• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Who should we vote for? 

Scotland needs less party politics and more independents who are genuinely  interested  in the people they represent.

Too many politicians  are self serving arseholes who are guided by a fixed ideology.

As Theresa May said to Boris - its a position of service, not power .

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, Candy said:

Scotland needs less party politics and more independents who are genuinely  interested  in the people they represent.

Too many politicians  are self serving arseholes who are guided by a fixed ideology.

As Theresa May said to Boris - its a position of service, not power .

Agreed. 

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

All her cares now they seem not so far away......

Couple of wee changes there....

Cannae beat a Roxy line Jonno.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I don't take offence from unionists. Who does? They don't have any answers. Almost all of them say the same thing and would appear not to have any confidence in the people of Scotland. 

I don't expect a plan for independence as I don't for the continuance of this dysfunctional Union. I also have friends and family who are independence supporters too.

Unionists do have all of the answers. It’s called the status quo! The onus of proof doesn’t lie with those who favour the status quo, it lies with those who want to gamble with our lives just twee kilt wearing brexiteers 

The sad reality is independence will equate  enormous tax hikes and huge spending cuts, and potentially NI style violence .. 

The people of Scotland did the right thing in 2014 and will do so again. Those who favour independence typically don’t have much to lose, or are not sharp enough to realise the policies which bought their independence votes will be the first to go in the post Indy austerity +++

personally, - there is no way my ridiculous taxes will be used to prop up a failing economy for 40 years while it sorts itself out.  I’ll be gone. 

1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

I’m not sure about that.  Patel was found to have broken the ministerial code and Johnson almost certainly lied to the queen.

What I don’t think SNP followers realise is that by constantly using the Patel/Johnson/Hancock defence strategy it simply emphasises that Nicola Sturgeon is in that category of person.  Hardly a vote winner is it! 

A claim dismissed in the High Court in England and Patel has nothing on the contemptuous Swinney. He is in a league of his own for crookedness. 

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No, about 1m were rUK and EU citizens. They were voting with a different view. 1m were traitors to their homeland. 

😂

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Unionists do have all of the answers. It’s called the status quo! The onus of proof doesn’t lie with those who favour the status quo, it lies with those who want to gamble with our lives just twee kilt wearing brexiteers 

The sad reality is independence will equate  enormous tax hikes and huge spending cuts, and potentially NI style violence .. 

The people of Scotland did the right thing in 2014 and will do so again. Those who favour independence typically don’t have much to lose, or are not sharp enough to realise the policies which bought their independence votes will be the first to go in the post Indy austerity +++

personally, - there is no way my ridiculous taxes will be used to prop up a failing economy for 40 years while it sorts itself out.  I’ll be gone. 

What proof do you have for this garbage? Kilt wearing, NI violence! Unionists same old  rubbish. 

Seymour M Hersh
51 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Like Cruyff has acknowledged what I genuinely don’t understand is why supporters of the SNP and Independence are standing by her.  

Surely you can’t believe that she is now helping you achieve your goals.  A month ago a majority was locked up, now it looks 50/50.  20 polls in a row had yes ahead and now 6 in a row (till today) had no ahead.  There is no way today’s news makes either of these things better.  She will be such a turn off to floating voters and undecideds.

Can any yes/SNP supporter answer this as I just don’t get it? 

Desperation?  She kind of is the SNP. The figurehead, the all knowing all seeing leader, the moral compass (laughably I'll grant you) and they know that there's nobody else in the SNP who can galvanise them and their support. Who else is there to lead them?  

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

That one came Out of the Blue, Roxy...

Stranded LP is tonight's bedtime listening.

Great album. Mother of pearl is a great song.

This means absolutely zilch. Have they said she knowingly misled or misled.  Anyway the other enquiry by the other dude is the real thing, not some witch hunt by jealous little anti Scots who wish they were as good as Nicola Sturgeon. Viva SNP. 

Tick Tock Traitors. I say traitors because it's more civilised that putting into words what I really think about these people. 

Hopefully now the greens will be eyepatched by independence/SNP voters, yes whiteman is now an independent, but the greens will pay. 

