The rise and fall of The SNP.

1 minute ago, Space Mackerel said:

You either mean GB AND NI or The UK? 

See what I mean about Unionists being a wee bit stupit? 

How much is the UK in debt now? Dint Google and give us all a laugh please? 😃

🤣🤣🤣 your the gift that just keeps giving, honestly!! I'll stop now, as my Granny used to say "don't mock the afflicted" thanks though, you always cheer me up and guve me a giggle👍

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Unknown user

• jack D and coke

• manaliveits105

• Roxy Hearts

Space Mackerel
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣🤣🤣 your the gift that just keeps giving, honestly!! I'll stop now, as my Granny used to say "don't mock the afflicted" thanks though, you always cheer me up and guve me a giggle👍

So not a clue. 

Thanks for trying.

Its more than £50 billion. 

Just now, Space Mackerel said:

So not a clue. 

Thanks for trying.

Its more than £50 billion. 

🤣🤣🤣 ffs just stop!!

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣🤣🤣 ffs just stop!!

You’re saying Scotland can’t afford to be Independent (as you actually just made that up)

How much has the UK borrowed to date and how can it afford it? 

You’re saying Scotland can’t afford to be Independent (as you actually just made that up)

How much has the UK borrowed to date and how can it afford it? 

What currancy will Scotland use?

The Scottish pound 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

So not a clue then?

Thanks for trying.

Space Mackerel
1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

So not a clue then?

Thanks for trying.

I really don’t know why you keep asking this question. It was passed in 2019 at SNP conference and Andrew Wilson has recently been in the news papers such as The Times saying this time and time again.

There are 180 currencies in this world. 

I really don’t know why you keep asking this question. It was passed in 2019 at SNP conference and Andrew Wilson has recently been in the news papers such as The Times saying this time and time again.

There are 180 currencies in this world. 

BuTF9yBCEAEaLzE.jpg

3 hours ago, Candy said:

That's it in a nutshell for me too.  They are selling a dream not a reality. 

It's like religion, you need to have faith that the land of milk and honey exists, but will only find out for sure if and when you get there. 

Independence would lead to years more of economic uncertainty - that's indisputable. 

After a global financial crisis, we've had a decade of political bollocks with referenda, elections and Brexit.  Right now we are all trying to survive the biggest health/economic crisis to hit the planet in 100 years.

I'd quite like some sort of stability for a wee while if its not to much to ask.

👏👏👏

3 hours ago, Candy said:

That's it in a nutshell for me too.  They are selling a dream not a reality. 

It's like religion, you need to have faith that the land of milk and honey exists, but will only find out for sure if and when you get there. 

Independence would lead to years more of economic uncertainty - that's indisputable. 

After a global financial crisis, we've had a decade of political bollocks with referenda, elections and Brexit.  Right now we are all trying to survive the biggest health/economic crisis to hit the planet in 100 years.

I'd quite like some sort of stability for a wee while if its not to much to ask.

I think a lot of people feel same, it's certainly folk want and it's constantly not been given, like the currency question fir example.

2 minutes ago, Space Mackerel said:

Are you a great believer in MMT then? 

I've a sister in law going through it just now but recons the patches are working but the hot flushes still bother her 

Space Mackerel
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I think a lot of people feel same, it's certainly folk want and it's constantly not been given, like the currency question fir example.

Im not so convinced you have the slightest clue about FiAT and macroeconomics to be fair DR.

Did you know the money in your pocket is IOU’s? It’s actually written on them. Take a close look. 

Im not so convinced you have the slightest clue about FiAT and macroeconomics to be fair DR.

Thank **** for Google or you'd be pretty much ****ed🤣🤣🤣 so don't try and come over like youre the new Adam Smith.

I'm not sure you've a clue about much SM to be fair, but your rise like a hungry trout every time.

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Thank **** for Google or you'd be pretty much ****ed🤣🤣🤣 so don't try and come over like youre the new Adam Smith.

I'm not sure you've a clue about much SM to be fair, but your rise like a hungry trout every time.

