£30 !budge you can ram it.

braveheart

Prince Buaben

While its shite the price of the tickets. Rangers need to agree the price too. They need the money as much as us so wouldn't think they would agree to a cheap gate

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Boab

• ...a bit disco

• DETTY29

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

So you are happy  to  have even more Rangers fans at the game just so we can get extra money?

Hope you were not being serious 

For the record I despise the weeg with a passion. I hate Celtic and I was through at parkhead last week and was one of the last 60 or so fans to leave after full time. Most had gone early. I despise the hun more than Celtic but it’s a close run thing. 

If money wasn’t an issue , id give them pro rata in tickets to what we receive when we go through there. We get approx 800 tickets from a capacity of 52-55k.  This is approx 2%. I’d give these mhanks 2% in return  for our 22k capacit meaning they’d get 440 briefs. However all we are doing is biting off our nose to spite our face. We need revenue and the weeg will come in force. We will happily accept their coinage for this fixture and the downside is that we have to endure their bigoted bile for 90mins.

So yes is your answer but it’s a reluctant yes. I want to see a better HMFC for all. I want a successful challenging football side to be proud of. Not this bunch of imposters in maroon jersey’s I’ve been watching since Levein became involved. We can only improve things with proper funding and attracting the caliber of players required means a bigger wage bill ensues. There is no way Aberdeen should be outbidding us for St Johnstone players. We should be a better preference for any prospective player out there but sadly we are deluded as to what we are right now to what we should be.....and if this means more bums on seats at £30 a pop regardless of which set of supporters are buying tickets, then this is the trade off I will happily accept.  

We have far too many fair weather fans and it appears that they only sing when we are winning. In an ideal world I’d have the place packed to the rafters with jambos so that we don’t need their coin but sadly the reverse is true. Each fan needs to do their bit yet again. Ultimately It’s always the fans that pay. 

FYI I’m doing corporate sponsorship for this game at a cost of £2k plus vat going into the clubs coffers. I’m happy to put my money where my mouth is! 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

1 hour ago, stotty said:

Usual prices then, take it the other lounges mentioned are the only ones reduced. 

I’ve got the full itinerary of prices for all 

lounges but it won’t let me copy and paste. If you pm me an email address I’ll forward it to you if you want a look? 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

49 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The Gorgie appears to have about half an hour taken off the start, complimentary drinks only pre-match, two courses instead of three, so it is a reduced pckage too.

No mention of a departure time after the game.  Heritage and Strongbow mention usual 1 hour after game departure.

Where u getting this info? You got a link?

Is £30 to much? Probably. 

Does it make me angry? Not really. 

I thought prices would be £25 so not going to lose my sh*t over another £5.

When the game was announced I thought the chat would be about the 17.30 kick off but when I checked twitter and on here I was surprised by the level of rage.

2 hours ago, allystrachan said:

£30 isn’t that bad if the team were worth a watch. £30 for watching the dross that we serve up is where the problem is especially when it’s on TV.

Was it dross beating Rangers 2-1 the last time?

We're going to really struggle to sell tickets for this. 

Can't see the crowd toppling 16k . 

listening to the chat coming out the ground yesterday there was a lot of angry and pissed of fans . 

Maybe it was the weather . 

11 minutes ago, ramrod said:

listening to the chat coming out the ground yesterday there was a lot of angry and pissed of fans . 

Positive result next week might increase the gate some. 

willie wallace
34 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

For the record I despise the weeg with a passion. I hate Celtic and I was through at parkhead last week and was one of the last 60 or so fans to leave after full time. Most had gone early. I despise the hun more than Celtic but it’s a close run thing. 

If money wasn’t an issue , id give them pro rata in tickets to what we receive when we go through there. We get approx 800 tickets from a capacity of 52-55k.  This is approx 2%. I’d give these mhanks 2% in return  for our 22k capacit meaning they’d get 440 briefs. However all we are doing is biting off our nose to spite our face. We need revenue and the weeg will come in force. We will happily accept their coinage for this fixture and the downside is that we have to endure their bigoted bile for 90mins.

