The rise and fall of The SNP.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Levein is a Hun. 

Is he actually? Over the years when he’s had pops at the OF and his famous one when United manager? 
I don’t doubt he’s maybe a unionist and fair enough but a hun? I’d never have thought it. 
He likes to wind people up and that eejit Stewart was likely the prime candidate...

and he did bite after it an all :facepalm:

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Just now, jack D and coke said:

Is he actually? Over the years when he’s had pops at the OF and his famous one when United manager? 
I don’t doubt he’s maybe a unionist and fair enough but a hun? I’d never have thought it. 
He likes to wind people up and that eejit Stewart was likely the prime candidate...

I don't know if he is a Rangers fan tbh but he comes across staunch as f..... :lol:

Maroon Sailor
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Levein has Stewart on a piece of string

Brighton Jambo
20 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Trying every dirty trick in their pathetic wee book of westminster dirty tricks to bring down the SNP and kill Independence.

Huge Failure.

Large SNP majority and along with the Greens in the May elections and the Indy train is coming down the tracks. Like it or not.

Shut yer pusses and dry yer eyes bitches!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/two-new-scottish-independence-polls-23674276  

An interesting take on the word failure.  Two latest polls show No ahead (and no weird weighting issues to hide behind this time).  One also shows no majority.  

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/voters-snub-snp-plans-for-another-referendum-wtghj38m7

It also seems voters don’t even want another vote never mind vote yes.

The more shrill and angry you get the more we can all see it slipping from your grasp.  Yes voters had it right there in the palms of their hands and they have hibsed it.  

jack D and coke
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/two-new-scottish-independence-polls-23674276  

An interesting take on the word failure.  Two latest polls show No ahead (and no weird weighting issues to hide behind this time).  One also shows no majority.  

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/voters-snub-snp-plans-for-another-referendum-wtghj38m7

The more shrill and angry you get the more we can all see it slipping from your grasp.  Yes voters had it right there in the palms of their hands and they have hibsed it.  

Nobody gets more angry than unionists imo.
They’re the potentially violent and ones to watch. That’s not even up for debate. 

Not sure how you can hibs it when it hasn’t happened yet either. 
I would however say the SNP are making an absolute dogs dinner of things lately. 
I also appreciate you’re English and don’t want independence but what would you think if the EU told you there would be no referendum on brexit? Said they take you to court to block etc etc? This is an affront to what is supposed to be a democracy. Why is Scotland seemingly a prisoner in this Union? You had your vote now tough shit if we didn’t honour a lot of it but don’t think youll be getting another one regardless of whether the entire country votes for it or not. Wtf?! 
Be in no doubt that they’ll change the rules and move the goalposts for anything in future too. Just because it suits you this time...

manaliveits105
29 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

:qqb006::greatpost:

52 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

They’re the potentially violent and ones to watch. That’s not even up for debate. 

I would however say the SNP are making an absolute dogs dinner of things lately. 
I also appreciate you’re English and don’t want independence but what would you think if the EU told you there would be no referendum on brexit? Said they take you to court to block etc etc? This is an affront to what is supposed to be a democracy. Why is Scotland seemingly a prisoner in this Union? You had your vote now tough shit if we didn’t honour a lot of it but don’t think youll be getting another one regardless of whether the entire country votes for it or not. Wtf?! 
Be in no doubt that they’ll change the rules and move the goalposts for anything in future too. Just because it suits you this time...

Refarding your first sentence I think this and the other threads prove otherwise. The state some of those yes voters get into is mind boggling and laughable in equal measures. Not them all of course but the aggression and determination to try and put down no voters is pretty unhealthy. They do more harm than good for the cause they believe in, it’s pretty embarrassing for them to be honest.  

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Refarding your first sentence I think this and the other threads prove otherwise. The state some of those yes voters get into is mind boggling and laughable in equal measures. Not them all of course but the aggression and determination to try and put down no voters is pretty unhealthy. They do more harm than good for the cause they believe in, it’s pretty embarrassing for them to be honest.  

I think a lot of it gets taken out of context, honestly I do. Even Aussieh sometimes lol. Unionists troll these threads mercilessly then get fragile when someone says dry yir eyes or something. There’s a unionist ex yes voting🤥 troll who actually keeps claiming he’s getting bullied :lol: it’s embarrassing man. This is a very emotive subject that stirs up deep feelings and if you want to discuss then you need to expect robust ripostes. 

