Sun Article - Dressing Room Split ( club replies )

Bunny Munro

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Beast Boy

• jack D and coke

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There’s two of you now👍🏼 Gio wasn’t very enthusiastic at the beginning either I recall. 
I appreciate we’ve taken a risk but I’m glad we have. The only mistake so far is not running levein out of Tynecastle with a sharp instrument. You pair want another Craig Levein or Stuart McCall or Neil McCann well I’m sorry but balls to that. I’ve had enough of that same same crap that has gotten us next to nowhere in my entire 30 odd years following this club. 
Im on the Stendel train for better or worse. We go down they so be it. We can get in one of your favoured god awful journeymen managers in after that. 

I was actually very supportive of the appointment at the time. It just became clear to me within a couple of games that he wasn’t a good fit. Nothing has changed since.

Out of interest, what exactly are you expecting Stendel to achieve at Hearts, that we’ve been failing to do for the last thirty years? 

The Old Tolbooth
10 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

There’s two of you now👍🏼 Gio wasn’t very enthusiastic at the beginning either I recall. 
I appreciate we’ve taken a risk but I’m glad we have. The only mistake so far is not running levein out of Tynecastle with a sharp instrument. You pair want another Craig Levein or Stuart McCall or Neil McCann well I’m sorry but balls to that. I’ve had enough of that same same crap that has gotten us next to nowhere in my entire 30 odd years following this club. 
Im on the Stendel train for better or worse. We go down they so be it. We can get in one of your favoured god awful journeymen managers in after that. 

Absolutely with you on this, people saying that the players can't play the way Stendel wants them to play, is that Stendel's fault? I'd say if it's true then it's the players fault, along with the utter humpty that brought that shower of shit here in the first place, I'd rather say cheerio to every single gutless player we have and keep Stendel and let him build again, which would only leave us with about 2 or 3 players. 

As for the Scum newspaper, why don't we grow a set of balls with this shower of inbred scum and just ban them like Liverpool, Everton, and Man Utd have? So what if they print lies about us afterwards, it's all they ever do anyway! 

jack D and coke
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

I was actually very supportive of the appointment at the time. It just became clear to me within a couple of games that he wasn’t a good fit. Nothing has changed since.

Out of interest, what exactly are you expecting Stendel to achieve at Hearts, that we’ve been failing to do for the last thirty years? 

Something different. Different mindset. Fresh eyes. Fresh ideas. Mibbe im being too optimistic but i don’t fancy watching eye bleeding tommy wrights or Stuart McCall’s of this worlds Hearts teams. I hope for better. I think if he can get us through this mess, the one created and driven stubbornly and mercilessly into the ground by Levein then we’ll see big improvements next season. I believe the man has inherited an almighty mess personally. 
It’s hell or high water for me. I’ll never stop harping on about your hero either until he’s run out of hearts for good. 

37 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What I said was I believe there is some substance to this story.

Anyone who thinks our dressing room is sweetness and light knows nothing about football. Although that would cover a fair number of people on here.

And any dressing room anywhere.

jack D and coke
5 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Absolutely with you on this, people saying that the players can't play the way Stendel wants them to play, is that Stendel's fault? I'd say if it's true then it's the players fault, along with the utter humpty that brought that shower of shit here in the first place, I'd rather say cheerio to every single gutless player we have and keep Stendel and let him build again, which would only leave us with about 2 or 3 players. 

As for the Scum newspaper, why don't we grow a set of balls with this shower of inbred scum and just ban them like Liverpool, Everton, and Man Utd have? So what if they print lies about us afterwards, it's all they ever do anyway! 

Exactly. I’d like Hearts to take a much harder line with these arseholes too. Do a Klopp and refuse to talk to the sun. Ban that McLaughlin fud an all. Get behind Stendel publically

Some proper anger will get us out of this. 

1 minute ago, jack D and coke said:

Exactly. I’d like Hearts to take a much harder line with these arseholes too. Do a Klopp and refuse to talk to the sun. Ban that McLaughlin fud an all. Get behind Stendel publically

:yas:

The Old Tolbooth
2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Boom! I'm all for that mate! Let's tell the BBC they can piss off whilst we're at it, or does that make us as bad as der hun? 

...a bit disco
40 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Well he’s definitely “not the full thing”, that’s for sure.

Reported.

...a bit disco
Just now, Lovecraft said:

Or any workplace.

