Sun Article - Dressing Room Split ( club replies )

Bunny Munro

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr Elwood P

• Beast Boy

• jack D and coke

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

All about opinions gentlemen. I believe with all the players fit Levein would have managed to win more points than Stendel over the last 11 games. The players aren’t suited to the new system and we need to be battling for points and grinding out wins. I appreciate that Levein had lost too much support to stay on long term but I would much rather have Levein and Berra in there for a relegation dogfight. I would also add Whelan to that who spent his entire career fighting relegation from the EPL. 

HIBS 

31 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

He didn't want to come until the Summer, but the club said they needed him in immediately. It was one of the reasons why he took time off at Christmas. There is a member of his family who, from what I've heard is terminally ill and Stendel wanted to spend time with her and join the club this Summer. He agreed to the club's request that he come immediately but with an agreement that he could go home and spend time with his family over Christmas. If I'm honest I do think that if he had waited until Summer he would be taking over a relegated club. I think it is impossible to say we won't still go down but I do think that if he can get the team playing well in his style we have a chance of staying up. What this change in formation has given to me is the importance of having a decent goalkeeper between the sticks. Maybe it is because we have has a few good keepers over the time I've been following the club that the position didn't seem overly important to me. But when you cast your mind back to the one or two that were really poor and the quality of the goalkeepers at present maybe I should have paid more attention. While I accept you don't see it and therefore reject it I do feel sorry for Stendel, football players should never struggle with playing attacking football, but our whole way for the last number of years has been to try not to lose (without great success) games rather than looknig to win them. You are right, in that other teams at the bottom end of the league won't look to attack and that is a huge reflection on us in that you are indirectly suggesting Stendel should be playing in the same manner as them as he has inherited a shit awful football team, similar to the other sides fighting for survival.

If that illness had been diagnosed while he was still with us it could explain some of his feeling so upset with the board at the time of his sacking. 

25 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I’ve not got the stats but ‘barely’ is still more.

That doesn’t make him better it just means he’s had a good game. Berra has been an absolute colossus for us on occasion, since his return, however he has been regressing since his injury last season. However saying that I think he would be an asset if we got relegated as I think he could still do a job in the championship, which he’s showing with Dundee. 

He was also playing in the Championship. 

pettigrewsstylist
46 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Fair point. This account has got some info right lately especially the Michael Stewart stuff.

Naismith interview was interesting especially the comment that anyone who feels that way will be excluded from the group.

Seems very specific tho as if aimed at someone in particular

Naismiths very specific comment suggests no smoke without fire. Wonder if its Perreira.......

30 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I don't think the squad is shit at all, they just aren't in any way suited to Stendel's style. I think they are more than good enough to stay up if played correctly. 

What style are they suited to play then?

Levein's style clearly didn't work for them as that's what took us to the bottom of the table with the year 2019 being truly awful for league form.

The high backline is a weakness and should be drawn back a little bit, but Stendel's style has us scoring goals and continuing to fight back from behind. And like Levein, he is having to deal with injuries. What a difference Sibbick would've made, Smith, Hickey, Halkett and Boyce being fully fit would help too.

I think the main difference we'll see with Stendel is that he won't be stubborn like Levein. He's a risk because he doesn't know the Scottish league but he is learning and adapting.

24 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

Its difficult to suggest that players are on the one hand are good enough to stay up or in your words not 'shit at all', whilst employing a caveat stating the need for said players to be played in a specific style. They played in a predominantly defensive style and were plummeting towards the championship, they are now playing an attacking style, same outcome at the moment. What would be the preferred style to accommodate the players at our disposal just now do you think? This is not an attack on you, just a mere observation and I would genuinely be interested in your response.

You need very fast and athletic defenders to play such a high line. We don’t and will either need to adapt our system or accept our fate.

1 hour ago, Ari Gold said:

You're right. The pragmatic football was working so well for the last 3 seasons. 

Did you actually read my post ?

Sorry , stupid question . 

1 minute ago, kila said:

What style are they suited to play then?

Levein's style clearly didn't work for them as that's what took us to the bottom of the table with the year 2019 being truly awful for league form.

The high backline is a weakness and should be drawn back a little bit, but Stendel's style has us scoring goals and continuing to fight back from behind. And like Levein, he is having to deal with injuries. What a difference Sibbick would've made, Smith, Hickey, Halkett and Boyce being fully fit would help too.

I think the main difference we'll see with Stendel is that he won't be stubborn like Levein. He's a risk because he doesn't know the Scottish league but he is learning and adapting.

A more pragmatic approach. See above.

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, kila said:

:laugh:

Leveinbot 2.0

Each to their own. To be fair, this version tries to argue their case. The other bot was simply a troll.

