The rise and fall of The SNP.

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Who cares? Unionists that's who.

The second part I agree with but as much as the unionists want her to go (which they see as a knife into the Indy side), it wont happen. Not yet.

Don't kid yourself on that anyone in control in Scotland currently will care about this anymore than anyone else in the UK gives a shit about the missing PPE £Billions handed out to family members.

They just don't!

Right or wrong, its true.

Spot on. Its only Nawbags that care. Bless them. 

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

jambos are go!

The fact of the matter is that we have had two SNP First Ministers one or both of whom have a strained relationship with the truth. And that is using parliamentary language.I

The truth must come out!

Seymour M Hersh
On 23/02/2021 at 22:57, Boy Daniel said:

The million (add relevant currance here) question. How many credible politicians are there around? 

That's inflation for you!  Back in the day such a question only cost $64,000! :lol:

8 hours ago, Boy Daniel said:

Andrew Neil giving his take on the matter. Also a chance to see the damming redacted paragraphs.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-9297015/ANDREW-NEIL-Nicola-Sturgeons-storm-troops-turned-Scotland-banana-republic.html

As someone who didn’t really have a clue what all this is about till I read the above can I ask why sturgeon has went to all the bother of trying to do the things she has to salmond in the first place? 

jack D and coke
20 minutes ago, theshed said:

As someone who didn’t really have a clue what all this is about till I read the above can I ask why sturgeon has went to all the bother of trying to do the things she has to salmond in the first place? 

It’s pretty difficult to see just what has happened here imo I doubt anyone could properly explain. Certainly looking from the outside it’s baffling stuff. 

Weakened Offender
18 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Who cares? Unionists that's who.

The second part I agree with but as much as the unionists want her to go (which they see as a knife into the Indy side), it wont happen. Not yet.

Don't kid yourself on that anyone in control in Scotland currently will care about this anymore than anyone else in the UK gives a shit about the missing PPE £Billions handed out to family members.

They just don't!

Right or wrong, its true.

Spot on. 

I don't anyone who's talking about this other than on here and on Facebook and they're all sad act Nawbags. Mugs. 😉

1 hour ago, theshed said:

If Salmond had 'behaved honourably' this situation would never have arisen. 

Just now, luckydug said:

If Salmond had 'behaved honourably' this situation would never have arisen. 

In what way has he been dishonourable?

jack D and coke
11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Whether Sturgeon rides this out or not it's a taste of what a mad house an iScotland would be. 

I agree we just couldn’t do it. We’re incapable as a people, as a nation were ****ing useless, we have nothing up here either only some pishy resources that another government should take full control of. We’re nothing but a huge drain on the U.K. as a whole and look how mental our politicians are?! Corrupt. We’re lucky they want to look after us😅😅 Close it down and give all decisions to WM! We should never have been given the right to make ANY decisions by ourselves anyway as we’re clearly not up to to it. Much better having posh Eton twats doing it for us ffs!! We can’t have a Parliament with PR becoming a one party state! 

manaliveits105

The First Minister of Scotland and leader of the snp after meeting with AS the former FM and leader of the snp regarding the allegations did not mention it to her husband the chief executive of the snp when he came in for his tea

The junior prosecutors at the crown office took their decision to block parts of AS statement to the enquiry without mentioning it to their boss the Lord Advocate who sits on the Scottish Government and no one contacted them from the SG before they made that decision 

All seems plausible - doesnt it ???

Edited by manaliveits105

1 hour ago, coconut doug said:

In what way has he been dishonourable?

He admitted himself that he had indulged in behaviour that could be viewed as inappropriate. 

He behaves himself and none of this happens. 

14 minutes ago, luckydug said:

He admitted himself that he had indulged in behaviour that could be viewed as inappropriate. 

He behaves himself and none of this happens. 

Aii, like he is the only one to have done something stupid or inappropriate in the political world. I would suggest his behaviour pales in comparison to some of the politicians in bygone eras. He was accused of rape at Bute house when he wasn't even there that day. That is the extent of the lies that have been levelled at him. For anything inappropriate he has done he has paid dearly with his reputation and political career. Don't think the punishment fits the crimes for a man who so far been found guilty of nothing so far.

People accused of these crimes "especially high profile" should not be named in public.

27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe they should act with integrity and release the relevant documents instead of attempting to protect their pals at the top of the Scottish political tree. 