Edited by ri Alban

Brighton Jambo
1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Desperation?  She kind of is the SNP. The figurehead, the all knowing all seeing leader, the moral compass (laughably I'll grant you) and they know that there's nobody else in the SNP who can galvanise them and their support. Who else is there to lead them?  

You are probably right.  No way she is helping the cause anymore.  The hardcore will back her but the undecideds, the floating voters and the ‘soft’ SNP voters will look elsewhere or not vote at all.  She’s properly damaging them now and if she truly believed in independence above herself she would go.  She won’t though, she loves power way more than than independence.  

Footballfirst
24 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

What about this new Independence Party. I don’t know much about them but they might take the votes from SNP which could mean SNP loose out on government 

Quite the reverse. If the SNP dropped to 40% and the new Independence Party got 10%, then it would strengthen the pro-independence of the parliament, because of the voting system.

The SNP would still get the majority of the first past the post constituencies, but the IP would get a decent share of the List seats meaning that the SNP + IP + Greens would have a clear majority.

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What proof do you have for this garbage? Kilt wearing, NI violence! Unionists same old  rubbish. 

What proof do you have he's wrong wee man? Your ma needs to get her spare room back by the way. Boot your bare erse oot. 

kingantti1874
20 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I don’t need to provide evidence! My life is good ..  You need to provide answers to the literally  hundreds of unanswered questions, it’s you and SNP that want to gamble with all our lives with no plan and no answers.

Do you think we will be truly independent or vote join the eu? assume the latter,

do you think we will join the Euro or retain the pound, and tie ourselves to U.K. economic policy? We will be joining the Euro despite misleading uncommital crap and lies from the SNP

do you think a hard border with our biggest export market is a good idea? How will that benefit Scottish jobs 

given one of our biggest industries is FS, and the biggest market for those FS companies are English customers based in England  - what are you doing with those jobs which will drain south.

our deficit by any measure is massive - who are we borrowing from? The ECB who didn’t allow Greece to borrow significantly less than we need without hugely significant and crippling economic sanctions .

we will abandon trident and the services! What are we doing with those jobs? Are those men and women going on the dole 

do you think those people who validly recognise themselves as Scottish and British will be happy about having their nationality forcably changed, against their will, at a polling both will like that? Do you think it will just be accepted? I’m 99% sure Scotland will be no more United than Northern Ireland. Permanently divided.

I could go on and on. The SNP have no depth, no talent and no answers. Just words and popular unsustainable spending policies.Sadly, Scotland’s population tend to vote for those who promise the biggest handout. Regardless of whether it’s sustainable or not.  They should be careful what they wish for.

as I said earlier, the SNP are no better than the brexiteers who also didn’t have a plan.

Sturgeon is a liar, that she lied to parliament shouldn’t be a surprise she is happy to lie to the people every day. To give her credit, she is engaging and articulate and I can see why many believe her bullshit

Edited by kingantti1874

Roxy Hearts
14 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

What proof do you have he's wrong wee man? Your ma needs to get her spare room back by the way. Boot your bare erse oot. 

Grow up. As a grandfather that's amusing.

14 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

SNP + IP + Greens

That would an interesting alliance. I’m sure some of the IP party are ex SNP members who left after a stooshy 

Just now, jonesy said:

Sadly true. She's gone from dynamic, ambitious young woman to defensive, nasty and fearful. Time to go.

It’s inevitable when someone has so much power for so long. I think she’s read the room very badly with a lot of stuff that has been getting pushed through policy wise in the last period of time. Ironically a female FM could have her position weakened by gender equality policies. 

Footballfirst
4 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

That would an interesting alliance. I’m sure some of the IP party are ex SNP members who left after a stooshy 

They are the closest alliance politically. I can't see a Tory/Liberal/Labour alliance, to remove the SNP from power, lasting very long.

Edited by Footballfirst

1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Grow up. As a grandfather that's amusing.

Your tartan slippers have gone to your heid in that case.  

Roxy Hearts
11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t need to provide evidence! My life is good ..  You need to provide answers to the literally  hundreds of unanswered questions, it’s you that wants to gamble with no plan.

