The rise and fall of The SNP.

Malinga the Swinga
7 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

This is the explosion some of us want, and some of us deny even is an explosion.

Enjoy it, 

Nobody should be happy with this, it doesn't show us in good light. 

Wish they would all, every politician, **** off and leave us in peace. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Law experts tell Alex Salmond not to undermine the justice system

Sorry if this link was already posted but it's pretty important. People whose opinions of the goings on actually matter have condemned this talk of Salmond being censored and the like, saying nothing of the sort is going on.

Nothing's forcing anyone to listen to the politicians or the papers desperately trying to remain relevant and sell their rags. And the collective power is there for us to demand Scotland be shown in a better light.

Wonder what else is being not just blown out of proportion but made up from whole cloth.

8 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

PS I don't live in Scotland so no news coverage down here. 

Huh. You'd think if there were anything at all to the present allegations they'd be making waves well outwith Scotland.

:interehjrling:

This piece sums it up pretty well imo, namely:

It’s difficult not to conclude that the Scottish government would have sailed through the Salmond affair relatively unscathed, if it had not been for the emergence via the internet of a series of conspiracy theories of what is by now a highly recognisable type, asserting a vast and labyrinthine plot against the former First Minister involving huge swathes of the Scottish political and legal establishment.

These theories have spread like wildfire through small but vocal dissident sections of the independence movement, and have been eagerly taken up by Scotland’s opposition parties, and by a hostile UK government and media.

Spitonastranger
8 hours ago, jamborich said:

You obviously meant country but get your point Sturgeon is a scourge on this country vile woman 

:wtfvlad::conspiracy::blahblah: get majority again, then independance :kirk::Shoosh::glorious:

9 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

PS I don't live in Scotland so no news coverage down here. 

I live in England and it's been on every news programme I've watched, BBC, ITV and Channel 4 all this week.

9 hours ago, jamborich said:

Canny be arsed scrolling trying to find a thread about her probably one out there, this woman seriously does my box in how anybody can support her is beyond comprehension, now looking forward to the disciples having their say

You make a strong argument.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The vaccination debacle in EU has further put me off, with France and Germany acting particularly badly. 

It has put them in a good light. 

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

At any price or dependent on deal offered? 

I would hope the deal would be similar to the one we had but includes signing up to the Euro.

The Real Maroonblood
10 hours ago, jamborich said:

You obviously meant country but get your point Sturgeon is a scourge on this country vile woman 

:rofl:

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

Time for Unionists to let the SNP keep digging their own grave.

They can’t.  
So sure AS was a rapist and scandalously compared to Fred West, Peter Sutcliffe and Ian Brady in an article last year he’s now the man who’s after the devil in NS. It’s absolutely laughable stuff. 
The typical unionist media also utterly revelling in once again calling Scotland tinpot and a banana republic is the wrong way to deal with this.
I wonder if they’ll ever “get it” tbh. 

Edited by jack D and coke

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

Law experts tell Alex Salmond not to undermine the justice system

Sorry if this link was already posted but it's pretty important. People whose opinions of the goings on actually matter have condemned this talk of Salmond being censored and the like, saying nothing of the sort is going on.

Nothing's forcing anyone to listen to the politicians or the papers desperately trying to remain relevant and sell their rags. And the collective power is there for us to demand Scotland be shown in a better light.

Wonder what else is being not just blown out of proportion but made up from whole cloth.

Everybody's opinion matters here. It is an existential matter for Scotland. Unionists are telling us we can't govern ourselves as we are too stupid and too corrupt, if we don't get to the bottom of this then maybe the have a point. 

It is not Alex Salmond that is undermining the justice system it is the Lord Advocate and Crown office with their incompetent prosecution in the Rangers case and their malicious prosecutions of Indy supporters particularly Murray, Hirst and Singh. It is their incompetence that led to Salmond being brought to trial in the first place after the poiice informed them that they had insufficient evidence for a prosecution and it was they who also advanced the prosecution despite having been told by their own council that their (they are part of SG) procedures were biased and subsequently unstateable. Their incompetence has cost the taxpayer over £100 million already never mind the reputational damage to Scotland its institutions and legal system.

In bringing this to light the bloggers who everybody seems to hate (but read avidly) have done a massive public service. This has probably only come to light because of them otherwise we might never have known and the law could continue to be influenced to suit political ends. Cynics might wonder why the political opposition and state subsidised media such as the one you linked were unable to uncover any of this or report on it for so long.

