*** St Midden v Heart Of Midlothian - Rescheduled for 11/3 ***

JamboPete

1 hour ago, redjambo said:

I think that it's disgraceful and disrespectful that our next opponents have been described in the title of this thread as "St Midden".

It should have been St Liedown. That Love Street display will never be forgotten, and it will give me every satisfaction if we can contribute to their relegation from this league.

Let's get right into them!!!

:yas:   Come on Hearts, into these cheating b@stards.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

22 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Wonder if he will drop naisy and play Boyce and Washington 

All three.

4 -1 Hearts (Naismith, Washington (2) and Marlene)

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Plenty wind about again. Mistakes could decide it

..and potentially, snow.  window of better weather closing now.  Back to the shitty stuff.

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Plenty wind about again. Mistakes could decide it

There will be very little wind in Paisley if you go by the forecasts

Rain most likely but only a moderate breeze in the evening..around 3 degrees though might feel colder

I don't think the weather will impact greatly on this fixture..it's not as if we don't play when it rains

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Of course, Hearts have never won a game in a Scottish winter.

I'd dispute that. 

The Muffin Man
2 hours ago, Hairdryer said:

Good luck Hearts don’t let us down or we are down.🇱🇻

Even if we get beat tomorrow we’ll make up those 3 points when the bottom 6 vermin filth visit Tynecastle.

Walter Bishop
12 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

You do realise that they are run by a gangster with a truly vicious reputation yes??

😂😂😂😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
27 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

There will be very little wind in Paisley if you go by the forecasts

Rain most likely but only a moderate breeze in the evening..around 3 degrees though might feel colder

I don't think the weather will impact greatly on this fixture..it's not as if we don't play when it rains

Strong winds and light rain showers BBC reports. 

You will understand if I know longer trust your misinformation  :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

don’t think he’s missed a game either 

Certainly made a difference it seems. Probably still the right thing to do but glad he's been doing well it appears. Not easy to be thrown aside 

10 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Certainly made a difference it seems. Probably still the right thing to do but glad he's been doing well it appears. Not easy to be thrown aside 

yep. Agree, it was the right thing to do and seriously hopefully he is enjoying his football again. Times a healer and he couldn’t of been enjoying it here at the end. Glad to see him doing well

Fully agree re Berra.  Great servant for us and wish him every success.  Who's to say he won't be back one day in some capacity.

I feel exactly the same about levein.  A true giant who gave of his best in every role.  His failure as a manager, Director, certainly wasn't down to lack of effort.

I hope that in time to come they will both be welcome back at Tynecastle.

People of their calibre don't grow on trees.

6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Fully agree re Berra.  Great servant for us and wish him every success.  Who's to say he won't be back one day in some capacity.

I feel exactly the same about levein.  A true giant who gave of his best in every role.  His failure as a manager, Director, certainly wasn't down to lack of effort.

Top post. Totally agree.

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Is Clare out injured? Missed the diagnosis. He’ll be a big loss if so.

Touch and go I think, shame if he is out as been one of best players under Daniel.  Tonight is massive, actually cannot wait for this.

Forever Hearts
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Well you say Levein didn't fail through a lack of effort. If the rumours are true that he used to appear at training on a Friday and pick the team then I'd say he very much did fail through a lack of effort. And I stress IF the rumours are true. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Really frustrating that won’t be able to watch this one, particularly as the original fixture was to be televised. Even Hearts TV can’t show it for us international subscribers 

the rule about clashing with Champs League really is a nonsense. If Man City v Arsenal had gone ahead tonight it was going to be televised and the clubs/league/sky were just going to pay the menial fine which is about £30k. So the law really is an ass because it allows the richer clubs to flout the rule without any meaningful punishment and a City v Arsenal game would have taken more potential persons from CL viewing more than St Mirren v Hearts! 

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Dusk_Till_Dawn
34 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Well you say Levein didn't fail through a lack of effort. If the rumours are true that he used to appear at training on a Friday and pick the team then I'd say he very much did fail through a lack of effort. And I stress IF the rumours are true. 

Even I can’t be assed to argue about Levein anymore

9 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Really frustrating that won’t be able to watch this one, particularly as the original fixture was to be televised. Even Hearts TV can’t show it for us international subscribers 

the rule about clashing with Champs League really is a nonsense. If Man City v Arsenal had gone ahead tonight it was going to be televised and the clubs/league/sky were just going to pay the menial fine which is about £30k. So the law really is an ass because it allows the richer clubs to flout the rule without any meaningful punishment and a City v Arsenal game would have taken more potential persons from CL viewing more than St Mirren v Hearts! 