7 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Aii, like he is the only one to have done something stupid or inappropriate in the political world. I would suggest his behaviour pales in comparison to some of the politicians in bygone eras. He was accused of rape at Bute house when he wasn't even there that day. That is the extent of the lies that have been levelled at him. For anything inappropriate he has done he has paid dearly with his reputation and political career. Don't think the punishment fits the crimes for a man who so far been found guilty of nothing so far.

People accused of these crimes "especially high profile" should not be named in public.

any people unless there is an imminent threat to others. 

The whole thing though I think WO said earlier is scandalous but not something that really changes anything. Its normal politics unfortunately. Pritti Patel bullying claims/report came out , blah blah blah , forgotten about , will it change Tory views on voting Tory , No. no different with this imo.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

The whole thing though I think WO said earlier is scandalous but not something that really changes anything. Its normal politics unfortunately. Pritti Patel bullying claims/report came out , blah blah blah , forgotten about , will it change Tory views on voting Tory , No. no different with this imo.

It could help the SNP and the Independence movement to get new leadership.

Many thought losing Salmond would be important. 

2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I agree we just couldn’t do it. We’re incapable as a people, as a nation were ****ing useless, we have nothing up here either only some pishy resources that another government should take full control of. We’re nothing but a huge drain on the U.K. as a whole and look how mental our politicians are?! Corrupt. We’re lucky they want to look after us😅😅 Close it down and give all decisions to WM! We should never have been given the right to make ANY decisions by ourselves anyway as we’re clearly not up to to it. Much better having posh Eton twats doing it for us ffs!! We can’t have a Parliament with PR becoming a one party state! 

So many kernels of truth in that paragraph dressed up as sarcasm. Lol.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

It could help the SNP and the Independence movement to get new leadership.

Many thought losing Salmond would be important. 

I think most people who want independence aren’t interested in who is leader of the SNP.

Having met Salmond many times through my dad I’m not a big fan , not a particular NS fan either. 

The SNP are a political party who want independence as a fundamental basis of the party therefore if they got it wouldn’t be the party they are. They would lose a lot of members back to Liberal and Tory in the countryside and Labour in the inner cities. 

4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Explain why? Be interested to here your opinion on why we can’t be a successful independent nation and why we should remain part of the UK. 

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

In terms of the independence movement I can't that being derailed as that, as it should be, is separate no matter what party is campaigning for it. The SNP are a vehicle to independence but have unfortunately become to heavily reliant on party politics and obsessed with winning elections. They are to comfortable now and Scotland needs another independence driven party to challenge them.

Just now, Justin Z said:

Man, Scottish cringe is a damn strange thing. I don't think I'll ever “get” it.

Scottish Cringe , to self loathe and feel inferior to oppressive English overlords and their culture... self explanatory - They want to be English 😉

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

In terms of the independence movement I can't that being derailed as that, as it should be, is separate no matter what party is campaigning for it. The SNP are a vehicle to independence but have unfortunately become to heavily reliant on party politics and obsessed with winning elections. They are to comfortable now and Scotland needs another independence driven party to challenge them.

Thats an interesting post , one I agree with most of it on. Not sure about another independence driven party as I think that would split the vote and push indy further in to the future. 

Devolved Government whilst a good thing in theory is a major driver of the party politics. There is no doubt to me that it knocked the indy movement for a while due to having to establish proper policies then a proper governance. The internal politics can cause those in power to lose sight of the whole SNP ideal. Thats where it becomes a problem and what you suggest may be needed. 

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Will Sturgeon and Salmond not be going out for a meal, once restrictions are lifted?

I heard they were having a secret affair and it went wrong hence the party politics now going on. I also heard they asked you to join in and as you refused they unleashed Covid on the world to punish us all 

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Explain why? Be interested to here your opinion on why we can’t be a successful independent nation and why we should remain part of the UK. 

Writer Robert Louis Srevenson's father Thomas Stevenson was an engineer who had a saying: a man cannot dine on an empty purse. That's what the snp are selling you. You can vote for these balloons but the bills will still need to be paid and Scots mist is not a viable method of payment, although no doubt Sturgeon could convince her cult of anything.

Edited by JackLadd

Just now, JackLadd said:

Writer Robert Louis Srevenson's father Thomas Stevenson was an engineer who had a saying: a man cannot dine on an empty purse. That's what the snp are selling you. You can vote for these balloons but the bills will still need to be paid and Scots mist is not viable method of payment, although no doubt Sturgeon could convince her cult of anything.