Brighton Jambo
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

In regard to potentially violent and one to watch as an Englishman living in Scotland I would challenge that.  For many SNP supporters anti Englishness is at the core of their view.  Unionists don’t have the same outlook.

I didn’t want a Brexit vote but accepted others did and participated.  I voted remain and that was defeated.  But... had remain been victorious I would have been fuming if there was immediately a movement for a second vote to try and overturn the outcome.

We had an independence vote and almost the day after they starting planning for another one.  That’s also not democracy either.  

I’m also not adverse to having another vote in say 5 years if there is a clear majority that want another vote.  The polls clearly show there is no appetite for another referendum in the next few years.  The problem is the SNP use a vote for them as mandate for another referendum when actually people vote for them for a number of reasons.  

Also, me not wanting independence is nothing to do with being English.  I have lived up here 37 of my 40 years, I have a Scottish wife and two kids born in Glasgow.  I don’t want independence because I simply don’t believe it’s in the long term interests for the country, for me or my family.  

Edited by Brighton Jambo

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

In regard to potentially violent and one to watch as an Englishman living in Scotland I would challenge that.  For many SNP supporters anti Englishness is at the core of their view.  Unionists don’t have the same outlook.

I didn’t want a Brexit vote but accepted others did and participated.  I voted remain and that was defeated.  But... had remain been victorious I would have been fuming if there was immediately a movement for a second vote to try and overturn the outcome.

We had an independence vote and almost the day after they starting planning for another one.  That’s also not democracy either.  

I’m also not adverse to having another vote in say 5 years if there is a clear majority that want another vote.  The polls clearly show there is no appetite for another referendum in the next few years.  The problem is the SNP use a vote for them as mandate for another referendum when actually people vote for them for a number of reasons.  

Also, me not wanting independence is nothing to do with being English.  I have lived up here 37 of my 40 years, I have a Scottish wife and two kids born in Glasgow.  I don’t want independence because I simply don’t believe it’s in the long term interests for the country, for me or my family.  

I’m not claiming all unionists are violent of course I’m not. Plenty fruitcakes on the Indy side I’m well aware. 
Im not sure why indy should just go away anyway either? It’s a No so be quiet now for 30-40 years even as things start to unfold that werent apparent back at the time of the vote? You’re allowed to change your mind in life. If the people vote for it it must happen imo. I’m not spoiling for or even arsed if there’s ever another one but I’ll always argue that if the appetite is there the WM govt needs to get out of the way or they risk a massive abuse of power. Talk of court to block one is outrageous. Phillpa Whitford was correct it’s like locking your wife in the house and taking away her bank cards imo. You’ll stay there hen cos I know what’s good for you. 
Whether you think it’s a good idea matters not either if public opinion sways to Yes then that’s how it goes. 
Anyway as things go it looks like the SNP are doing the job on themselves. 

Edited by jack D and coke

11 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Plenty fruitcakes on the Indy side I’m well aware.

I haven’t a clue who you’re on about here ......🤣

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I haven’t a clue who you’re on about here ......🤣

No naming any names here...

CA8FC17E-5FC8-43BB-B736-D49C7193BE58.jpeg

2 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Folk keep saying im angry. No idea what thats all about. I’m that laid back I could kiss my own arse. 
What I have no time for. None. Is bullshit unionists spewing bullshit about my country and its lack of everything. 

Seemingly the only wee country in the world that will be worse off if it drops the country next door. I will always call that out!

So folk can continue to consider me angry. It doesnt mean anything on a wee football forum. But the amount of rabid screaming on here for Sturgeon and the SNP these last few weeks needs looked at...but that wouldnt suit your agenda would it? Easier to just say someone is angry so their opinion should be discounted. 

Roond yeez bitches!!! :lol:

3 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Given the context of the conversation his remark gave the impression he thought The Rangers had no case to answer. 

In other words that nasty Nicola Sturgeon has no right to complain about thousands of his fellow huns breaking lockdown😏

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I'm a Yes voter, what exactly have I done to hibs it?

Brighton Jambo
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm a Yes voter, what exactly have I done to hibs it?

Fair point; should read Yes leading politicians not Yes voters 

Nicola answering Ruth Davidson question on cost of ploughing on with case after legal adviser said they were going to lose it. 

