Sun Article - Dressing Room Split ( club replies )

Bunny Munro

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

The 2nd half collapse against St J must have had Stendel tearing his hair out.  Similarly Hamilton scoring a blatantly offside goal then Claire gifting them another.  These things are beyond Stendel's control.  

I would be disappointed if he hasn't fired a few rockets at them.

Hamilton didn’t score a blatantly offside goal.  Perhaps with VAR he may have been about a toenail off like a few in England this season.  Looked pretty much level though when they froze it on Sportscene.

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Beast Boy

• jack D and coke

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Mr Rabbit said:

Do you not see the irony in the people you use to criticise on here for not being able to be subjective due to their blind hatred of levein is exactly what you’ve become in your blind support of him?

Levein’s record over a longer period than Stendels was no better, Berra was making mistakes on a weekly basis which were costing us points and Whelan was invisible for hearts after a great start.

Stendel no doubt will be partly responsible if we don’t survive relegation however the mismanagement of the club for a longer period has got us to where we are now.

When people discuss Levein like that, they are taking into account all his experience and his entire career, plus his knowledge of Scottish football, the opposing players and managers. Some think a couple of bad seasons wipe all his other decent and sometimes excellent work as a manager, and others think he might be able to summon up the ghost of Leveins past. With Stendel all we have is hope and the positive things we've seen so far, as he is relatively inexperienced in general and very inexperienced in Scotland.

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Reading between the lines:

Snakes -

Damour

Uche

Worms - possible snakes

Garrucio

MacDonald

Pereira

What is it about Uche's time here that makes you think he's that kind of character? Seems at odds with his very likeable persona. As for Garrucio and MacDonald - both given more chances than under Levein and both coming back from injury. Pereira wouldn't have the brass neck surely. Damour maybe, but he's also been unimpressive and you'd think would know that.

5 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Do you not see the irony in the people you use to criticise on here for not being able to be subjective due to their blind hatred of levein is exactly what you’ve become in your blind support of him?

Levein’s record over a longer period than Stendels was no better, Berra was making mistakes on a weekly basis which were costing us points and Whelan was invisible for hearts after a great start.

Stendel no doubt will be partly responsible if we don’t survive relegation however the mismanagement of the club for a longer period has got us to where we are now.

I’m not showing blind support. I am simply saying Levein’s pragmatic approach is more likely to succeed in a relegation battle. Are any of our relegation rivals going all out attack? Hamilton were time wasting before kicked off! The defence is worse without Berra. I’d rather have waited to see how he played with Souttar before shipping him off to Dundee. A half decent man manager would have been able to get the best out of Glenn Whelan. 

4 minutes ago, Space Pirate said:

I'm not saying that the dressing room split is true but Naismith was never going to come out and say

"aye, a lot of us can't be arsed with the manager, he's a bit of a tit"

No, but for him to come out and say that anyone who wasn’t pulling in the same direction as the rest, and would soon find themselves not part of the group was quite telling.

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’m not showing blind support. I am simply saying Levein’s pragmatic approach is more likely to succeed in a relegation battle. Are any of our relegation rivals going all out attack? Hamilton were time wasting before kicked off! The defence is worse without Berra. I’d rather have waited to see how he played with Souttar before shipping him off to Dundee. A half decent man manager would have been able to get the best out of Glenn Whelan. 

This is true but it's a pointless debate. Disagree about Berra. We were leaking goals with him in the team, just in a different way (often big mistakes by him personally). How effective he was was captain also needed to be called into question. Whelan's attitude was suspect to say the least.

31 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Brave man to post this . Would prefer not to compare CL and DS . What I would say is that the safest way out of our current predicament is to play pragmatic , percentage football . Levein style if you like .

Many posts on here hinting/suggesting that without mentioning the L word . Reaction to that is almost medieval .

As I posted before Levein would drag us out of relegation . DS will , hopefully , bounce us out .

Don't know about anyone else but , don't want to say I'm enjoying my football , I'm certainly not bored 

You're right. The pragmatic football was working so well for the last 3 seasons. 

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I thinkthe players are struggling to change. They've played Levein's slow side to side rubbish for so long that they just don't know what to do. They revert to type every opportunity they get.

Yeah that’s what I see on the pitch, still rather pass backwards and sideways as the manager loses the plot on the touch line. A huge clear out is required in the summer no matter what happens.

2 hours ago, Whatever said:

I doubt he’ll have the bollocks to return.

Clearly a fantasist getting off on making up stories to the detriment of HMFC.