Or any marriage over 12 months.

jack D and coke
Just now, Des Lynam said:

:yas:

Club is too nice. Too palsy walsy with these hibs tramps a for kick off, get that shite right in the ****ing bin. Too nice to the media who kick the shit out of us week in week out an all. **** them all. 
We need to get angry. 

...a bit disco
12 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Never got that far

Neither did my first!

I'm surprised anyone takes anything the Sun prints as gospel, an utter rag of a newspaper that should have went out of circulation years ago. 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, ...a bit disco said:

Indeed Gov.

He's been treading a fine line of late, that one.

Well do us all a favour and despatch him to some motorway flyover foundations, pronto.

...a bit disco
Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Well do us all a favour and despatch him to some motorway flyover foundations, pronto.

:thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, smartinmaroon said:

Couldn’t it be that people aren’t just ‘desperate for him to be a success for their own egos’ @Sir Gio

perhaps a minority are. But most will be desperate for him to succeed because we’re hearts fans and are desperate to claw ourselves out of relegation.

the sun is and always has been crammed with sensationalist guff

taking an ‘article ‘ like this at face value especially when there’s no source, no quotes is plain naive 

I laughed when I read the ‘heated exchange ‘ bit about Clare and changing shape in the first half - he had to - we were two down after about 15 minutes ffs! Sensationalist crap

I’d expect some disgruntlement in a dressing room when we’re bottom of the league. What matters is channelling that in a way that helps not hinders us.  Fingers crossed stendel can help the team do that 

Sun have totally over egged it I believe, but then that's their job, no surprise they would.

What I see on the pitch of a Saturday is a bit of finger pointing, hands on hips, slouched. I had a good look on Saturday, body language is not great. That doesn't mean a split, not even close, but it does tell me the air of positivity briefly raised is not there.

Feel we have to get that back, and the way to do it is by simplifying our strategy, not gifting away space

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I'll admit, short on ideas of who, but certainly no name you have mentioned, and I did say Leveins time was up long before his eventual departure. Dire end to last season should have been enough.

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Sun have totally over egged it I believe, but then that's their job, no surprise they would.

What I see on the pitch of a Saturday is a bit of finger pointing, hands on hips, slouched. I had a good look on Saturday, body language is not great. That doesn't mean a split, not even close, but it does tell me the air of positivity briefly raised is not there.

Feel we have to get that back, and the way to do it is by simplifying our strategy, not gifting away space

Maybe. We certainly need to sharpen up when it comes to giving possession away cheaply.  First half on Saturday I agree with you.  

Given the first fifteen minutes of the game, the team should take a bit of credit for not going to pieces and clawing it back in the second half.  Nervy times to say the least, but I still think we have it in us to avoid the drop.  This is hearts though, and no doubt we’ll take it to the brink 😫

we’ve seen large scale dressing room unrest in the past and this isn’t it thankfully 

34 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I'm surprised anyone takes anything the Sun prints as gospel, an utter rag of a newspaper that should have went out of circulation years ago. 

Keep an eye on their transfer rumours regarding Hearts. A much higher success rate than our own Edinburgh Evening News. They definitely have a source at Hearts, even if this story has been ‘over egged’ .

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What I said was I believe there is some substance to this story.

Anyone who thinks our dressing room is sweetness and light knows nothing about football. Although that would cover a fair number of people on here.

Not a chance everyone gets on, simply doesnt happen. Not the same as being split because of stendels tactics etc.

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

Something different. Different mindset. Fresh eyes. Fresh ideas. Mibbe im being too optimistic but i don’t fancy watching eye bleeding tommy wrights or Stuart McCall’s of this worlds Hearts teams. I hope for better. I think if he can get us through this mess, the one created and driven stubbornly and mercilessly into the ground by Levein then we’ll see big improvements next season. I believe the man has inherited an almighty mess personally. 
It’s hell or high water for me. I’ll never stop harping on about your hero either until he’s run out of hearts for good. 

Absolutely bang on the cash mate 👍

2 minutes ago, bigsuperslim1874 said:

Apparently Sibbick also in papers saying it’s a load of single-fish.

Have they wheeled his sick bed down to Riccarton for training like?

jack D and coke
Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

He was at the fans thing on Sunday there. He’s just not trained. 
Are you Hearts?? **** me. 