Aye, sure. 

Still waiting on you mentioning this value UK debt and how it can keep issuing bonds and gilts though? 

Aye, sure. 

Still waiting on you mentioning this value UK debt and how it can keep issuing bonds and gilts though? 

I could google it like you've just done and try and kid I'm on I'm some high brow economist like you try and do but people will see through it like the see through you.

Space Mackerel
16 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I could google it like you've just done and try and kid I'm on I'm some high brow economist like you try and do but people will see through it like the see through you.

It’s been in the news, you shouldn’t have to Google it. 

£22 billion for NHS Ingurlunds failure of a track and trace app likes :rofl: 

It’s been in the news, you shouldn’t have to Google it. 

£22 billion for NHS Ingurlunds failure of a track and trace app likes :rofl: 

Googled that didn't you, it ok you know, lots of people do it these days🤣

Space Mackerel
12 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Googled that didn't you, it ok you know, lots of people do it these days🤣

Putting loads of 🤣🤣🤣 smileys in every post sort of shows up your lack of intelligence in the subject. 

Putting loads of 🤣🤣🤣 smileys in every post sort of shows up your lack of intelligence in the subject. 

FFS!!! You of all people say that, unbelievable tenor.gif

Space Mackerel
4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

FFS!!! You of all people say that, unbelievable tenor.gif

So to sum up:

Scotland is shite, GB is well... brilliant? 

Scotland can’t have its own currency because its shite? 

Scotland can’t be independent because it’s shite? 

Scotland won’t be able to float debt on international currency markets because its shite? 
Scotland can’t create its central bank because it’s shite?

Scotland can’t sell shellfish into Europe because it’s shite, now.

Scotland can’t move around the world and engage with its closet neighbours because its shite? 

Have I missed anything? 

Have I missed anything? 

Yep, your post is pretty shite too, nonsensical, purile, childish and, well, pretty much like all your posts.

*edid*

Sorry.........🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Dawnrazor

Space Mackerel
9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Yep, your post is pretty shite too, nonsensical, purile, childish and, well, pretty much like all your posts.

*edid*

Sorry.........🤣🤣🤣🤣

But that’s what you do, say everything in Scotland is shite? Is everything shite? 

Do you think it comes from a personal sense of underachievement? 

Space Mackerel
16 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

Not an SNP majority, thats all I was meaning. 

Do you think you’ll start another thread after May pal? 😁

Space Mackerel
20 minutes ago, Zlatanable said:

About the Rise and Fall of the SNP?

No. 

Accepting your Electoral hiding then and a certain will for the majority of Scots to hold another Indy Ref 2 poll?

7 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Dawnie, do you live and work in Scotland? 

No, so what's it got to do with you.  You can have all the tory filth and GBP that you want. We'll decide what we want, when we want from who we want. 

What drinking water will you use when Scotland goes? 

Edited by ri Alban

manaliveits105
7 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

So to sum up:

Scotland is shite, GB is well... brilliant? 

Scotland can’t have its own currency because its shite? 

Scotland can’t be independent because it’s shite? 

Scotland won’t be able to float debt on international currency markets because its shite? 
Scotland can’t create its central bank because it’s shite?

Scotland can’t sell shellfish into Europe because it’s shite, now.

Scotland can’t move around the world and engage with its closet neighbours because its shite? 

Have I missed anything? 

Scottish (Glasgow centric) television is worse than shite 

Says a lot about Edinburgh, that it likes to kid itself on its a capital city. Imagine giving your status to another country's city. 

UK government English 

UK currency English

UK official language English

UK monarch English

UK PM English 

UK wealth invested in England

UK democracy only counts in England. 

Scotland wants to take back power, sovereignty, borders etc... Naw, only England can go this, stop thinking your votes count you Scottish peasants. Just give us your country's wealth and your people to die in wars. Thanks. Now shut it, away and kid on you are Scotland, you're just The territory beyond the North of civilisation, where we mine black gold, water, Renewables and park our nuclear subs. 