7 minutes ago, kila said:

:laugh:

Leveinbot 2.0

4 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

you’re Craig Levein then. One or the other.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Each to their own. To be fair, this version tries to argue their case. The other bot was simply a troll.

I’m not necessarily arguing for Craig Levein now, more than we need a change of system under Stendel or change manager (again). 

Is nobody concerned that we were a point or so behind Hibs, we’re still at the foot of the table, whilst Hibs are looking up at 3rd as a realistic target? Nothing separated the two teams, we had just won the Edinburgh Derby. They now sit 17 points above us!

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I’m not necessarily arguing for Craig Levein now, more than we need a change of system under Stendel or change manager (again). 

Is nobody concerned that we were a point or so behind Hibs, we’re still at the foot of the table, whilst Hibs are looking up at 3rd as a realistic target? Nothing separated the two teams, we had just won the Edinburgh Derby. They now sit 17 points above us!

Actually, no, because our focus is making sure we get out of this fecking mess that was concocted by the man you are singing the bloody praises of!

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Only thing I am concerned about is avoiding relegation. Couldn't care about Hibs and how many points they are ahead given the problems at Hearts and what Stendel is having to sort.

Strange you would want to keep reminding us of where Hibs are in the league.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, leginten said:

Indeed. Souttar will receive the ball when no-one is within 20 metres of him, stop, ignore the opportunity to move into the space and commit opposition players and then end up giving a shit sideways pass to a wide player who is already marked. He’s not the only one. Berra was the same, except he couldn’t even manage the shit sideways pass. Bozanic frequently looked as if he was scared he might turn into a pillar of salt if he turned and faced the wrong way - towards the opposition goal.

Fearful, craven football, which under Levein sometimes led to us going entire matches without having an effort on target worthy of the name. Don’t lose the ball, boys. Except we always do anyway, because the end result of the hesitation is a panicked hoof up the park. Why anyone ever thought this laboured, prehistoric style was going to lead to success, I’ll never know.

Not only that they want to go back to it, be more defensive, who knows how anyone can get a tune out of this squad but going ultra defensive certainly isn’t it.

Pasquale for King
Just now, kila said:

Only thing I am concerned about is avoiding relegation. Couldn't care about Hibs and how many points they are ahead given the problems at Hearts and what Stendel is having to sort.

Yet when they made up an 11 point deficit last season it didn’t matter somehow? As you say it’s all about our survival and who gives a **** where they finish this season.

3 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Actually, no, because our focus is making sure we get out of this fecking mess that was concocted by the man you are singing the bloody praises of!

2 minutes ago, kila said:

Playing the high line is contributing to our fate, not improving the situation. 

13 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You need very fast and athletic defenders to play such a high line. We don’t and will either need to adapt our system or accept our fate.

I understand that, in fact, I alluded to the problems continuing using the current system. However, we adopted an extremely cautious approach under Levein. Do you think we need to meet somewhere in the middle between Levein and Stendel, at least in the interim?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Maybe so, and Stendel will be judged on that. However, there is no point even thinking of reversing out of that appointment until the end of the season and that should only happen if we go down. The idea of bringing Levein back is arrant nonsense, unless you fancy sitting inside the ground on your own.

If the wind will not serve, take to the oars.

alwaysthereinspirit

Right now I would take making the play off. I so want to believe we'll be so far ahead of 11th come the end of season we'll all laugh about these type of threads. 

Unfortunately the league table right now doesnt lie. 

12 minutes ago, jambo_74 said:

I understand that, in fact, I alluded to the problems continuing using the current system. However, we adopted an extremely cautious approach under Levein. Do you think we need to meet somewhere in the middle between Levein and Stendel, at least in the interim?

Probably the best bet ...

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Whilst there’s nothing that can be taken away from Levein’s career in football that doesn’t make him immune from criticism. Better managers than Levein have been sacked cause of poor form. 

However in regards to Stendel surely that’s the same with every manager. No one knows what will happen so all we would ever has is ‘hope’.

FWIW I think other managers would of picked up more points since Levein left. However I think that if we avoid relegation we have IMO a great chance to play exciting football while challenging up the right end of the table. That’s just an opinion and as of just now I don’t have anything to back it up with.

Same, and I think Budge made that appointment with what a lot of fans want in mind, which makes the continued criticism of her from the folk demanding better football especially weird.

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I thought you supported Barnsley? 

Really someone makes a valid point about Whelan? And rather than accept defeat, and admit you are wrong that's your response. 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Really someone makes a valid point about Whelan? And rather than accept defeat, and admit you are wrong that's your response. 

What was the valid point?

Essentially you'll believe this if you want to believe it. The captain denies it. the club denies it. Folk say, "He would say that wouldn't he"? Same with the club. I've seen Hearts teams trying to get managers sacked. This doesn't look like one to me.