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

He was at the fans thing on Sunday there. He’s just not trained. 
Are you Hearts?? **** me. 

He’s not a Hearts supporter. A Hearts detractor maybe, but certainly no supporter. 

bigsuperslim1874
6 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Feck knows mate? Just know he is quoted in the paper!

2 hours ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Did they not claim some of them picked the pockets of the victims? Whatever someone’s football affiliations, I don’t understand people continuing to give money to that publication.

Yes they did. That’s why it’s name is really the Scum.

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

He’s not a Hearts supporter. A Hearts detractor maybe, but certainly no supporter. 

The argument of the intellectually bankrupt. He thinks differently from me, thus he must be Hibs. You are incorrect and any with half a brain would be able to look back at my previous posts and work that out!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

11 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Well said. There is no other way to communicate with people except face to face, so this has to be a lie.

Hopefully one day someone could invent a mobile communication device, where you can speak to someone in a different location. Like a landline telephone but with the ability to be mobile and make / receive calls. 

Who knows what could come after that? Maybe even the possibility to send a message to someone (we could call it a text message) using the same device.

I reckon Naismith and Walker are the only ones in the squad with strong enough personalities to stand up to anyone. Naismith is the captain and Walker has returned to fitness and favour so I just cannot see it...

5 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Well said. There is no other way to communicate with people except face to face, so this has to be a lie.

Hopefully one day someone could invent a mobile communication device, where you can speak to someone in a different location. Like a landline telephone but with the ability to be mobile and make / receive calls. 

Who knows what could come after that? Maybe even the possibility to send a message to someone (we could call it a text message) using the same device.

Surely a player who is training and playing would provide better evidence of what is happening, than a player who isn’t? That seems very logical to me.

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I don’t get into the calling people Hibs on here but I’m seriously doubting quite a few posters atm. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The argument of the intellectually bankrupt. He thinks differently from me, thus he must be Hibs. You are incorrect and any with half a brain would be able to look back at my previous posts and work that out!

Or you could look back at your previous posts and see that you mask has slipped.

I think you’ve spent too much time speaking with Harvey and drinking martinis. 

Just now, Ethan Hunt said:

Or you could look back at your previous posts and see that you mask has slipped.

He's defo not Hibs. 

Nicholas Brody
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Surely a player who is training and playing would provide better evidence of what is happening, than a player who isn’t? That seems very logical to me.

What player was it that gave the evidence in the first place?

10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Think Elwood P is getting a hard time to be honest. 

Outside of Edinburgh Stendel is not very highly rated,  less so than Levein I'd say. 

If you get out of the Hearts camp and talk to fans of other clubs,  they seem quite happy we have gone from one ridiculous extreme to the other whilst gaining even less points per game. 

Leveins time was clearly up in the summer for me,  personally I would have been happy if we had done something back then. 

The timing has been shit but quite frankly Stendel has done little to convince anyone other than those who are desperate for him to be a success for their own egos,  he's the answer. 

Mistakes just keep happening. Time is running out he says. 

Stendel roulette I've seen his team selection named, goes for his tactics too.

Some should swallow pride and admit this is not what they expected. 

There is still time for him but by this juncture,  with pretty much all of our better choices there,  we should have more wins on the board 

I've always held the opinion that a new manager has to piss with the cock he has (so to speak) until he gets his own players in, often that can take 3 transfer windows.

What Stendel has done is come in with his football philosophy and tried to get the current crop to play his way, he got some signings in to help and in Boyce and Sibbick he's got two players I'd class as his types of player the rest look stop gaps and wont be here long. There have been positive signs that his philosophy will work given time, but the big problem is; we don't have time.

What I'd like to see him do is look at the likes Hamilton, Killie, St Johnstone's approach to our games a learn and adapt from that just until the end of the season. He's not abandoning his principles just changing them to suit the circumstances. I'm almost of the mind to forget the games up to the winter break as he was struck with a ridiculous amount of games in a very short period, and if anything was his opportunity to learn about the players and the Scottish game. However since then he's had plenty time to find a winning formula.

For whatever reason the balance is all wrong, that could be players ability, not understanding the system, too many offensive minded players, unfit players whatever the reason he needs to address the glaringly obvious problem of conceding goals. We're capable of scoring which is a vast improvement on the first half of the season (and most of last season) but having to score 3 goals minimum a game is far to big an ask.