If it were up to me defamatory shite like that would result in an instant ban from here. Seems bizarre that you can call someone on here an arse and be sanctioned yet posting lies about the club we all profess to love is fair game.

(And it was lies, as stated his ‘100% of the players’ line was garbage and there will be a few who could back that up)

Here here. I have received a few warnings for posting against another poster... but I would never go against the team or the club!

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Craig Levein wasn’t getting the best out of anyone and hadn’t been for a long time. 

5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is true but it's a pointless debate. Disagree about Berra. We were leaking goals with him in the team, just in a different way (often big mistakes by him personally). How effective he was was captain also needed to be called into question. Whelan's attitude was suspect to say the least.

That much can be said about 90% of the content posted on here!

I would just have taken a more cautious approach and waited to see Souttar and Berra reunited to see if that brought out the best in both of them. The Halkett / Souttar partnership looks doomed to fail. 

10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The Glen Whelan that's in league 1? That made a fuss about training and wouldn't do press conferences.  That team player?

Ex member of the SaS
16 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Hamilton didn’t score a blatantly offside goal.  Perhaps with VAR he may have been about a toenail off like a few in England this season.  Looked pretty much level though when they froze it on Sportscene.

Absolutely not level and a good yard offside. The rule states that any part of the body that you can legitimately play the ball with in a offside position is offside. Ie if your Feet are level with the defender but you are leaning forward and he is leaning back then you are offside ( if that makes sense ) 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

That much can be said about 90% of the content posted on here!

I would just have taken a more cautious approach and waited to see Souttar and Berra reunited to see if that brought out the best in both of them. The Halkett / Souttar partnership looks doomed to fail. 

No-one would have said that a few weeks go. They are or should be our best central defenders. Souttar is coming back from injury and Halkett has proved his worth quite a few times at both ends of the pitch. Both are getting to grips with the new style and as a new partnership. There is zero to suggest Berra would have done better. You need to give Stendel time and some benefit of the doubt, just as you have with Levein. Same with Souttar and Halkett who have still not played as badly as Berra was.

1 minute ago, Redhelen said:

The Glen Whelan that's in league 1? That made a fuss about training and wouldn't do press conferences.  That team player?

I thought you supported Barnsley? 

alwaysthereinspirit
18 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Was he ever onside though from the very beginning of the play when the ball is first played through? Thats been my question since Saturday.

3 hours ago, whodanny said:

The Lochaber Mountain Rescue Team have been busy enough this winter without our lot wandering about on the Ben. Some of the lads looked lost enough on the pitch at Tynie on Saturday, without them roaming around at over 4000 feet in a blizzard.  🏔️ 😄.

Enough of them are unfit or get injured as it is.   I dread to think what climbing Ben Nevis would do to them.  

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

I thought you supported Barnsley? 

I do but he doesn't play for us. I'm only going off what was written about Whelan on here. Its always said Scottish football is better but he's ended up at a league 1 club.  I keep an interest in all the league 1 teams and championship teams. Also league 2 this season cis Swindon are flying high and I've got a soft spot for them. 

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

No-one would have said that a few weeks go. They are or should be our best central defenders. Souttar is coming back from injury and Halkett has proved his worth quite a few times at both ends of the pitch. Both are getting to grips with the new style and as a new partnership. There is zero to suggest Berra would have done better. You need to give Stendel time and some benefit of the doubt, just as you have with Levein. Same with Souttar and Halkett who have still not played as badly as Berra was.

No evidence that any of the players are getting to grips with it. Kilmarnock, Hamilton and St Johnstone have taken eight goals off us!

Folk keep talking about time as if it is in abundance. We could easily lose on Friday and then lose at Easter Road. I honestly don't think we would recover from that.  As previously stated if he'd arrived in the summer we would have been in a position to offer him time and support.  I think a lot of other clubs in our situation would have sacked him, especially English clubs.

16 minutes ago, Whatever said:

No, but for him to come out and say that anyone who wasn’t pulling in the same direction as the rest, and would soon find themselves not part of the group was quite telling.

It will be interesting to see who has suddenly vanished from the group, if anybody. 

I do but he doesn't play for us. I'm only going off what was written about Whelan on here. Its always said Scottish football is better but he's ended up at a league 1 club.  I keep an interest in all the league 1 teams and championship teams. Also league 2 this season cis Swindon are flying high and I've got a soft spot for them. 

If you support Barnsley why are you on a Hearts forum talking about Glenn Whelan? You can let us know how good he is next season if he is still at Fleetwood.