Edited by ri Alban

9 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

You should see the copy and paste jobs he sticks on Facebook. Completely obsessed. And i mean feckin completely 🤣

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Dawnie, do you live and work in Scotland? 

No, so what's it got to do with you.  You can have all the tory filth and GBP that you want. We'll decide what we want, when we want from who we want. 

What drinking water will you use when Scotland goes? 

I don't live and work in Scotland just now,I obviously have and probably will again, the indipendance issue is an issue for every Scottish person.

Drinking water? Seriously?? Do you honestly think there's no water in the north of England? !!!!

44 minutes ago, Janbo1874 said:

This kind of says be very careful to not bite the hand that feeds you, and if you do be prepared to live with the consequences. 

My local SNP MSP (who I do rate, does a lot of good community work) once told me the minute Scotland was declared independent, he would quit - which pretty much made my mind up that I cant vote for people who effectively walk away and dont own whatever mess they create .

26 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

You should see the copy and paste jobs he sticks on Facebook. Completely obsessed. And i mean feckin completely 🤣

You'll have to send me a link to that but I can believe the level of pish would be worth looking at🤣

There's been a few good posts about how people feel about Indipendance, I feel similar, if the arguments were made better, not just the "you don't love here so it's nothing to do with you anyway" "what about drinking water in England (one of my favourites!)" "The Scottish Pound is what we'll use we can use the dollar if we want" stuff that's gets blown out of the water by folk on here never mid at the level that matters.

If indipendance is to happen I want it to be as seemless, painless and successful as humanly possible but that needs concrete answers, and the SNP just aren't coming up with them.

6 hours ago, Space Mackerel said:

Dull yin for the ex pro Brexiteer cult 😊

So that's your "yoonyasnist" pal that couldn't, without Google like you, couldn't of the top of his head tell you what the UK bebt was? Well that's me convinced about independence😅

15 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You'll have to send me a link to that but I can believe the level of pish would be worth looking at🤣

There's been a few good posts about how people feel about Indipendance, I feel similar, if the arguments were made better, not just the "you don't love here so it's nothing to do with you anyway" "what about drinking water in England (one of my favourites!)" "The Scottish Pound is what we'll use we can use the dollar if we want" stuff that's gets blown out of the water by folk on here never mid at the level that matters.

If indipendance is to happen I want it to be as seemless, painless and successful as humanly possible but that needs concrete answers, and the SNP just aren't coming up with them.

Spacey has no kids or financial worries as he is subsidised by a wealthy father and the other eejit who commented on you keeping your nose out cos you don't live here is just your average thick racist separatist at all costs type.

They don't get that people need solid evidence of things being better before they will gamble jobs. pensions etc.  Not just it will be better cos it just will.

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

They don't get that people need solid evidence of things being better before they will gamble jobs. pensions etc.  Not just it will be better cos it just will.

Exactly 👍

I, unlike Spacey by the sounds of it, am a pragmatist, I like a huge percentage of people, have to be, I've got to earn a living for my family, I'll move home when it's financially sensible for us to do so.

If the answers were so were so convincing they'd be readily and unarguably available for everyone to see.

The fact that there's NO concrete answers on the currency or the EU questions six years on from the ref' last time, considering that the lack of clarity on the currency last time and it's undoubted effect on the outcome, the fact that this still hasn't been put to bed I find staggering.

It's too pie in the sky for me just now.

If I priced jobs in such a hazy manner I'm pretty sure I'd be getting my jotters pdq.

There are a few die hard Yes voters who'll never had thier minds changed and the same for the No side on here, they can call each other names all they like, some, apart from Spacey, have arguments worth listening too when they cut out the usual shite. It's the folk that could have thier minds changed or be swung a bit to the Yes side, that are just looking for a bit of certainty that will be looling at this thread and thinking WTF!!!!!

Some people really do thierselves no favours.

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

If it follows the same pattern as on here, he'll see something semi sensible that he can reasonably argue against, so will just post loads of absolute shite until people are focusing on that rather than the original point.

