*** St Midden v Heart Of Midlothian - Rescheduled for 11/3 ***

JamboPete

5 minutes ago, Natural Orders said:

What is your point mate?

it’s good to listen to it on the radio sometimes instead of sitting watching it 

As soon as it needs to be explained, the flywheel loses it's impetus.  As it were.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Morgan

• Jambof3tornado

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Morgan said:

As soon as it needs to be explained, the flywheel loses it's impetus.  As it were.

He's deliberately obtuse. 

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

bet of luck with that Colin - and don't shake anybody's hand or hug them if we win!

Much to my good lady's delight, I can't even roar.

Celebrated our goals recently by punching the air to the extent I knackered myself.  

When the wife saw that Hearts had won 3-1 and heard nothing, she came through to the room to make sure I hadn't popped my clogs.

colinmaroon
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Have you tried sucking a Fishermans Friend?

:) 

Behave yourself!

19 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Behave yourself!

Aye, sorry about that, Colin.  :biggrin2:

4 hours ago, Fly the Saltire said:

Delayed transmission on BBC Alba at 10 pm if keen to see it

No way I'll not know the score immediately. 

Heart can't take it! 

Sexton Hardcastle

Not won in the league there since 2010. Last win being on the way to lifting the Scottish cup in 2012.

Awful record.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We have no luxury of hiding behind hoodoos. 

Stendel has made it clear enough,  they need to prove their better than these teams. 

A clean sheet and I'm sure we will nick one. 

Not giving it away,  making them work,  gaps will appear for us

allystrachan

Crap record in Paisley

Crap record when shown on Alba

Crap record with this ref 

Crap record away from home

2-0 hearts! 

Never thought I'd see the day where Livingston were outright favourites to beat Hearts.  Good barometer of how much we have to improve next season.

Let's start by winning on Wednesday and knocking them off on Sunday.

I've got a really good feeling about this game,I just get the feeling we're going to click and give st midden an absolute pasting! With that in mind I'm changing my prediction to st mirren 0 - 4 hearts.

Hope sibbick can make it.

Line up 

Bobby

Smith Dikamona Halkett Hickey

Sibbick Damour

Washington Naismith Moore

Boyce

2/1 St Mirren and 13/10 Hearts..9/4 the draw

Given our recent record in Paisley and the fact we are bottom it seems a bit strange

I suppose though the bookies don't win the matches

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Never thought I'd see the day where Livingston were outright favourites to beat Hearts.  Good barometer of how much we have to improve next season.

Let's start by winning on Wednesday and knocking them off on Sunday.

Livingston are an example of a well run Club with a very limited fan base and financies - solid manager who knows the Scottish game and shrewd signings.

Instead of cosying up to Hibs maybe Mrs Budge needs look to how Livingston are being run.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Livingston are an example of a well run Club with a very limited fan base and financies - solid manager who knows the Scottish game and shrewd signings.

Instead of cosying up to Hibs maybe Mrs Budge needs look to how Livingston are being run.

That's some slaver grenade right there. 

About as much to do with the match day thread as a post  talking about fraggle rock. 

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not sure AB does that but don't dispute your description of Livingston.  My point though related to the match thread in the sense that if we beat them and St M over the next 6 days and continue to progress, perhaps we'll be favourites next time we play them.

We should be.  We are a vastly bigger club.

39 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

They are run by a drug dealing gangster

36 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

That's some slaver grenade right there. 

About as much to do with the match day thread as a post  talking about fraggle rock. 

Wow ! And you’re accusing me of slavering ! 😂😂😂

20 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Not sure AB does that but don't dispute your description of Livingston.  My point though related to the match thread in the sense that if we beat them and St M over the next 6 days and continue to progress, perhaps we'll be favourites next time we play them.

We should be.  We are a vastly bigger club.

Indeed we should.

16 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Are you referring to Martindale who was one of their coaches I believe?

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Barack said:

Livingston are run by a drug dealer. Perhaps that's where she's going wrong...🤷‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

It should be our business model. 

Shanky says so. 

44 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

And he has passed the SFA criteria for a fit and proper person to run a football Club? 🤔

Without the aid of any stimulant whatsoever, I am increasingly confident that we will win well on Wednesday night.

7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Livingston are a well run club? 

All about opinions I suppose, but jeez.

Finlay James
7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hibs cosy up to Ann Budge, not the other way round.

We should be more like Livi 😂😂😂

Put down the pint mate.

Jeremy Goss

Draw at best 2-2

both teams are scrapping it out. They won’t play like Hibs, haven’t a clue bookies have us favourites and as usual folk on here predicting us given someone a “doing”, usually means we’ll struggle.

31 minutes ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Livingston are a well run club? 

All about opinions I suppose, but jeez.

My point was they are “well run” in terms of getting the best out of their team with a limited fan base.

13 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

Hibs cosy up to Ann Budge, not the other way round.

We should be more like Livi 😂😂😂

Put down the pint mate.

My comment on Budge was tongue in cheek.

I wish we were more like Livy in terms of league position right now, and their ability to sign good players on a very limited budget.

6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My point was they are “well run” in terms of getting the best out of their team with a limited fan base.

They are a club who are having a good season. 

42 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

They are a club who are having a good season. 

They beat us 5-0 last season....

8 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

They beat us 5-0 last season....

I know. Bigger clubs sometimes underachieve and smaller clubs overachieve.  What, specifically, about Livingstone is it you think we could learn from?

delpieroismagic

Win our personal battles and let the football do the talking, massive 3 points and a sell out away fans backing. Feeling good about this. 

Forever Hearts
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I know. Bigger clubs sometimes underachieve and smaller clubs overachieve.  What, specifically, about Livingstone is it you think we could learn from?

How to win football matches? 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Think they are still ahead of us in administrations tbh, and they are still streets ahead in lower league titles.

Just now, Forever Hearts said:

How to win football matches? 

Maybe they run a summer course. Worth the club looking into it.

1 minute ago, Special Officer Doofy said:

Think they are still ahead of us in administrations tbh, and they are still streets ahead in lower league titles.

Haha.Wee club riding the crest of a wave for a season or two. It happens. We can probably learn nothing from that is my theory.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Goss said:

Draw at best 2-2

both teams are scrapping it out. They won’t play like Hibs, haven’t a clue bookies have us favourites and as usual folk on here predicting us given someone a “doing”, usually means we’ll struggle.

A draw is my feeling too.

13 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’ve already said in my original post.

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I’ve already said in my original post.

We can’t learn from their league position and their signing policy probably wouldn’t suit us. Them finishing above us during one disastrous season from is and one fantastic season from them doesn’t point to us learning much from them. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

We can’t learn from their league position and their signing policy probably wouldn’t suit us. Them finishing above us during one disastrous season from is and one fantastic season from them doesn’t point to us learning much from them. 

We could learn a thing or two about macaroni though, tbf.

Bunny Munro

If we'd spent the £1.5M we spent on our pitch on a striker instead and layed down a carpet like they have we'd be a lot higher in the table than we are.

The Real Maroonblood
15 hours ago, Natural Orders said:

What is your point mate?

it’s good to listen to it on the radio sometimes instead of sitting watching it 

:cornette_dog:

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How would their signing policy not suit us exactly?