4 hours ago, Armageddon said:

What's this journalistic code of conduct we keep hearing about when it comes to Stewart and Traynor?

Just print any old shite and let it fly - i'd be banning the Sun from Tynie for a start off.

Yup. Like Liverpools approach tbh. 

Print lies get banned. 

I seriously think the club need to take a hard line with the press. Particularly with their non-stop assaults on Cathro, Levein, Macphee and now Stendel. Legitimate criticism? Absolutely. Outright lies? Ban them. 

Maybe with moving toward fan ownership this tact can be taken going forward. 

4 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Was he ever onside though from the very beginning of the play when the ball is first played through? Thats been my question since Saturday.

Im in your club .

Asked the same question on the Highlights thread but no answers.

If you support Barnsley why are you on a Hearts forum talking about Glenn Whelan? You can let us know how good he is next season if he is still at Fleetwood.

Hopefully not but there is that possibility.  Hoping Barton is banged to rights by then though!

5 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Enough of them are unfit or get injured as it is.   I dread to think what climbing Ben Nevis would do to them.  

Hopefully we might lose a few:whistling:

Yes, because every poster here is Hearts fan right enough...

:whistling:

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I don’t have any great affection for Levein, I do feel the need to defend him from a lot of the abuse he gets on here. I am simply advocating that he would be a better option for the current relegation battle. A manager who knows the league, the players and the club. Hamilton had scored 4 goals in their previous 360 minutes of football, we gifted them 2 goals in 16 minutes.

A manager who got us into that relegation  battle in the first place?

if Stendel is not the answer, Levein certainly isn’t. 

Edited by Paolo

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No evidence that any of the players are getting to grips with it. Kilmarnock, Hamilton and St Johnstone have taken eight goals off us!

Folk keep talking about time as if it is in abundance. We could easily lose on Friday and then lose at Easter Road. I honestly don't think we would recover from that.  As previously stated if he'd arrived in the summer we would have been in a position to offer him time and support.  I think a lot of other clubs in our situation would have sacked him, especially English clubs.

Even English clubs would baulk at sacking someone after 11 games or so. There was risk involved in signing this manager, but we're still in the cup and still have plenty of time to escape relegation. Everyone knows if he can't win 3 more pts than Hamilton and St Mirren over the next few months then he definitely was the wrong appointment, or maybe the right appointment at the wrong time. I'd still give him summer and a shot at the Championship though.

Southampton's an example of a club that appointed a very attack-minded German manager. Almost got them relegated in his first half season then made a nightmare start to this one, including losing 9-0. Has changed tactics/formation a bit and is doing better now.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Hopefully not but there is that possibility.  Hoping Barton is banged to rights by then though!

Pretty sure Barnsley are down. How many times have you been off the foot of the table this season?

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah that’s what I see on the pitch, still rather pass backwards and sideways as the manager loses the plot on the touch line. A huge clear out is required in the summer no matter what happens.

Indeed. Souttar will receive the ball when no-one is within 20 metres of him, stop, ignore the opportunity to move into the space and commit opposition players and then end up giving a shit sideways pass to a wide player who is already marked. He’s not the only one. Berra was the same, except he couldn’t even manage the shit sideways pass. Bozanic frequently looked as if he was scared he might turn into a pillar of salt if he turned and faced the wrong way - towards the opposition goal.

Fearful, craven football, which under Levein sometimes led to us going entire matches without having an effort on target worthy of the name. Don’t lose the ball, boys. Except we always do anyway, because the end result of the hesitation is a panicked hoof up the park. Why anyone ever thought this laboured, prehistoric style was going to lead to success, I’ll never know.

AlphonseCapone
21 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Agree, he could have kept it to the expected minimum. "No, we are all working hard blah blah". 

Doesn't matter who they support really, they've been on here for a good few months and contributed some interesting stuff. Judge the content, not the poster. 

FWIW, despite thinking you are crazy previously, I do think you've made some decent points on this thread. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Even English clubs would baulk at sacking someone after 11 games or so. There was risk involved in signing this manager, but we're still in the cup and still have plenty of time to escape relegation. Everyone knows if he can't win 3 more pts than Hamilton and St Mirren over the next few months then he definitely was the wrong appointment. I'd still give him summer and a shot at the Championship though.

Southampton's an example of a club that appointed a very attack-minded German manager. Almost got them relegated in his first half season then made a nightmare start to this one, including losing 9-0. Has changed tactics/formation a bit and is doing better now.

Can you point me in the direction of all this time we have?

