The rise and fall of The SNP.

Tory and Labour don't give a shite about the needs of the people of Scotland.

They toe the Westminster party line on everything.

LibDems don't know what they want to be.

Greens at least have some workable policies.

SNP are the only major party that works for the people who live here, and they will continue to get my vote until someone else starts acting in the same way.

They are far from perfect and have made some blunders but they're still miles better than anything else on offer in Scotland right now.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Konrad von Carstein
10 minutes ago, Cade said:

SNP are the only major party that works for the people who live here, and they will continue to get my vote until someone else starts acting in the same way.

They are far from perfect and have made some blunders but they're still miles better than anything else on offer in Scotland right now.

Agree with this...and importantly for me,  they are the only party offering and are capable of delivering independence

33 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Is the correct answer to that pest. 

Ignore function easier though. 

I've decided that I won't ignore him but will engage if his post isn't in any way insulting.

So I'll be posting don't engage quite a lot.

15 minutes ago, Cade said:

The SNP’s only motivation is independence and if that’s your thing I understand why people vote for them. Let’s not pretend their mp’s/msp’s are any different though. The SNP politicians toe the same party line as any other party politician does, probably even more so the way Nicola and her husband run that party. All party’s will have good and bad mp’s, some who are just doing a job and others who actually give a shit and work for their constituents. 

Jeffros Furios

I can't ever see me voting again as I can't stand the vast majority of politicians, 

Then you see the thick wanks in the council wasting our money.

Unknown user
25 minutes ago, Dazo said:

The SNP’s only motivation is independence and if that’s your thing I understand why people vote for them. Let’s not pretend their mp’s/msp’s are any different though. The SNP politicians toe the same party line as any other party politician does, probably even more so the way Nicola and her husband run that party. All party’s will have good and bad mp’s, some who are just doing a job and others who actually give a shit and work for their constituents. 

The point you're replying to isn't about MPs toeing a line, that's just political parties for you. It's about that line being one that suits Westminster rather than Scotland.

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

The point you're replying to isn't about MPs toeing a line, that's just political parties for you. It's about that line being one that suits Westminster rather than Scotland.

Yeah I know I’m just saying the SNP’s line happens to be independence. For or against that the politicians will toe the line. 

The SNP used to be a single-issue party of protest.

Now they're a party of Government.

They've been in power for quite some time.

They probably do need a rocket up the jacksie and a bit of a shake to prevent them from becoming complacent and to focus their minds again.

Happens to every long-incumbent administration.

The Tories in Scotland are now the single-issue party of protest. Their one and only policy is "independence never".

Labour haven't got a scoobie what they're supposed to be for, who they're supposed to be representing or what they'd do in government.

LibDems likewise. They're just beige and bland. People remember their enabling of Cameron and Osbourne though.

There is no credible opposition in Scotland and this runs the risk of allowing the SNP to become sloppy.

Everybody needs to raise their game.

With the SNP, nobody gets what they want. Separtists, aren't going to be delivered the UK break up they crave anytime soon. Devolutionists are denied the Scottish government working alongside the UK government to the betterment of the country as a whole and we're all saddled with an administration overseeing a growing attainment gap, dropping standards in education, local authority budget cuts and some appalling public health decisions and trends.

Can't see anything changing while the the non Nationalist vote is split along traditional party lines.

11 hours ago, BudgeUp said:

The pertinent part was "vote for self determination at the cost of policies I agree with; or vote for policies I agree with at the cost of voting for self determination."

As is inferred neither party fully appeals to me bit both offer policies of varying importance to me.

Why would you vote for self determination when you don't appear to like the SNP

(and ergo indy ?) ?  Or do you think " self determination " could deliver a right of centre govt ? 

3 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Similar to me . It’s hard to believe the SNP are discussing the need for an Indy ref when we aren’t out the woods yet with covid and won’t be for sone time . The country needs to take time and heal 

Meanwhile the UK govt cracked on with brexit - cos the "will of the people". 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Meanwhile the UK govt cracked on with brexit - cos the "will of the people". 

I cant recall there being a pandemic when we voted for Brexit?

1 minute ago, JamesM48 said:

Don't worry about your powers of recall. 

I'm sure you're smart enough to understand my post though. 

16 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Why would you vote for self determination when you don't appear to like the SNP

(and ergo indy ?) ?  Or do you think " self determination " could deliver a right of centre govt ? 

It's s lot more primal than that, I feel Scottish.

Not liking the SNP does not mean you don't like the idea of independence and yes, I believe in time an independent Scotland would elect a centre right government. Post independence you'll ptobably have 2 main parties like most countries. 