46 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

He was also playing in the Championship. 

I wasn’t sure if it was a cup game so didn’t mention it 🤷‍♂️

Geoff Kilpatrick
8 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Essentially you'll believe this if you want to believe it. The captain denies it. the club denies it. Folk say, "He would say that wouldn't he"? Same with the club. I've seen Hearts teams trying to get managers sacked. This doesn't look like one to me.

Indeed. Personally, I'm apathetic as to whether there is any truth or not. If the unthinkable does happen, every single person connected to the club will be on the receiving end from the supporters.

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Same, and I think Budge made that appointment with what a lot of fans want in mind, which makes the continued criticism of her from the folk demanding better football especially weird.

Football fans are fickle, Hearts fans are no different. There’s so much contradiction on this board alone.

Unfortunately the go to for most fans when things don’t go well is to sack someone regardless if it’s the exact thing they’ve asked for.

Bazzas right boot
20 hours ago, Barack said:

Levein's signings having to work for a living. :wow:

****ing put the head down, shut the **** up, put some pride in your performances, and get us out the ****ing hole you've dug for yourselves.

Bit of this, bit also seeing guys like Donis and langer come straight in and Jp keep his spot must demotivate. 

Also, if you aren't fast, you aren't suddenly going to become fast so maybe the tactics could cause an issue if a manager is insisting players do things that are un natural and are  not helping you play better. 

12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What was the valid point?

That Whelan never gave a **** about Hearts, and trained when he wanted.

On top of that what makes him so special, to be refusing interviews etc. 

^^^^ thought he was a big time Charlie, a s*** version of Joey Barton. 

The **** does he think he is only training part time, do you know how demoralising that would've been, for the likes of the young players looking up to an experienced pro. 

Don't put all the blame on his door though, whoever agreed to that clause, for one weren't thinking about the clubs best interests, virtually shafting the club with no vaseline. 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

We've barely scored more goals since Stendel arrived.

Berra was in the SPFL team of the week for his Dundee debut. I would have seen how he performed with Souttar back fit. They always complimented each other very well.

We are scoring more goals now under Stendel. It took him a few weeks to get to know the squad, and them to know him, but we are scoring now. 3 in Perth, 2 v Killie, 2 v Rangers, 5 v Airdrie, 1 v Falkirk, and 2 v Hamilton recently. Yes we failed to score at Parkhead and in Dingwall, but we are undoubtedly now scoring more goals.

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

That Whelan never gave a **** about Hearts, and trained when he wanted.

On top of that what makes him so special, to be refusing interviews etc. 

^^^^ thought he was a big time Charlie, a s*** version of Joey Barton. 

The **** does he think he is only training part time, do you know how demoralising that would've been, for the likes of the young players looking up to an experienced pro. 

Don't put all the blame on his door though, whoever agreed to that clause, for one weren't thinking about the clubs best interests, virtually shafting the club with no vaseline. 

How would a Barnsley fan know anything about Whelan’s time at Hearts? Think you need to re read this thread as well!

Just now, Mr Elwood P said:

How would a Barnsley fan know anything about Whelan’s time at Hearts? Think you need to re read this thread as well!

You seriously aren't that thick are you?. 

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

You seriously aren't that thick are you?. 

No idea what you’re talking about. Watching the football. Go and annoy someone else.

5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No idea what you’re talking about. Watching the football. Go and annoy someone else.

How would a Barnsley fan know anything about Whelan’s time at Hearts?

Well considering their ex manager is now our manager, and there is two or three of them taken an interest to us. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How would a Barnsley fan know anything about Whelan’s time at Hearts?

Well considering their ex manager is now our manager, and there is two or three of them taken an interest to us. 

Don't fall for it.

He just argues for the sake of it.

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Don't fall for it.

He just argues for the sake of it.

How the Mods let him away with it, It's quite clear he's at it. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How the Mods let him away with it, It's quite clear he's at it. 

Best ignored chief, not worth getting yourself annoyed about

2 hours ago, Redhelen said:

Hopefully not but there is that possibility.  Hoping Barton is banged to rights by then though!

Has Barton been convicted for assaulting Stendel??

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Why doesn't this surprise me. 

Equally amazed to see you blindly defending the club, which you’ll continue to do until relegation occurs (and probably afterwards too).

People asked why we don’t ban the Sun - probably because there are elements of truth to this story and the club are wary of being called out.

4 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Watch me get quoted in the Sun, "Uche and Souttar with vicious backstabbing plot against Stendel" an ex bootlegging gangster close to the club has revealed. 

That’ll get the Record interested too. They love glorifying depraved murderous scumbags.