Jump to content
Bunny Munro

Sun Article - Dressing Room Split ( club replies )

Recommended Posts

Armageddon

What's this journalistic code of conduct we keep hearing about when it comes to Stewart and Traynor?

Just print any old shite and let it fly - i'd be banning the Sun from Tynie for a start off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dusk_Till_Dawn

Never thought I’d say this but I’m far more inclined to believe the Sun’s story than I am the club rebuttal of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
7 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I’d ban all newspapers from Tynie except the evening news as they’ve never had anything good to say about hearts anyway. And I’d release a statement to that effect.  I’d do the same with the bbc as they are the same. **** them


:greatpost:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzbomb
2 minutes ago, It should have been ten said:


:greatpost:

Sooner we get a siege mentality going the better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
weehammy

Unhappiness and an element of discord among players in a failing team. Not exactly a scoop!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Kdogg

Can’t believe people even look at the garbage. Stendel had no problem communicating with people from Barnsley. I rest my case. If there is discontent it’s from chronic underperformers. They should take a long look in the mirror instead of running to the scum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buzzbomb

Hearts have always been the media whipping boys, hibs their wee darlings. Time to release a statement advising the fans to stop buying their papers, stop listening to bbc sport. We don’t need them, And I don’t see how they don’t benefit us in any way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
merrymac
57 minutes ago, o1djambo said:

The gave their all v Hamilton. Nonsense to say otherwise. I continue to support Stendal in public but privately feel he is yet another poor appointment. 

Is this not a public forum that you have just given your private feelings on:phface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GinRummy
18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

 

I doubt very much that these clubs would ever have signed a player like him in the first place. I'm not saying they haven't signed some huddies in their time but not as many as CL has.

It's certainly difficult to disagree with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
merrymac
3 minutes ago, The Kdogg said:

Can’t believe people even look at the garbage. Stendel had no problem communicating with people from Barnsley. I rest my case. If there is discontent it’s from chronic underperformers. They should take a long look in the mirror instead of running to the scum. 

Yep

Headline should have read

" Thick Hearts players unable to run and understand alternative tactics go crying to their Auntie Ann for a cuddle"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
weehammy
18 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

I’d ban all newspapers from Tynie except the evening news as they’ve never had anything good to say about hearts anyway. And I’d release a statement to that effect.  I’d do the same with the bbc as they are the same. **** them

Suggest you relocate to China mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Francis Albert

If it is true its a pity the players concerned didn't revolt in the two years CL was running the team into the ground with disastrous recruitmemt and team set ups. 

And if it is true we should focus on the players who want to play for Hearts and Stendel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kidd’s Boots
56 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

Hmm daily record insider saying no split and the players behind the manager fully total opposite of the sun.

We are being caught in a media game .

Back the club ,back the manager and the players .

Dont let us get divided .

And the club have bitten according to EEN by denying dressing room split and publicly backing DS. 

 

Still behind DS & the team, but these types of things used to be called the death knoll for managers. HMFC Media Team, look at the signs and don’t feed the animals.... you only condition them to demand more and more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, RS86 said:

 

This place changes like the tide though, a win on Fri and we will have a bunch of threads praising the manager and various players and the atmosphere will be more positive until we lose again

 

Football fans are temperamental, always have been, and it's not just Hearts supporters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It should have been ten
18 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

Sooner we get a siege mentality going the better. 


Agree with you 100% 👍🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wavydavy
7 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Yep

Headline should have read

" Thick Hearts players unable to run and understand alternative tactics go crying to their Auntie Ann for a cuddle"

 

It's interesting to note that neither the whinging player nor the rag that printed it seem to realise that DS's assistant from Barnsley Dale Tonge is English and obviously speaks English and has worked with DS previously so will undertand exactly what he wants from the players.

 

There should be absolutely nothing lost in translation so this is a non story in my book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
girvanjambo

The best reply to this dubious article is a solid, 100% committed performance on Friday night, that will get us 3 much needed points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cut The Crap

No idea about splits but I do not believe the players are playing to the manager's instructions. The "high press" hasn't been seen since half-time vs Killie. At least twice now the manager has come out after games and said "this is not the way we want to play".

 

Gary Caldwell made an interesting point on Sportsound last night to the effect that for the high press to work, everyone has to buy in and fully commit to it. If you leave space between the different units of the team, then it's all too easy to pick apart.