Do you think we will be truly independent or vote join the eu? assume the latter,

do you think we will join the Euro or retain the pound, and tie ourselves to U.K. economic policy? We will be joining the Euro despite misleading uncommital crap and lies from the SNP

do you think a hard border with our biggest export market is a good idea? How will that benefit Scottish jobs 

given one of our biggest industries is FS, and the biggest market for those FS companies are English customers based in England  - what are you doing with those jobs which will drain south.

our deficit by any measure is massive - who are we borrowing from? The ECB who didn’t allow Greece to borrow significantly less than we need without hugely significant and crippling economic sanctions .

we will abandon trident and the services! What are we doing with those jobs? Are those men and women going on the dole 

do you think those people who validly recognise themselves as Scottish and British will be happy about having their nationality forcably changed, against their will, at a polling both will like that? Do you think it will just be accepted? I’m 99% sure Scotland will be no more United than Northern Ireland. Permanently divided.

I could go on and on. The SNP have no depth, no talent and no answers. Just words and popular unsustainable spending policies.Sadly, Scotland’s population tend to vote for those who promise the biggest handout. Regardless of whether it’s sustainable or not.  They should be careful what they wish for.

as I said earlier, the SNP are no better than the brexiteers who also didn’t have a plan.

Sturgeon is a liar, that she lied to parliament shouldn’t be a surprise she is happy to lie to the people every day. To give her credit, she is engaging and articulate and I can see why many believe her bullshit

As I said earlier. Folk vote for different reasons. I assume by your absurd comments you don't have much confidence in the Scottish people. NI violence, get a grip as it says more about you than me but then again some unionists like aggression!

What makes you think like that and why is Scotland incapable of running its own affairs? Every other country manages it! Why does Westminster want to keep this basket case of a country?

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Your tartan slippers have gone to your heid in that case.  

Your Union Jack pants are soiled.

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

As I said earlier. Folk vote for different reasons. I assume by your absurd comments you don't have much confidence in the Scottish people. NI violence, get a grip as it says more about you than me but then again some unionists like aggression!

What makes you think like that and why is Scotland incapable of running its own affairs? Every other country manages it! Why does Westminster want to keep this basket case of a country?

Absurd? They were not comments they were questions . It’s not lost on me that you didn’t provide or attempt to provide any answers  😂😂 I for one am absolutely shocked.  Straight out the SNP deflection handbook that one. 

as I say I trust the Scottish people like me to do the right thing, and of course we have people who are capable of running our own affairs, (lots of whom think like me btw and work in industries like mine). 

Wee Bob the jakie who voted for the SNP becuase of the free bus passes is not however capable of running our affairs.  

anyway that small bit accurate point  aside,  the boundaries of how successful an independent Scotland would be would be defined by the economics, and economically and  it will take a long long time for Scotland to be reshape it’s economy to return to our present position. It will be measured in decades not years.  The economics of independence are very clear.  If I’m wrong point me to an Economic analysis which suggests otherwise. Such an analysis doesn’t exist. If it did - the SNP would be all over it and “yea” would be a shoe in

the truth is, it will cost us big time

Edited by kingantti1874

10 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Your Union Jack pants are soiled.

At least they're not on fire like yours, eh wee man.

Roxy Hearts
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I really enjoyed all of your answers 😂😂 I for one am absolutely shocked that you have absolutely none. 

as I say I trust the Scottish people like me to do the right thing, of course we have people who are capable of running our own affairs, (lots of whom think like me and work in industries like mine)  .  

Wee Bob the jakie who voted for the SNP becuase of the free bus passes is not capable of running our affairs .. 

anyway that aside the boundaries of how successful we will absolutely be defined by the economics, and economically and  it will take a long long time for Scotland to be reshape it’s economy. It will be measured in decades not years. 

too long for me. 

How do you know that about the economy? I don't have answers and neither do you. Just the same old, tired too wee, too poor, too stupid dressed up in UJ soiled underwear.

Roxy Hearts
3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

At least they're not on fire like yours, eh wee man.

My pants are fine, Wee fella. 

2 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Sturgone

It will be Sturdragged because I doubt she will do the honourable thing. 

