The rise and fall of The SNP.

1 minute ago, Zlatanable said:

Do you really think Alex Salmond is the new hero of the 'unionists', 

Salmond used the correct term 'devolutionist' today to describe non nats. Unionist has connotations of loyalism and unsavoury discriminatory marches so is a slur in my book. I am a devolutionist. Thank you Eck.

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Felt like Salmond did a very good job at putting forward his case with the obvious impediments limiting what he could say. I've fairly convinced something extremely untoward has went on. I find Murrells texts to be extremely difficult to understand. Salmond is a giant within the SNP and wider yes movement. Him being outed as some sort of deviant is horrendous. So for the CEO of the SNP to be sending texts essentially saying that him to be fighting multiple fires to be a good thing seems extremely suspect. I can't think of any organisation that would view positively the destruction of a senior representatives reputation. Its odd and doesn't make sense, the actions of Ruddick and a few others seem to have been to try and drum up more complainers which seems even odder. 

The arguments he put forward about mediation and arbitration being the sensible way to have dealt with this seem to make a lot of sense too. Evans hadn't apparently even consulted the complainers about if they wanted that properly. Which seems extremely unprofessional considering the sensitive nature of the complaints. Then you have the Westminster assistant to the chief whip outright calling it a witchhunt. 

It reeks to high heaven and at the very least Evans should be sacked as her judgement was terrible and has cost the taxpayers hundreds of thousands and brought the civil service into disrepute, likewise the Lord Advocate and likewise Peter Murrell. 

2 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

I am happy about this whole story happening, because it it is actually asking real questions about Scottish politics/life/reality. 

If folk want Scotland to be Independent, that is fine with me. 

How those folk go about it though, matters. 

We all grew up in a UK situation. We had our freedoms. This situation, this Alex Salmond set of things,  is not in line with that. It is a muddy mess that is a reflection of Scotland, I think.

It's a muddy mess that is a reflection of politicians rather than Scotland.  

If it was a reflection on Scotland, what does that say about the periodic political scandals in Westminster?  

Says nothing about the countries just the politicians.  

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Felt like Salmond did a very good job at putting forward his case with the obvious impediments limiting what he could say. I've fairly convinced something extremely untoward has went on. I find Murrells texts to be extremely difficult to understand. Salmond is a giant within the SNP and wider yes movement. Him being outed as some sort of deviant is horrendous. So for the CEO of the SNP to be sending texts essentially saying that him to be fighting multiple fires to be a good thing seems extremely suspect. I can't think of any organisation that would view positively the destruction of a senior representatives reputation. Its odd and doesn't make sense, the actions of Ruddick and a few others seem to have been to try and drum up more complainers which seems even odder. 

The arguments he put forward about mediation and arbitration being the sensible way to have dealt with this seem to make a lot of sense too. Evans hadn't apparently even consulted the complainers about if they wanted that properly. Which seems extremely unprofessional considering the sensitive nature of the complaints. Then you have the Westminster assistant to the chief whip outright calling it a witchhunt. 

It reeks to high heaven and at the very least Evans should be sacked as her judgement was terrible and has cost the taxpayers hundreds of thousands and brought the civil service into disrepute, likewise the Lord Advocate and likewise Peter Murrell. 

I can't understand why they would go to those lengths to discredit him.  He can't be still seen as a political threat, so why all this to stop him? 

It's baffling.  

If I am expected to be 'Scottish' and get called a traitor for not voting for Scottish Independence, then I reckon I am entitled to question you, and that.

And this Alex Salmond stuff is a relevant body of meaning.

So quit talking sh!t at me, and quit talking nonsense in general.

This hideous mess is where we are. And it has no relation to England, the UK or the EU for that matter.

I agree that it is a hideous mess but it says more about political parties than any country. 

Why the aggression?  

3 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

If I am expected to be 'Scottish' and get called a traitor for not voting for Scottish Independence, then I reckon I am entitled to question you, and that.

And this Alex Salmond stuff is a relevant body of meaning.

So quit talking sh!t at me, and quit talking nonsense in general.

This hideous mess is where we are. And it has no relation to England, the UK or the EU for that matter.

I've just read this again.  You are a idiot.  Wtf are you on about regarding traitors and being allowed to question me?  

I never said anything about it.  

You alright? 

42 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I meant no aggression, I am tired of aggression and hate and aggro.

I just want to contribute to a shared conversation. 

37 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

I am alright, thank you for asking.

I am sorry to see our conversation went bad. 

