The rise and fall of The SNP.

Lord Montpelier
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Keeping her dirty laundry from scrutiny to save her own neck isn't democracy. 

As I said Jack, not a great state of affairs, at all. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

True. 

But it's being manipulated from down south. Through Davidson and Baillie, by Johnson and Starmer. 

Now I think yer going a step too far 🤣 its political as most things are but its so far just a faff.... 

1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

As I said Jack, not a great state of affairs, at all. 

Given the fish rots from the head down I contend her whole govt is tainted by corruption and not fit for purpose.

Just now, Boy Daniel said:

You are right we don’t know the reasoning. However the SG counsel apologised 3 times to the court that they had to bring this case to court. The only good thing about this is it exposed the policy are being unlawful.

Wasnt aware of that part (3 times) 

The policy being reviewed is a good thing. I don’t like AS’s attitude toward the previous policy and parliamentary privilege though. I don’t agree with the whole idea of historical cases not being reviewable or having mediation with former ministers / parliamentarians. 

Hopefully in the last part we might get some more actual worthwhile info. 

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Cole-Hamilton is a walloper isnt he. What were ya thinking about electing him

He isn't very balanced. He's supposed to be taking evidence, not looking to go after NS. Pretty pathetic. 

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

He isn't very balanced. He's supposed to be taking evidence, not looking to go after NS. Pretty pathetic. 

If that was him going after Sturgeon then he's a Mhairi Bleck in disguise.

5 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

The end of Sturgeon’s reign is in sight. The end of the SNP is a bit further away. 

I reckon Sturgeon going could be a good thing for the snp tbh. She's not well liked. 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I reckon Sturgeon going could be a good thing for the snp tbh. She's not well liked. 

:rofl:

By Unionists and Alex Salmond. Oh and you. 

The evidence around the dates of the meetings is going to be difficult to defend by Sturgeon as there is witnesses to back it up and it appears documentary evidence the been redacted. 

1 minute ago, steve123 said:

He is saying he has documentary evidence for every accusation he has made 😵

He’s read out text or WhatsApp messages of people out to get him. 
It’s not looking good for those people who authored the messages. 
And and Email!

Edited by Boy Daniel
And an Email!

25 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Salmond saying NS should not resign as far as he is concerned however others should be considering their position. 

16 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

The end of Sturgeon’s reign is in sight. The end of the SNP is a bit further away. 

Why would you want the end of the SNP?  Should Independence supporters have no voice despite making up approx half or over half of voters  

Just now, sadj said:

Salmond saying NS should not resign as far as he is concerned however others should be considering their position. 

Why would you want the end of the SNP?  Should Independence supporters have no voice despite making up approx half or over half of voters  

I don't get that. Why is he saying she stitched him up. 

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

I didn't think he said should not resign, I thought he said it was not for him to say ?

11 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

The evidence around the dates of the meetings is going to be difficult to defend by Sturgeon as there is witnesses to back it up and it appears documentary evidence the been redacted. 

There must be meeting minutes, diary entries etc that back this up ? 

6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Or witness statements. One of the witnesses is Salmond’s counsel. 

7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Remember some of the evidence has been redacted and barred by the Crown Office and the SG has withheld evidence as well.

1 minute ago, Boy Daniel said:

Or witness statements. One of the witnesses is Salmond’s counsel. 

I don't see the big lie. People forget shit, I've forgotten many a conversation in my life. Some really important one's, anaw. 

15 minutes ago, steve123 said:

I didn't think he said should not resign, I thought he said it was not for him to say ?

No he was asked if she should resign and he said “for me No...”

Salmond sets out summary of evidence themes on what is public

1. New policy

2. Permanent secretary got involved in policy when she knew of complaints.

3. Crown agent / press statement prepared despite Police saying it was private 

4. External legal advice

5. Creating evidence when Police had started investigation 

6. Messages in public domain 

Plus says he has worse evidence can't use 

Things I don't get:

Why the case was pursued so rigorously if the counsel advised against it?

Why would Sturgeon et al need to bring Salmond down? He was largely peripheral after his move to Putin TV.

Why can't other people testify regarding the 29th March meeting?

Why I had this on in the background all afternoon.

Brighton Jambo
Just now, ri Alban said:

IMG-20210226-WA0001.thumb.jpg.08d3e39144e37003e80b66a7d383b6e8.jpg

You are right it needn’t be a resignation issue.  But by not resigning she just makes the SNP as bad as the Tories.  Which means some of moral authority that attracts voters is lost.  If she truly valued independence she would fall on her sword for the greater good.  Make a real point that they are better than WM.  

Brighton Jambo

Alex Salmond, a man who has wanted independence all his life, has basically said today that Scotland is not ready and its core institutions fit for independence.  Absolutely brutal.

5 minutes ago, Costanza said:

Things I don't get:

Why the case was pursued so rigorously if the counsel advised against it?