2 minutes ago, BudgeUp said:

Not liking the SNP does not mean you don't like the idea of independence and yes, I believe in time an independent Scotland would elect a centre right government. Post independence you'll ptobably have 2 main parties like most countries. 

I can see the Greens becoming a major player post independence. 

5 minutes ago, BudgeUp said:

Ok, cheers for your insight. 

Auld Reekin'
48 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

And there almost certainly wouldn't be one - not in its present form anyway - by the time independence actually happened, even if there was a referendum this year. As with brexit, Scottish Independence would not happen overnight and there would have to be a transitional period whilst the extensive negotiations and agreements were thrashed-out between Westminster and Holyrood.

Contrast this with brexit being gleefully implemented whilst we were very definitely in the deepest throes of Covid, even though it is almost certain the EU would have agreed to a further extension in the circumstances.

The bellyaching about this is simply a smokescreen.

manaliveits105
2 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:
  6 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

Similar to me . It’s hard to believe the SNP are discussing the need for an Indy ref when we aren’t out the woods yet with covid and won’t be for sone time . The country needs to take time and heal 

:greatpost:

17 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

Are you the same Gizmo that just won the 'Most Cleverest Award for Political Understanding"?

When and where do I collect my five pounds?

Unknown user
26 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

When and where do I collect my five pounds?

The witching hour's usually between 11pm and 3am, just come on here and say something vaguely positive about the SNP or independence to summon him.

Konrad von Carstein
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

The witching hour's usually between 11pm and 3am, just come on here and say something vaguely positive about the SNP or independence to summon him.

image.png.7512726cb4c1f207edd16e18f092f726.png

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

image.png.7512726cb4c1f207edd16e18f092f726.png

There are others - dare you say "which the Good Friday Agreement prevents" in the mirror 3 times?

Konrad von Carstein
2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There are others - dare you say "which the Good Friday Agreement prevents" in the mirror 3 times?

*Danny Di Vito saying No gif*

7 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I can see the Greens becoming a major player post independence. 

Hope not , heaven forbid but if independence happens any time soo.we're going to have more to worry about as a nation than saving bumblebees. 

7 hours ago, Auld Reekin' said:

And there almost certainly wouldn't be one - not in its present form anyway - by the time independence actually happened, even if there was a referendum this year. As with brexit, Scottish Independence would not happen overnight and there would have to be a transitional period whilst the extensive negotiations and agreements were thrashed-out between Westminster and Holyrood.

The bellyaching about this is simply a smokescreen.

Precisely, but the usual suspects jump in with a sound bite  - in this case,  of epic ignorance. 

Honestly, what twilight zone have we wandered into in which arch-Unionists are citing Wings Over Scotland...repeatedly?

Strange, strange times.

Captain Slog

Nothing to do with politics, but this 'wings over scotland' thing that people keep referring to over the last few days.

I'm sure the blogger is the same guy that used to cheat at ZX Spectrum games when i was a kid to deprive honest poor kids out of national prize money(Spectrum was a computer for all you young things, he was an early version of the current gamers that use cheats on games like CoD), then became a really obnoxious hack, very much in the mould of that Irish one with three funny names that likes to pretend he has revelations about the Huns.

So, his post may be relevant, Id just counsel to be very very wary of whatever agenda he is pushing for himself.

P.S I was crap at Spectrum games despite spending so long on them, wasn't me he cheated)

Edited by Captain Slog

Captain Slog
3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Wait, what, is this blog guy "Wings over Scotland" a thing now?

Never heard of it until i read on here in the past few days.  Have heard of the guy that seems to blog on it a lot.

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Captain Slog
6 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

it rings  a bell, for sure, Wings over Scotland.

I think he might have blogged about Scotland being independent. 

Are you sure you aren't speaking complete ****?

Just looked at him on wiki, same guy. (Not that wiki is gospel)

Don't want to derail the thread.  Back in the day there was no internet, we relied on a monthly games or music magazines to keep up to date, so those shock journalists had a platform to peddle their views, seems like hes trying to be relevant on something again.  Just a gripe about a journo I didnt like in my youth @Zlatanable, and a warning to be very careful about his agenda, which will all be about keeping him centre of attention, not politics

2 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

1 hour ago, JackLadd said:

Shocking what he lays out here.  

Can read it

Yup. Snp denials clearly mean nothing to see and these texts and messages don't exist. Sturgeon can't remember anyway, nor her other half or chief of staff. 

Edited by JackLadd

Ron Burgundy
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Comprehensive account carefully delivered, no matter what you think of Davis or his party.

No self-awareness shown by the SNP in their dismissiveness. I'd have more faith if they had acknowledged the concerns raised and promised to investigate. Can't tell if they are either really rattled or really arrogant about the fiefdom they believe they have created here. 