I know this might sound ridiculous but I have a feeling we may fare a lot better against the top 6 teams (Celtic away aside) as they will open up against us and we can most certainly exploit gaps. I don't see Hibs Motherwell Rangers for example trying to sit in and hit on the break, they attack and won't change to play us if they do it might work in our favour. Aberdeen will be a draw and I think Ross County look vulnerable at the moment. Livi we'd be as well giving the points and save us the pain as they're set up to beat us.

I like the man Stendel, he brings a positive yet ruthless attitude to the club, but to be a good manager you have to adapt. If we continue without changes we will go down there is no doubt about it. The players confidence is low and simple passes are looking increasingly more difficult for them, Stendel has to give them an option - its ok to punt it every once in a while to give the defence a break for example. When we press we all press and when we need to sit in we do so. Teams expect us to take them game to them, maybe we need to invite them out a bit and try our own counter attacking game, knock there game plan off course for once.

Walker Washington Naismith & Boyce that's quality that no team anywhere near us has so we need to find a way to utilise that quality without giving goals away for free, its time to become hard to beat not time for harlem globetrotter style football - we can have a bit of that next season if we stay up!

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Keep an eye on their transfer rumours regarding Hearts. A much higher success rate than our own Edinburgh Evening News. They definitely have a source at Hearts, even if this story has been ‘over egged’ .

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

A poster yesterday said they’d seen me at Tynecastle at various times over the years ..

Just now, Nicholas Brody said:

One that isn’t playing per chance? If it was any player at all.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

A poster yesterday said they’d seen me at Tynecastle at various times over the years ..

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 With Harvey?😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

alwaysthereinspirit
8 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

:cornette: A text message? What does that even mean. Next you'll be telling us that this mobile speaky thingy will take some type of moving photograph.

3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

The point is that the same could be said about most dressing rooms, however, the exception being the bum cheeks' where it IS all sweetness & light (reportedly).  

9 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

Naismith, who is well placed to provide evidence. Sibbick is not. Not sure what’s controversial about that?

11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

I've always held the opinion that a new manager has to piss with the cock he has (so to speak) until he gets his own players in, often that can take 3 transfer windows.

What Stendel has done is come in with his football philosophy and tried to get the current crop to play his way, he got some signings in to help and in Boyce and Sibbick he's got two players I'd class as his types of player the rest look stop gaps and wont be here long. There have been positive signs that his philosophy will work given time, but the big problem is; we don't have time.

What I'd like to see him do is look at the likes Hamilton, Killie, St Johnstone's approach to our games a learn and adapt from that just until the end of the season. He's not abandoning his principles just changing them to suit the circumstances. I'm almost of the mind to forget the games up to the winter break as he was struck with a ridiculous amount of games in a very short period, and if anything was his opportunity to learn about the players and the Scottish game. However since then he's had plenty time to find a winning formula.

For whatever reason the balance is all wrong, that could be players ability, not understanding the system, too many offensive minded players, unfit players whatever the reason he needs to address the glaringly obvious problem of conceding goals. We're capable of scoring which is a vast improvement on the first half of the season (and most of last season) but having to score 3 goals minimum a game is far to big an ask.

I know this might sound ridiculous but I have a feeling we may fare a lot better against the top 6 teams (Celtic away aside) as they will open up against us and we can most certainly exploit gaps. I don't see Hibs Motherwell Rangers for example trying to sit in and hit on the break, they attack and won't change to play us if they do it might work in our favour. Aberdeen will be a draw and I think Ross County look vulnerable at the moment. Livi we'd be as well giving the points and save us the pain as they're set up to beat us.

I like the man Stendel, he brings a positive yet ruthless attitude to the club, but to be a good manager you have to adapt. If we continue without changes we will go down there is no doubt about it. The players confidence is low and simple passes are looking increasingly more difficult for them, Stendel has to give them an option - its ok to punt it every once in a while to give the defence a break for example. When we press we all press and when we need to sit in we do so. Teams expect us to take them game to them, maybe we need to invite them out a bit and try our own counter attacking game, knock there game plan off course for once.

Walker Washington Naismith & Boyce that's quality that no team anywhere near us has so we need to find a way to utilise that quality without giving goals away for free, its time to become hard to beat not time for harlem globetrotter style football - we can have a bit of that next season if we stay up!

That is an excellent post and sums up our situation and options perfectly.