It absolutely is a nonsense. Wouldn’t peek out my back curtains if there was a CL game in my back garden, if I could watch my own team instead. UEFA are literally encouraging people to be glory hunters. The money rich clubs of Europe have stolen enough supporters from the less rich leagues.

Heartsofgold
Just now, Special Officer Doofy said:

It absolutely is a nonsense. Wouldn’t peek out my back curtains if there was a CL game in my back garden, if I could watch my own team instead. UEFA are literally encouraging people to be glory hunters. The money rich clubs of Europe have stolen enough supporters from the less rich leagues.

And that’s the problem for the beaks at UEFA. They risk losing the TV audience and therefore advertising income if other games are shown on tv/streaming. Wankers the lot of them. 

1 minute ago, Heartsofgold said:

And that’s the problem for the beaks at UEFA. They risk losing the TV audience and therefore advertising income if other games are shown on tv/streaming. Wankers the lot of them. 

Whole set up reeks.

Heartsofgold
3 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Whole set up reeks.

Always has. If you want to play in the big money games you have to play by their rules. 

Absolute Scenes
11 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Berra has fixed Dundee defence in other news.

In a lower league i'd expect that

Not good enough for Hearts now, despite our position

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
11 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

If they properly enforced their rule then fair enough (e.g. we’ll kick your clubs out of our competitions if you televise games at the same time as our games) but the fines they impose are not proportionate or dissuasive when the tv money far outstrips it 

19 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

It isn’t a CL rule based decision. The original game was to be on BT Sport. They have CL games tonight so decided not to go to the expense of showing an SPFL game at the same time. Pretty sure UEFA had nothing to do with it. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Zlamal

Smith Halkett Dikamona Hickey

Damour Irving Bozanic

Washington Boyce Naismith

That midfield will result in a home win sadly. Too lightweight and will be bullied 

Just now, PTBCAL said:

That midfield will result in a home win sadly. Too lightweight and will be bullied 

Three central midfielders with the front three pressing or nasimith and washington dropping back wide were my thoughts. Who would you play bud?

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It isn’t a CL rule based decision. The original game was to be on BT Sport. They have CL games tonight so decided not to go to the expense of showing an SPFL game at the same time. Pretty sure UEFA had nothing to do with it. 

Okay, fair enough. So why is it not on Hearts TV international for abroad based supporters?

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Yip.

Taking the upcoming sheep game as an example, does anyone think BT have our interests at heart ?

Glad I binned that and SKY a good while ago.

3 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Crucial we score first. An early goal would be ideal. 

Indeed. Would be nice to do what other teams have been doing to us at Tynecastle in the early stages.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/why-hearts-game-st-mirren-not-tv-how-fans-can-watch-full-game-2441509

Heartsofgold
30 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

If they properly enforced their rule then fair enough (e.g. we’ll kick your clubs out of our competitions if you televise games at the same time as our games) but the fines they impose are not proportionate or dissuasive when the tv money far outstrips it 

100% agree. The TV broadcast rule are there and should be followed. Doesn’t matter if yo have the money to pay the fine. 

11 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

St Mirren fans are losing patience with Goodwin so if we managed to get the first goal it would be massive.

Rogue Daddy
20 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

Absolutely. Not something we've done much of this season. When we have recently (Hibs & Rangers)... it makes a difference. We don't look like we are going to get beat, you can see the confidence it gives us.

There is something to be said for our fight-back qualities however... but scoring first makes a big difference. If we score first tonight we'll score 3 or 4.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
10 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Absolutely. Not something we've done much of this season. When we have recently (Hibs & Rangers)... it makes a difference. We don't look like we are going to get beat, you can see the confidence it gives us.

There is something to be said for our fight-back qualities however... but scoring first makes a big difference. If we score first tonight we'll score 3 or 4.

yep. Didn’t help in the home

games v Mwell, Hamilton, and Killie that we were chasing the game at HT. 

8 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I thought his fanboys told us to move on from Levein? 🤔

Psychedelicropcircle

The bbc saying we’ll be four points adrift if we are defeated tonight...top investigative journalism as per!

47 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Three central midfielders with the front three pressing or nasimith and washington dropping back wide were my thoughts. Who would you play bud?

im not disagreeing with it due to available personnel but it worries me in terms of physicality tbh 

6 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

The bbc saying we’ll be four points adrift if we are defeated tonight...top investigative journalism as per!

we will be 

Hamilton 4 points ahead  

Forever Hearts
9 minutes ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

It's true. 

Ernie Eskilsson
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Zlamal

Smith Halkett Dikamona Hickey

Damour Irving Bozanic

Washington Boyce Naismith

Swap Walker for Naismith and I’d be happy..