*** St Midden v Heart Of Midlothian - Rescheduled for 11/3 ***

JamboPete

10 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

im not disagreeing with it due to available personnel but it worries me in terms of physicality tbh 

Not seen too much of Sibbick but if he's fit could maybe give us a bit energy and drive in there.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

38 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Absolutely. Not something we've done much of this season. When we have recently (Hibs & Rangers)... it makes a difference. We don't look like we are going to get beat, you can see the confidence it gives us.

There is something to be said for our fight-back qualities however... but scoring first makes a big difference. If we score first tonight we'll score 3 or 4.

Exactly. Can’t be giving teams a head start.

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Three central midfielders with the front three pressing or nasimith and washington dropping back wide were my thoughts. Who would you play bud?

Definitely wouldn't be playing Irving, ideally a fit Sibbick , if not Langer . 

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Can see this being a draw

I dont think so. A win is needed for us, they could live with a point. We'll be going for it leaving us open to the counter!! 5-4 to the jam tarts. Can't wait.

Psychedelicropcircle
41 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

we will be 

Hamilton 4 points ahead  

Just ignore this blowhard I’m forgetting it’s a single fixture 😩

Just now, heartsfc_fan said:

Can see this being a draw

Likewise.

11/5.

Put some shekels on it but would be delighted if we won and lose my stake.

It will be cagey !

annushorribilis III

Our gegenpressing game may not be required tonight as I expect St Celtic to sit back and hit on the break.  I think we're in for a long , frustrating night, lots of possession and the usual lack of creativity. Fingers crossed we can get the first goal. 

14 minutes ago, Boab said:

Likewise.

11/5.

Put some shekels on it but would be delighted if we won and lose my stake.

It will be cagey !

It's going to be touch and go tonight. A nervey game probably resulting in a draw at FT. Still hoping it will be a resounding win for The Famous 3-1.

I’d expect something along these lines with Naismith or Boyce starting and the other on the bench

Bobby

Smith, Halkett, Dikamona, Hickey

Damour, Bozanic 

Walker/Clare, Naismith/Boyce, Moore

Washington

Ibrahim Tall

Think it’s pretty critical we win this game tonight by a couple goals tbh, there’s a decent chance this could be one of the last games before atleast some kind of ‘suspension’ takes place with the way things are going. We really can’t afford to be ‘bottom’ when that scenario plays out. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I’d expect something along these lines with Naismith or Boyce starting and the other on the bench

Bobby

Damour, Bozanic 

Washington

Expect Clare and Naismith tonight over Walker and Boyce who took head knocks. 

Hopefully Clare has just a niggling problem rather anything troublesome but learning to fear the worst is an asset for a Hearts fan 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Think it’s pretty critical we win this game tonight by a couple goals tbh, there’s a decent chance this could be one of the last games before atleast some kind of ‘suspension’ takes place with the way things are going. We really can’t afford to be ‘bottom’ when that scenario plays out. 

Nowhere near a suspension according to a senior official on the news last night,  currently well contained in UK

GorgieFifeLife
15 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

I wish people would stop peddling this myth.  Ignore the media sensationalism.  We will need hundreds more cases in Scotland before this is a consideration.

Hector Riva
19 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Bobby

Damour, Bozanic 

Washington

Yeah Like that team

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

I wish people would stop peddling this myth.  Ignore the media sensationalism.  We will need hundreds more cases in Scotland before this is a consideration.

Half cup full attitude.

👍

TyphoonJambo
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

It isn’t a CL rule based decision. The original game was to be on BT Sport. They have CL games tonight so decided not to go to the expense of showing an SPFL game at the same time. Pretty sure UEFA had nothing to do with it. 

Laurie on the Hearts tv thread says otherwise. 

Jambof3tornado
19 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Correct. What we do need is people to learn to cover their bloody mouths when coughing, and washing their hands, the number of folk who dont even do this after going to the bogs is shocking( not just from a covid point of view).

It will get worse before it gets better and more access to testing will see more positive results come in but I still think we will get off lightly.

23 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Totally agree. It’s not something to be taken lightly at all but we’re nowhere near the numbers yet for drastic measures 

Heres Rixxy
17 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Laurie on the Hearts tv thread says otherwise. 