3 minutes ago, kila said:

Yes, because every poster here is Hearts fan right enough...

:whistling:

Aren't they?

1 minute ago, leginten said:

Indeed. Souttar will receive the ball when no-one is within 20 metres of him, stop, ignore the opportunity to move into the space and commit opposition players and then end up giving a shit sideways pass to a wide player who is already marked. He’s not the only one. Berra was the same, except he couldn’t even manage the shit sideways pass. Bozanic frequently looked as if he was scared he might turn into a pillar of salt if he turned and faced the wrong way - towards the opposition goal.

Fearful, craven football, which under Levein sometimes led to us going entire matches without having an effort on target worthy of the name. Don’t lose the ball, boys. Except we always do anyway, because the end result of the hesitation is a panicked hoof up the park. Why anyone ever thought this laboured, prehistoric style was going to lead to success, I’ll never know.

Well put 👍

Aren't they?

Well other than the trolls and Hibees at it, there's the resident sheep who I haven't seen for a while, though I'm sure if someone bumps the Aberdeen Stadium thread with some conspiracy he'll come out the woodwork.

AlphonseCapone
Just now, kila said:

Well other than the trolls and Hibees at it, there's the resident sheep who I haven't seen for a while, though I'm sure if someone bumps the Aberdeen Stadium thread with some conspiracy he'll come out the woodwork.

He was on the BBC, Stewart thread today. 

19 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

When people discuss Levein like that, they are taking into account all his experience and his entire career, plus his knowledge of Scottish football, the opposing players and managers. Some think a couple of bad seasons wipe all his other decent and sometimes excellent work as a manager, and others think he might be able to summon up the ghost of Leveins past. With Stendel all we have is hope and the positive things we've seen so far, as he is relatively inexperienced in general and very inexperienced in Scotland.

Whilst there’s nothing that can be taken away from Levein’s career in football that doesn’t make him immune from criticism. Better managers than Levein have been sacked cause of poor form. 

However in regards to Stendel surely that’s the same with every manager. No one knows what will happen so all we would ever has is ‘hope’.

FWIW I think other managers would of picked up more points since Levein left. However I think that if we avoid relegation we have IMO a great chance to play exciting football while challenging up the right end of the table. That’s just an opinion and as of just now I don’t have anything to back it up with.

Pretty sure Barnsley are down. How many times have you been off the foot of the table this season?

Tbh I'm not confident and actually feel a lot better being resigned to our fate. Doesn't stop that bit of hope though!

14 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Would certainly weed out those with dodgy knees, hamstrings etc.

1 hour ago, kila said:

You always post that twitter account like it is gospel.

Accounts like that just want hits and post clickbait like any other and Hearts are an easy story.

Fair point. This account has got some info right lately especially the Michael Stewart stuff.

Naismith interview was interesting especially the comment that anyone who feels that way will be excluded from the group.

Seems very specific tho as if aimed at someone in particular

portobellojambo1
29 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He didn't want to come until the Summer, but the club said they needed him in immediately. It was one of the reasons why he took time off at Christmas. There is a member of his family who, from what I've heard is terminally ill and Stendel wanted to spend time with her and join the club this Summer. He agreed to the club's request that he come immediately but with an agreement that he could go home and spend time with his family over Christmas. If I'm honest I do think that if he had waited until Summer he would be taking over a relegated club. I think it is impossible to say we won't still go down but I do think that if he can get the team playing well in his style we have a chance of staying up. What this change in formation has given to me is the importance of having a decent goalkeeper between the sticks. Maybe it is because we have has a few good keepers over the time I've been following the club that the position didn't seem overly important to me. But when you cast your mind back to the one or two that were really poor and the quality of the goalkeepers at present maybe I should have paid more attention. While I accept you don't see it and therefore reject it I do feel sorry for Stendel, football players should never struggle with playing attacking football, but our whole way for the last number of years has been to try not to lose (without great success) games rather than looknig to win them. You are right, in that other teams at the bottom end of the league won't look to attack and that is a huge reflection on us in that you are indirectly suggesting Stendel should be playing in the same manner as them as he has inherited a shit awful football team, similar to the other sides fighting for survival.

Edited by portobellojambo1

32 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You weren’t in your post however you’ve posted multiple times on multiple threads about your doubts of Stendel and your support of Levein.

Whilst a pragmatic approach is likely to mean we ship less goals it also means we’re less likely to score, which was a big problem under levein. Also there’s no evidence to suggest he would be better because up until this season Levein never had us playing in the relegation zone. Only in his last 10 months did his form, against all teams, suffer.

