguing.  

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, H2 said:

I don't think it's relevant to the issues of the "serious flaws" being made by our own government, and the situation of why so many of the Scottish electorate think its acceptable. Because the Tories do wrong it appears to some, to make it alright for our Government to do wrong. The Scottish Government has become as bad as Westminster.

Calm yourself ffs, it’s one thing after another in Westminster on a daily basis. Whether you or anyone accepts it she’s been exonerated I’m afraid. Independence is just around the corner, get used to it.