So yes is your answer but it’s a reluctant yes. I want to see a better HMFC for all. I want a successful challenging football side to be proud of. Not this bunch of imposters in maroon jersey’s I’ve been watching since Levein became involved. We can only improve things with proper funding and attracting the caliber of players required means a bigger wage bill ensues. There is no way Aberdeen should be outbidding us for St Johnstone players. We should be a better preference for any prospective player out there but sadly we are deluded as to what we are right now to what we should be.....and if this means more bums on seats at £30 a pop regardless of which set of supporters are buying tickets, then this is the trade off I will happily accept.  

We have far too many fair weather fans and it appears that they only sing when we are winning. In an ideal world I’d have the place packed to the rafters with jambos so that we don’t need their coin but sadly the reverse is true. Each fan needs to do their bit yet again. Ultimately It’s always the fans that pay. 

FYI I’m doing corporate sponsorship for this game at a cost of £2k plus vat going into the clubs coffers. I’m happy to put my money where my mouth is! 

Fair enough and well done for your  contribution to the club.I just hope they don't waste it .😀

I just hope none of them are sitting next me at the game

51 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ve got the full itinerary of prices for all 

lounges but it won’t let me copy and paste. If you pm me an email address I’ll forward it to you if you want a look? 

49 minutes ago, Nikoliunas said:

Where u getting this info? You got a link?

Sorry just a screen dump I can't C&P either.

If you pm  @Saughton Jambo he, she might be able to help.

I agree that the price of football is too high for the Scottish product, particularly when you consider what we have on the pitch. But this isn't the match to stay away. We have a good chance of a semi v ICT in the offing. 

16 hours ago, Bull's-eye said:

Each game costs me circa £400

I do drink a lot.

Thats impressive , considering you live in MacLeod Street

59 minutes ago, Deans Jambo said:

Was it dross beating Rangers 2-1 the last time?

No but almost every other game has been. If we could create performances like that each week (or at least more than once per season) £30 would be fine.

3 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

No but almost every other game has been. If we could create performances like that each week (or at least more than once per season) £30 would be fine.

Or the draw earlier in the season...  😎

I am aware of our results against rangers this season. Still doesn’t change my opinion. £30 for watching a good hearts team is ok in my books. £30 to watch this hearts team isn’t. 

Just now, allystrachan said:

I am aware of our results against rangers this season. Still doesn’t change my opinion. £30 for watching a good hearts team is ok in my books. £30 to watch this hearts team isn’t. 

That's generally not how it works though. However, the attendance will ultimately reflect whether it was priced appropriately or not. 

15 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That's generally not how it works though. However, the attendance will ultimately reflect whether it was priced appropriately or not. 

It’s exactly how it works. Just wait to see the attendance to prove my point.

It’s exactly how it works. Just wait to see the attendance to prove my point.

Time will tell. Remember that Rangers are looking for income from this category A game as well. 

Bazzas right boot

£20 or £30, is that a deal breaker? 

If we were playing well no one would care. 

£10 is just about  2 pints in most bars now. 

If you wanna go, go. If you don't, don't. 

But imo using the price as an excuse is shite. 

Will Folk avoid the final if it's over £20?

If I wanted to sit next to my mate for a league game it would be £38.

A big cup QF for 30 is ok

Some initial facts and then view of my own.

Hibs are 20-22 for St. Johnstone.  It was the same for their BSC and Dundee United games.

St. Johnstone yet to announce.

Rules for rounds up to quarter final is a minimum ticket price of £8 for an adult.

If clubs can't agree to pricing structure recommendation is to default to home clubs standard pricing structure for a league game. Rules don't go into CAT A, B etc

I'd have said 25ish reasonable however for context, in total I will have paid £60 for 3 cup games.  A Hibs season ticket holder in like for like (backside on seat at Alloa, DU game at Easter Road) will have paid £62 with nothing like the same stewarding and policing costs.  Naturally pricing income offsets for our next game.

As we don't know how discussions went with Rangers it would be harsh to automatically blame Hearts.  £30 may even have been a significant win by Hearts as Rangers know that irrespective of pricing their end would sell out and could have pushed for full pricing.  Of course it could be counter productive financially if a significant reduced home support although that too could benefit Rangers.