 

I really think our players have only half-heartedly embraced the manager's tactics and are quick to abandon them altogether when we go behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
merrymac
4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

 

It's interesting to note that neither the whinging player nor the rag that printed it seem to realise that DS's assistant from Barnsley Dale Tonge is English and obviously speaks English and has worked with DS previously so will undertand exactly what he wants from the players.

 

There should be absolutely nothing lost in translation so this is a non story in my book.

Maybe more to do with the players inability to understand instructions than vice versa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
goldie83
40 minutes ago, killiehippo said:

There was a big split in opinion with Killie fans as many felt he didn't get enough time and should have had a couple more transfer windows to build his squad....I'm sure the same applies with Stendel. The flip side is that it wasn't a happy dressing room and a few senior players weren't happy with training, tactics, communication etc. It's never a healthy thing if players are dictating what happens and that IMHO is the biggest danger for Hearts. To be fair it didn't appear that players had stopped trying, more like they didn't seem to know what they were meant to be doing, that is maybe the same with you. Looking from a distance it seems you are scoring goals but leaking goals for fun so if he shores up the defence you should be fine.....good luck for the rest of the season.

 

We should have signed Broadfoot 😏. Cheers mate, all the best 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
49 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

They are slightly related tbf, these sorts of rumours can be dangerous.


Or it can be used to motivate the players and manager? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
1 hour ago, Nicholas Brody said:

 

1 in, 1 out.

 

We have three goalkeepers currently and were not getting a fourth. Colin Doyle was told to find a new club but couldn't.


A goalkeeper was more important than the others apart from Boyce, as was a centre half.  The three goalies are utter mince though it can’t be justified refusing to get another in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Last Laff
2 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

But he could be blamed for wasting the goalkeeping budget on 3 other huddies that play the same position 


Yes he can.  There should have still been wages available for a reliable goalkeeper though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Niemi’s gloves
Quote
2 hours ago, dazinho88 said:

The best thing would be if Levein was left out of the conversation altogether. I keep seeing his name plastered all over this place by supporters of him and also the less so supportive of him. 

 

Agree absolutely with your first sentence but the  balance of your second sentence is a bit awry. The people who keep bringing up the name of our former manager are those who detest him. Posters who try to take a balanced view only mention him in response to the wilder claims of his detractors. And as for outright “supporters of him”, they are very thin on the ground.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marvin

Why don't all the players go on one big feck off team building exercise to Ben Nevis. That way they can get to know each other a little better. Maybe they might start playing like a team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Irufushi
19 minutes ago, girvanjambo said:

The best reply to this dubious article is a solid, 100% committed performance on Friday night, that will get us 3 much needed points.


:spoton: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nicholas Brody
14 minutes ago, Last Laff said:


A goalkeeper was more important than the others apart from Boyce, as was a centre half.  The three goalies are utter mince though it can’t be justified refusing to get another in. 

 

I don't disagree with you but sadly that's not how the purse strings worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
luckydug
47 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Never thought I’d say this but I’m far more inclined to believe the Sun’s story than I am the club rebuttal of it.

I always thought you would say it 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Morgan
23 minutes ago, girvanjambo said:

The best reply to this dubious article is a solid, 100% committed performance on Friday night, that will get us 3 much needed points.

:greatpost:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dazinho88
3 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Agree absolutely with your first sentence but the  balance of your second sentence is a bit awry. The people who keep bringing up the name of our former manager are those who detest him. Posters who try to take a balanced view only mention him in response to the wilder claims of his detractors. And as for outright “supporters of him”, they are very thin on the ground.

 

Think you've picked me up wrong, I don't mean that one particular party/side/whatever you want to call it are solely doing it - I mean all sides keep bringing him up which causes his name to be plastered everywhere. 

 

I'd agree that more negative than positive start it although I'd disagree with the suggestion that those responding are always doing so in the balanced manner you mention. Some can be just as bad, playing devils advocate I'd suggest 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hearts1975
14 minutes ago, Last Laff said:


Yes he can.  There should have still been wages available for a reliable goalkeeper though. 

I agree with you in that we could have done with one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
whodanny
10 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Why don't all the players go on one big feck off team building exercise to Ben Nevis. That way they can get to know each other a little better. Maybe they might start playing like a team.