Take care, 

I agree with you that Scottish politics looks pathetic with this enquiry.  I'm really pussed off because we were promised a new open democracy but we've still got the same party politics and the shite that goes with it. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Zlatanable said:

I wish I could just have a conversation about this, without the connected issues. 

I am fatigued about covid, but I am more fatigued about the issue of Scottish Independence. 

Yet this is happening now, not far before the Holyrood elections in May.

I said to you before, before you fell out with me and completely took it the wrong way the intention of my post....I know it bothers you amd fair enough but all I said was stop obsessing about it man👍🏼it wasn’t meant to be me having a pop at you. 
Life goes on regardless. Life will be fine. You’ll be fine. 
It’s like brexit...if it happens so be it.
Relax the world won’t end. 

Edited by jack D and coke

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Posts like yours always draw me in man. 
Impartial opinions are like hens teeth nowadays and your stuff feels pretty straight👍🏼

jack D and coke
Just now, Zlatanable said:

Mate, if you ever want to address how you pretended to be my friend, with private messages and so on, then publicly mocked me as a person out loud, you feel free. I thought you were my friend. 

I did not pretend to be your friend. I was the one who initially messaged you remember and I made one post that (imo) you took the wrong way completely. I have no problem with you at all man. 

jack D and coke

No. You definitely took aim at me in public. 

It's fine. Don't worry about it.

You took aim at me first and ok I reacted🤷🏽‍♂️ Listen I debate this with my family and my best pals at times and it gets heated. They don’t agree with me and I don’t agree with them. It’s cool though and we don’t fall out. Don’t take it to heart man. I have no problem with anyone who wants the Union. 
All I said to you was stop obsessing about it and imo you took that the wrong way. I didn’t mean it to sound mean or harsh. I’m usually drunk remember..🤪

jack D and coke

Well I don't agree with your telling of the story.

You private messaged me over time, and I thought we were friends, and then you took the p!ss out of me in a thread. That is how I see you.

Ok mate👍🏼

This whole thing that Alec was lucky in court is a fallacy.

he was judged by a jury of free people , the very foundation of justice and found not guilty.

sturgeon was wrong in what she said in that regard Nd it was reprehensible to say it.

4 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

he was judged by a jury of free people , the very foundation of justice and found not guilty.

sturgeon was wrong in what she said in that regard Nd it was reprehensible to say it.

Put it this way, the whole case was stacked against him. The media attention this recieved which the jury would have seen, the mostly female jury and the fact that he was a huge public figure would not have helped.

The fact the Jury seen through all this and managed to remain impartial is incredible really.

19 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Her comment the other day that just because he's not guilty doesn't mean it didn't happen was ridiculous.

She's normally a lot smarter than coming out with playground stuff like that

Edited by Candy

2 hours ago, Justin Z said:

tHe SnP aRe NeVeR tAkEn To TaSk By tHe MeDiA

image.png.dc8709f8843a754a9d03e97776c19bb8.png

Sarah Smith is a twisted, contorted Unionist and an embarrassment to her father's memory. 

John Smith would've been a great prime minister.

Weakened Offender
10 hours ago, Auldbenches said:

It's a muddy mess that is a reflection of politicians rather than Scotland.  

If it was a reflection on Scotland, what does that say about the periodic political scandals in Westminster?  

Says nothing about the countries just the politicians.  

You're not allowed to compare things in Scotland to things in England on here. The Nawbags hate that stuff. 

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Sarah Smith is a twisted, contorted Unionist and an embarrassment to her father's memory. 

John Smith would've been a great prime minister.

Her Dad would actually be quite pleased at her repeated, poisonous attempts to belittle the Scottish Government. 

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

You're not allowed to compare things in Scotland to things in England on here. The Nawbags hate that stuff. 

I know, two politicians fall out and Scotland is now a banana republic. 

1 minute ago, Auldbenches said:

:lol: Brilliant framing of the mentalists’ lunatic ravings.

Weakened Offender
12 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

It's incredible what these people will completely ignore and hyper-exaggerate at the same time. They are not normal. 

14 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

It's incredible what these people will completely ignore and hyper-exaggerate at the same time. They are not normal. 

It's football scarf politics to these types and nothing to do with actual politics.  

Rodger Mellie
24 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

I think the banana republic remark  was made by Andrew Neil regarding the Crown Office allegedly suppressing evidence? Hopefully this evidence will be available for use in the upcoming meetings. 

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

It's football scarf politics to these types and nothing to do with actual politics.  

That's a very good description of their idiotic behaviour. 

Weakened Offender
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

You numps are in full whitewash mode because you all know if she goes the naws have it.  

You don't half slaver some pish, laddie. 