That said, Rangers may even have been happy with £25 and couldn't believe their luck if our initial pitch was £30.  That I doubt however, as all hell hasn't broke loose with Wullie from the Shankhill spread all over the front page of the Daily Record with a picture of Ann Budge saying that an evil women has ruined his weekend out for the sake of a fiver.

Malinga the Swinga

Just another Pathetic excuse for those who hate Hearts to winge even more than normal. Some of our support truly are a miserable lot.

SectionDJambo
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

£25 for St Johnstone v Celtic

St Johnstone like Rangers probably need the money more 

Maybe Celtic have suggested those prices to St Johnstone, knowing that they have already shown their dependence on the old firm by giving up so much of their ground to them. They'll do whatever Celtic want them to do.

Remember, not that long ago, St Johnstone insisted on Hearts charging full price for a cup tie at Tynecastle, which was being played midweek, with the result Tynecastle was half empty.

On 16/02/2020 at 15:34, ramrod said:

Personally I was too wet and cold to whinge. I’ll be there for the cup game hoping the atmosphere will be as good as it was last time v them. Hope it’s dry though

On 15/02/2020 at 23:26, braveheart said:

Now I wouldn't say I was a fair weather supporter.the last 30 years I,ve travelled a round trip of 200 miles and missed around 20 home games in that time.used to goto every away game as well then when it got to £20 to get in I said fcuk it.now I content myself with getting to all the home games and cup matches.as a season ticket holder in all that time,a shareholder,a 500 club member,a player sponsor and foh contributer I would like to think I,ve paid my dues.but the time has come to say enough is enough.i know many fans pay far more than me for stkts and foh contributions but to put a blanket £30 on every seat is wrong.if this was forced upon us by sevco then come out with one of your famous statements and tell us.by staying silent Mrs b you either have no objection to these prices or you were maybe the main reason for these prices.imo a giant kick in the teeth to every fan who has had to watch that garbage week in week out all season and more.of the 4 of us who regularly travel none are going.no doubt I,ll get told to "not come back" or "spitting the dummy" or whatever if there's only 12-13k at the game I won,t have been the only one to say "Mrs budge you can ram yer £30 tickets"

Can someone please change the embarrassing title of this thread? It's £30 for a QF game against Steven Gerard Rankers. Drop a few pints from your weekend and it will become affordable. Basically support your team through and thin and help the club survive by paying £30!! Unbelievable.

On 16/02/2020 at 18:00, DETTY29 said:

Some initial facts and then view of my own.

Hibs are 20-22 for St. Johnstone.  It was the same for their BSC and Dundee United games.

St. Johnstone yet to announce.

Rules for rounds up to quarter final is a minimum ticket price of £8 for an adult.

If clubs can't agree to pricing structure recommendation is to default to home clubs standard pricing structure for a league game. Rules don't go into CAT A, B etc

I'd have said 25ish reasonable however for context, in total I will have paid £60 for 3 cup games.  A Hibs season ticket holder in like for like (backside on seat at Alloa, DU game at Easter Road) will have paid £62 with nothing like the same stewarding and policing costs.  Naturally pricing income offsets for our next game.

As we don't know how discussions went with Rangers it would be harsh to automatically blame Hearts.  £30 may even have been a significant win by Hearts as Rangers know that irrespective of pricing their end would sell out and could have pushed for full pricing.  Of course it could be counter productive financially if a significant reduced home support although that too could benefit Rangers.

That said, Rangers may even have been happy with £25 and couldn't believe their luck if our initial pitch was £30.  That I doubt however, as all hell hasn't broke loose with Wullie from the Shankhill spread all over the front page of the Daily Record with a picture of Ann Budge saying that an evil women has ruined his weekend out for the sake of a fiver.

Wish I'd had time to change 'fact' to research.

Of course the Airdrie game was £12 not £15 so £57 not £60 if you bought a standard adult ticket for all 3 games.

Hospitality packages also up now

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/scottish-cup-qf-hospitality

On 16/02/2020 at 16:40, davemclaren said:

However, the attendance will ultimately reflect whether it was priced appropriately or not. 

I'm not sure it will Dave. Those saying they won't go because of the price wouldn't have gone if it was £25 either IMO.