The Lochaber Mountain Rescue Team have been busy enough this winter without our lot wandering about on the Ben. Some of the lads looked lost enough on the pitch at Tynie on Saturday, without them roaming around at over 4000 feet in a blizzard.  🏔️ 😄.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ross1992

Naismith has spoken to Hearts TV and commented on this. 

 

"I was surprised to see, if I'm honest it's a lot of rubbish."

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mort

I don’t think there’s a dressing room split as the sun article makes out but I do feel that there’s a few players that maybe aren’t buying into the tactics as much as others. This is purely based on my own opinion.

 

In hospitality on Saturday, Walker came on and said that the players totally buy into what the manager wants to do and I think you can see that from his performances. 
 

A change in style is always going to suit some players and less others. Walker and Clare much improved, Souttar and Naismith on the poorer side. 

Edited by Mort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
karipidis
2 minutes ago, ross1992 said:

Naismith has spoken to Hearts TV and commented on this. 

 

"I was surprised to see, if I'm honest it's a lot of rubbish."

 

 

That will be that then. Naismith speaks very well here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruyff

I see Naisy has come out on video saying it is a load of pish. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
johnthomas
2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

 

So what you are saying in effect is... the players are fine its the way they are being used and we need to rid ourselves of the management/coaching staff? No there are some terrible players out there on the pitch bought in by CL and on long contracts... who will be difficult to shift. You rate our goalies as well do you ? ... every one a F'n bomb scare!

You do make some massive assumptions answering my post . 

I did not in anyway suggest sacking the manager

I would have said ignoring the goalkeepers but I assumed that was a given .

I did ask who are the terrible players .

Try reading and then answering points made . You never know , it may catch on

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Redhelen
3 minutes ago, ross1992 said:

Naismith has spoken to Hearts TV and commented on this. 

 

"I was surprised to see, if I'm honest it's a lot of rubbish."

 

 

What I would expect a captain to say. Puts a lot of emphasis on it being the player's responsibility but I think he spoke well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Deodato
14 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Were you down for the Arsenal vs Newcastle game? 

I love down here so get to a few. That was the best one yet this season. 

 

The days of Emery pacing up and down the touchline in trousers that were far too short for him are now a distant memory. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC86

I think the form of Naismith or lack of is being overhyped. He was very good against Rangers and against St Johnstone. At times he was back before our defenders winning the ball as last man. 
 

Thought he was poor v Kilmarnock & Hamilton, although he did still create the first goal & was unlucky not to get one himself, if it hadn’t been down to good goalkeeping. 
 

Glad he has come out and dismissed the sun. Best way to answer the critics is a result on Friday though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bridge of Djoum
15 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Lifted straight from a thread started by an interloper on here. :rolleyes:

 

Usual suspects hoping it is true. Gulliblies. 

 

Yep. I actually feel sorry for those who still believe anything written in that rag. 
 

Puts me in mind of Klopp telling a Sun reporter that he will not talk to him. Even a relative newcomer to British football knows the shite that paper puts out. 
 

Too many folk willing to believe anything as long as it suits their “thoughts”. Get in the ****** bin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mort
Just now, HMFC86 said:

I think the form of Naismith or lack of is being overhyped. He was very good against Rangers and against St Johnstone. At times he was back before our defenders winning the ball as last man. 
 

Thought he was poor v Kilmarnock & Hamilton, although he did still create the first goal & was unlucky not to get one himself, if it hadn’t been down to good goalkeeping. 
 

Glad he has come out and dismissed the sun. Best way to answer the critics is a result on Friday though. 

The problem for me is he is far too deep. At times against Celtic, Killie and Hamilton he was almost defensive midfield and starting attacks and plays like a quarterback role.

 

Personally, I think he’s much better straight up top and leading the press and much more of a danger in terms of goal scoring when he’s in the box, not putting the balls in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bongo 1874

Quite simply put there are supporters that would give there left bollock, just to play 5 minutes for this football club. 

 

 

The players gave up under Levein, they gave up under Macphee,  i will be furious if the players give up on Stendel. 

 

We've probably sat watching the worst football Hearts have ever played. 

 

You have to seriously ask yourself what are the ambitions of the club, when it was deemed acceptable to finish 6th two years running. 

 

We have accepted mediocrity and have paid the ultimate price, there is a way to get things back on track.