9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

You numps are in full whitewash mode because you all know if she goes the naws have it.  

That would only make sense if independence were actually a cult. Good thing JackLadd's slaverings have nothing to do with the reality of the situation. :smuggy:

1 minute ago, weehammy said:

The language some of you clowns use to describe anyone not signed up to your cult!

Oh look, right on cue. Weehammy's slaverings don't mean a jot either :smile:

8 minutes ago, Rodger Mellie said:

I think the banana republic remark  was made by Andrew Neil regarding the Crown Office allegedly suppressing evidence? Hopefully this evidence will be available for use in the upcoming meetings. 

It is a PR disaster for the snp but it doesn't reflect on how a country is.  

I thought Salmond would've revealed more yesterday but might still have stuff to produce.  

Really dissapointed with this situation as it looks like Westminster in different colours.  Tragic 

Just now, Justin Z said:

That would only make sense if independence were actually a cult. Good thing JackLadd's slaverings have nothing to do with the reality of the situation. :smuggy:

I can't wait for the tears and snotters when she's forced to go. Then we'll see who the slaver is.

Just now, JackLadd said:

I can't wait for the tears and snotters when she's forced to go. Then we'll see who the slaver is.

:lol: Can't wait for indy.

It will be interesting to see how this unseemly bun fight is viewed by floating voters. Obviously diehard nats will rail against "yoons and nawbags" but this whole fiasco is purely a result of internal SNP back-stabbing and infighting, and was completely avoidable - if it wasn't for Sturgeon's nasty streak and her incessant need to be she who must be obeyed.

In footballing terms it's a bit like Lawwell's celtic : the biggest part of their downfall is entirely self-inflicted through arrogance, self-obsession and good old-fashioned hubris.

I'm not a fan but Alex Salmond gave a good account of himself yesterday IMO, despite the SNP participants within the committee attempts to fillibuster with a load of fluff.

It's not something I would usually have watched but stumbled on it by chance and it was quite fascinating in it's own way.

Now I'm looking forward to 2 things :

1. Watching the SNP participants bowing and scraping and working to Nicola's orders.

2. Sturgeon's reaction to the clinical dissection of Bailey and Fraser.

Suddenly politics got interesting.

Rodger Mellie
1 minute ago, weehammy said:

The language some of you clowns use to describe anyone not signed up to your cult!

:jj_facepalm:

Although I’m not a fan of Sturgeon I would never call her ‘twisted, contorted (or poisonous)’.

Some of the language used is absolutely pathetic. wee krankie and yoons etc. I’d be embarrassed to come out with that if I was 12. 

Watching this now on youtube and I must admit I forgot how good Salmond is. SNP and Politics in general is a poorer place without him

17 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

You'll be humpy-backit if it ever happens.  😅

I'm 6'6", so this is likely to happen sooner rather than later EGDmCdR.gif

26 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

It is a PR disaster for the snp but it doesn't reflect on how a country is.  

I thought Salmond would've revealed more yesterday but might still have stuff to produce.  

Really dissapointed with this situation as it looks like Westminster in different colours.  Tragic 

Salmond allegedly has very much more to offer but Sturgeon has silenced him with the aid of the Crown Office, which itself  should speak volumes to those of an open minded disposition. 

1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

I'm 6'6", so this is likely to happen sooner rather than later EGDmCdR.gif

You and Kevin James will be doing the tango in the Lauder Lodge then. The care homes won't be free for long efter mind. 😆

12 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Salmond allegedly has very much more to offer but Sturgeon has silenced him with the aid of the Crown Office, which itself  should speak volumes to those of an open minded disposition. 

Amazing she can claim no evidence when she's abused her power to gag him. It's banana republic level crazy town.

Edited by JackLadd

Just now, JackLadd said:

Amazing she can claim no evidence when she's abused her power to gag him. It's a banana republic level crazy town.

It's a banana republic right now, but becoming more and more like North Korea or 1930s Germany.

Weird though how a metric **** ton of legal experts felt strongly enough that nothing like any of that was happening, that they felt compelled to write an open letter condemning the peddling of such conspiracy theories and coming to the defence of the Crown Office.

YoonAnon :lol:

4 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

It's a banana republic right now, but becoming more and more like North Korea or 1930s Germany.

Saddam Hussein's Iraq also springs to mind. A wee semi barbarous fiefdom version.

8 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

:rofl:

They have actually brought north Korea into it.  I know it's 'probably' jokingly but not too sure... 

Glad we've got those nice clean Tories to gauge our standards against, we can't do wrong then. 

Edited by Auldbenches