The rise and fall of The SNP.

Space Mackerel

I can’t help but think we are going to have multiple similar Trapper John’s go AWOL on this thread after NS gives here evidence. 😊

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

2 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

Yes, I'm baffled by this too.   He's s taking a risk (in terms of losing some of the Yes support the polls are showing) just to pursue some vendetta against Sturgeon and the Civil Servant lassie.  Presumably his enormous ego is driving this.   Maybe  even to the point where his arrogance dictates that he'd prefer to see a Sturgeon-led  Indyref2 campaign fail  ?   Bit of a stretch to believe that, but something very strange is going on behind the scenes.   

Maybe if you believed you'd been stitched up and conspired against, accused of gross offences you didn't commit and then found not guilty of said offences in a court of law, you might just have a bit of a vendetta (as you put it), and be single minded in the pursuit of bringing the back stabbers to justice...at any cost.

Space Mackerel
15 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Maybe if you believed you'd been stitched up and conspired against, accused of gross offences you didn't commit and then found not guilty of said offences in a court of law, you might just have a bit of a vendetta (as you put it), and be single minded in the pursuit of bringing the back stabbers to justice...at any cost.

Did you give Wings a fiver? 😁

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Did you give Wings a fiver? 😁

I'm not as fanatical as the zealots you rub shoulders at flag waving rally's with.

Anyway, as far as I was aware, Wings over Scotland (assume that's who you're referring to) is a rabied nationalist that would give his spleen and probably vital organs as well, in his pursuit of independence. If I was dishing out fivers for a political cause, it certainly wouldn't be to that type.

No, FoH and more recently Robbo is where my financial goodwill is directed.

13 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It looks like to me like Sturgeon and her cohorts in the civil service created a series of false allegations against Salmond, which he was found not guilty of because it never happened. It was an attempt to try and destroy his reputation, bring his supporters in the party to heel and stop any political comeback or, suppress any leverage he may have had. Looks like her and Murrell will end up with egg on their face. 

Sure they did. They even stripped him Bollox naked for good measure. What a team. 

4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Sure they did. They even stripped him Bollox naked for good measure. What a team. 

Don't tell me you're in the Sturgeon camp on this :vrface:

manaliveits105

BBC radio report a snp staff member has now accused AS of physical aggression towards her but another snp staff member from Westminster (Ms Harvey) has said she was present and it didnt happen - the accuser says she wasnt present ?

deary deary me .

20 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

BBC radio report a snp staff member has now accused AS of physical aggression towards her but another snp staff member from Westminster (Ms Harvey) has said she was present and it didnt happen - the accuser says she wasnt present ?

deary deary me .

Unfortunately Mr Salmond gained a rather unsavoury reputation among female staff who had to work for him. 

Whether people colluded to get him charged I have no idea but the above is a reported view from the trial. 

There was also the rather disturbing relevation from his council inadvertently released on a video as to Mr Salmonds character. 

I can't see any conspiracy well organised enough to take the matter to court.

He got found not guilty of the charges against him but I don't see any conspiracy and no one has been charged with perjury. 

If there is a group of SNP members wanting rid of NS then they are off their head as she is their biggest asset. 

This all reminds me of the Labour Party back in the seventies and they ended up out of power for eighteen years. 

There are other independence parties people can vote for if Salmond is allowed back in. 

This could be a boost for the Greens and SSP. 

18 hours ago, Cruyff said:

It looks like to me like Sturgeon and her cohorts in the civil service created a series of false allegations against Salmond, which he was found not guilty of because it never happened. It was an attempt to try and destroy his reputation, bring his supporters in the party to heel and stop any political comeback or, suppress any leverage he may have had. Looks like her and Murrell will end up with egg on their face. 

This is the conclusion I've came to on it. The murmuring about things like what Ms Harvey came out with yesterday suggests this was a fit up that seemed to get badly out of control (i.e intention was to ruin his reputation and ensure there could be no Salmond return ala Swinney 2000-2004). The other thing is, the behaviour of Sturgeons colleagues during this inquiry has been extremely poor, if they had nothing to fear, they wouldn't be so obtuse. Much of Murrell and others evidence hasn't lined up, Mackinnon refused to appear before the committee and would only submit to an audio interview, of which there was clearly a solicitor guiding her through. Apparently they've spent significant money on witness prep i.e coaching. Think the SNP politicians on the committee have been accused of softballs and I think Fabiani (chair) has shut down a few lines of inquiry by other members with it not being in the 'remit'. It absolutely stinks.