 

back the club and give your full support in the hope we can stay up, at a time the media seem to be sticking the boot in all ways, now is not the time to turn our back on Heart of Midlothian football club or our manager. 

 

What makes us so unique and different from other clubs, is when the chips have been down and times have been hard, this clubs supporters never fail to amaze me even sitting bottom of the league Friday night will be a sold out allocation. 

 

We can be the difference on Friday night from potentially going down or staying up, let's for 90 minutes give this team the backing and the manager. 

 

I know the players don't deserve it if I'm being brutally honest, but confidence in sport is a massive thing , we've had 20 minute periods in games where we've done really well, All of a sudden we make a mistake, we all go oh here we go again. 

 

Lastly this is a message to the players that come on and view this forum, regardless if you don't like Stendel, Levein, Macphee, or whoever, 

 

You owe it to us to make sure Heart of Midlothian stay up, and aren't relegated this season don't let's us down!!!. 

 

Bongo 1874. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ramrod
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Quite simply put there are supporters that would give there left bollock, just to play 5 minutes for this football club. 

 

 

The players gave up under Levein, they gave up under Macphee,  i will be furious if the players give up on Stendel. 

 

We've probably sat watching the worst football Hearts have ever played. 

 

You have to seriously ask yourself what are the ambitions of the club, when it was deemed acceptable to finish 6th two years running. 

 

We have accepted mediocrity and have paid the ultimate price, there is a way to get things back on track.

 

back the club and give your full support in the hope we can stay up, at a time the media seem to be sticking the boot in all ways, now is not the time to turn our back on Heart of Midlothian football club or our manager. 

 

What makes us so unique and different from other clubs, is when the chips have been down and times have been hard, this clubs supporters never fail to amaze me even sitting bottom of the league Friday night will be a sold out allocation. 

 

We can be the difference on Friday night from potentially going down or staying up, let's for 90 minutes give this team the backing and the manager. 

 

I know the players don't deserve it if I'm being brutally honest, but confidence in sport is a massive thing , we've had 20 minute periods in games where we've done really well, All of a sudden we make a mistake, we all go oh here we go again. 

 

Lastly this is a message to the players that come on and view this forum, regardless if you don't like Stendel, Levein, Macphee, or whoever, 

 

You owe it to us to make sure Heart of Midlothian stay up, and aren't relegated this season don't let's us down!!!. 

 

Bongo 1874. 

Well said 

The backing the players got on Sat at 2-0 down was incredible. 

They need to man up , concentrate for 90 mins and win their own individual battles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nicholas Brody
4 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

There is no split. 100 percent of the players are revolting against Stendel. After listening to him for months and tolerating him sacrificing Berra etc to then seeing the caliber of shite he signed that was a major alarm bell, how he treated McDonald against Celtic was another and I am told the final straw was the tactics before during and after the Hamilton game. 
 

This can be easily proven or not, ask Budge directly if she has had a delegation of players meeting her to say they want him out and also if that delegation included a current coach. 
 

 

:facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambof3tornado

Imagine all the shite stories when we are doing well!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bull's-eye

Public statement made by the sleekit captain then......

 

Who do we believe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HMFC86
21 minutes ago, Mort said:

The problem for me is he is far too deep. At times against Celtic, Killie and Hamilton he was almost defensive midfield and starting attacks and plays like a quarterback role.

 

Personally, I think he’s much better straight up top and leading the press and much more of a danger in terms of goal scoring when he’s in the box, not putting the balls in.

Yeah I agree with that. I think he should play up with Boyce or at deepest just off him. But unless he’s doing a headless chicken act, not really his fault that he’s being played deeper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rudy T
5 hours ago, allanwilson1970 said:

There is no split. 100 percent of the players are revolting against Stendel. After listening to him for months and tolerating him sacrificing Berra etc to then seeing the caliber of shite he signed that was a major alarm bell, how he treated McDonald against Celtic was another and I am told the final straw was the tactics before during and after the Hamilton game. 
 

This can be easily proven or not, ask Budge directly if she has had a delegation of players meeting her to say they want him out and also if that delegation included a current coach. 
 

 

who told you???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Whatever

@allanwilson1970 

 

Care to elaborate further now that Naismith has spoken?

 

Or is he a bare faced liar??

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...