Why would Sturgeon et al need to bring Salmond down? He was largely peripheral after his move to Putin TV.

Why can't other people testify regarding the 29th March meeting?

Why I had this on in the background all afternoon.

Once you set your mind on something it can be hard to let it go

But it's a good question. It could be to do with the legal advice.  Stopping the action opens them to more problems.

Edited by Mikey1874

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You are right it needn’t be a resignation issue.  But by not resigning she just makes the SNP as bad as the Tories.  Which means some of moral authority that attracts voters is lost.  If she truly valued independence she would fall on her sword for the greater good.  Make a real point that they are better than WM.  

On what basis should she resign. Cause Alex Salmond said so. 

Brighton Jambo
Just now, ri Alban said:

If she is found to have breached the ministerial code.  And her performance at the Covid briefing this week should achieve that on its own never mind all these allegations via the enquiry.

You and I are on the same team here.  I don’t want her to resign as she is now damaging the SNP and independence movement.  

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Once you set your mind on something it can be hard to let it go

But it's a good question. It could be to do with the legal advice.  Stopping the action opens them to more problems.

You may be right.

Sturgeon's answer to the pursuit of the case following the counsel advice will be interesting 

30 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I don't see the big lie. People forget shit, I've forgotten many a conversation in my life. Some really important one's, anaw. 

I’d imagine if you went to a meeting with the FM at her home along with your legal counsel you would at least remember it and hopefully taken notes. 

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Why is he still being referred to as Right Honourable Alex Salmond? Do you keep that for life, if you have been an MP. 

Yes

Some nice remnants of proper old constitutional history 

Not everyone. Maybe as was a leader.

Edited by Mikey1874

6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Salmond I think hasn’t  said she should resign he that’s for others to suggest from the Parliament.

Edited by Boy Daniel
Correction

Motivation asked about

Salmond talks about losing the judicial review being a prime motivation for all this.

And that criminal case would overtake it. They wanted to encourage the criminal case. 

Why they wanted to do that though?

Edited by Mikey1874

Just now, Brighton Jambo said:

If she is found to have breached the ministerial code.  And her performance at the Covid briefing this week should achieve that on its own never mind all these allegations via the enquiry.

You and I are on the same team here.  I don’t want her to resign as she is now damaging the SNP and independence movement.  

No she isn't. 

Why would the SNP and NS do this to AS. He failed to take Scotland to independence and was probably the reason why, as I know a few folk who could not vote yes, because they thought he was a creepy weirdo. 

NS has independence at near 60% and make no mistake she'll breeze this next week. 

As for AS, he didn't beat all charges. 1 was very dubious. 

Seymour M Hersh
13 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

You are right it needn’t be a resignation issue.  But by not resigning she just makes the SNP as bad as the SNP.  Which means some of moral authority that attracts voters is lost.  If she truly valued independence she would fall on her sword for the greater good.  Make a real point that they are better than WM.  

Ftfy. 

Salmond offers to provide all the information Committee haven't been able to get from Government etc from his solicitors. Suggests they ask.

Edited by Mikey1874

Rodger Mellie
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Salmond offers to provide all the information Committe haven't been able to get from his solicitors. Suggests they ask.

Hopefully they'll take him up on that offer and the information becomes public. Let us see what the SG is hiding.

Brighton Jambo
14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

No she isn't. 

Why would the SNP and NS do this to AS. He failed to take Scotland to independence and was probably the reason why, as I know a few folk who could not vote yes, because they thought he was a creepy weirdo. 

NS has independence at near 60% and make no mistake she'll breeze this next week. 

As for AS, he didn't beat all charges. 1 was very dubious. 

We’ll see.  And as for the 60% claim the last two polls have yes at less than 50% when undecideds are removed.  The poll this week, taken before all this kicked off is within the margin of error even when undecideds was included.  

A third of people polled said this had made them view the SNP less favourably.

Even SNP MSP’s have been tweeting this week making the point that this is damaging the independence cause.

Bury your head in the sand if you want.  

jack D and coke
5 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

When it's not spamming up independence threads, the Coconut Doug algorithm has been pretty good with it's analysis of this situation for quite some time.

Lol defo pal. If only the unionist side on here had an algorithm as good😐

3 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

We’ll see.  And as for the 60% claim the last two polls have yes at less than 50% when undecideds are removed.  The poll this week, taken before all this kicked off is within the margin of error even when undecideds was included.  

A third of people polled said this had made them view the SNP less favourably.

Even SNP MSP’s have been tweeting this week making the point that this is damaging the independence cause.

Bury your head in the sand if you want.  

I view the snp less favourably.

Less favourably than the others though? Nah!

11 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Salmond offers to provide all the information Committee haven't been able to get from Government etc from his solicitors. Suggests they ask.

He’s told them to use the Scotland Act to gather all the with held information. If I understood the conveyer at the end they may well just do that. 

Edited by Boy Daniel