I think they are very clever manipulators. They have created a core support who do not care a jot about how they go about their business.

Although in fairness some of the more open minded Independence supporters have stated they want to see them properly investigated and when not if they are found guilty properly held to account.

OmiyaHearts
2 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I think they are very clever manipulators. They have created a core support who do not care a jot about how they go about their business.

Although in fairness some of the more open minded Independence supporters have stated they want to see them properly investigated and when not if they are found guilty properly held to account.

Doesn't every political party create a core support who don't care a jot about how they go about their business?

Or is it just the SNP?

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I'm curious what the response might be when not if this "proper investigation" reveals that less than 1% of the conspiracists' claims that have been pushed for the past couple of months turn out to be true. And in that eventuality, what'll be said about this blatant waste of taxpayers funds, vis-a-vis the £500k or so that has been bandied about like it's the end of the world.

Or who knows, maybe there really is something to it. But I trust David Davis as far as I can throw him.

jack D and coke
17 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Doesn't every political party create a core support who don't care a jot about how they go about their business?

Or is it just the SNP?

No no it’s just the snp. I’d have no qualms if some people would ever comment on the tory lies thread having pops at whet the British govt gets up to almost ****ing daily😂It seems SNP are nonces and sexual pests all of a sudden when maybe they’re either unaware or care about any of the names on this list either🤪🤣

Going on about £500k like it’s bombs. They just spent £2.6m on a media room that looks like it was kitted out from ikea. They’ve recently looted the public purse for the same amount of money as its costs to run Scotland. For a year. On an app. That doesn’t work. 🤣🤣

For the record though seeing as im not one of the truly and utterly demented who can only see things one way I’d like the evidence to be brought out and if guilty then they walk. Or are prosecuted. Simple. 

448F0C9A-445B-4377-9F40-D79866339568.jpeg

Edited by jack D and coke

Ron Burgundy
19 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Or is it just the SNP?

And that's it in a nutshell. That's why we get the politicians we deserve.  

As someone who is not aligned to any political party I do kind of care how they go about their business. 

coconut doug
1 hour ago, Justin Z said:

I'm curious what the response might be when not if this "proper investigation" reveals that less than 1% of the conspiracists' claims that have been pushed for the past couple of months turn out to be true. And in that eventuality, what'll be said about this blatant waste of taxpayers funds, vis-a-vis the £500k or so that has been bandied about like it's the end of the world.

Or who knows, maybe there really is something to it. But I trust David Davis as far as I can throw him.

Are you saying you don't believe there was a conspiracy against Salmond or are you saying that the enquiry will find that there wasn't?

Is there anything in particular about Davis that calls you to question his trustworthiness?

The £500k loss was more than that and its relevance is because it was wasted on the say so of the FM and her co- conspirators who were so desperate they tried to get the top advocate in Scotland to present an unstateable case on their behalf. The money wasted is merely symbolic of her so doing and is a breach of the ministerial code.

Are you really suggesting that there is nothing improper about the behaviour and actions of the FM the LA the PS and the coterie of women involved in the whatsapp group?

This will finish Nicola and it will happen soon. She has done us a great service though by helping to expose the corruption at the heart of government, in parts of the law and the civil service as well as drawing attention to the inadequacy of the Scottish parliament. Short of a revolution the SNP are finished too but that's not all bad news since you can still get 2 to 1 on them not getting an overall majority in the May elections.

So Davies can lie through his teeth and get away with it. Due to the absolute cluster**** that is Westminster privilege. Yet another reason why any non-loony Britnat wants away from this crap

Some hate the SNP so much they'll gladly let the Tories absolutely do whatever the **** they please, even if it is hundreds of times worse than the SNP.

I'd love accountability for all politicians but it'll never happen. It's a case of who is the least evil.

5 minutes ago, XB52 said:

So Davies can lie through his teeth and get away with it. Due to the absolute cluster**** that is Westminster privilege. Yet another reason why any non-loony Britnat wants away from this crap

Very little disclosed not already published. But interesting nonetheless. Damning. 

The wider points are about powers and Scottish Parliament arrangements.

I actually thought it was a decent argument for Independence. 

5 minutes ago, kila said:

Some hate the SNP so much they'll gladly let the Tories absolutely do whatever the **** they please, even if it is hundreds of times worse than the SNP.

I'd love accountability for all politicians but it'll never happen. It's a case of who is the least evil.

Deliberately trying to get Salmond jailed was political. 

I agree though. If you get cancer don't do anything. Complain about so many people getting cancer instead. 

14 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What has he lied about?

coconut doug
15 minutes ago, XB52 said:

What did he lie about?