17 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Spacey has no kids or financial worries as he is subsidised by a wealthy father ......

C'mon Ron, you've got to PM me a link to Spacey's Facebook page😁

3 minutes ago, Candy said:

If it follows the same pattern as on here, he'll see something semi sensible that he can reasonably argue against, so will just post loads of absolute shite until people are focusing on that rather than the original point.

Sound like the SNP really.

Jeffros Furios
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Says a lot about Edinburgh, that it likes to kid itself on its a capital city. Imagine giving your status to another country's city. 

UK government English 

UK currency English

UK official language English

UK monarch English

UK PM English 

UK wealth invested in England

UK democracy only counts in England. 

Scotland wants to take back power, sovereignty, borders etc... Naw, only England can go this, stop thinking your votes count you Scottish peasants. Just give us your country's wealth and your people to die in wars. Thanks. Now shut it, away and kid on you are Scotland, you're just The territory beyond the North of civilisation, where we mine black gold, water, Renewables and park our nuclear subs. 

Glasgow is a shithole and Paisley should be nuked .

31 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

C'mon Ron, you've got to PM me a link to Spacey's Facebook page😁

Nah for all the fact he was a flag waving Union Jack Rangers supporter before "coming out" as a Willie Wallace Hearts fan he's actually alright. Just don't talk politics as will bore the pants off you.

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

Nah for all the fact he was a flag waving Union Jack Rangers supporter before "coming out" as a Willie Wallace Hearts fan he's actually alright. Just don't talk politics as will bore the pants off you.

I don't doubt the fact that he's actually alright, I'm sure everyone who I disagree with on various things on here are, over a few pints I'm positive we'd get on.

So he was a blue nose then😅😅 

There was a band in Rosewell years ago calles "The Crap" (they were on the Tube when they were called Watch With Mother) and they had a single calles "Crazy Mixed Up Kid" funny how that just came back to me!

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I don't doubt the fact that he's actually alright, I'm sure everyone who I disagree with on various things on here are, over a few pints I'm positive we'd get on.

So he was a blue nose then😅😅 

There was a band in Rosewell years ago calles "The Crap" (they were on the Tube when they were called Watch With Mother) and they had a single calles "Crazy Mixed Up Kid" funny how that just came back to me!

The 'born again' mob are always the most fanatical.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

11 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

So not a clue then?

Thanks for trying.

No, the genuine plan is to use Sterling through a transition period before introducing a Scottish pound. 

Its kinda a damned if you do, damned if you don't moment. I.e if we keep the pound then the argument is that its not true independence as fiscal policy still would be controlled by the bank of England (and will be throughout the transition period). I do wonder about the merits of the Euro. Germany, France, Ireland etc. seem to be doing fine with it (obviously like anything there will be limitations), however, it doesn't seem something that people are willing to entertain. I just don't really see the point in having to change currency if you go down South to England, West to Ireland or East to mainland Europe. 

I think one of the biggest takeaways from 2014 is that a clear policy needed to be developed on this as it was a glaring issue. I'm not particularly happy as it doesn't seem like something the SNP have done a great job of explaining as people obviously aren't understanding what they intend to do.

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

No, the genuine plan is to use Sterling through a transition period before introducing a Scottish pound. 

Its kinda a damned if you do, damned if you don't moment. I.e if we keep the pound then the argument is that its not true independence as fiscal policy still would be controlled by the bank of England (and will be throughout the transition period). I do wonder about the merits of the Euro. Germany, France, Ireland etc. seem to be doing fine with it (obviously like anything there will be limitations), however, it doesn't seem something that people are willing to entertain. I just don't really see the point in having to change currency if you go down South to England, West to Ireland or East to mainland Europe. 

I think one of the biggest takeaways from 2014 is that a clear policy needed to be developed on this as it was a glaring issue. I'm not particularly happy as it doesn't seem like something the SNP have done a great job of explaining as people obviously aren't understanding what they intend to do.

Thanks for that answer OTT, I think tbe problem is that there are arguments why the Sterling won't be used are out there and haven't been fully explained away.