I"ve got seats in Premium, so £30 is a saving. Also means my laddie gets in for £12 to a section that normally doesn't have concessions, so win win for me.

42 minutes ago, Dunks said:

I'm not sure it will Dave. Those saying they won't go because of the price wouldn't have gone if it was £25 either IMO.

I"ve got seats in Premium, so £30 is a saving. Also means my laddie gets in for £12 to a section that normally doesn't have concessions, so win win for me.

Got my tickets already. 👍 Personally I’m pretty happy with the price. 

Was quite happy to buy mine as soon as I realised they were going on sale today, but over the weekend I've thought differently of it.

Strapped for cash and got derby tickets to think about. Would cost me £60 to get me and my girlfriend a ticket for this, plus another £70 for 2 derby tickets. I might have a change of heart closer to the time, but really couldn't care if we get knocked out the cup.

Baldwigforjack
On 16/02/2020 at 13:01, ...a bit disco said:

What game, out of interest?

Leith Athletic v Edinburgh United in The King Cup 2nd round.

...a bit disco
22 minutes ago, Baldwigforjack said:

Leith Athletic v Edinburgh United in The King Cup 2nd round.

Good one.

Nothing wrong with local amateur football.

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Anyone else gone on to Hearts e-tickets to buy their ST seat only to find that it’s already been sold?  

Thought that had happened to me. It was reserved in my notifications though.

4 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

Thought that had happened to me. It was reserved in my notifications though.

Ah, I see.  Never mind.  Decided to treat myself to a main stand upgrade 😁.

Bought my seat today. 
it’s a Q-Final at home in the Cup so hopefully we get a really decent crowd.  Hoping we have some of our injuries back and you never know

Fort Vallance
On 17/02/2020 at 18:33, Independence said:

Can someone please change the embarrassing title of this thread? It's £30 for a QF game against Steven Gerard Rankers. Drop a few pints from your weekend and it will become affordable. Basically support your team through and thin and help the club survive by paying £30!! Unbelievable.

I didn't see anyone saying it wasn't affordable. More that it wasnt realistic given other ties and TV etc.  Unbelievable !! Your post smacks of arrogance.

...a bit disco
33 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Ah, I see.  Never mind.  Decided to treat myself to a main stand upgrade 😁.

Coming to see how us other half live eh?

:biggrin:

On 16/02/2020 at 11:55, Saughton Jambo said:

From a business point of view then it’s more than fair. Given that we are a bottom 6 team this year, then we will miss out on 3 home games to Hibs, Celtic and Aberdeen. This will cause us two guaranteed full houses in the Roseburn at £90k each and about 1500 Aberdeen fans at approx £35-40k. Painfully this will cost us £220k. 

I’d happily pay £35 each for  me and the bairn to go. We need as much revenue as possible to rebuild for next year. Going down to the championship, then the financial ramifications are unthinkable 

Get the benefactor to make up the shortfall then. Why make us punters pay for the clubs’ failings?

On 18/02/2020 at 10:29, davemclaren said:

Got my tickets already. 👍 Personally I’m pretty happy with the price. 

Her Highness will be pleased with your loyalty 😁

I suppose we could have kept the price down by giving The Rangers the Wheatfield Stand and keeping the rest of the stadium for Hearts fans. 

That would more or less guaranteed a sell out and allowed the club to knock a fiver of the ticket price. 

Sell the other stands section by section in case sales are slow and it would be easier to cut down on stewarding. 

16 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I suppose we could have kept the price down by giving The Rangers the Wheatfield Stand and keeping the rest of the stadium for Hearts fans. 

That would more or less guaranteed a sell out and allowed the club to knock a fiver of the ticket price. 

Sell the other stands section by section in case sales are slow and it would be easier to cut down on stewarding. 

🤮🤮🤮

1 hour ago, rick witter said:

Hearts end will be crawling with Rangers fans!! 

Easy to spot if their crawling, cheers for heads up rick.

There’s nothing wrong with the pricing. We’re not some pissy wee club who need to entice fans by keeping prices down to a score. It’s the QF’s of the major cup competition against the hun ffs. I feel sorry for folk who can’t afford it but a tenner less (for most regular attenders) will be neither here nor there.