Roxy Hearts
6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Some of you men have kids, aye? 

Let them see this thread & what Dad's posting. 

Thought TikTok was embarrassing. :lol:

Well, unionists are funny. Sense of humour required.

kingantti1874
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

How do you know that about the economy? I don't have answers and neither do you. Just the same old, tired too wee, too poor, too stupid dressed up in UJ soiled

I wouldn’t assume everyone is as ill informed as you. Quite frankly If you don’t understand the questions or the issues you don’t deserve a say on something so material.

Ps - dont believe the people people of Scotland are too wee, too poor or too stupid.
That’s why we will study the facts and vote the right way..

SNP voters however who blame their failed inadequate lives on the Union and the big bad English , who feel inadequate within the union, and who are too stupid to understand the economic reality and the cost of independence.. well they are another story entirely aren’t they.

They should be thankful that enough people exist to save them from their own failings and naivety. 

Who are the runners n riders to replace Sturgone then? I know wee Mhairi Bleck can stick the heid on so I might stick a wee fiver on her. 

kingantti1874
Just now, JackLadd said:

Who are the runners n riders to replace Sturgone then? I know wee Mhairi Bleck can stick the heid on so I might stick a wee fiver on her. 

Oh I hope so. she is barely even literate. An absolute embarrassment.

3 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

I honesty  wouldn't be surprised  if she was the unnamed person from last weeks allegations.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Oh I hope so. she is barely even literate. An absolute embarrassment.

An accurate reflection of her voters.

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm a moderate Unionist, you could say.

Some of the replies on here, you'd struggle to not laugh at on Twitter, or a CoD Chat room. :lol:

How can nobody even have a semblance of a rational conversation about the subject?

What's the point just trolling the shite out of each other.🤷‍♂️

Dude, they are going Sturgone Crazy. 😄😅

Edited by JackLadd

Roxy Hearts
9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I wouldn’t assume everyone is as ill informed as you. Quite frankly If you don’t understand the questions or the issues you don’t deserve a say on something so material.

Ps - dont believe the people people of Scotland are too wee, too poor or too stupid.
That’s why we will study the facts and vote the right way..

SNP voters however who blame their failed inadequate lives on the Union and the big bad English , who feel inadequate within the union, and who are too stupid to understand the economic reality and the cost of independence.. well they are another story entirely aren’t they.

They should be thankful that enough people exist to save them from their own failings and naivety. 

You talk some utter nonsense. Can you point me in the right direction where I can get a breakdown of all of Scotland's finances. I can then make an informed decision! 

A majority of Scots voted for independence, it was a mixture of Scots and others that voted against. Men voted for independence. I may be wrong but I'm sure this was published.

kingantti1874

Sturgeon goes the last faint hope for independence is dead. 

maybe double digit IQ Jeannie Freeman will get the gig, or that sheep fermer from he beating heart of Scotland ( Sherland or Orkney) that talks pish at Westminster. 

maybe double digit IQ Jeannie Freeman will get the gig, or that sheep fermer from he beating heart of Scotland ( Sherland or Orkney) that talks pish at Westminster. 

What about Fatty Blackford? I bet he is eyeing her slipped crown. 

Roxy Hearts
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

ps - theres that inadequacy again. You are like the bullied kid who thinks changing school will solve all their problems.  People like me are comfortable in our skin, confident in what we offer and content that we are no ones pet. 

stop blaming others for your failure .. it’s on you 

So why are you so insulting? You don't come across as being comfortable in your own skin. I see a Michael Gove.

kingantti1874
Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

So why are you so insulting? You don't come across as being comfortable in your own skin. I see a Michael Gove.

he told me I was going to be deported, and that I’d be an English mans pet 😂

Roxy Hearts
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

he told me I was going to be deported, and that I’d be an English mans pet 😂

😁. Have a good night. I'm off to bed. Up for work.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

You talk some utter nonsense. Can you point me in the right direction where I can get a breakdown of all of Scotland's finances. I can then make an informed decision! 