Says people want to hear about vaccines. She has learned her lesson after using a Covid breifing to attack Alex Salmond. 

Wider issues Nicola talks about were to get Alex Salmond in the cause of MeToo. 

Nicola has learned to be a bit calmer though. 

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nicola answering Ruth Davidson question on cost of ploughing on with case after legal adviser said they were going to lose it. 

Says people want to hear about vaccines. She has learned her lesson after using a Covid breifing to attack Alex Salmond. 

Has she had a pop at her about the House of Lords yet?  Standard weekly behaviour

2 minutes ago, Candy said:

Has she had a pop at her about the House of Lords yet?  Standard weekly behaviour

Nicola was impressively calm. 

Basically said that they will learn lessons. And voters can judge at election. 

Ruth Davidson's questions were more direct and factual so there was less scope to give a smart dismissive quip. 

Edited by Mikey1874

9 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Must be on downers it’s no like her

Lol. 

I was thinking it was some personal trainer or mindfulness technique.

But you're probably right. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m not claiming all unionists are violent of course I’m not. Plenty fruitcakes on the Indy side I’m well aware. 
Im not sure why indy should just go away anyway either? It’s a No so be quiet now for 30-40 years even as things start to unfold that werent apparent back at the time of the vote? You’re allowed to change your mind in life. If the people vote for it it must happen imo. I’m not spoiling for or even arsed if there’s ever another one but I’ll always argue that if the appetite is there the WM govt needs to get out of the way or they risk a massive abuse of power. Talk of court to block one is outrageous. Phillpa Whitford was correct it’s like locking your wife in the house and taking away her bank cards imo. You’ll stay there hen cos I know what’s good for you. 
Whether you think it’s a good idea matters not either if public opinion sways to Yes then that’s how it goes. 
Anyway as things go it looks like the SNP are doing the job on themselves. 

The question on how often to have a Referendum and the threshold to trigger one is a really difficult question IMO.

Similar to yourself, I am not really fussed for another Indy Vote, but if a decent proportion of the population want it, then I am fine with the idea of having it. 

On the other hand, I think it is a fair argument to say, we cannot just keep having Referendums every few years. If we have another one next year and the answer is “No” again, where do we go from there? Do the Yes voters just start campaigning for another one to happen a couple of years later?

jack D and coke
27 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

The question on how often to have a Referendum and the threshold to trigger one is a really difficult question IMO.

Similar to yourself, I am not really fussed for another Indy Vote, but if a decent proportion of the population want it, then I am fine with the idea of having it. 

On the other hand, I think it is a fair argument to say, we cannot just keep having Referendums every few years. If we have another one next year and the answer is “No” again, where do we go from there? Do the Yes voters just start campaigning for another one to happen a couple of years later?

It is very difficult mate but the thought that they’ll try block one can’t ever be allowed to be. They like to throw the Putin tags about when talking about the SNP well that sounds pretty Putinesque to me lol. 
Like the 4th verse of GSTK too. 
Tbh I think if there is a second one and within the next year or two then that really will be it over. The appetite would disappear from pretty much everywhere I’d imagine, possibly like Quebec. It’s never really been raised there again. 
I believe No would win again too I just don’t think we have enough people (soft yes) with the bottle to go for it and the rest think we’re a wasteland kept afloat by English money. 

40 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It is very difficult mate but the thought that they’ll try block one can’t ever be allowed to be. They like to throw the Putin tags about when talking about the SNP well that sounds pretty Putinesque to me lol. 
Like the 4th verse of GSTK too. 
Tbh I think if there is a second one and within the next year or two then that really will be it over. The appetite would disappear from pretty much everywhere I’d imagine, possibly like Quebec. It’s never really been raised there again. 
I believe No would win again too I just don’t think we have enough people (soft yes) with the bottle to go for it and the rest think we’re a wasteland kept afloat by English money. 

Yeah I agree denying people one is a worrying precedent to set from UKGov. 

I think I slightly disagree with you though, in that I think if we were to have one in the next year or two Yes would win. The current UKGov is a bit of a shambles, I don’t think they would have the skill, or potentially even the inclination to make a solid, compelling argument to the people of Scotland to stay part of the union. 