Ok that didn’t answer anything other than you think as a country we have zero marketable commodities , no natural resources , no ability to finance a burger at the chippy let alone a country. So what you are saying (im guessing you are a unionist which also usually translates to using nanny state) is as a people we should get out and work and not be able to sit at home claiming benefits , however as a country we should claim benefits and drain the UK purse as we don’t have anything to offer.

So I assume the Tory party wanting us to stay in the UK is because they feel sorry for us and feel it is better for us for them to throw money at us to keep us afloat? sort of like a bank giving us a personal loan then continuing to lend us more without getting anything back? 

The fact you use pathetic words like cult and balloons just negates any credibility you had to say you could properly debate this subject. 

jack D and coke
24 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

It should be taken as sarcasm by everyone but it’s everything plenty of people truly believe I’d imagine. 
You seem to be one of them. 

Just now, sadj said:

Ok that didn’t answer anything other than you think as a country we have zero marketable commodities , no natural resources , no ability to finance a burger at the chippy let alone a country. So what you are saying (im guessing you are a unionist which also usually translates to using nanny state) is as a people we should get out and work and not be able to sit at home claiming benefits , however as a country we should claim benefits and drain the UK purse as we don’t have anything to offer.

So I assume the Tory party wanting us to stay in the UK is because they feel sorry for us and feel it is better for us for them to throw money at us to keep us afloat? sort of like a bank giving us a personal loan then continuing to lend us more without getting anything back? 

The fact you use pathetic words like cult and balloons just negates any credibility you had to say you could properly debate this subject. 

I don't care what offends your pathetic sensibilities. A cult of ideological balloons and liars is what they are. 

12 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Writer Robert Louis Srevenson's father Thomas Stevenson was an engineer who had a saying: a man cannot dine on an empty purse. That's what the snp are selling you. You can vote for these balloons but the bills will still need to be paid and Scots mist is not a viable method of payment, although no doubt Sturgeon could convince her cult of anything.

What a load of pish. Scotland just cant afford to pay for itself without England. Is that your whole point?

CE29FAA8-4926-4D35-8D33-7E58A6DFAAC5.jpeg

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

It should be taken as sarcasm by everyone but it’s everything plenty of people truly believe I’d imagine. 
You seem to be one of them. 

I go on facts and data only. The snp are a vacuum on both.

Just now, JackLadd said:

I don't care what offends your pathetic sensibilities. A cult of ideological balloons and liars is what they are. 

Amazing 🤣🤣🤣 The response of a person incapable of debate and a post dripping in irony 👍🏻 Congratulations on post of the year in February. 

Just now, JackLadd said:

I go on facts and data only. The snp are a vacuum on both.

We are all awaiting your facts and data 🙈

You had the chance to voice them and debate and resorted to your post above as a reply.

Just now, JackLadd said:

That's your opinion. A liar can be proven by facts which the snp have none of.

Still waiting 🤣 

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Unionists are just stupid arseholes....there, I can play that game too.

Amazing huh!!! 🙈🤣🤣

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

That's your opinion. A liar can be proven by facts which the snp have none of.

No liars or no facts?

If no facts, what facts are you looking for?

2 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Why do you think Scotland couldn't be a separate country ? 

Just now, Justin Z said:

Lowering yourself to his subterranean level is easy, but most definitely not worth it.

True, but it wont be long until the schools are back anyway.

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I'd love to hear his response to this question considering he has all the facts. 

The way I see it there are dozens of small Independent countries in Europe. 

As far as I know none of them are poverty stricken and quite happily go about their business. 

Why should Scotland be any

different ? 

Just now, luckydug said:

As far as I know none of them are poverty stricken and quite happily go about their business. 

different ?

Because reasons.

Just now, luckydug said:

different ? 

If Scotland had control of all its own affairs it would be turnover as much as Denmark, Finland and Ireland. Without a doubt. 

Governor Tarkin
1 minute ago, luckydug said:

different ? 

It shouldn't.

12 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's not a case of couldn't but shouldnt, unless self inflicted poverty and chaos are desirable outcomes. It would also tear Scotland apart.

Governor Tarkin
4 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

It's not a case of couldn't but shouldnt, unless self inflicted poverty and chaos are desirable outcomes. It would also tear Scotland apart.

It would be a painful divorce, both externally and internally.

Whether it would ultimately be 'worth it' is entirely subjective.