The idea that Salmond has not been censored is ludicrous. The first thing he said on leaving court after aquittal was that there was much he wanted to say and evidence he wanted to present but was prevented from doing so. Evidence that he had which Murrel, Evans and others thought could be permanently suppressed, so much so that it empowered them to lie at the enquiry. When evidence appeared on blogs contradicting their versions of events these people were called back to the enquiry to restate their evidence. All of them claimed that they had forgotten about the existence of or contend within various texts and e-mails.

If Salmond is not being censored why is Craig Murray offering £25,000 for the transcript of Geoff Aberdien's testimony to the enquiry? It did happen (the testimony) but if it is not published it cannot be considered and so it never happened. This testimony surrounds the meeting Aberdien had with Sturgeon when she was informed of the allegations against Salmond. The meeting she has repeatedly denied took place but when pressed and presented with evidence that it had happened, she admitted it had but that like so many others she told us that she had forgotten about it.

Blowing things out of proportion is exactly what the SG did to Salmond, if and it is a very big if, he actually was involved in any sexually inapproprite behaviour against the alphabet women. To now accuse him of just that when he could easily have gone to prison on the back of their collaborations.

The solution is simple and that is to allow all evidence into the public domain and allow the public to judge for themselves. We do not need secrecy and censorship as it merely adds to the suspicion.

We should find out more detail very shortly.

Watching it Sky News at the moment and there’s a deliberate 30 second delay. Obviously in case he says something that breaches the restrictions imposed by the Crown Office. 
This is in its self censorship. Understandable but never the less censorship.

jack D and coke
59 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Everybody's opinion matters here. It is an existential matter for Scotland. Unionists are telling us we can't govern ourselves as we are too stupid and too corrupt, if we don't get to the bottom of this then maybe the have a point. 

It is not Alex Salmond that is undermining the justice system it is the Lord Advocate and Crown office with their incompetent prosecution in the Rangers case and their malicious prosecutions of Indy supporters particularly Murray, Hirst and Singh. It is their incompetence that led to Salmond being brought to trial in the first place after the poiice informed them that they had insufficient evidence for a prosecution and it was they who also advanced the prosecution despite having been told by their own council that their (they are part of SG) procedures were biased and subsequently unstateable. Their incompetence has cost the taxpayer over £100 million already never mind the reputational damage to Scotland its institutions and legal system.

In bringing this to light the bloggers who everybody seems to hate (but read avidly) have done a massive public service. This has probably only come to light because of them otherwise we might never have known and the law could continue to be influenced to suit political ends. Cynics might wonder why the political opposition and state subsidised media such as the one you linked were unable to uncover any of this or report on it for so long.

The idea that Salmond has not been censored is ludicrous. The first thing he said on leaving court after aquittal was that there was much he wanted to say and evidence he wanted to present but was prevented from doing so. Evidence that he had which Murrel, Evans and others thought could be permanently suppressed, so much so that it empowered them to lie at the enquiry. When evidence appeared on blogs contradicting their versions of events these people were called back to the enquiry to restate their evidence. All of them claimed that they had forgotten about the existence of or contend within various texts and e-mails.

If Salmond is not being censored why is Craig Murray offering £25,000 for the transcript of Geoff Aberdien's testimony to the enquiry? It did happen (the testimony) but if it is not published it cannot be considered and so it never happened. This testimony surrounds the meeting Aberdien had with Sturgeon when she was informed of the allegations against Salmond. The meeting she has repeatedly denied took place but when pressed and presented with evidence that it had happened, she admitted it had but that like so many others she told us that she had forgotten about it.

Blowing things out of proportion is exactly what the SG did to Salmond, if and it is a very big if, he actually was involved in any sexually inapproprite behaviour against the alphabet women. To now accuse him of just that when he could easily have gone to prison on the back of their collaborations.

The solution is simple and that is to allow all evidence into the public domain and allow the public to judge for themselves. We do not need secrecy and censorship as it merely adds to the suspicion.

We should find out more detail very shortly.

Interesting stuff. I’ll be honest I haven’t read too deeply into it it’s baffled me as to why this happened. 
The same as when AS was put on trial I hope the same for NS and PM that they get the book thrown at them if guilty. 

So , so far , my policy was better it was informal , no formal complaints made , they shouldnt have developed a new policy under me too. Should have adapted the old policy of informally dealing with things by such means as moving the staff being allegedly harassed to a new job/position/office. 

But the evidence says it wasn’t doing enough. Yea it was my policy was better.

Gotta love politics 😴

Cole- Hamilton getting his finger wrap. He straying wildly from the remit of the committee. He has form as he was already warned about his previous questions. 

Jeffros Furios
Just now, Boy Daniel said:

Cole- Hamilton getting his finger wrap. He straying wildly from the remit of the committee. He has form as he was already warned about his previous questions. 

Cole Hamilton is making a complete arse of himself .