2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

I think I slightly disagree with you though, in that I think if we were to have one in the next year or two Yes would win. The current UKGov is a bit of a shambles, I don’t think they would have the skill, or potentially even the inclination to make a solid, compelling argument to the people of Scotland to stay part of the union. 

Much of it is to do with momentum - the polling in the last 12months was overwhelmingly positive but there is a Covid effect where by the day to day running of government/services was overlooked and I think the SNP got a bounce being compared to the shambles of the South. 

The main thing for anyone wanting an Indie Scotland is that the starting point needs to be above 50% in order to really hope to get across the line. The polling last time out started low and they dragged it right up and came close. This time it needs to have a lead and the offering to the people has to be realistic. 

I think we're seeing short term polling that is impacted by snap judgements on how people feel about the people leading towards Independence and being put off by the Salmond affair as well as current concerns about Westminster. 

The SNP may need to look at itself carefully in the next 6months and consider that Blackford may be too marmite for some, Sturgeon should survive but may need to find some way of getting the country moving forward positively. Going back to my opening comment - it's all about momentum and having that positive message that will bring people onboard. 

Edited by Mysterion

jack D and coke
59 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Much of it is to do with momentum - the polling in the last 12months was overwhelmingly positive but there is a Covid effect where by the day to day running of government/services was overlooked and I think the SNP got a bounce being compared to the shambles of the South. 

The main thing for anyone wanting an Indie Scotland is that the starting point needs to be above 50% in order to really hope to get across the line. The polling last time out started low and they dragged it right up and came close. This time it needs to have a lead and the offering to the people has to be realistic. 

I think we're seeing short term polling that is impacted by snap judgements on how people feel about the people leading towards Independence and being put off by the Salmond affair as well as current concerns about Westminster. 

The SNP may need to look at itself carefully in the next 6months and consider that Blackford may be too marmite for some, Sturgeon should survive but may need to find some way of getting the country moving forward positively. Going back to my opening comment - it's all about momentum and having that positive message that will bring people onboard. 

Blackford is marmite?? There’s someone somewhere that doesn’t think he’s fecking clown?? :lol: 

6 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Blackford is marmite?? There’s someone somewhere that doesn’t think he’s fecking clown?? :lol: 

I'm a big fan. He doesn't half rile the traitors, so I hope he becomes Scotland's first male president after the first ever president, The saviour of Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon. 

jack D and coke
Just now, ri Alban said:

I'm a big fan. He doesn't half rile the traitors, so I hope he becomes Scotland's first male president after the first ever president, The saviour of Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon. 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886aiwzaikf0aic6bvkzc

Unknown user

When do the referendums stop?

It isn't about referendums, it's about democratic expression. When the matter's settled it'll stop being a necessary part of our democratic conversation and we won't need referendums.

We didn't have a referendum for 30+ years because the matter was relatively settled, independence support was in a minority. I remember when the SNP's entire democratic representation was 2 MPs at Westminster.

But things have changed, England's  lurched further right than Scotland and more and more people don't chime with the governments that England vote in. Added to that, the only realistic possible threats to SNP dominance in Scotland, Labour and the Liberals, have both utterly pissed their chips up here.

13 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886aiwzaikf0aic6bvkzc

:D

Know what's even funnier, Jack, @jonesy is still masquerading as a yes voter. 

Pro UK parties should stop talking about the constitution and a referendum. It's not happening,  there's no route to secession. The UK will not entertain it, especially now given SNP's recent governance of devolved democracy. 

Attack the SG on their appalling record on education and health. They are now synonymous with lies and secrecy, with a growing section of the electorate.

Unknown user
1 minute ago, pablo said:

Pro UK parties should stop talking about the constitution and a referendum. It's not happening,  there's no route to secession. The UK will not entertain it, especially now given SNP's recent governance of devolved democracy. 

Attack the SG on their appalling record on education and health. They are now synonymous with lies and secrecy, with a growing section of the electorate.

Them ignoring the issue works for me  👍

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Them ignoring the issue works for me  👍

Likewise....it's peaked and is never going to happen. Time to take the SNP to task on their performance on running the country.

Unknown user
Just now, pablo said:

Likewise....it's peaked and is never going to happen. Time to take the SNP to task on their performance on running the country.

Oh it'll happen, it's just a question of when and how.

JudyJudyJudy
44 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

You been on the booze already? 