I'm not saying Salmond didn't engage in indecent conduct which falls short of the office of First Minister, he already admitted as much. But, there is a line between that and criminal conduct - was one charge not putting his hand on someones knee (think the driver said this didn't happen) and another was disproven by witness testimony? (i.e the accuser was not there) If it smells like rat, its usually a rat. 

As an SNP and Yes voter, I'm really frustrated by it all. The GRA/hate crime bill stuff coupled with the above is exacerbating the internal division and when you've got guys like Wishart telling people that 'only we can beat ourselves' is somewhat ironic considering this whole mess seems to be entirely of the SNP hierarchy's making, not the grass roots activists who are hugely passionate about it. I'll be seriously impressed if we manage to get through to another Independence Referendum without the party imploding. The unionist opposition in Scotland is pathetic, Davidson was maybe the only one able to consistently hold the SNP to account in Holyrood, but with her running away to the Lords, they've arguably got the weakest opposition in living memory and are likely to **** it because of internal politicking. 

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

This is the conclusion I've came to on it. The murmuring about things like what Ms Harvey came out with yesterday suggests this was a fit up that seemed to get badly out of control (i.e intention was to ruin his reputation and ensure there could be no Salmond return ala Swinney 2000-2004). The other thing is, the behaviour of Sturgeons colleagues during this inquiry has been extremely poor, if they had nothing to fear, they wouldn't be so obtuse. Much of Murrell and others evidence hasn't lined up, Mackinnon refused to appear before the committee and would only submit to an audio interview, of which there was clearly a solicitor guiding her through. Apparently they've spent significant money on witness prep i.e coaching. Think the SNP politicians on the committee have been accused of softballs and I think Fabiani (chair) has shut down a few lines of inquiry by other members with it not being in the 'remit'. It absolutely stinks.

I'm not saying Salmond didn't engage in indecent conduct which falls short of the office of First Minister, he already admitted as much. But, there is a line between that and criminal conduct - was one charge not putting his hand on someones knee (think the driver said this didn't happen) and another was disproven by witness testimony? (i.e the accuser was not there) If it smells like rat, its usually a rat. 

As an SNP and Yes voter, I'm really frustrated by it all. The GRA/hate crime bill stuff coupled with the above is exacerbating the internal division and when you've got guys like Wishart telling people that 'only we can beat ourselves' is somewhat ironic considering this whole mess seems to be entirely of the SNP hierarchy's making, not the grass roots activists who are hugely passionate about it. I'll be seriously impressed if we manage to get through to another Independence Referendum without the party imploding. The unionist opposition in Scotland is pathetic, Davidson was maybe the only one able to consistently hold the SNP to account in Holyrood, but with her running away to the Lords, they've arguably got the weakest opposition in living memory and are likely to **** it because of internal politicking. 

Why has nobody been charged with perjury then ? 

jack D and coke
8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Unfortunately Mr Salmond gained a rather unsavoury reputation among female staff who had to work for him. 

Whether people colluded to get him charged I have no idea but the above is a reported view from the trial. 

There was also the rather disturbing relevation from his council inadvertently released on a video as to Mr Salmonds character. 

I can't see any conspiracy well organised enough to take the matter to court.

He got found not guilty of the charges against him but I don't see any conspiracy and no one has been charged with perjury. 

If there is a group of SNP members wanting rid of NS then they are off their head as she is their biggest asset. 

This all reminds me of the Labour Party back in the seventies and they ended up out of power for eighteen years. 

There are other independence parties people can vote for if Salmond is allowed back in. 

This could be a boost for the Greens and SSP. 

No great numbers will vote for them. SNP look to be on a course of implosion it has to be said though. It happens to them all I guess after long periods of control. 
Im baffled by it all I have to say and nigh impossible to make a judgement on these things as people are so partisan now and you can’t get a balanced opinion it seems about anything anymore.
Its just black or white. 

Byyy The Light
10 hours ago, JyTees said:

I’m not on either side in this debacle but from what I read about what Salmond did, it was very creepy at best.  The stuff that he admitted to as part of his defence.

Just because he was found not guilty (by majority) doesn’t mean his behaviour wasn’t sleazy and out of order.  It certainly wasn’t up to the standards expected of the first minister.  

Complicated cases these as there are plenty creepy guys out there who push the limits of sleaze without going over in to criminality.