You can go ahead and ignore the UEFA rules and get fined instead, which is how the City Arsenal game was going to be broadcast tonight. In Scotland, clubs cannot afford this and BT wouldn't want to backhand it. 

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Heres Rixxy said:

You can go ahead and ignore the UEFA rules and get fined instead, which is how the City Arsenal game was going to be broadcast tonight. In Scotland, clubs cannot afford this and BT wouldn't want to backhand it. 

Would have been nice if Sky picked it up as they knew yesterday that the Arsenal/Man City game was postponed. Ok ok, I know. Pie in the sky thinking from me

GorgieRules22
50 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

We only need to win by a goal to come off the bottom.

I need to drive from Edinburgh tonight. What time does the M8 start getting a little quieter? i.e. should I hang off and leave at 6.15pm or is it better just leaving at 5.30pm and accept i'll be stuck in traffic?

15 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I need to drive from Edinburgh tonight. What time does the M8 start getting a little quieter? i.e. should I hang off and leave at 6.15pm or is it better just leaving at 5.30pm and accept i'll be stuck in traffic?

I would leave at 5.30 , I’m going straight from work about 5 . Better to be early imo mate

It still concerns me how we start these type of games.  Last 3 have been big occasions with two at home. Away derbies don’t need motivation.  

Players need to be right on it mentally. No sloppy start or lack of threat early doors.  We need to get into the game quickly.  

11 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Fully agree re Berra.  Great servant for us and wish him every success.  Who's to say he won't be back one day in some capacity.

I feel exactly the same about levein.  A true giant who gave of his best in every role.  His failure as a manager, Director, certainly wasn't down to lack of effort.

I hope that in time to come they will both be welcome back at Tynecastle.

People of their calibre don't grow on trees.

Well said, Doug.

alicante jambo

32 pages and the game has not even kicked off. 2-0 hearts. The initial cancellation will turn out to be a godsend for us and its onwards and upwards now.

Jambof3tornado
25 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Sibbick still out - source DS 

Very disappointment although when he wasn't even on the bench the other day I doubted his inclusion for tonight.

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Obviously we want to move up the table as quickly as possible but the only time we "can't afford" to be bottom is after the final whistle on the last day of the season

St Mirren website saying hearts fans can purchase tickets tonight for away end. I’ve contacted hearts and they are awaiting confirmation from st mirren. 

For those looking for spares

John Findlay

Play with no fear Hearts. Do not be afraid of winning. Do not have a fear of not losing. St Mirren play in Green and White🤣.

COME ON THE HEARTS

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Play with no fear Hearts. Do not be afraid of winning. Do not have a fear of not losing. St Mirren play in Green and White🤣.

COME ON THE HEARTS

:yas:

jack D and coke

Surely no more errors tonight? A focused and determined performance ffs Hearts....😬

I have no idea what to expect. Again...

4 minutes ago, Chris#9 said:

St Mirren website saying hearts fans can purchase tickets tonight for away end. I’ve contacted hearts and they are awaiting confirmation from st mirren. 

For those looking for spares

Sounds like it’s going to be like a home game for Hearts.

Hope the players don’t let down the incredible support tonight.

3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Surely no more errors tonight? A focused and determined performance ffs Hearts....😬

I have no idea what to expect. Again...

No one does !!

The game is absolutely massive and will make or break the rest of this season. I just cant see us staying up if we dont get at least 1point.

I have the fear of the usual errors and lacklustre performance.

oldcastlerock

St Mirren website confirms sell out for Hearts supporters

Tickets for the away end are sold out so now away end tickets will be available this evening.

alwaysthereinspirit
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

We are due to give someone an absolute spanking......

I hope you are right and I hope it's tonight.

Not being able to watch it live sucks.

7 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

We are due to give someone an absolute spanking......

Should have been Hibs the other night!

3-1 flattered them something awful.  Naismith should have made it 4 at the end, and there were plenty of other chances.

stirlingshirejambo
1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

leaving work at 4.30 picking up others at 5 then head over. I would rather be an hour early stop at Linwood for a coffee if we have time to kill