22 minutes ago, pablo said:

:Funny-Post:

JudyJudyJudy
7 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Good post. I agree that we had a ref in 2014 and I dont think we should have another for 5 - 10 years. I voted Yes and Ill probably vote Yes again. I am able to separate my contempt for the current Scottish Govt and a vote for Independence. They do not have a monopoly on it. 

3 general elections in 4 years, yet Scotland is only allowed 1 referendum in 314 years. 

The Labour, Tories and lib dems have lied and abused the Scottish public forever, but according to someone on here, believes they should be held up against the SNP. Fecking hilarious some folk are. 

And no yes supporter would ever say people didn't want to vote to make themselves poorer. 

jack D and coke
7 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I don't think you mean to, but you're coming across as pretty narrow minded, bud.

People who vote(d) 'Yes' are a broad church, and some of the more passionate online independistas ought to recognise this. 

Your last sentence doesn't make sense - not sure if you mean I shouldn't be saying this or if the assertion that indy would likely result in making most Scots worse off. A wee bit of short term pain for long term gain is okay, but the older I get, the short term is the only term I've got left.

I lived abroad for about 10 years until shortly before the 2014 referendum (came back and voted yes, partly out of blind faith and partly out of pride in being Scottish). I think that may have made me immune from some of the more ardent pro-indy diatribes and the worst excesses of the cybernats. Since being back in Scotland, I've seen and heard some pretty pathetic arguments for independence, especially from those who shout the loudest and refuse to have any kind of adult discussion about the ramifications of such an important decision. That's not to say I wouldn't vote yes again, but my older (wiser?) self is less inclined to do so without some serious thought first.

I think aussieh has got the painters in atm. I’ve noticed last few days he seems to be awfy confrontational ...You ok big man?😜

Seriously though good post I agree with it. There’s some absolute halfwits to be had in this debate. Both sides let it be said. 

Edited by jack D and coke

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

3 general elections in 4 years, yet Scotland is only allowed 1 referendum in 314 years. 

The Labour, Tories and lib dems have lied and abused the Scottish public forever, but according to someone on here, believes they should be held up against the SNP. Fecking hilarious some folk are. 

And no yes supporter would ever say people didn't want to vote to make themselves poorer. 

Actually we have had two referendums in the last 314 years 

Famous 1874

Have another election all you want. The result will be the same, even more convincing this time imo.

The concept of independence is actually quite interesting but anyone with knowledge on simple economics would know that Scotland would go to shit. 

Scotland needs Labour to get their finger out as Tory rule up here is almost unheard of, although they have been gaining ground over the last couple of years.

The SNP, in the majority been nothing but a failure over the last 14 years, although I do admit a few of their policies are really good - free tuition fees, free prescriptions to name a couple (list is not very big). 

With the Brexit vote I can also see some sort of mandate for a referendum  but really it should be once in generation, and that happened, and they lost. Where do you draw the line?

If they put as much money and effort into campaigning for independence then Scotland might actually solve its drug and obesity problem, failing healthcare and education system and crumbling infrastructure. 

The sooner the SNP and the greens are out the better. Labour / Tory coalition would have to monumentally **** up to be worse. That hate speech bill passed yesterday sums it up. Complete and utter embarrassment. 

Seymour M Hersh
5 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Have another election all you want. The result will be the same, even more convincing this time imo.

The concept of independence is actually quite interesting but anyone with knowledge on simple economics would know that Scotland would go to shit. 

Scotland needs Labour to get their finger out as Tory rule up here is almost unheard of, although they have been gaining ground over the last couple of years.

The SNP, in the majority been nothing but a failure over the last 14 years, although I do admit a few of their policies are really good - free tuition fees, free prescriptions to name a couple (list is not very big). 

With the Brexit vote I can also see some sort of mandate for a referendum  but really it should be once in generation, and that happened, and they lost. Where do you draw the line?

If they put as much money and effort into campaigning for independence then Scotland might actually solve its drug and obesity problem, failing healthcare and education system and crumbling infrastructure. 

The sooner the SNP and the greens are out the better. Labour / Tory coalition would have to monumentally **** up to be worse. That hate speech bill passed yesterday sums it up. Complete and utter embarrassment. 

Oooft, I hope you've got a full HAZMAT suit on along with your tin helmet. :lol:

5 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Abuse and Hilarious gifs incoming.........