That being said, if this is all complete fabrication then accusations of this kind are unforgiveable. They not only lead to reputations being ruined but can have worse consequences. 

42 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not yet they haven't but there were calls for Murrell to be charged for this after his performance at the enquiry yesterday where he was accused of lying under oath and demonstrably did so.

The Lord Advocate and procurators office will be reluctant to progress this though as they are implicated in the conspiracy. The Lord Advocate refusing to answer certain questions after being called to give evidence to the enquiry is nothing more than an attempt to hide his own culpability IMO. He gets to decide who is prosecuted and is realistically answerable to nobody. His political accountability lies with Youssef and Sturgeon and so in this instance at least there is none.

The alphabet women were promised anonymity in return for testifying against Salmond as well as being pressured into making statements. They will not be charged with perjury for this reason alone. The conspiracy against Salmond is known because of texts and other social media contacts which have been leaked and published in blogs and show that pressure was applied to these women. This is the essence of Murrell's duplicitousness but Salmond is not allowed to use this evidence and so he cannot tell the whole truth under oath as is required of him. That is why he wont appear.

You also said 

"Unfortunately Mr Salmond gained a rather unsavoury reputation among female staff who had to work for him. 

Whether people colluded to get him charged I have no idea but the above is a reported view from the trial."

This is the problem he still faces. a no smoke without fire mentality that thinks he got off rather than getting justice from a majority female jury on a whole series of sexual charges. The claims were easily and comprehensively refuted by Salmond's team as ott pointed out and if somebody said he had an "unsavoury reputation" then they would wouldn't they if they are part of a conspiracy to damage him? I remember a woman who worked closely with him for many years giving evidence that Salmond's behaviour was never inappropriate.  

All the players in this are desperately trying to cover each others arses. Salmond still has to speak though. Your notion that you can't see a conspiracy is simply because they will not allow the evidence to be considered at the hearing. Do you remember Nicola telling us that all the documentation and evidence requested by the enquiry would be made available? Initially they pretended it didn't exist and then said it wasnt relevant. The subsequent leaks showed it was absolutely as described by Salmond's supporters and a smoking gun in terms of a conspiracy against him.

3 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

Not yet they haven't but there were calls for Murrell to be charged for this after his performance at the enquiry yesterday where he was accused of lying under oath and demonstrably did so.

The Lord Advocate and procurators office will be reluctant to progress this though as they are implicated in the conspiracy. The Lord Advocate refusing to answer certain questions after being called to give evidence to the enquiry is nothing more than an attempt to hide his own culpability IMO. He gets to decide who is prosecuted and is realistically answerable to nobody. His political accountability lies with Youssef and Sturgeon and so in this instance at least there is none.

The alphabet women were promised anonymity in return for testifying against Salmond as well as being pressured into making statements. They will not be charged with perjury for this reason alone. The conspiracy against Salmond is known because of texts and other social media contacts which have been leaked and published in blogs and show that pressure was applied to these women. This is the essence of Murrell's duplicitousness but Salmond is not allowed to use this evidence and so he cannot tell the whole truth under oath as is required of him. That is why he wont appear.

You also said 

"Unfortunately Mr Salmond gained a rather unsavoury reputation among female staff who had to work for him. 

Whether people colluded to get him charged I have no idea but the above is a reported view from the trial."

This is the problem he still faces. a no smoke without fire mentality that thinks he got off rather than getting justice from a majority female jury on a whole series of sexual charges. The claims were easily and comprehensively refuted by Salmond's team as ott pointed out and if somebody said he had an "unsavoury reputation" then they would wouldn't they if they are part of a conspiracy to damage him? I remember a woman who worked closely with him for many years giving evidence that Salmond's behaviour was never inappropriate.  

All the players in this are desperately trying to cover each others arses. Salmond still has to speak though. Your notion that you can't see a conspiracy is simply because they will not allow the evidence to be considered at the hearing. Do you remember Nicola telling us that all the documentation and evidence requested by the enquiry would be made available? Initially they pretended it didn't exist and then said it wasnt relevant. The subsequent leaks showed it was absolutely as described by Salmond's supporters and a smoking gun in terms of a conspiracy against him.

Did he not admit at the trial that some of his behaviour was inappropriate ? 

His own council said as much in the leaked video. 

I've not got enough knowledge to form an opinion on the enquiry but  even the stuff he admitted to would be enough to get him sacked from a normal job. 

If he gets back in the party many people will not vote for them again imo. 