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

He could have asked his question without being an idiot. 

Great viewing. 

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

It’s an insight into why we are where we are. 

Governor Tarkin
14 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Interesting stuff. I’ll be honest I haven’t read too deeply into it it’s baffled me as to why this happened. 
The same as when AS was put on trial I hope the same for NS and PM that they get the book thrown at them if guilty. 

When it's not spamming up independence threads, the Coconut Doug algorithm has been pretty good with it's analysis of this situation for quite some time.

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Trying to showboat and get a name for himself; being told off repeatedly for being an arse. 

Salmond dropping the "Cole-" when addressing him. 

'kin children!

11 minutes ago, Rab87 said:

“My enemy’s enemy is my friend” 

Society is inhumane 😐

8 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Ask the SNP. 

Lol , sorry I never replied yesterday , was an interesting reply and fair play to you , may not agree but appreciate your position , my neighbours sisters funeral was yesterday and my neighbour and I are close so I ended up busy with her. 

4 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Riveting stuff so far😀

Salmond not doing himself any favours just now either. Trying to keep focus on previous procedure. 

23 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

As long as this ends with Sturgeon and Murrell being told to feckin :bolt:

Alls Well that ends well. 

They are both ****ed regardless. Made an utter arse of the country. 

30 minutes ago, sadj said:

my neighbours sisters funeral was yesterday and my neighbour and I are close so I ended up busy with her. 

Very sorry to hear that. 

North Berwick Jambo

Glorious watching all the delusional unionists creaming themselves in the belief that somehow this case will be the end of Nicola & the SNP.  Dream on! After the like of Boris, Brexit & Covid it won’t even dent the independence vote by one percent  come May 😁 

It is an absolute joke Salmond was in effect gagged by the Scottish crown office. Sturgeon employing Trump like tactics to silence him.

Edited by JackLadd

2 minutes ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

Glorious watching all the delusional unionists creaming themselves in the belief that somehow this case will be the end of Nicola & the SNP.  Dream on! After the like of Boris, Brexit & Covid it won’t even dent the independence vote by one percent  come May 😁 

I see Humza Youseless is the betting favourite to takeover form shamed Sturgeon. Your wee bravehert must be full to bursting 

5 minutes ago, North Berwick Jambo said:

won’t even dent the independence vote by one percent  come May

Are we having an independence vote in May I thought it was only voting for MSPs in the Scottish Parliament?

Edited by Boy Daniel
We

The truth is the loony yooniez had this whole affair down as the end on the SNP, Nicola Sturgeon and the Independence movement. 

What a load of shite 😂

Watching AS this afternoon it’s clear that this will end up nowhere. 

Dry yer eyes ladies, mountain oot a mole hill springs to mind. 

He says she says pish!

3 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Are we having an independence vote in May I thought it was only voting for MSPs in the Scottish Parliament?

Mibbe going to sneak a wee geez ma independence noo line on. 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

The truth is the loony yooniez had this whole affair down as the end on the SNP, Nicola Sturgeon and the Independence movement. 

What a load of shite 😂

He says she says pish!

in denial Sturgeonista won't save the lying midden.

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

What a load of shite 😂

He says she says pish!

2240eb36e9ab6dfae58996d55d46521b--marvin-the-martian-bugs-bunny.jpg.74b033bc034405adeb267aedb27e12d1.jpg

North Berwick Jambo
7 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Mibbe going to sneak a wee geez ma independence noo line on. 

Inevitable. 

55 minutes ago, Boy Daniel said:

Very sorry to hear that. 

Thank you , Wasnt unexpected but still a shock for her and with lockdown shes had a lot to deal with so jkb took a back step when she needed a wee shoulder. 

Anyway back to boo Unionists , Yay NS , Booo SNP booo Bj yay the Union 😉

Whats your take on the panel so far , lot of chat no real answers , bit of politicising of it by other parties and even AS saying his lack of evidence to the panel must be frustrating and hes making some assumptions. The argument over previous or historic cases seems a strange thing to argue. To a cynic that sounds like i didnt behave right but you shouldn’t be able to do anything. 

11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

What a load of shite 😂

He says she says pish!

^^^^ as above....I said yesterday it shouldn’t have any effect on anything same as Pritti didn’t. (Not saying either is right or wrong or making an opinion on that aspect) 

Just now, North Berwick Jambo said:

Inevitable. 

Lol , no point engaging with him , Boy Daniel is worth debating with bar one slight comment yesterday he can put his side across and explain reasons unlike the poster you responded to who just uses pathetic terms for NS etc and trolls

What is it he thinks NS has done to him? At work, so haven't seen anything. 

Edited by ri Alban