Nope but our relegation rivals don’t have Boyce and Naismith to attack with. Also the defence is shipping more goals due to the style, which I agree is a massive risk. Stendel tried Berra in this role before he left and our form was worse than it has been under souttar and Halkett. The whelan comment is a strange one as Levein didn’t manage to get the best out of him other than a couple of games?!

In both cases do you believe we should have just persisted with two players who were clearly not playing well or offering anything to the team? All on the basis of what they’ve done in the past?

Seymour M Hersh
4 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Never thought I’d say this but I’m far more inclined to believe the Sun’s story than I am the club rebuttal of it.

Why doesn't this surprise me. 

5 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

He didn't want to come until the Summer, but the club said they needed him in immediately. It was one of the reasons why he took time off at Christmas. There is a member of his family who, from what I've heard is terminally ill and Stendel wanted to spend time with her and join the club this Summer. He agreed to the club's request that he come immediately but with an agreement that he could go home and spend time with his family over Christmas. If I'm honest I do think that if he had waited until Summer he would be taking over a relegated club. I think it is impossible to say we won't still go down but I do think that if he can get the team playing well in his style we have a chance of staying up. What this change in formation has given to me is the importance of having a decent goalkeeper between the sticks. Maybe it is because we have has a few good keepers over the time I've been following the club that the position didn't seem overly important to me. But when you cast your mind back to the one or two that were really poor and the quality of the goalkeepers at present maybe I should have paid more attention. While I accept you don't see it and therefore reject it I do feel sorry for Stendel, football players should never struggle with playing attacking football, but our whole way for the last number of years has been to try not to lose (without great success) games rather than looknig to win them. You are right, in that other teams at the bottom end of the league won't look to attack and that is a huge reflection on us in that you are indirectly suggesting Stendel should be playing in the same manner as them as he has inherited a shit awful football team, similar to the other sides fighting for survival.

We should have moved straight onto our next target and let him spend time with his dying family member, if that is true.

I don't think the squad is shit at all, they just aren't in any way suited to Stendel's style. I think they are more than good enough to stay up if played correctly. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

You weren’t in your post however you’ve posted multiple times on multiple threads about your doubts of Stendel and your support of Levein.

Whilst a pragmatic approach is likely to mean we ship less goals it also means we’re less likely to score, which was a big problem under levein. Also there’s no evidence to suggest he would be better because up until this season Levein never had us playing in the relegation zone. Only in his last 10 months did his form, against all teams, suffer.

Nope but our relegation rivals don’t have Boyce and Naismith to attack with. Also the defence is shipping more goals due to the style, which I agree is a massive risk. Stendel tried Berra in this role before he left and our form was worse than it has been under souttar and Halkett. The whelan comment is a strange one as Levein didn’t manage to get the best out of him other than a couple of games?!

In both cases do you believe we should have just persisted with two players who were clearly not playing well or offering anything to the team? All on the basis of what they’ve done in the past?

We've barely scored more goals since Stendel arrived.

Berra was in the SPFL team of the week for his Dundee debut. I would have seen how he performed with Souttar back fit. They always complimented each other very well.

41 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

This he was off for the first forward pass AND the second. 

We've barely scored more goals since Stendel arrived.

Berra was in the SPFL team of the week for his Dundee debut. I would have seen how he performed with Souttar back fit. They always complimented each other very well.

I’ve not got the stats but ‘barely’ is still more.

That doesn’t make him better it just means he’s had a good game. Berra has been an absolute colossus for us on occasion, since his return, however he has been regressing since his injury last season. However saying that I think he would be an asset if we got relegated as I think he could still do a job in the championship, which he’s showing with Dundee. 

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We should have moved straight onto our next target and let him spend time with his dying family member, if that is true.

I don't think the squad is shit at all, they just aren't in any way suited to Stendel's style. I think they are more than good enough to stay up if played correctly. 

Its difficult to suggest that players are on the one hand are good enough to stay up or in your words not 'shit at all', whilst employing a caveat stating the need for said players to be played in a specific style. They played in a predominantly defensive style and were plummeting towards the championship, they are now playing an attacking style, same outcome at the moment. What would be the preferred style to accommodate the players at our disposal just now do you think? This is not an attack on you, just a mere observation and I would genuinely be interested in your response.

SuperstarSteve

Sun make up nonsense. 

Club confirm it’s nonsense 

ban them. I’m no understanding  why the club haven’t or won’t do it. 

Albeit it’s Possibly not as simple as i’m thinking .