11 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

You also said 

Don't talk fecking shite. 

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Don't talk fecking shite. 

Wouldn't put it as strong as that 😁

Let's face it if Salmond had not behaved like the office pest then none of this drama would have happened. 

CD has obviously been following the events and has his view. 

5 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Let's face it if Salmond had not behaved like the office pest then none of this drama would have happened. 

Cherry needs removed from the SNP. I've never liked her and she's nothing but trouble.  The Unionists could put a better agent in the party if they tried. Get her out and she can take Kenny the terrorist lover and Alex "I'm in a huff because Nicola would make these problems go away" Salmond with her. 

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

Is that a young Tyra Banks at the start of that? 
(Dont have the pinilIa smiley) 😍

Yes it is.

OIP.BbUvuQr-qEUTzJUY44D1aAAAAA?w=119&h=1

manaliveits105

Putin would be chuffed having such influence over the law 

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Does seem to be the crux of it.

3 hours ago, luckydug said:

Likely so as not to dissuade victims of abuse/violence speaking up. The whole situation is still unbelievably muddy too, so I don't think we're quite at that point yet anyway. 

My view remains that the whole situation utterly reeks and the SNP/Scottish government & CPS are being extremely evasive and cagey when answering questions on this. Murrell for example has had to 'correct' his statements. If you're telling the truth and nothing but the truth you shouldn't need to correct fact. It doesn't give off the impression of being on the right side of this. 

I hope that it turns out everything has been above board, but I have my reservations about that based on the conduct of the parties involved. 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Did he not admit at the trial that some of his behaviour was inappropriate ? 

His own council said as much in the leaked video. 

I've not got enough knowledge to form an opinion on the enquiry but  even the stuff he admitted to would be enough to get him sacked from a normal job. 

If he gets back in the party many people will not vote for them again imo. 

I dont think he did but if you know different then i'd like to see it. What i remember him saying is that he was "no angel" that's not the same thing and in any case Salmond was not found guilty of anything.

What his own council said of him was inappropriate. and of course he refuted the claims instantly saying that he did not regard AS as a "sex pest". 

What has Alex Salmond admitted to? Here he says he has never sexually harrassed anyone https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/scottish-politics/1548408/alex-salmond-admits-he-is-no-saint-but-strongly-denies-sexual-harassment-claims/ but you might know different.

Why would he not get back in the party? he has done nothing wrong. What is it you think will prevent people voting SNP if Salmond is a member?

Malinga the Swinga

Previously I had thought some of the more rabid posters were SNP supporters who wanted independence. 

It now appears they are simply NS fanboys who will excuse her lies and behaviour, regardless of how extreme it is. 

2 hours ago, coconut doug said:

You also said 

Agree 100% great post..

11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Previously I had thought some of the more rabid posters were SNP supporters who wanted independence. 

It now appears they are simply NS fanboys who will excuse her lies and behaviour, regardless of how extreme it is. 

What's the point in Indy if you can't make your country more responsive to the needs and wishes of those who live here and make it different to the corrupt and incompetent UK state?

21 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

:bolt:

Malinga the Swinga
13 minutes ago, coconut doug said:

What's the point in Indy if you can't make your country more responsive to the needs and wishes of those who live here and make it different to the corrupt and incompetent UK state?

Admirable desires but you don't need me to agree or be persuaded. They threw mud at Salmond and for posters like luckydug or aussieh, that is enough to convict, regardless of acquittal. 

14 hours ago, JyTees said:

If I felt I'd been stitched up by "colleagues" and taken to court on 13 charges of sexual assault/rape - and then defended myself in court  by claiming that at least 1 of them  was consensual sex after a night's drinking in Bute House - I'd be keeping my head well down down.  After my wife had battered the daylights out me first.   :wacko:

Perhaps his victory in the earlier case against the SG's non-adherence to the proper investigation process  is what's driving him now.   The whole saga seems to be turning ugly now, sadly for all concerned.      

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, luckydug said:

:bolt:

Nope, my country and I want leaders to be honest, regardless of party. See Coconut D's post and try to learn something. 

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

If I felt I'd been stitched up by "colleagues" and taken to court on 13 charges of sexual assault/rape - and then defended myself in court  by claiming that at least 1 of them  was consensual sex after a night's drinking in Bute House - I'd be keeping my head well down down.  After my wife had battered the daylights out me first.   :wacko:

Perhaps his victory in the earlier case against the SG's non-adherence to the proper investigation process  is what's driving him now.   The whole saga seems to be turning ugly now, sadly for all concerned.      