A majority of Scots voted for independence, it was a mixture of Scots and others that voted against. Men voted for independence. I may be wrong but I'm sure this was published.

do you not think you should do your own research? It actually utterly horrifying that people with this level of insight get to decide our future. 

go read the 2014 white paper. The one written in crayon with made up numbers and fictional fossil fuel wholesale prices. That’s a good place to start. 

coconut doug

Indy is not finished. every time you look at or listen Johnson and the Tories you are reminded that there must be something better. 

Every time i read posts like yours i am reminded of the Scottish cringe and national self loathing by a large percentage of our people whose main satisfaction in life is to imagine that they are better that their fellow citizens (Tories). 

I'm guessing you are old and resistant to change. The young in Scotland are massively in favour of Indy. They have been shortchanged and want something better. It may well happen sooner than many think.

How's the UK economy doing? You seem to be a bit of an expert in such matters.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

What about Fatty Blackford? I bet he is eyeing her slipped crown. 

that’s the fella. 

kingantti1874
Just now, coconut doug said:

Indy is not finished. every time you look at or listen Johnson and the Tories you are reminded that there must be something better. 

Every time i read posts like yours i am reminded of the Scottish cringe and national self loathing by a large percentage of our people whose main satisfaction in life is to imagine that they are better that their fellow citizens (Tories). 

I'm guessing you are old and resistant to change. The young in Scotland are massively in favour of Indy. They have been shortchanged and want something better. It may well happen sooner than many think.

How's the UK economy doing? You seem to be a bit of an expert in such matters.

best bit is I’m not even a unionist. !! bear with me !! 😂

I couldn’t give a **** about the flag (although I recognise that people will), I don’t care about boris, the tories and I think the monarchy are a waste of space. I don’t like those twats at Westminster any more than I like the morons at Holyrood . All LIARS!

im a “me-ist” ! if for one second I though independence could or would benefit me or my family I’d be all over it. If it were 1979 and we still had a shit ton of oil and gas to rely on id vote for it in a second.

Sadly, it’s all spent

An independent Scotland will be a poorer Scotland for the rest of my life, people like me all already paying for Scotland’s vote buying bullshit and it will only get worse. Independence will come at a massive cost - it will mean both massive tax hikes and massive spending cuts.

life is too short. 

7 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Just checking, but when your obviously peaceful version of an independent Scotland rejoins the world, will I be expected to help invade Panama again?

(like couldn't we invade Tenerife, same flag, better weather) ((invent a time machine, go back to 1700 what not, NS could prob do that))

Could be a good place to send Sturgone.  A St Helena for her to order serfs, ride horses and dictate memoirs. 

millerjames398
2 hours ago, Candy said:

I honesty  wouldn't be surprised  if she was the unnamed person from last weeks allegations.

Do you think she'd be invited, into the inner circle of the royal family😂

Brighton Jambo
7 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

best bit is I’m not even a unionist. !! bear with me !! 😂

I couldn’t give a **** about the flag (although I recognise that people will), I don’t care about boris, the tories and I think the monarchy are a waste of space. I don’t like those twats at Westminster any more than I like the morons at Holyrood . All LIARS!

im a “me-ist” ! if for one second I though independence could or would benefit me or my family I’d be all over it. If it were 1979 and we still had a shit ton of oil and gas to rely on id vote for it in a second.

Sadly, it’s all spent

An independent Scotland will be a poorer Scotland for the rest of my life, people like me all already paying for Scotland’s vote buying bullshit and it will only get worse. Independence will come at a massive cost - it will mean both massive tax hikes and massive spending cuts.

life is too short. 

Great post.  This is exactly where I am.  I am not fundamentally opposed to independence for philosophical reasons.  I am opposed to it because I believe it will make life worse for my family.  It will create risks to what I have worked so hard to achieve and build for my kids and it will take decades to truly see any meaningful benefit (if at all)

I do understand for some people that’s worth it, either they don’t have much and so have nothing to lose or they so passionately want to have total self rule they are willing to take the pain.  

If someone could lay out the economic case to show how we would unequivocally be better off as a nation and as citizens within that nation I would absolute consider it.  In 7/8 years I have seen absolutely nothing of that sort.  All I ever hear is vote for independence to get away from Boris and the nasty Tories, hardly a compelling reason to rip up the status quo.