I wasn't aware that As had sex with any of them. Do you have a link?

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Cherry needs removed from the SNP. I've never liked her and she's nothing but trouble.  The Unionists could put a better agent in the party if they tried. Get her out and she can take Kenny the terrorist lover and Alex "I'm in a huff because Nicola would make these problems go away" Salmond with her. 

:berra:  Wow Ri - I thought it was just unionists you hated ?      😜    Will you be  reserving 3 seats on your genocide bus for them. ? :whistling:

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Admirable desires but you don't need me to agree or be persuaded. They threw mud at Salmond and for posters like luckydug or aussieh, that is enough to convict, regardless of acquittal. 

He was found not guilty Nobody's disputing that. 

Nice to see you are new member of the SNP though😁

Make up for all the thousands they will lose if AS gets back in to the party in any meaningful role. 

3 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

:berra:  Wow Ri - I thought it was just unionists you hated ?      😜    Will you be  reserving 3 seats on your genocide bus for them. ? :whistling:

Yes i think he will. lol.  Cherry is an outstanding MP who will go far in the SNP once they have a clean out. Shes intelligent. doesnt get riled, hasnt a torn face and is very much an advocate for womens sex based rights. She has been vilified by the virulent trans lobby ( some I may add not all ). But they are very influential as we saw a few weeks ago with Nickys emergency online twitter video. 

If at all possible in Scotland these days to put the Independence question aside for one moment, and consider that we're commenting on the going on's within the current Scottish government - it's all rather sinister and murky. Way beyond the usual skullduggery of politics in general. 

Konrad von Carstein
15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The SNP are the Tories by a different hue chief

The Scottish electorate, widely acknowledged as being more "left leaning" that rUK are voting in droves for a party that is the Tories in disguise, that's your position?

:groundhog:

My 74 y/o stepdad was stood outside in the snow in Kirkcaldy for an hour because of their vaccination chaos. Could run an iScotland all tickety though, aye. 

The SNP won’t survive the upcoming Scottish parliament election, absolutely no chance considering the events that have transpired over the last year especially. I mean it’s been an utter shambles for over a decade under their reign. Vote these ***** out, imagine how ****ed we would be if Scotland went independent in 2014. Luckily there is enough educated people to prevent that from happening. 

13 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

I’m not on either side in this debacle but from what I read about what Salmond did, it was very creepy at best.  The stuff that he admitted to as part of his defence.

Just because he was found not guilty (by majority) doesn’t mean his behaviour wasn’t sleazy and out of order.  It certainly wasn’t up to the standards expected of the first minister.  

Complicated cases these as there are plenty creepy guys out there who push the limits of sleaze without going over in to criminality.

That being said, if this is all complete fabrication then accusations of this kind are unforgiveable. They not only lead to reputations being ruined but can have worse consequences. 

I'm in no way sticking up for the sleazeball Salmond, believe me! Why though, would a government who has nothing to hide behave in such a way as to suppress, redact and block evidence the public should have every right to know?

There's certainly something for someone to answer to. A catalogue of incompetence, or quite probably something more sinister. Either way the parliamentary inquiry stinks to high heaven. Can you imagine this sort of thing happening in Westminster?

I'll tell you who's definitely weak, incompetent and possibly corrupt. The committee.

Pub league.

14 hours ago, OTT said:

Perfectly put. Wish I'd read it before I posted. I wouldn't have bothered 😂👍🏻

12 hours ago, coconut doug said:

You also said 

And this 👍🏻

Byyy The Light
30 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Refreshing to see that not all yes voting Nationalists are as blind as those who can't see, waiting in line for their Kool Aid.

I’m on the fence with independence. I don’t care for politics but Salmond is a creepy one.

To answer your question about imagining this sort of thing happening at Westminster...😂😂 that’s a beauty 

50 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I’m on the fence with independence. I don’t care for politics but Salmond is a creepy one.

To answer your question about imagining this sort of thing happening at Westminster...😂😂 that’s a beauty 

The media and press wouldn't stand for the shenanigans we have to put up with here, never mind the courts. Imagine the Murrell situation? "You misled the inquiry, you've contradicted the first minister, you've commited perjury. Would you mind reappearing and reaffirming your testimony? No? Okay then. Next!"

Somehow I don't think the lies would be permitted by the government south of the border, so why here?